Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And the greatest guitar riff is......... 22:37 - Aug 25 with 1597 viewscentrestandswan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28929167

enjoy

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 22:40 - Aug 25 with 1277 viewsDarran

Warwick will be along shortly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 22:44 - Aug 25 with 1264 viewsWarwickHunt

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 22:40 - Aug 25 by Darran

You rang?

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 08:36 - Aug 26 with 1179 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 09:51 - Aug 26 with 1126 viewsQuakerJack

Money for Nothing for me.....

As a Straights fan I also like the Romeo and Juliet riff at the start, as much the sound of that guitar as the riff itself.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 09:54 - Aug 26 with 1122 viewsJohnw102

Smoke on the water for me, if they are just going on riffs

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 09:56 - Aug 26 with 1118 viewsllangyfelach

No Smokestack Lightning in the top 100?

Daft Punk, Get Lucky??? (Good song, but top 100 riff? Ppppfffft)

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 10:11 - Aug 26 with 1100 viewsperchrockjack

Won't be a Kate bush tune anyway.

Johnny be Goode was original, simple and inspired many

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 10:16 - Aug 26 with 1096 viewsDarran

No need to thank me.

Login to get fewer ads

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 10:22 - Aug 26 with 1092 viewsyescomeon

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 08:36 - Aug 26 by Shaky

Ah the father of house himself

Upthecity!

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 10:29 - Aug 26 with 1081 viewsRancid

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 10:36 - Aug 26 with 1072 viewsRancid

No Purple Haze or Voodoo Chile ??
And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 11:41 - Aug 26 with 1039 viewslifelong

Saw this chap on Sky Arts the other evening, thought he was very good.

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 12:07 - Aug 26 with 1017 viewsjackonicko

No idea whether this made the full list, but I love this. Saw him do this live at the Hammersmith Apollo in early 90s.

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 12:13 - Aug 26 with 1012 viewsjackonicko

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 08:36 - Aug 26 by Shaky

I'm "working from home" today, so I just put this on in the background.

A cracking 8 mins and 30 seconds of not working. Thanks, Shaky.
And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 22:06 - Aug 26 with 936 viewsShaky

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 12:13 - Aug 26 by jackonicko

I'm "working from home" today, so I just put this on in the background.

A cracking 8 mins and 30 seconds of not working. Thanks, Shaky.

No problem, Calc.

And since we seem to have by democratic vote agreed that the best guitar riff is a bass guitar riff, here's another one.

Ok it may strictly speaking be a base synth riff as opposed to anything emanating from real guitar, but not only is it from the same label family as the maestro's outstanding Plunky remix, but it is also from the same year and is another slice of classic proto-house to boot, so who cares ;-)

[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 22:12]

Misology -- It's a bitch

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 22:47 - Aug 26 with 900 viewsLord_Bony

I reckon this is the most well known..

Smoke on the Water. Deep Puple.

Whenever we play it live always goes down a stormer..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 23:08 - Aug 26 with 887 viewsLord_Bony

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 11:41 - Aug 26 by lifelong

Saw this chap on Sky Arts the other evening, thought he was very good.

Gary Moore..legend...died too young

That was a brilliant tribute to Thin Lizzy he did on Sky Arts..

Massive fan.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 18:36 - Aug 27 with 784 viewsLohengrin

Elmore James didn't have but two or three tricks up his sleeve but by way of templates they have been hugely influential and often imitated.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 18:48 - Aug 27 with 777 viewsphact0rri

*LOL* I like the contenders who were listed... included Back in Black (AC/DC) and Pretty Vaccant (Sex Pistols).

Greatest Guitar Riff period or is this just rock? I like to think of a good guitar riff as being the sticky bit that forms a strong catchy hook. The Beatles did it best really, as much as I'm not a fan I can't help but appreciate that measure at the beginning of Dogs Day Night.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 19:58 - Aug 27 with 748 viewsDr_Winston

If we're on the subject of bass riffs...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 20:31 - Aug 27 with 729 viewsperchrockjack

Loh back on stream after the Hamas comments..

Welcome home and not the peters and lee one

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 21:24 - Aug 27 with 705 viewsLohengrin

Here's another you'll like, Perch. One of the great staples of the guitarists repertoire is "The Train." In conjuction with harmonica and percussion it's the riff that legends are made of.

A couple for you off the top of my bonce...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 21:24 - Aug 27 with 705 viewsShaky

OK, I'll play nicely:

Misology -- It's a bitch

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 21:59 - Aug 27 with 685 viewsjacksinceever

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 22:40 - Aug 25 by Darran

Did you know Frank Zappa lived in a region of LA called Echo Park - near the Dodger Stadium.
Just read a Michael Connolly book of the same name
And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 22:05 - Aug 27 with 679 viewsDarran

And the greatest guitar riff is......... on 21:59 - Aug 27 by jacksinceever

Did you know Frank Zappa lived in a region of LA called Echo Park - near the Dodger Stadium.
Just read a Michael Connolly book of the same name

Joe lived in a region of LA called Canoga Park.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024