Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carroll 22:29 - Aug 26 with 7225 viewsswanseacityfan

Very impressed with Carroll tonight. He does remind of me Joe Allen. Think we got a good seal here.

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

Carroll on 14:49 - Aug 27 with 1079 viewsJack_Daniels

Carroll on 14:23 - Aug 27 by Swan91

I think we need 1 cm to make the simple passes and move it around the midfield (like Britton does) and then the other cm play more direct and risky passes. And yesterday Caroll played the nice simple passes. Shelvey did do those things but he gave the ball away quite often which led to attacks from Rotherham. If we play both Ki and Shelvey we would give the ball away too often because they both do those types of passes and so far Ki has looked better.

But if you think about it we are fine with Britton in cm even though he doesn't have much physical presence so it would be similar with Caroll playing. Wonder if we will bring a DM in soon. Is stamboulli(or whatever) a DM type player?

I agree Carroll can play the simple passes well and he would give a lot of energy in there.

Problem I think is winning the ball back & breaking up play which I dont think any of Ki, JJS or TC can claim to be their strength.

Leon isnt a physical presence but he has a wonderful knack of breaking up play that very few players of his stature can replicate.

I believe Stamboulii to be a DM but admit to little knowledge on his attributes. Jack Cork would be my preference
Carroll on 22:56 - Aug 27 with 928 viewsdameedna

Carroll on 14:49 - Aug 27 by Jack_Daniels

I agree Carroll can play the simple passes well and he would give a lot of energy in there.

Problem I think is winning the ball back & breaking up play which I dont think any of Ki, JJS or TC can claim to be their strength.

Leon isnt a physical presence but he has a wonderful knack of breaking up play that very few players of his stature can replicate.

I believe Stamboulii to be a DM but admit to little knowledge on his attributes. Jack Cork would be my preference

On breaking up play, I would say it is not JJS main strength but it was JJS winning a tackle on the edge of his area that lead an attack. I think it lead to a goal, can't remember. This attitude will be seen by other players and it will win us 50/50s, which is vital.

Not seen Carroll yet, so can't comment. I do not buy into the massive gap theory, so if he did well v Rotherham he can do well in the Prem. Leon is a hard ask though. If he does well I hope we can afford him/he wants to sign. The talisman of the New Modridge should be dropped asap. We have already had the New Keegan and look what happened to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024