Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland Decides 16:45 - Aug 26 with 900 viewsjohnlangy

Salmond won last night's debate by a mile.

Agree ?
Scotland Decides on 17:09 - Aug 26 with 886 viewsQuakerJack

Watched City v Liverpool but had this on in the background. Thought he did win it. I was up there recently and having a few in pubs in Glasgow and was chatting with people, it was the first time I actually thought there may be a chance they could vote yes.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Scotland Decides on 18:12 - Aug 26 with 841 viewsunion_jack

Winning that particular battle and winning the war are two completely fop different things though.

It is unlikely that those who are in the NO camp will swap allegiances - at least in the numbers polls suggest are necessary.

Hope they see sense and send Salmond packing!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Scotland Decides on 18:32 - Aug 26 with 823 viewsKilkennyjack

The gap has closed to almost nothing now. The yes vote keeps going up and the no vote keeps going down. Any ideas for a new flag for the remaining union....?

Beware of the Risen People

Scotland Decides on 18:46 - Aug 26 with 805 viewsCountyJim

If they vote to stay with us what becomes of the SNP
Scotland Decides on 18:47 - Aug 26 with 804 viewsCatullus

Listening to Salmond, it sounds like he's spending the same money two or three times. I think he is so set on independence that he's overstating what Scotland will gain.
Let them go. I wouldn't be surprised if they crashed and burned. They'd have the oil but they'd lose the military bases. They'd have to fund their own nhs, schools, hospitals, police, civil service etc.
The only people I am sure wouldn't lose out would be the politicians.

At least it would end all talk of Rangers and Celtic coming south!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scotland Decides on 18:52 - Aug 26 with 797 viewsJackoBoostardo

There are no real winners here if Scotland get the Yes vote.

1) More expense at the cost of the tax payer.

2) Cheeky c*nt Salmond expects their debt to be covered by the remainder of the UK

3) If it goes tits up they'll be expecting us to bail them out - which is quite likely

4) If they're decimated by Russia as a result of the outbreak of Nuclear war with Scotland (After Salmond makes a tweet on Putin wearing women's underwear) - don't expect our Trident shield will be used to bail their asses out.

5) They seem to think they'll be able to cover their jobless/disabled, even if they have one of the highest in the UK! Salmond didn't take into account whisky and scotch drinkers who can't be arsed to work which makes up 66% of the population from the ages of 6 upwards.

6) We'll rebuild Hadrian's Wall and have 24 hour armed guards.

7) Watch the movie Doomsday http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483607/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_11

8) Their leader with be Salmon features Salmond. Mr No Plan-B. He'll more then likely get caught up in a Berlisconi-esque scandal with a goat.

9) We'll be inundated with immigrants. Scottish people trying to swim around Hadrian's Wall. We need new by-laws to punish them in the same manner as Welsh people may still be executed if seen within the walls of Bath after 7pm.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Scotland Decides on 19:03 - Aug 26 with 790 viewsllangyfelach

What did a political commentator liken it to? Something along the lines of a Friday night fight in a pub car park, minus the kebab.

Darling needs to sort his barnet and eyebrows out. C*nt looks more and more like Andy Warhol every time he's on the tele

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Scotland Decides on 19:08 - Aug 26 with 784 viewsGowerjack

The Jocks are a pragmatic bunch sonfor that reason I expect a victory for the no camp.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland Decides on 19:21 - Aug 26 with 772 viewsexiledclaseboy

Scotland Decides on 18:12 - Aug 26 by union_jack

Winning that particular battle and winning the war are two completely fop different things though.

It is unlikely that those who are in the NO camp will swap allegiances - at least in the numbers polls suggest are necessary.

Hope they see sense and send Salmond packing!

This. (Apart from the last sentence, I don't care which way they vote).

Salmond undoubtedly came out on top last night but it's unlikely to make much difference. I'm not sure what polls Kilkenny is seeing but the gap between Yes and No seems to be almost as wide as ever. It'll probably narrow in the run up to polling but I strongly expect "No" to win, probably by aboutt 54-46 when all is done.

Poll: Tory leader

Scotland Decides on 19:24 - Aug 26 with 767 viewsperchrockjack

Scots will shite themselves when about to put a tick in box.

60/40 at lesst

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Scotland Decides on 22:33 - Aug 26 with 709 viewsLord_Bony

If they vote yes it will affect us all.

It will be the end of the United Kingdom as we know it.

Plus after 5 years they'll come crying back cap in hand they fecked up please take us back..

Unfortunatley,it won't be that simple...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Scotland Decides on 22:55 - Aug 26 with 691 viewsC_jack

They'll bottle it.

I hope they do, because if not then it's going to be very uncertain for everyone for a while, not just Scotland, which is no good for the economy etc. Every organisation in the country starts to think, well what happens now?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Scotland Decides on 12:04 - Aug 27 with 603 viewsCatullus

What needs to be made very clear is, if they vote yes and leave, there is no going back. No bail outs, no help. They will have made their bed, they can lay in it.
And if they say we can pay their share of the debt, then if the yes brigade win the first thing to do is withdraw all funding from Westminster to go towards that debt. Take everything that belongs to the Union straight out of Scotland as soon as possible.
that should be enough to secure a no vote. When the sick and disabled get the threat of no money at all for several weeks, when hospitals, police stations etc start closing and when thousands of jobs are lost overnight, they'll regret it.
salmond reckons North sea oil will give them nigh on 7 billion a year, Westminster says closer to 3 billion, so probably around 5 billion. What I don't know is exactly how much they get from westminster to subsidise them, does anybody?
But setting up a new currency will be hard enough in these troubled times.

I hope Cameron has started planning where to put the new Nuclear Submarine bases. How about Milford Haven Dave? OR Anglesey?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scotland Decides on 12:10 - Aug 27 with 601 viewsjohnlangy

Scotland Decides on 18:32 - Aug 26 by Kilkennyjack

The gap has closed to almost nothing now. The yes vote keeps going up and the no vote keeps going down. Any ideas for a new flag for the remaining union....?

Maybe they'll have space for us
Scotland Decides on 14:33 - Aug 27 with 575 viewsjohnlangy

Scotland Decides on 12:04 - Aug 27 by Catullus

What needs to be made very clear is, if they vote yes and leave, there is no going back. No bail outs, no help. They will have made their bed, they can lay in it.
And if they say we can pay their share of the debt, then if the yes brigade win the first thing to do is withdraw all funding from Westminster to go towards that debt. Take everything that belongs to the Union straight out of Scotland as soon as possible.
that should be enough to secure a no vote. When the sick and disabled get the threat of no money at all for several weeks, when hospitals, police stations etc start closing and when thousands of jobs are lost overnight, they'll regret it.
salmond reckons North sea oil will give them nigh on 7 billion a year, Westminster says closer to 3 billion, so probably around 5 billion. What I don't know is exactly how much they get from westminster to subsidise them, does anybody?
But setting up a new currency will be hard enough in these troubled times.

I hope Cameron has started planning where to put the new Nuclear Submarine bases. How about Milford Haven Dave? OR Anglesey?

I imagine when you say about the rest of the UK paying Scotland's share of the debt you're talking about when Salmond said, if the Bank of England retains all the assets then they will retain all the debt. That's perfectly sensible.

He's not asking for that. He's saying that Scotland should have their share of the UK's assets and they'll also have their share of the UK's debts.

I think you should listen to what he said again.
Scotland Decides on 15:34 - Aug 28 with 485 viewsCatullus

Scotland Decides on 14:33 - Aug 27 by johnlangy

I imagine when you say about the rest of the UK paying Scotland's share of the debt you're talking about when Salmond said, if the Bank of England retains all the assets then they will retain all the debt. That's perfectly sensible.

He's not asking for that. He's saying that Scotland should have their share of the UK's assets and they'll also have their share of the UK's debts.

I think you should listen to what he said again.

Salmond said if we refused a currency union they'll renegue on their share of the debts, didn't he?
And I don't mind them having their fair share, Salmond wants all the best bits but to leave the rubbish for the rest of us to sort out.
He wants to keep the stability of the Uk pound, he thinks every public building in Scotland is theirs, he says the oil is theirs but who paid for all the research and infrastructure?
They can have their fair share, then to hell with them.

Scotland Decides on 17:28 - Aug 28 with 471 viewsjohnlangy

Scotland Decides on 15:34 - Aug 28 by Catullus

Salmond said if we refused a currency union they'll renegue on their share of the debts, didn't he?
And I don't mind them having their fair share, Salmond wants all the best bits but to leave the rubbish for the rest of us to sort out.
He wants to keep the stability of the Uk pound, he thinks every public building in Scotland is theirs, he says the oil is theirs but who paid for all the research and infrastructure?

I'm pretty certain he said it the way I described.

I imagine it's like a business. If you and I were in business together and I decided to get out i'd expect my fair share of the assets. If you insisted on keeping all the business' assets i'd expect you to keep the liabilities as well.

I'll try to find the bit where he said it.
Scotland Decides on 17:41 - Aug 28 with 466 viewsjohnlangy

Scotland Decides on 15:34 - Aug 28 by Catullus

By the way, regarding public buildings, if you think about it Scotland has maybe 1/12 of the population, Wales has about 1/20th, NI about 1/40th and England the rest so I imagine the ownership of the buildings would be roughly proportionate and probably equates to the buildings actually i the respective countries. Nothing wrong with that.

Re the oil. It is always talked about as being Scottish owned if they vote yes as it's in what is regarded as Scottish waters. Research and infrastructure I don't know enough about.

So, of course they should have their fair share. Why not ? It's fair.

And, if they vote yes why to hell with them. It will be a REAL democratic decision as they expect a turnout of about 80 %. I think that's brilliant whichever way it goes. And they will then be one of our biggest trading partners.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024