Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Questions than Answers 23:54 - Aug 26 with 7355 views_

3 games played
Won 3 Drawn 0 Lost 0 For 4 Against 1

Pretty impressive stats, pretty impressive start.

But why doesn't it feel as good as it should?!

I don't want to start a negative thread here because the season is well and truly up and running and we've got a massive chance next Saturday of already stabbing through a big marker in the ground to be in this division next season - the main objective!!

Lots of positives tonight also; youngsters did themselves proud, Carroll looked classy, full backs solid and comfortable on the ball keeping possession, Jazz' best game in a Swans shirt in my opinion and a very classy acquisition in Fede MkII. Gomis also looks a solid buy and in fairness for a big lump has a real good touch and just seems to have that ability to drag the ball away from defenders and keep hold of the ball. In some ways it's a pity Bony is here at the same time as this boy would be our first and only starter - but that's one of those "nice" problems isn't it. Well I hope so.

I'm also happy with our wide men. Routs and Dyer are dyed in the wool Jacks by now and we know exactly what we're going to get; ok they won't always get everything right, but that's just the way it is, typically with a Swans player, but they're absolutely too class for us. Montero has come in and looks a live wire; he does seem to be the type of player that will do as much right as he will get wrong but when you think about our out and out chances tonight he was behind a big percentage of them.

I am a little worried however about the amount of zip and chances we create now. That to me, at this moment in time, is the clear difference between a Laudrup team and a Monk team. We need to create more "zip" in the middle of the park and get the ball in and around the box quicker feeding both our wingers a lot more than we are at the moment.

I am a little concerned with our middle of the park. I really don't want to see any more of Shelvey's Hollywood passes, at least not on such regularity. He needs to mix up his game a lot more and look for more zip, more one-twos and get a lot more energy about us in centre midfield. Ki can be fairly static too and to a lesser degree so is Siggy. I really thought Siggy would look a different class tonight for half hour but he just didn't.

I will look back at the best one half performance I've ever seen from the Swans and that was the absolute demolition of West Brom at home two seasons ago. We could do with having a little look at the style of play and tactics used in that game and look to employ that again, especially at home. We need more pace in the middle, we need more energy and as I keep saying "zip", something's not right with us in this department and if we don't get it right it could have a knock on effect for the next few months.

Onwards and Upwards.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

More Questions than Answers on 12:27 - Aug 27 with 834 viewsDarran

More Questions than Answers on 12:15 - Aug 27 by NeathJack

Balanced? I like to think so
Perfect? Certainly not
Able to see straight through someone with an agenda? Absolutely

As for football related, I'm delighted with the way the season has started, the gradual way our excellent young manager is bedding the new players in and the clear added steel and desire in the teams play.

The progress to date and taking into account the end of last season as well has been absolutely top drawer, especially as we've been missing the heartbeat of the side in Leon.

People being critical for us "lacking zip" etc when we've won all 3 games, conceeded one goal and just won a cup game after making 10 changes are, imho just criticising for critiscing sake.

How fluid do people realistically expect us to be at this stage of the season? Beggars belief.

Btw, the personal abuse you resorted to i.e. "bum pal" highlights the hypocrisy i mentioned in my previous post.

Grow up.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 12:18]

Great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

More Questions than Answers on 12:33 - Aug 27 with 823 viewsPegojack

More Questions than Answers on 12:20 - Aug 27 by _

I agree - I think we need to be

4 - 1 - 3 - 1 -1

------------Fab-------------
Rangel - Fede - Ash - Taylor
--- Leon(new signing)----
Dyer - Ki/JJS(new signing)- Routs
------------- Siggy ----------
---------Gomis/Bony--------

I tend to agree with your current squad best line up there, apart from a question mark over the new boy Fede. I didn't go to the match last night, so you have the advantage over me in having seen him play, but do you think he's a shoo-in, or does Amat deserve to keep his place for WBA? And how far away is Bartley from being in contention after apparently being our MOTM last night?
More Questions than Answers on 12:36 - Aug 27 with 802 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

More Questions than Answers on 11:52 - Aug 27 by waynekerr55

Conference South

I take it you haven't seen him close up much then Dwight

I attend a fair amount of U21 matches for various reasons so yes I've seen him up close plenty of times.

He doesn't stand out in those against vastly inferior opposition and he was absolutely woeful last night against a bottom end 2nd division team.

He may progress further as he ages but as it stands he'd struggle playing against a League 2 midfield each week and a few divisions below that is where I'd estimate he'd be comfortable.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

More Questions than Answers on 12:47 - Aug 27 with 782 viewswaynekerr55

More Questions than Answers on 12:36 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I attend a fair amount of U21 matches for various reasons so yes I've seen him up close plenty of times.

He doesn't stand out in those against vastly inferior opposition and he was absolutely woeful last night against a bottom end 2nd division team.

He may progress further as he ages but as it stands he'd struggle playing against a League 2 midfield each week and a few divisions below that is where I'd estimate he'd be comfortable.

I agree that he may not make the grade with us but I feel you're being slightly harsh. I wouldn't read too much into U21 games as they are as far away from real football as you can get. He needs competitive game time (say a 3/4 month loan period) in CCC or L1, then we can judge him.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

More Questions than Answers on 12:54 - Aug 27 with 751 viewsShaky

Well I have been traveling almost non-stop for the last month or so, and the only real football I have seen is most of the second half versus Burnley on a dodgy stream.

Judged on that performance alone I thought we were generally speaking shit, although obviously it was too small a sample to draw any inferences from.

The only player I was really impressed with was Fab, who put in a commanding performance and IMO undoubtedly saved our bacon on several occasions with key interceptions well towards the edge of the area.

However, I don't recall seeing him throw the ball out on a single occasion, and instead only saw long ball clearances. Can somebody please clarify whether that is the new approach?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

More Questions than Answers on 12:55 - Aug 27 with 756 viewsDarran

More Questions than Answers on 12:54 - Aug 27 by Shaky

Well I have been traveling almost non-stop for the last month or so, and the only real football I have seen is most of the second half versus Burnley on a dodgy stream.

Judged on that performance alone I thought we were generally speaking shit, although obviously it was too small a sample to draw any inferences from.

The only player I was really impressed with was Fab, who put in a commanding performance and IMO undoubtedly saved our bacon on several occasions with key interceptions well towards the edge of the area.

However, I don't recall seeing him throw the ball out on a single occasion, and instead only saw long ball clearances. Can somebody please clarify whether that is the new approach?

No it is not the new.

More Questions than Answers on 12:56 - Aug 27 with 753 views_

More Questions than Answers on 12:33 - Aug 27 by Pegojack

I tend to agree with your current squad best line up there, apart from a question mark over the new boy Fede. I didn't go to the match last night, so you have the advantage over me in having seen him play, but do you think he's a shoo-in, or does Amat deserve to keep his place for WBA? And how far away is Bartley from being in contention after apparently being our MOTM last night?

No I don't think he should start Saturday, Mike... but not on his footballing ability, at least not on last night's showing... I thought he looked very decent indeed.

I've tried to imagine him paired up with Ash and I think he'll be fine. I liked Chico's energy, awareness, determination and courage alongside Ash but he's gone now so there you go... Fede has an air of classyness about him, but also can mix it up a bit. Maybe a fusion between Alan Hansen and Ante. He read the game well and his distribution was wise in the main, although not every ball found its man, when does it. A very good debut and in the right sort of game for him as well I think.

But, for me, it would be very harsh to drop Amat on his performances so far and the clean sheet last week and probably wouldn't send out very good messages to the squad.

Re Bartley: He made some real show-stopping, crunching tackles and one of them he had to as the boy was clean through ready to pull the trigger. You could hear that tackle from the Railway with a local band playing. He made one or two more of these and when they come off they are real crowd pleasers and thats why he's getting the nods from last night. Just a wee concern for me though is they won't always come off and he shouldn't be going to ground so often.

He played well but he's still pure raw.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

More Questions than Answers on 12:58 - Aug 27 with 735 viewsShaky

More Questions than Answers on 12:55 - Aug 27 by Darran

No it is not the new.

Thanks. That's a relief.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

More Questions than Answers on 12:59 - Aug 27 with 743 views_

More Questions than Answers on 12:54 - Aug 27 by Shaky

Don't hear Teabag's bum pal Neath Jack hear you saying this...

It doesn't fit within his agenda of cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels. Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles...

Of course, you maybe right and maybe we could be discussing potential improvements.

Just a thought...

More Questions than Answers on 12:59 - Aug 27 with 742 views_

More Questions than Answers on 12:55 - Aug 27 by Darran

No it is not the new.

Sh 1 t post !!

More Questions than Answers on 13:04 - Aug 27 with 726 viewsDarran

More Questions than Answers on 12:58 - Aug 27 by Shaky

Thanks. That's a relief.

And last night we played from the back too,Monk was continually telling them to start again if a pass forward wasn't on.

This post has been edited by an administrator

More Questions than Answers on 13:07 - Aug 27 with 704 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

More Questions than Answers on 13:04 - Aug 27 by Darran

And last night we played from the back too,Monk was continually telling them to start again if a pass forward wasn't on.

We did, except when Sheehan received the ball and he more often than not hoofed it out for a goal kick which provoked angry responses from his team mates.

Shelvey continued this tactic when he came on but was slightly more successful with his long passes.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

More Questions than Answers on 13:10 - Aug 27 with 709 viewsbluenile

More Questions than Answers on 12:02 - Aug 27 by _

It's pretty hard trying to have a football conversation on here these days. And you're dead right about that Boro game. I was racking my brain last night trying to thin of some poor games in this cup that year as I knew there would be...

On the other hand, check out our Mod's input into this, a football related thread?

Check out his bum pal NeathJack?

Nothing to add really apart from following me around an internet site. Sad.

Nobody needs to follow you, you're here and in everybody's face...................and if you need to reply then don't call me 'mate' also, whichever way you intend it.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 13:12]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

More Questions than Answers on 13:19 - Aug 27 with 682 viewsDrizzy

More Questions than Answers on 12:20 - Aug 27 by _

I agree - I think we need to be

4 - 1 - 3 - 1 -1

------------Fab-------------
Rangel - Fede - Ash - Taylor
--- Leon(new signing)----
Dyer - Ki/JJS(new signing)- Routs
------------- Siggy ----------
---------Gomis/Bony--------

What the f*ck is a 4-1-3-1-1?

You absolute f*cking plum.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

More Questions than Answers on 13:20 - Aug 27 with 678 viewsDarran

More Questions than Answers on 13:19 - Aug 27 by Drizzy

He wants to play the Christmas tree diamond in midfield.

More Questions than Answers on 13:23 - Aug 27 with 670 viewsMattG

More Questions than Answers on 12:24 - Aug 27 by _

Cheers for bringing football back into the thread.

Which points are way off? Happy to hear...

I think it's the expectation level that is a bit off rather than any of the points themselves. Whilst everyone would like us to be playing with more zip and style, it's still very early in the season and I would hope that we will see a significant improvement by the end of September - if not, then questions will need to be asked.

On Gylfi, he's already shown the quality he brings against United and Burnley. Every player is entitled to an off-day and, if that's what he had yesterday, I'd rather it was against Rotherham in the COC than against WBA next Saturday.
More Questions than Answers on 13:31 - Aug 27 with 642 views_

More Questions than Answers on 13:04 - Aug 27 by Darran

translator..... please???????????

More Questions than Answers on 13:32 - Aug 27 with 634 views_

More Questions than Answers on 13:23 - Aug 27 by MattG

I think it's the expectation level that is a bit off rather than any of the points themselves. Whilst everyone would like us to be playing with more zip and style, it's still very early in the season and I would hope that we will see a significant improvement by the end of September - if not, then questions will need to be asked.

On Gylfi, he's already shown the quality he brings against United and Burnley. Every player is entitled to an off-day and, if that's what he had yesterday, I'd rather it was against Rotherham in the COC than against WBA next Saturday.

I really am not writing off Siggy... I love the bloke and totally agree with you.

I'm just surmising whether he's got the right players around him...

More Questions than Answers on 13:34 - Aug 27 with 624 views_

More Questions than Answers on 13:19 - Aug 27 by Drizzy

Take your time with it.... it will sink in, i promise you....

(BUt this is a Swans forum, anyway cn ut!!)

More Questions than Answers on 13:38 - Aug 27 with 611 viewsMattG

More Questions than Answers on 13:32 - Aug 27 by _

I really am not writing off Siggy... I love the bloke and totally agree with you.

I'm just surmising whether he's got the right players around him...

No, I didn't mean to infer that you were - I'm just not sure any shortcomings last night should take the gloss off what he's done in other games.

Leon coming back (or someone else coming in to fill that role) should give the whole midfield a boost but probably Gylfi more than anyone as (IMO) he tends to be less disciplined positionally.
More Questions than Answers on 14:09 - Aug 27 with 553 viewsperchrockjack

So that s cat now in His good books but neathie Darren and Hun
Male me in room 101.

Question has to be asked again who really gives a fook .

Monk has saved us from relegation aided by a magnificent board who actually care about the club .
Contrast that with internet professors of poison who really care only about their net status.

Last night we has a fan in no tuning in at 6am Amanda who had the audacity to feck off from wales. We really aren't worthy of people like that.

30 years of hard miles is the single most disgusting insult anyone could possibly come up with to describe following our clubs.

Phil.

Do the honourable and most apposite course of action and rid our site of this ..

Dickpervhpeniscocktranmerescousew@nker..

Open up the window let some air into this room

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

More Questions than Answers on 14:41 - Aug 27 with 523 viewsDavillin

More Questions than Answers on 14:09 - Aug 27 by perchrockjack

Male me in room 101.

Monk has saved us from relegation aided by a magnificent board who actually care about the club .
Contrast that with internet professors of poison who really care only about their net status.

Last night we has a fan in no tuning in at 6am Amanda who had the audacity to feck off from wales. We really aren't worthy of people like that.

30 years of hard miles is the single most disgusting insult anyone could possibly come up with to describe following our clubs.

Phil.

Do the honourable and most apposite course of action and rid our site of this ..

I'm guessing that you refer to "The Second Ejaculation."

I came to my computer this morning expecting -- and again, hoping -- that he'd have been banned permanently from this site. Then, reading through this thread, hoping to find a post to that effect, all I saw was more vile insults and irrational hatred from the same source, T2E, as usual.

Frost described him perfectly: "...With nothing to look backward to with pride, And nothing to look forward to with hope, So now and never any different."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

More Questions than Answers on 14:51 - Aug 27 with 507 viewsDarran

More Questions than Answers on 14:41 - Aug 27 by Davillin

I'm guessing that you refer to "The Second Ejaculation."

I came to my computer this morning expecting -- and again, hoping -- that he'd have been banned permanently from this site. Then, reading through this thread, hoping to find a post to that effect, all I saw was more vile insults and irrational hatred from the same source, T2E, as usual.

Frost described him perfectly: "...With nothing to look backward to with pride, And nothing to look forward to with hope, So now and never any different."

Who said......

Tis better the posts remain thou see the vile insideth the boy

Oh hang on I just did.

More Questions than Answers on 15:10 - Aug 27 with 486 viewsDavillin

More Questions than Answers on 14:51 - Aug 27 by Darran

Who said......

Tis better the posts remain thou see the vile insideth the boy

Oh hang on I just did.

There are some things better not seen. T2E's spew is at the top of the list on here.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

More Questions than Answers on 15:20 - Aug 27 with 461 viewsNeath_Jack

More Questions than Answers on 14:09 - Aug 27 by perchrockjack

Male me in room 101.

Phil.

Give over ffs. You ruin nearly every thread that T2C is in. If anyone deserves to be banned it's you, with your incessant nonsense. Take it to PM and save everyone the bother, or here's a thought, try discussing what he has actually written.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024