Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Federico Fernandez 22:23 - Aug 26 with 10765 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A very concerning debut indeed.

He constantly dived in to his man everytime the player he was watching received the ball to feet, most often conceding a foul or being taken out of play with a simple 1 - 2.

Whenever he faced an aerial duel he lost most of those too, even when he did win them they went straight out for throws not much further than where he was standing.

I hope it's just a bit of rust but I dread to think what taller, stronger and more intelligent strikers will do to him because their big lump up front tonight gave him hell.

Bartley did okay by the way, as did Jazz and Dwight.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Federico Fernandez on 23:17 - Aug 26 with 1857 viewsskippyjack

Shock of the week.. good player has an average game in his first ever game.. with players he's unfamiliar with.. on a cold Tuesday night.. f*ck me I didn't even go. Fans are blind!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Federico Fernandez on 23:17 - Aug 26 with 1857 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Federico Fernandez on 23:12 - Aug 26 by Rancid

What happened at half time with Cyril and Sybil, Dwight?

They did the ice bucket challenge, Rancid. Also on the big screen were constant videos showing how goal-line technology worked.

Federico Fernandez on 23:21 - Aug 26 with 1824 viewsRancid

Federico Fernandez on 23:17 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They did the ice bucket challenge, Rancid. Also on the big screen were constant videos showing how goal-line technology worked.

Fair enough.
Federico Fernandez on 23:21 - Aug 26 with 1819 viewsMorganator100

Federico Fernandez on 23:17 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

that was on twitter

@SwansOfficial Cyril the swan to do the #IceBucketChallenge
Federico Fernandez on 23:22 - Aug 26 with 1790 viewsSpratty

Federico Fernandez on 22:41 - Aug 26 by Joe_bradshaw

he was neither as bad as the OP suggests nor as good as some of the others suggest.

Got to agree. I thought he might stand out more against the opposition but looked fairly ordinary much of the time. But finding his place in the team so not really a concern. Did make a good tackle across the box. Passing back a lot.

Some amazing tackles by Bartley (at least one a game saver) he suits this type of game and was working hard to impress.

Nice goal by Gomis. Glad Dyer seemed OK. Are we allowed to play him with a shirt with no numbers or will Rotherham be along to claim the game on a technicality

Overall positive cup game. Credit to their fans who were great and their team who worked really hard and put us under a lot of pressure and never gave up.

Ticket queue unbelievable. Good turnout though and reasonable atmosphere. Good move to review pricing.
Federico Fernandez on 23:23 - Aug 26 with 1776 viewsBanosswan

Why are people abusing Dwight when he's obviously in mourning about man utd's performance?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Federico Fernandez on 23:26 - Aug 26 with 1758 viewsskippyjack

It sounds like Bartley has finally pulled his head out of his ass.. thank God for that.. we might have a player

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Federico Fernandez on 23:27 - Aug 26 with 1752 viewsAndy1300

Federico Fernandez on 23:07 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I had an excellent view from my seat in the East Stand tonight,towards the centre circle in row R.

You should have introduced yourself, I was behind you in row x, shit atmosphere compared to my usual seat in asbo corner

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Federico Fernandez on 23:29 - Aug 26 with 1737 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Federico Fernandez on 23:27 - Aug 26 by Andy1300

You should have introduced yourself, I was behind you in row x, shit atmosphere compared to my usual seat in asbo corner

It was awful I agree.

I thought the Rotherham fans were outstanding though.

That's two games in a row where the opposition have been louder than us now, although from my seat in the South the away fans always sound significantly louder than the East due to the acoustics of the stadium.

Federico Fernandez on 23:29 - Aug 26 with 1737 viewsDarran

Federico Fernandez on 23:27 - Aug 26 by Andy1300

Learn the alphabet Andy like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Federico Fernandez on 23:34 - Aug 26 with 1706 viewsSwanseajill

Federico Fernandez on 23:04 - Aug 26 by Daggyjack

Don't bother "bringing it up another time", it will only be a load more nonsense from you that no one wants to read about.

Very good debut from Fernandez tonight.

I. agree with the majority on this thread, thought Fred had a solid intro in tonight's game.

Like Chico before him, his shirt pulling out of sight of the ref will need reigning in, but his class showed and he controled the defence so well.

Bartley was solid, and looks a fine athlete. On each occasion I see him play I'm convinced he's grown an inch each time. Best game I've seen from him, and I hope he will be a good player for us in the near future.

I enjoyed the game, and a chance to see some promising youngsters play, and playing...our way.
Pleased that jonJo looked as if he was on the correct wavelength tonight, a different player
than the one that turned up on Saturday altogether.
My only complaint is my eyes ache from the ads flashing, you can't see the game clearly from the West stand with the bright flashing lights over the snouth byline, and a night game has less appeal for me when the ...new Floodlights shine directly in your eyes. Not a comfortable experience.
I think a Swans pink peaked cap is going on the shopping list...if they are still available.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 23:50]
Federico Fernandez on 23:50 - Aug 26 with 1644 viewsSpratty

Federico Fernandez on 23:34 - Aug 26 by Swanseajill

I. agree with the majority on this thread, thought Fred had a solid intro in tonight's game.

Like Chico before him, his shirt pulling out of sight of the ref will need reigning in, but his class showed and he controled the defence so well.

Bartley was solid, and looks a fine athlete. On each occasion I see him play I'm convinced he's grown an inch each time. Best game I've seen from him, and I hope he will be a good player for us in the near future.

I enjoyed the game, and a chance to see some promising youngsters play, and playing...our way.
Pleased that jonJo looked as if he was on the correct wavelength tonight, a different player
than the one that turned up on Saturday altogether.
My only complaint is my eyes ache from the ads flashing, you can't see the game clearly from the West stand with the bright flashing lights over the snouth byline, and a night game has less appeal for me when the ...new Floodlights shine directly in your eyes. Not a comfortable experience.
I think a Swans pink peaked cap is going on the shopping list...if they are still available.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 23:50]

Noticed floods seemed a bit glaring.

Had thought it was just because I was in a different seat. Obviously not

Agree re JJ too, credit to him tonight really imposed himself on the game.
Federico Fernandez on 23:52 - Aug 26 with 1632 viewsNeathJack

Federico Fernandez on 23:11 - Aug 26 by NeathJack

Feel free to upload a picture of your ticket.

In your own time dyss.
Federico Fernandez on 23:54 - Aug 26 with 1620 viewsTNT

Federico Fernandez on 23:11 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wasn't, although a concerning amount of people seemed more concerned to confirm the score from MK Dons than they were watch the Swans game.

Why?

What was the outcome of that game Dwight?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Federico Fernandez on 23:57 - Aug 26 with 1606 viewsSwanseajill

Federico Fernandez on 23:50 - Aug 26 by Spratty

Noticed floods seemed a bit glaring.

Had thought it was just because I was in a different seat. Obviously not

Agree re JJ too, credit to him tonight really imposed himself on the game.

They have tilted them all over the shop.
Directed all through the seating area as well as the pitch, that doesn't, really doesn't seem right. Surely all the lights should be focused on the game rather than on the stands?

It could be, I'm a stick in the mud and like a dimmed seating area, with all the attention, and all the light on the action.
Federico Fernandez on 00:18 - Aug 27 with 1570 viewsTNT

Federico Fernandez on 22:34 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would question our complete lack of planning and preparation regarding their long throws and free kicks which we failed to clear first time on most occasions, but I feel that my original post is enough 'negativity' for some people tonight. I'll bring it up another time.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 22:36]

So, you were at the MK Dons game tonight Dwight?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Federico Fernandez on 00:21 - Aug 27 with 1560 viewsRancid

Federico Fernandez on 23:57 - Aug 26 by Swanseajill

They have tilted them all over the shop.
Directed all through the seating area as well as the pitch, that doesn't, really doesn't seem right. Surely all the lights should be focused on the game rather than on the stands?

It could be, I'm a stick in the mud and like a dimmed seating area, with all the attention, and all the light on the action.

Nah, you're right.The lights on the East Stand were all over the place.How they've become that way I don't know.Might have been the blind pigeon race held there in July.
Federico Fernandez on 00:33 - Aug 27 with 1533 viewsJethroJack

I would question our complete lack of planning and preparation regarding their long throws and free kicks which we failed to clear first time on most occasions, but I feel that my original post is enough 'negativity' for some people tonight. I'll bring it up another time.

Phuck off you boring WUM kunt.......and go pick the bones out of your 4-0 reversal tonight to a league 1 outfit
Federico Fernandez on 01:11 - Aug 27 with 1477 viewsblaine_scfc

Dwight
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 8:42]
Federico Fernandez on 08:52 - Aug 27 with 1291 viewsbluenile

Nah, save your breath.........................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Federico Fernandez on 09:00 - Aug 27 with 1270 viewsJackSomething

Federico Fernandez on 23:01 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Also to all the mindless sheep in this thread spouting the usual rubbish lines such as 'You're a poor WUM" and "Off form since your holiday" etc, even if I was a WUM, this thread has a very high number of views during the small amount of time it has been up and also has had numerous replies, so please refrain from calling me a poor WUM as if I was intending to wind people up and attract attention I would be doing an excellent job.

(Just to clarify, I'm not)

Adrian Durham posts an incredible amount of sh*t in his Mail Online column and attracts plenty of readers. It's part of the current click-wh*re mentality in online sports 'journalism'. Write something deliberately controversial and watch the views and comments roll in. Doesn't mean he's good at what he does, he just takes the easy road.

Sound familiar?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Federico Fernandez on 09:09 - Aug 27 with 1248 viewsDarran

Federico Fernandez on 09:00 - Aug 27 by JackSomething

Adrian Durham posts an incredible amount of sh*t in his Mail Online column and attracts plenty of readers. It's part of the current click-wh*re mentality in online sports 'journalism'. Write something deliberately controversial and watch the views and comments roll in. Doesn't mean he's good at what he does, he just takes the easy road.

Sound familiar?

Exactly the same as T2C.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Federico Fernandez on 09:24 - Aug 27 with 1198 viewsAl_Bundy

Thought Fernandez had a great game considering it was his debut also playing against Revell who was quite physical all night. We actually looked very impressive against the high ball .

Fernandez was quick to pass the ball out from the back and linked up well with Bartley who also had a good game. The only worry was they were both playing very square at times and Rotherham broke away a couple of times one on one when Bartley saved us with his last ditch tackles. Thought both Richards and Tiendalli also had decent games.

Fulton had a first half shocker and Sheeham looked very lightweight.
Federico Fernandez on 09:59 - Aug 27 with 1126 viewsCatullus

Federico Fernandez on 22:36 - Aug 26 by Treforys_Jack

He started slowly as you would expect, but got better as the game went on. Did get out muscled a few times by Revell however.

This, he improved as the game went on. As you would expect, it wasn't an easy debut against a hard working, bulky championship team.
Give him a chance to settle in. Maybe he wasn't so impressive, but he will be if he's given a chance.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Federico Fernandez on 10:02 - Aug 27 with 1123 viewsJackSomething

Federico Fernandez on 09:09 - Aug 27 by Darran

Exactly the same as T2C.

When he refrains from bashing the board and personal insults (which do go way over the top at times), instead sticking to the football, T2C talks a lot of sense. Very unlike Dwight.

It would be a shame if T2C is banned while the likes of Dwight are tolerated.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024