Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread 03:24 - Aug 26 with 25803 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:43 - Aug 26 with 2413 viewsDavillin

There will be 5 minutes of added time. Still 1-0.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:45 - Aug 26 with 2365 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:43 - Aug 26 by Davillin

There will be 5 minutes of added time. Still 1-0.

There's an air of inevitability about what happens next. Perhaps.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:46 - Aug 26 with 2287 viewsmacthejack

West Brom look to be heading to extra time, just what we need ahead of Saturday!
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:47 - Aug 26 with 2274 viewsexiledclaseboy

Full time. Reserves win. Played three won three. Happy days like.

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:47 - Aug 26 with 2262 viewsorion3016

Job done
Let's hope for another home game in rd 3

Be over there now after

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:48 - Aug 26 with 2215 viewsPhil_S

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:47 - Aug 26 by orion3016

Job done
Let's hope for another home game in rd 3

MK Dons away it will be
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:49 - Aug 26 with 2191 viewsmysonsarejacks

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:46 - Aug 26 by macthejack

West Brom look to be heading to extra time, just what we need ahead of Saturday!

I put in a good word

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:49 - Aug 26 with 2188 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:48 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

MK Dons away it will be

Cardiff.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:49 - Aug 26 with 2186 viewsJohnw102

Into the third round and good news looks like WBA will be playing extra time so bit more out of their legs before Saturday.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:49 - Aug 26 with 2187 viewstruckjack

Scum home next round please
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:50 - Aug 26 with 2132 viewsMrSwerve

Whens the draw?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:51 - Aug 26 with 2110 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:42 - Aug 26 by macthejack

Christ on unicycle Dav I think he was just making a joke. For someone who gets so precious about people being insulting in posts you might want to take a look at yourself.

I think it may be you who needs to lighten up.

No, I think it's YOU who needs to lighten up.

Or is that also an insult? Parsing British and Welsh sensibilities is still beyond me after all these years, so I don't know.

Imagine, then, my flawed and clouded understanding of "banter."

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:52 - Aug 26 with 2075 viewsorion3016

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:50 - Aug 26 by MrSwerve

Whens the draw?

Tomorrow after another 5 games

Be over there now after

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:57 - Aug 26 with 1980 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:37 - Aug 26 by Davillin

Sorry. I try again, to your implied specifications.

Duh. Um-ah. [expletive deleted]. Mmmm, lemme see. Um-ah. Duh. [expletive deleted].

Feel more at home now? [p.s. An "expletive" is any word not to be used in polite company. I was going to define it as "something profane," but then I'd have to define that for you, too.]

Lighten up. Or elevate your own language.

Oh f*ck off you tedious cock.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:00 - Aug 26 with 1903 viewsaspas45

Anyone go to the match today to provide a player performance review??

Please provide.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:03 - Aug 26 with 1864 viewstruckjack

If anyone put a bet on MK Dons 4 Man U 0 I'd be amazed but they would deserve £thousands. Just saw the goals, credit to them. Usual emphasis on Man U rather than great performance by the winning side by the media. Well done the Dons!
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:07 - Aug 26 with 1824 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:57 - Aug 26 by WarwickHunt

Oh f*ck off you tedious cock.

Now there are two expletives in just six words (not counting "tedious"). That's a 33! Come on, WarwickHunt, you can do better than that, you subtle wordsmith, you!

Care to go for the record? Given the level of discourse on here from time to time, you can tie only tie -- at a 100 not out.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 22:09]

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:15 - Aug 26 with 1722 viewseddie71

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:00 - Aug 26 by aspas45

Anyone go to the match today to provide a player performance review??

Please provide.

Carroll neat and tidy, tackling better than I was expecting though gave the ball away more than I was expecting. Jazz looked good, Gomis took his goal well but other than that I was a bit uninspired. Montero good in patches and the Rotherham defence clearly could not handle him. Fernandez and bartley both looked solid though Rotherham didnt offer much. Result flattered them.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:20 - Aug 26 with 1639 viewsScoobyWho

Good game tonight, excellent choices in the side and we could have had 6 lets be honest. Wilf needs to find his shooting boots but I'm happy for him to be a non scorer until after the window.
Jazz linked well with Montero and Carrol looked ok too, but it was only Rotherham. I managed to insult that cu nt of a man Evans as well. All round an enjoyable evening.

And Bartley was magnificent at times.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:20 - Aug 26 with 1643 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 21:49 - Aug 26 by truckjack

Scum home next round please

Could well be on the cards..

Theynd better get the ticket system sorted for that one...they would be inundated in no time...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:21 - Aug 26 with 1628 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:15 - Aug 26 by eddie71

Carroll neat and tidy, tackling better than I was expecting though gave the ball away more than I was expecting. Jazz looked good, Gomis took his goal well but other than that I was a bit uninspired. Montero good in patches and the Rotherham defence clearly could not handle him. Fernandez and bartley both looked solid though Rotherham didnt offer much. Result flattered them.

Thanks for that. There are some welcome positives in there about our newer players.

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:30 - Aug 26 with 1525 viewsPacemaker

Rotherham offered little other than a very long throw into the box ala Stoke earlier this century.

It was difficult to gauge our performance against the quality of the team we played but Bartley and Fernandez looked very solid and Bartley pulled off two very good tackles . Carroll was a Joe Allen look a like, Gomis took his goal well but was not served well really by midfield. Fulton went off HT and looked decent before that as did Sheehan. Montero was fouled by everybody on his side of the field Dyer was capt and played well with Tiendelli doing his reputation no harm. Jazz looked really good to be fair and deserves a chance in the next round. Overall a good performance, bit rusty In places but decent cup game.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:34 - Aug 26 with 1494 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:20 - Aug 26 by ScoobyWho

Good game tonight, excellent choices in the side and we could have had 6 lets be honest. Wilf needs to find his shooting boots but I'm happy for him to be a non scorer until after the window.
Jazz linked well with Montero and Carrol looked ok too, but it was only Rotherham. I managed to insult that cu nt of a man Evans as well. All round an enjoyable evening.

And Bartley was magnificent at times.

Fair.

Fulton looked well short of match pace, which isn't surprising. Sheehan struggled for me. Otherwise it was a tidy performance with another 3/4 gears in reserve.

If I've got a gripe it's that we seem to be slipping back into one of the bad habits of the Rodgers days by not looking for the forward ball as the first option. A number of times we went sideways or backwards when there was a decent offensive pass available.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:36 - Aug 26 with 1470 viewsSwan91

Just came back from the game.

Team looked good with the youngsters playing well. Think Kyle Bartley had a great match and should be motm (did they say who was)

Fernandez looked alright but caught out a few times but Bartley covered well.

Richards possible second choice LB ?

Caroll made quite a few nice passes and looked like he'd been playing for us for a while. The way Shelvey has been playing he could possibly move ahead of him. Nice to see gomis score but was hoping he'd play the whole match. Wandering when he will make his first PL start for us.

Team overall did a nice job to get us our 3rd straight win now bring on west brom and a possible 4th win in a row?
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 22:36 - Aug 26 with 1469 viewsPhil_S

For all those that have been on the matchnight thread tonight - the real fans are back home now, let's all retreat to the specially formed plastics board so we can discuss the radio commentary
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024