Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Federico Fernandez 22:23 - Aug 26 with 10694 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A very concerning debut indeed.

He constantly dived in to his man everytime the player he was watching received the ball to feet, most often conceding a foul or being taken out of play with a simple 1 - 2.

Whenever he faced an aerial duel he lost most of those too, even when he did win them they went straight out for throws not much further than where he was standing.

I hope it's just a bit of rust but I dread to think what taller, stronger and more intelligent strikers will do to him because their big lump up front tonight gave him hell.

Bartley did okay by the way, as did Jazz and Dwight.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Federico Fernandez on 22:38 - Aug 26 with 2012 viewsBravoJack

How do you feel about the people leaving on 85mins?
Federico Fernandez on 22:39 - Aug 26 with 2002 viewsjackforever

Thought a did ok for a debut. Bartley though was absolutely outstanding. A few of those tackles were top draw.
Federico Fernandez on 22:41 - Aug 26 with 1985 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Federico Fernandez on 22:37 - Aug 26 by shimmie

We can discuss how Gary Monk is doing as a manager if you'd welcome a change of subject?..

I think he's doing well currently. He got the balance right today between youngsters and first team players.

Our lack of preparation regarding their tactics was evident though.

I'd also like to add that Josh Sheehan was arguably the worst player on the pitch and I'm sure he'll be gone sooner rather than later.

I thought the Rotherham fans were outstanding. I also thought Gomis was very good.

Federico Fernandez on 22:41 - Aug 26 with 1976 viewsmonmouth

Aye, all those fouls must have been awful. We only committed six all night as a team and it was only 4 until the last 5 minutes. What a crap wum this poster has become. Time to retire the pretend identity for goodness sake. Start a new one. Stevie Nicol World Beater or something.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Federico Fernandez on 22:41 - Aug 26 with 1976 viewsJoe_bradshaw

he was neither as bad as the OP suggests nor as good as some of the others suggest.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Federico Fernandez on 22:42 - Aug 26 with 1963 viewsshandyjack

Federico Fernandez on 22:41 - Aug 26 by Joe_bradshaw

he was neither as bad as the OP suggests nor as good as some of the others suggest.

Agreed, bullied at times by their no9 but good on the ball and had a 6-7/10 performance

Poll: Expectation for the season

Federico Fernandez on 22:42 - Aug 26 with 1963 viewsshimmie

Federico Fernandez on 22:41 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think he's doing well currently. He got the balance right today between youngsters and first team players.

Our lack of preparation regarding their tactics was evident though.

I'd also like to add that Josh Sheehan was arguably the worst player on the pitch and I'm sure he'll be gone sooner rather than later.

I thought the Rotherham fans were outstanding. I also thought Gomis was very good.

Was it really? Due to our inability to deal with rotherhams tactics how many chances did they manage to create?
Federico Fernandez on 22:45 - Aug 26 with 1934 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Federico Fernandez on 22:42 - Aug 26 by shimmie

Was it really? Due to our inability to deal with rotherhams tactics how many chances did they manage to create?

As in clear cut shooting opportunities? Few. The times they did break through after Federico was lured into following their number 9, Bartley saved us with excellent last ditch tackles. They were one on one with Gerry a number of times but Bartley saved the day.

Their long throws often ended up bouncing around in the box and led to numerous goal mouth scrambles which could have gone anywhere.

Login to get fewer ads

Federico Fernandez on 22:45 - Aug 26 with 1925 viewsJackhero

DYSS you are a [insert any choice of obscenity here] of the highest order and for this alone you should now be banned.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Federico Fernandez on 22:56 - Aug 26 with 1834 viewsBillyChong

Federico Fernandez on 22:41 - Aug 26 by Joe_bradshaw

Spot on. Bartley had the better game of the two. Bit of game time and training will hopefully see Fernandez up to full speed.
Federico Fernandez on 22:57 - Aug 26 with 1832 viewsLeonisGod

Federico Fernandez on 22:39 - Aug 26 by jackforever

Thought a did ok for a debut. Bartley though was absolutely outstanding. A few of those tackles were top draw.

I'd have it the other way round. Federico looked like a real player - he made it look easy and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts alongside Ash on Saturday.
Federico Fernandez on 22:57 - Aug 26 with 1826 viewsairedale

I liked what I saw of him, as I made a point of closely watching him for about 10mins. Walking back after the game I commented to Wasser that he seemed to be invisible during the game. Hard to explain, but he just seemed to do the job without drawing attention to himself.

I like him.
Federico Fernandez on 23:01 - Aug 26 with 1780 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Also to all the mindless sheep in this thread spouting the usual rubbish lines such as 'You're a poor WUM" and "Off form since your holiday" etc, even if I was a WUM, this thread has a very high number of views during the small amount of time it has been up and also has had numerous replies, so please refrain from calling me a poor WUM as if I was intending to wind people up and attract attention I would be doing an excellent job.

(Just to clarify, I'm not)

Federico Fernandez on 23:03 - Aug 26 with 1760 viewsDrizzy

Federico Fernandez on 23:01 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Also to all the mindless sheep in this thread spouting the usual rubbish lines such as 'You're a poor WUM" and "Off form since your holiday" etc, even if I was a WUM, this thread has a very high number of views during the small amount of time it has been up and also has had numerous replies, so please refrain from calling me a poor WUM as if I was intending to wind people up and attract attention I would be doing an excellent job.

(Just to clarify, I'm not)

I don't think you're a WUM, Rhys. You're just a bit of tedious f*ckwit that's all.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Federico Fernandez on 23:04 - Aug 26 with 1754 viewsDaggyjack

Federico Fernandez on 22:34 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would question our complete lack of planning and preparation regarding their long throws and free kicks which we failed to clear first time on most occasions, but I feel that my original post is enough 'negativity' for some people tonight. I'll bring it up another time.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 22:36]

Don't bother "bringing it up another time", it will only be a load more nonsense from you that no one wants to read about.

Very good debut from Fernandez tonight.
Federico Fernandez on 23:05 - Aug 26 with 1618 viewsMorganator100

Federico Fernandez on 22:34 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would question our complete lack of planning and preparation regarding their long throws and free kicks which we failed to clear first time on most occasions, but I feel that my original post is enough 'negativity' for some people tonight. I'll bring it up another time.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 22:36]

Are you Iwan Roberts in disguise as he said on Radio Wales that the long throw was the only issue that was causing Swansea concern tonight.

Were you at the game tonight and saw his performance first hand?
I'd rather take the opinion of the guys who were there.
Federico Fernandez on 23:07 - Aug 26 with 1590 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Federico Fernandez on 23:05 - Aug 26 by Morganator100

Are you Iwan Roberts in disguise as he said on Radio Wales that the long throw was the only issue that was causing Swansea concern tonight.

Were you at the game tonight and saw his performance first hand?
I'd rather take the opinion of the guys who were there.

I had an excellent view from my seat in the East Stand tonight,towards the centre circle in row R.

Federico Fernandez on 23:09 - Aug 26 with 1566 viewsMorganator100

Federico Fernandez on 23:07 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I had an excellent view from my seat in the East Stand tonight,towards the centre circle in row R.

Were you listening to Radio Wales at your seat?
Federico Fernandez on 23:11 - Aug 26 with 1549 viewsNeathJack

Federico Fernandez on 23:07 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Feel free to upload a picture of your ticket.
Federico Fernandez on 23:11 - Aug 26 with 1545 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Federico Fernandez on 23:09 - Aug 26 by Morganator100

Were you listening to Radio Wales at your seat?

I wasn't, although a concerning amount of people seemed more concerned to confirm the score from MK Dons than they were watch the Swans game.

Federico Fernandez on 23:12 - Aug 26 with 1532 viewsRancid

Federico Fernandez on 23:11 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wasn't, although a concerning amount of people seemed more concerned to confirm the score from MK Dons than they were watch the Swans game.

What happened at half time with Cyril and Sybil, Dwight?
Federico Fernandez on 23:12 - Aug 26 with 1531 viewsLeonisGod

Federico Fernandez on 22:57 - Aug 26 by airedale

I liked what I saw of him, as I made a point of closely watching him for about 10mins. Walking back after the game I commented to Wasser that he seemed to be invisible during the game. Hard to explain, but he just seemed to do the job without drawing attention to himself.

I like him.

Yep. Just good solid CH play and simple distribution. Just what we (well me anyway) wants to see in a CH. He tidied up behind Bartley quite a few times, but read the game well enough so that it looked effortless. I think he'll be a superb addition alongside Ash.
Federico Fernandez on 23:13 - Aug 26 with 1527 viewsMorganator100

Federico Fernandez on 23:11 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Give a run down on every players performance tonight? See if people who went agree with you.
Federico Fernandez on 23:14 - Aug 26 with 1515 viewsAndy1300

Federico Fernandez on 22:26 - Aug 26 by swanseacityfan

Agee. Thought he was outstanding.

So did I

Number 1 team in Wales

Federico Fernandez on 23:15 - Aug 26 with 1502 viewsJonTheJack

People have definitely allowed their judgement of DYSS to cloud their opinions here.

I thought Federico had a confident debut and was cool on the ball which was good to see with nice passing.

DYSS is wholly correct in saying that he hardly won a header and will give plenty of free kicks away in the PL tangling himself around players like he did.

Maybe he was trying too hard, or just came up against a big lump who he's not quite used to playing against. He will get to partner Ash in time, but for me, Amat is looking the better start for us at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024