Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticketing tonight 20:02 - Aug 26 with 6074 viewsQuakerJack

Just heard it's delayed due to ticketing problems? Really does need sorting this.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ticketing tonight on 23:45 - Aug 26 with 1591 viewsstujones88

Ticketing tonight on 23:39 - Aug 26 by jackharris

You truly are clueless. They didn't all turn up at 7.30pm. Change the record. Not everyone in South West Wales can get to the Liberty Stadium by 6,6.30 or 7. We have fans from the whole of West Wales and regions to the North of us.

Ticket booths are simple and effective not everybody is as intellectual as yourself.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 23:41]

i came 26 miles from bridgend today, after finishing work at half 5, so thanks for your input you sarcastic little genius, but im sure the more local people could have got there 15 minutes earlier!! and im not usually one to defend the ticket office, especially as their cockup at old trafford came within 5 minutes of me missing kick off as they'd sent me a wrong ticket, im sure they could have made quicker progress today, just think the fans themselves could have helped the situation also!

jack army

Ticketing tonight on 23:51 - Aug 26 with 1559 viewsAngelRangelQS

Whoever is in charge of the ticketing down there is about as out of his depth as Lee Jenkins would be playing full back against Jefferson Montero
Ticketing tonight on 23:53 - Aug 26 with 1555 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ticketing tonight on 23:45 - Aug 26 by stujones88

i came 26 miles from bridgend today, after finishing work at half 5, so thanks for your input you sarcastic little genius, but im sure the more local people could have got there 15 minutes earlier!! and im not usually one to defend the ticket office, especially as their cockup at old trafford came within 5 minutes of me missing kick off as they'd sent me a wrong ticket, im sure they could have made quicker progress today, just think the fans themselves could have helped the situation also!

But a business needs to be prepared for this sort of thing doesn't it?
Ticketing tonight on 23:54 - Aug 26 with 1553 viewsjackforever

People were getting in twenty minutes late even with a ten min delay. They were in the queue with at least 25 mins before ko. If everybody had got there earlier the queues would of still been huge only difference more would have seen ko. All around the ground people were being turned away from the turnstiles back to the ticket office as their ticket was refused, obviously this would have delayed the queue as would the fact the ticket office isn't big enough for st helens fireworks let alone a premier league club.
Ticketing tonight on 23:55 - Aug 26 with 1550 viewsjackharris

I AM NOT BLAMING THE TICKET OFFICE!

I am blaming the so called ticketing hierarchy at our club. Who the f*ck are you anyway! I've never seen your name before on here?

Step One - be able to print tickets at home.
2) reduce booking fee in line with the reduction of ticket prices, therefore encouraging more people to purchase earlier and not have to purchase at the stadium.
3) put the tickets on sale earlier, Huw Cooze announced the pricing a while before they went on sale.
4) put ticket booths up for this game at a relatively small cost.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Ticketing tonight on 23:58 - Aug 26 with 1540 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ticketing tonight on 23:55 - Aug 26 by jackharris

I AM NOT BLAMING THE TICKET OFFICE!

I am blaming the so called ticketing hierarchy at our club. Who the f*ck are you anyway! I've never seen your name before on here?

Step One - be able to print tickets at home.
2) reduce booking fee in line with the reduction of ticket prices, therefore encouraging more people to purchase earlier and not have to purchase at the stadium.
3) put the tickets on sale earlier, Huw Cooze announced the pricing a while before they went on sale.
4) put ticket booths up for this game at a relatively small cost.

5) Didnt they once tout the idea of selling tickets at tescos too?
Ticketing tonight on 00:02 - Aug 27 with 1526 viewsjacktar

Some of the moaning feckers on here should realise this isn't the Vetch with 3000 supporters and you could stay in the Garibaldi until 15 mins to kick off. How about leaving the pub a bit earlier or getting to the ground at a reasonable time. I have had no problems with queues at turnstiles with my season ticket or tonight's tickets.
Maybe the club should withdraw walk up pay at the gate, as is the case for all league games.
There are clearly some on here who weren't around when we had 20,000+ crowds at the Vetch. Now that was what I called a fecking queue.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Ticketing tonight on 00:02 - Aug 27 with 1525 viewsSpratty

Ticketing tonight on 23:32 - Aug 26 by stujones88

exactly, i take it common sense told you to turn up early too? if the same 4-500 waiting at 7.30 had just turned up at 7 instead they'd have got in on time.

not so

Did turn up at 7 queued for 45 minutes so would have missed the start if they had not delayed it
Login to get fewer ads

Ticketing tonight on 00:05 - Aug 27 with 1507 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ticketing tonight on 00:02 - Aug 27 by jacktar

Some of the moaning feckers on here should realise this isn't the Vetch with 3000 supporters and you could stay in the Garibaldi until 15 mins to kick off. How about leaving the pub a bit earlier or getting to the ground at a reasonable time. I have had no problems with queues at turnstiles with my season ticket or tonight's tickets.
Maybe the club should withdraw walk up pay at the gate, as is the case for all league games.
There are clearly some on here who weren't around when we had 20,000+ crowds at the Vetch. Now that was what I called a fecking queue.

This isn't about queuing at the turnstiles, it is about an estimated 500+ people queuing outside the ticket office in a line that stretched as far as the North Stand, many of which didn't bother queuing and went home / to the pub because they'd miss so much of the game.

Having to delay kick-off is embarrassing for such a simple reason,

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ticketing tonight on 00:07 - Aug 27 with 1486 viewsjackharris

Ticketing tonight on 00:02 - Aug 27 by jacktar

But you miss the point completely. We're are not at the Vetch and we are not talking about the regulars, these were newcomers with their families and children. We have significantly moved on and should be able to cope with a walk up crowd it's not rocket science. These people in charge are paid more than enough to make these decisions. There would have 100's of people who made last minute decisions to attend.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Ticketing tonight on 00:09 - Aug 27 with 1476 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ticketing tonight on 00:05 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This isn't about queuing at the turnstiles, it is about an estimated 500+ people queuing outside the ticket office in a line that stretched as far as the North Stand, many of which didn't bother queuing and went home / to the pub because they'd miss so much of the game.

School holidays, shit weather for a week, decent weather tonight, cheap tickets... Didn't take a genius to work out there'd be a sizeable walk up crowd.
Ticketing tonight on 00:11 - Aug 27 with 1461 viewsjacktar

Ticketing tonight on 00:05 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's why I said the club should consider withdrawing walk up entry, because clearly they seem ill-equipped to cope with large numbers over a very short period of time before kick off. Supporters would have to sort out tickets in advance as they do for league games.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Ticketing tonight on 00:13 - Aug 27 with 1449 viewsstujones88

i've read a few people today say they're delay was largely due to rejected tickets after the scanners rejected them. fair enough that's pretty embarrasing for everyone.. and what difference does it make if you havent seen my name before? not everyone spends they're life posting on a football forum mind..

jack army

Ticketing tonight on 00:16 - Aug 27 with 1435 viewsadamswan

Ticketing tonight on 00:07 - Aug 27 by jackharris

But you miss the point completely. We're are not at the Vetch and we are not talking about the regulars, these were newcomers with their families and children. We have significantly moved on and should be able to cope with a walk up crowd it's not rocket science. These people in charge are paid more than enough to make these decisions. There would have 100's of people who made last minute decisions to attend.

Couldn't agree with you more. Can't stand the "we didnt have it like this back in the vetch attitude". We are all moaning and twitching about a stadium expansion; well guess what, we will need to attract new regulars to fill it, and the nonsense like tonight will not help. Fans effectively being blamed for not planning to come 3 weeks in advance and for not turning up more that an hour before kick off. I bboight mine online and collected them at around 6:50, queue was already massive.
As a stop gap, even something like small cabins like what are sometimes used to sell programmes at grounds to deal with walkup. First cup game of the year, debut for our big summer signing, but its the fans fault obviously. Some are seriously deluded on this site.
Ticketing tonight on 00:16 - Aug 27 with 1433 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ticketing tonight on 00:11 - Aug 27 by jacktar

That's why I said the club should consider withdrawing walk up entry, because clearly they seem ill-equipped to cope with large numbers over a very short period of time before kick off. Supporters would have to sort out tickets in advance as they do for league games.

So we completely remove walk up entry, a method of ticket selling that brings in hundreds of fans to games like this, because somebody in the boardroom cannot be bothered / doesn't have the knowledge to correctly implement a system to work it correctly?

We dealt with huge walk ups every week in the first 7 years at The Liberty when each match wasn't a sell out, why have we suddenly forgotten how to do it?

It's laziness on the boards part. Heads should roll. It's not a one off, this is the 3rd consecutive game.

From what I read the same problem was had at the Villerael game which was nearly a month ago. Again, heads should roll. They would in any other business.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ticketing tonight on 00:17 - Aug 27 with 1400 viewsSpratty

Ticketing tonight on 00:09 - Aug 27 by AngelRangelQS

School holidays, shit weather for a week, decent weather tonight, cheap tickets... Didn't take a genius to work out there'd be a sizeable walk up crowd.

Even regulars who did not want to cough an admin charge of £3 (which seemed worse in comparison with the low ticket price) when you could just go a bit earlier and pick a ticket up from the ticket office - obvious there would be a fair queue, but was astounding (not in a good way)
Ticketing tonight on 00:33 - Aug 27 with 1369 viewsskippyjack

Yeah but most of these fans are just 'walk ups'... some are probably not football mad.. I'll turn up at the ticket office 7:15..5 minutes to get a ticket.. in I go. Etc.. Most probably haven't decided till last minute..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ticketing tonight on 01:49 - Aug 27 with 1301 viewsscottishjack

I was stuck until late on whether I would make the match or not, covered the pub and got up there for about half 6. No issues for me and my lad, but we had a 10 minute wait in the queue. We didn't have any issues, but you could see a mile off that it was going to get busier as time went on.

What happened to the pods for games like this?
Ticketing tonight on 07:53 - Aug 27 with 1162 viewsbuilthjack

Lesson for cup games: Get a few pods set up with printed tickets ready. Cash only.
Get a pod in the city centre for a week before the game.
Not rocket science.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ticketing tonight on 12:17 - Aug 27 with 1021 viewsTreforys_Jack

There was a small queue of maybe a dozen people at 6.45, went for a pint in F&B, 45 mins later it was stretching back to the hospitality entrance.
Ticketing tonight on 13:46 - Aug 27 with 957 viewsSpokenword

Was Standing outside the Harvester at about 7:15, Me and my mate were laughing at the amount of people in the que.

The blame is with the people who didn't anticipate that there could be a big que just before kick off, and opted not to use a little bit of common sense and book online or maybe a few days earlier. Yes there is a booking fee of £3 quid, but I'd rather pay for that privilege than miss the first 20 mins of kick off, unfortunately sometimes common sense doesn't apply to many of our supporters.

Also the element of poor planning by the club. i.e. lack of booths, advertising (although it was clear for all to see on social media, granted not everyone has it). Club has always been poor imo for marketing or promoting things anyway,

I wasn't impressed with the scan method in the turnstiles, but wasn't any major problems, apart from the awkwardness of trying to scan the tickets which is similar to not being able to scan an item at a checkout in tesco
Ticketing tonight on 15:45 - Aug 27 with 885 viewsadamswan

Ticketing tonight on 13:46 - Aug 27 by Spokenword

Was Standing outside the Harvester at about 7:15, Me and my mate were laughing at the amount of people in the que.

The blame is with the people who didn't anticipate that there could be a big que just before kick off, and opted not to use a little bit of common sense and book online or maybe a few days earlier. Yes there is a booking fee of £3 quid, but I'd rather pay for that privilege than miss the first 20 mins of kick off, unfortunately sometimes common sense doesn't apply to many of our supporters.

Also the element of poor planning by the club. i.e. lack of booths, advertising (although it was clear for all to see on social media, granted not everyone has it). Club has always been poor imo for marketing or promoting things anyway,

I wasn't impressed with the scan method in the turnstiles, but wasn't any major problems, apart from the awkwardness of trying to scan the tickets which is similar to not being able to scan an item at a checkout in tesco

So if there was a huge queue at 7:15, we can assume that most of those people arrived before 7 oclock These people turned up the best part of an hour before kick off, not a case of turning up last minute. The lack of common sense in this instance is on the club, certainly not the fans. Amazed how people are clearing the club of all responsibility. The club should be looking to capitalise on getting as many fans into games like last night as possible, however they wish to buy their tickets. Capital one cup = walk up. You aren't going to get everyone buying their tickets days in advance, the club know that full well, and should have the business acumen and foresight as a premier league establishment to deal with that.
Ticketing tonight on 16:57 - Aug 27 with 811 viewsSpokenword

Ticketing tonight on 15:45 - Aug 27 by adamswan

So if there was a huge queue at 7:15, we can assume that most of those people arrived before 7 oclock These people turned up the best part of an hour before kick off, not a case of turning up last minute. The lack of common sense in this instance is on the club, certainly not the fans. Amazed how people are clearing the club of all responsibility. The club should be looking to capitalise on getting as many fans into games like last night as possible, however they wish to buy their tickets. Capital one cup = walk up. You aren't going to get everyone buying their tickets days in advance, the club know that full well, and should have the business acumen and foresight as a premier league establishment to deal with that.

there is some responability on the fans, i've had previous experience in being stuck in a queue but common sense now tells me that it's alot easier to book them. I booked them the day, went down at 6:45 and picked up my tickets. I'm sure many have an idea that they are going to the game hours before so why not book online, and collect them from the office/booth, reducing the amount of queue time?. I saw people joining that queue at 7:30 too.

I'm not saying that it's all the general public's fault, but they do have a habit of being a little bit thick.
Ticketing tonight on 17:11 - Aug 27 with 791 viewsjackharris

Ticketing tonight on 16:57 - Aug 27 by Spokenword

there is some responability on the fans, i've had previous experience in being stuck in a queue but common sense now tells me that it's alot easier to book them. I booked them the day, went down at 6:45 and picked up my tickets. I'm sure many have an idea that they are going to the game hours before so why not book online, and collect them from the office/booth, reducing the amount of queue time?. I saw people joining that queue at 7:30 too.

I'm not saying that it's all the general public's fault, but they do have a habit of being a little bit thick.

Do you know that you have really contradicted yourself in this post. From previous experiences you know to go early and collect your ticket using your common sense, however, we have some new fans who do exactly as you used to do and you call them thick. They haven't had a chance to experience how poorly our ticketing chiefs run the club, whilst they sip on their Pinot Grigio and eat their tuna sandwiches.

You and your friends juvenile laughter would have been on the other foot if your ticket hadn't scanned and you would have had to join that queue!

Ticketing tonight on 17:22 - Aug 27 with 773 viewslondonlisa2001

Isn't there a fairly simple answer to this and just remove the booking fee for the printing at home option.

I never understand what this is for anyway - particularly if there is only a £3 fee for sending out the tickets, why on earth would there be a £2.50 fee for printing at home other than it's just a rip off? It costs an awful lot more than the extra 50p for someone to print them off in the ticket office / ticketmaster, put an address on an envelope and send them through the post (the postage alone would cost more than the extra amount let alone the time involved).

Just make it free to print at home, everyone will then do it (or most will) and problem is largely solved. Printing out boarding passes etc is free at home so why not tickets? If there is still an admin fee from ticket master to the club for 'use of the system' then fine - the club should swallow it - it's better than a ticket office shambles which leads to people not going in the future. If that had happened last night and was well publicised, people could, even an hour before the match, buy a ticket and print it out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024