Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van Gaal 21:25 - Aug 26 with 5555 viewsskippyjack

F*cking Genius he is.. MK Dons are taking the piss

Keane
Evans
Vermijl
Janko
Anderson
Powell
James

And you've got fans moaning at our team

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Van Gaal on 23:51 - Aug 27 with 957 viewsLord_Bony

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Van Gaal on 23:53 - Aug 27 with 953 viewsDarran

Van Gaal on 23:51 - Aug 27 by Lord_Bony

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Van Gaal on 00:05 - Aug 28 with 921 viewslondonlisa2001

In all seriousness, and irrespective of whether he turns it around or not (and he probably will, simply because of the sheer amount of money they are throwing around) Van Gaal is not the most sporting of blokes is he?

No mention of us at all when we beat them, no mention of Sunderland at the weekend, and made the MK Dons manager wait to shake his hand because he was signing autographs (again - imagine it on here if we lost 4 mil at MK Dons and Monk stopped to sign autographs before shaking their manager's hand ) !

I know that it wasn't the best thing to come from one of our directors, but I can't help but remember the remarks made by JVZ when Van Gaal was appointed - easy 3 points to us first game up he said, to much criticism on here - wonder what it was about Van Gaal that led him to say such things when everyone else was anticipating a new golden era?
Van Gaal on 00:09 - Aug 28 with 911 viewsLiberty

Van Gaal on 14:49 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

Can you imagine the carnage on this board if we had the start to the season that Man Utd have had?

50 page threads on how crap we were and 100 page threads on why we should immediately sack Monk and the ineptitude of our board!!

Read the man utd matchday thread for yesterday, its one of the funniest things ever.

Starts off with who the f are MK dons, we will smash them 8-0.

A very slow and gradual meltdown, to ' we were better off with Moyes', no one in starting 11 should ever wear shirt again etc. Evans and Anderson are main scapegoats.

One poster says Anderson is fattest player ever, next advises him to google Akinfenwa.

I was at last nights Swans match b4 accusations start. Atmosphere flat and I thought should have put them to the sword, bit blunt in final 3rd.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Van Gaal on 00:15 - Aug 28 with 900 viewslondonlisa2001

Van Gaal on 00:09 - Aug 28 by Liberty

Read the man utd matchday thread for yesterday, its one of the funniest things ever.

Starts off with who the f are MK dons, we will smash them 8-0.

A very slow and gradual meltdown, to ' we were better off with Moyes', no one in starting 11 should ever wear shirt again etc. Evans and Anderson are main scapegoats.

One poster says Anderson is fattest player ever, next advises him to google Akinfenwa.

I was at last nights Swans match b4 accusations start. Atmosphere flat and I thought should have put them to the sword, bit blunt in final 3rd.

presumably be the same people on there that reckoned that they had an 'easy 9 points' to start the season !!

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch! I will laugh quite a lot if they miss out on top 4 again this season.
Van Gaal on 00:55 - Aug 28 with 874 viewsRuDeMan1970

Van Gaal on 00:05 - Aug 28 by londonlisa2001

In all seriousness, and irrespective of whether he turns it around or not (and he probably will, simply because of the sheer amount of money they are throwing around) Van Gaal is not the most sporting of blokes is he?

No mention of us at all when we beat them, no mention of Sunderland at the weekend, and made the MK Dons manager wait to shake his hand because he was signing autographs (again - imagine it on here if we lost 4 mil at MK Dons and Monk stopped to sign autographs before shaking their manager's hand ) !

I know that it wasn't the best thing to come from one of our directors, but I can't help but remember the remarks made by JVZ when Van Gaal was appointed - easy 3 points to us first game up he said, to much criticism on here - wonder what it was about Van Gaal that led him to say such things when everyone else was anticipating a new golden era?

Perfectly summed-up (again) Lisa. I just get the feeling that van Gaal is on one almighty feckin' ego trip, believing he's the Red Adare-type saviour of Yernited. After we went and beat them I was ridiculously p*ssed off - with BT for their shockingly biased punditry AND THEN van Gaal's total lack of acknowledgement of our deserved triumph. The man seems to lack all elements of class, dignity and humility. What a lovely human being he comes across as...
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 0:56]

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Van Gaal on 00:59 - Aug 28 with 864 viewsLiberty

Van Gaal on 00:15 - Aug 28 by londonlisa2001

presumably be the same people on there that reckoned that they had an 'easy 9 points' to start the season !!

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch! I will laugh quite a lot if they miss out on top 4 again this season.

I would be stunned if they make top 4, absolutely stunned.

New 352 does not suit their players, unless he does a big u turn on tactics, this will be a poor season again for them.

Man City will win title I reckon.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Van Gaal on 01:23 - Aug 28 with 847 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Van Gaal on 00:55 - Aug 28 by RuDeMan1970

Perfectly summed-up (again) Lisa. I just get the feeling that van Gaal is on one almighty feckin' ego trip, believing he's the Red Adare-type saviour of Yernited. After we went and beat them I was ridiculously p*ssed off - with BT for their shockingly biased punditry AND THEN van Gaal's total lack of acknowledgement of our deserved triumph. The man seems to lack all elements of class, dignity and humility. What a lovely human being he comes across as...
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 0:56]

Ego's are great. People with big ego's are usually the more successful people. Garry has a huge ego but he is doing very well for himself currently.

I don't see why people are having a go at his ego. It's his tactics that are what needs addressing.

I also fail to see how he lacks class, dignity and humility. Just because he doesn't praise the opposition it doesn't mean he lacks class. He doesn't need to brown nose people. He's at the top of the managerial mountain.

I hope they have another season outside the Champions League as that would mess up their financial world even more. Having sat in the home end of Old Trafford a couple of times I can assure you even their local supporters have a sense of arrogance about themselves.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Van Gaal on 01:29 - Aug 28 with 842 viewsSwansNZ

Van Gaal on 01:23 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Ego's are great. People with big ego's are usually the more successful people. Garry has a huge ego but he is doing very well for himself currently.

I don't see why people are having a go at his ego. It's his tactics that are what needs addressing.

I also fail to see how he lacks class, dignity and humility. Just because he doesn't praise the opposition it doesn't mean he lacks class. He doesn't need to brown nose people. He's at the top of the managerial mountain.

I hope they have another season outside the Champions League as that would mess up their financial world even more. Having sat in the home end of Old Trafford a couple of times I can assure you even their local supporters have a sense of arrogance about themselves.

It would be nice if he acknowledged that the opposition actually outplayed his team, but he is not the first do this.

He’s had a very poor start, and long may it continue.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Van Gaal on 01:29 - Aug 28 with 841 viewsDrizzy

Van Gaal on 01:23 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

In what world does Garry Monk have a huge ego? Over-confident at times? Certainly. I would never describe the way you have though.

It's not a lack of class, he's just the manager of a football club where arrogance and self-absorption are commonplace. Van Gaal's system has proven successful, Occam's razor suggests that it's simply an inferior quality of players that is leading to them being defeated by smaller teams who have ruthlessly capitalised on their weaknesses.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Van Gaal on 01:31 - Aug 28 with 839 viewsSwansNZ

Van Gaal on 01:29 - Aug 28 by Drizzy

In what world does Garry Monk have a huge ego? Over-confident at times? Certainly. I would never describe the way you have though.

It's not a lack of class, he's just the manager of a football club where arrogance and self-absorption are commonplace. Van Gaal's system has proven successful, Occam's razor suggests that it's simply an inferior quality of players that is leading to them being defeated by smaller teams who have ruthlessly capitalised on their weaknesses.

If only he had done his homework on the opposition, something Garry most certainly would have done

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Van Gaal on 01:42 - Aug 28 with 832 viewsSwan91

Van Gaal on 01:31 - Aug 28 by SwansNZ

If only he had done his homework on the opposition, something Garry most certainly would have done

I agree. Didn't look like he even knew who utd were playing that day. Almost felt like if he used that formation then man utd would win no matter who it was. Should've had a massive clear out this transfer window and should've got new players in pre season who fit his system.

He used to play 4-3-3 before he changed to 3-5-2 Imaybe he should use 4-3-3 until he knows he has players available who fit his system. But I don't really care, to busy thinking of the possibility of swansea winning their first 4 games this season in a row against west brom (yes I'm counting Rotherham as it is in a competition)
Van Gaal on 06:14 - Aug 28 with 789 viewsicecoldjack

Its not easy to judge how a person comes across when they are speaking in a foreign language.

It's a very British thing to think somebody from a different country is arrogant when they speak because of the limited choice of words they choose.

Not all the time of course but when you consider how our press turn and twist questions and words it's only fair people take this into co sideration IMO .

He may well be a horrible bloke but I know for a fact that when you try to converse with Dutch,German and scandinavian people, sometimes they sound curt when in fact it's just them using their own vocab and translating it to English directly which means a more limited and direct response due to a more common direct word choice,a lot of the time different languages have a more direct formation and is less descriptive and nuanced then English .

Just a different spin on it .
Van Gaal on 14:21 - Dec 14 with 580 viewsskippyjack

F*cking skilled lot.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Van Gaal on 14:25 - Dec 14 with 551 viewsMrSwan

Janko is a fantastic prospect love to see him at the liberty as strong as an ox

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024