Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Questions than Answers 23:54 - Aug 26 with 7362 views_

3 games played
Won 3 Drawn 0 Lost 0 For 4 Against 1

Pretty impressive stats, pretty impressive start.

But why doesn't it feel as good as it should?!

I don't want to start a negative thread here because the season is well and truly up and running and we've got a massive chance next Saturday of already stabbing through a big marker in the ground to be in this division next season - the main objective!!

Lots of positives tonight also; youngsters did themselves proud, Carroll looked classy, full backs solid and comfortable on the ball keeping possession, Jazz' best game in a Swans shirt in my opinion and a very classy acquisition in Fede MkII. Gomis also looks a solid buy and in fairness for a big lump has a real good touch and just seems to have that ability to drag the ball away from defenders and keep hold of the ball. In some ways it's a pity Bony is here at the same time as this boy would be our first and only starter - but that's one of those "nice" problems isn't it. Well I hope so.

I'm also happy with our wide men. Routs and Dyer are dyed in the wool Jacks by now and we know exactly what we're going to get; ok they won't always get everything right, but that's just the way it is, typically with a Swans player, but they're absolutely too class for us. Montero has come in and looks a live wire; he does seem to be the type of player that will do as much right as he will get wrong but when you think about our out and out chances tonight he was behind a big percentage of them.

I am a little worried however about the amount of zip and chances we create now. That to me, at this moment in time, is the clear difference between a Laudrup team and a Monk team. We need to create more "zip" in the middle of the park and get the ball in and around the box quicker feeding both our wingers a lot more than we are at the moment.

I am a little concerned with our middle of the park. I really don't want to see any more of Shelvey's Hollywood passes, at least not on such regularity. He needs to mix up his game a lot more and look for more zip, more one-twos and get a lot more energy about us in centre midfield. Ki can be fairly static too and to a lesser degree so is Siggy. I really thought Siggy would look a different class tonight for half hour but he just didn't.

I will look back at the best one half performance I've ever seen from the Swans and that was the absolute demolition of West Brom at home two seasons ago. We could do with having a little look at the style of play and tactics used in that game and look to employ that again, especially at home. We need more pace in the middle, we need more energy and as I keep saying "zip", something's not right with us in this department and if we don't get it right it could have a knock on effect for the next few months.

Onwards and Upwards.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

More Questions than Answers on 23:55 - Aug 26 with 2608 viewsDarran

Another shit thread. 💤

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

More Questions than Answers on 23:58 - Aug 26 with 2580 viewsjackforever

When you say a laudrup team what exactly do you mean a pre capital one cup final laudrup tean or a post cup final team as the latter was certainly lacking zip!
More Questions than Answers on 23:58 - Aug 26 with 2578 viewsRancid

Dyer needs to take a leaf out of Montero's book and get to the byline.He's got the pace to do it but bottles it every time.We're not quite there yet although we're winning but winning ugly the last 2 games.Plenty of room for improvement but the season has hardly started yet so fingers crossed it'll come good.
More Questions than Answers on 00:05 - Aug 27 with 2515 viewsAngelRangelQS

At the moment I'm hoping that this is us getting into gear and picking up results even though we're not at our best, rather than us playing a bit ropily and getting away with it for the time being.

The side is definitely disjointed at the moment but I suppose that's to be expected given the changes to the squad - certainly on Saturday there were times when players looked on different pages but I'm sure all that will come.

That WBA game was incredible but there were many occasions under both Laudrup and Rodgers where we created very little and looked toothless going forward. I don't think it's anything much to worry about.

Personally I think that given the upheaval this summer, we're doing fantastically well.
More Questions than Answers on 00:08 - Aug 27 with 2492 viewsskippyjack

You see this saying Chrissy..

I don't say we are a defensive team. I say we are a strong team in defensive terms, but at the same time lacking sufficient fluidity in attack because that will take time to come..

1. It's the start of the season
2. We're improving game by game
3. We've won 3 out of 3
4. We have depth and desire
5. Plus quality in every area
6. You swear we've always played like West Brom first half
7. Get behind the team who are unbeaten.. winning 3 in a row is unheard of!
8. Fans are blind

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

More Questions than Answers on 00:10 - Aug 27 with 2485 viewsNeathJack

"I don't want to start a negative thread"

No, of course you don't.
More Questions than Answers on 00:10 - Aug 27 with 2480 viewsjackonicko

Apart from the pleonasm buried in the middle, that's a very good OP.

Agree with virtually all of that.
More Questions than Answers on 00:11 - Aug 27 with 2459 viewsRancid

''Pleonasm''

Phuck me, even Dav will have to Google that one.
Login to get fewer ads

More Questions than Answers on 00:13 - Aug 27 with 2429 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I can't agree with your reasoning regarding not creating much chances.

We created 2 goal scoring chances at Old Trafford (a difficult place to create a chance let alone score)

We created 3 chances against Burnley which were sitters along with numerous half chances.

Tonight we created little but what do you expect when you had the likes of Sheehan, whose natural football level judging by his performance is Conference South at best, in the centre of midfield.

While there is much to improve on I think we've started okay.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

More Questions than Answers on 00:14 - Aug 27 with 2436 viewsDarran

More Questions than Answers on 00:10 - Aug 27 by NeathJack

No, of course you don't.

Great post.

More Questions than Answers on 00:16 - Aug 27 with 2422 views_

More Questions than Answers on 00:10 - Aug 27 by NeathJack

No, of course you don't.

Why don't you fack off mate, eh... You and your chum Teabag?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

More Questions than Answers on 00:18 - Aug 27 with 2413 views_

More Questions than Answers on 00:11 - Aug 27 by Rancid

''Pleonasm''

That pleo whatever you call it is down to one or two many ciders old bean.... Zip, did I say zip?!? ;-)

More Questions than Answers on 00:19 - Aug 27 with 2409 viewsskippyjack

Oh plus Ki and Gylfi were very static at OT.. it's not as if they both scored.. and one added an assist.. Ki was very static in the first half against burnley wasn't he.. and Shelvey played two fantastic through balls to Routledge.. fans are blind.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

More Questions than Answers on 00:23 - Aug 27 with 2388 views_

More Questions than Answers on 00:05 - Aug 27 by AngelRangelQS

At the moment I'm hoping that this is us getting into gear and picking up results even though we're not at our best, rather than us playing a bit ropily and getting away with it for the time being.

The side is definitely disjointed at the moment but I suppose that's to be expected given the changes to the squad - certainly on Saturday there were times when players looked on different pages but I'm sure all that will come.

That WBA game was incredible but there were many occasions under both Laudrup and Rodgers where we created very little and looked toothless going forward. I don't think it's anything much to worry about.

Personally I think that given the upheaval this summer, we're doing fantastically well.

Look, I agree with you to a large extent, although I will say for sure we created a lot more chances under Laudrup than we did Rodgers, and I just get the feeling we're going back more to "steady Eddie" than building on from Laudrups more attacking prowess.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? ...well neither yet, it's just an observation.

More Questions than Answers on 00:23 - Aug 27 with 2388 viewsjacktar

More Questions than Answers on 23:58 - Aug 26 by Rancid

Dyer needs to take a leaf out of Montero's book and get to the byline.He's got the pace to do it but bottles it every time.We're not quite there yet although we're winning but winning ugly the last 2 games.Plenty of room for improvement but the season has hardly started yet so fingers crossed it'll come good.

I don't think he bottles it but cuts inside more as was the way under Laudrup. TBF he has had a fair amount of success with his goals in the last season or two by playing this way. Also he is not renowned for his crosses into the box, so maybe just leave those moves to Montero. We seem to have more options than ever though, so as you say I'm sure things will come good.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

More Questions than Answers on 00:24 - Aug 27 with 2375 viewsDavillin

More Questions than Answers on 00:11 - Aug 27 by Rancid

''Pleonasm''

How the hell did you know that?

[p.s. I never use Google, but I certainly did look it up in a dictionary, thank you.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

More Questions than Answers on 00:25 - Aug 27 with 2370 viewsRancid

More Questions than Answers on 00:18 - Aug 27 by _

That pleo whatever you call it is down to one or two many ciders old bean.... Zip, did I say zip?!? ;-)

Google says you've used more words than what's necessary, Chris.You bloody pleonasm you!!
More Questions than Answers on 00:29 - Aug 27 with 2344 viewsjackonicko

More Questions than Answers on 00:24 - Aug 27 by Davillin

How the hell did you know that?

[p.s. I never use Google, but I certainly did look it up in a dictionary, thank you.]

I got it from Warwick.
More Questions than Answers on 00:29 - Aug 27 with 2341 views_

The scum Darran chipping in with his modding contribution again here?

Why eh, Phil Sumbler?

I don't want to talk football with this tramp so here goes another thread down the same route as others.

You get the forum you deserve.

More Questions than Answers on 00:30 - Aug 27 with 2327 viewsDavillin

More Questions than Answers on 00:29 - Aug 27 by jackonicko

I got it from Warwick.

You couldn't ask for a better source, then.

More Questions than Answers on 00:32 - Aug 27 with 2325 views_

More Questions than Answers on 00:25 - Aug 27 by Rancid

Google says you've used more words than what's necessary, Chris.You bloody pleonasm you!!

Unlike the most pretentious prat on the planet, our resident septic, I went straight to Google.. ;-)

I don't think I'll use it again though on grounds of not being ever able to spell it!!

More Questions than Answers on 00:33 - Aug 27 with 2313 viewsDarran

More Questions than Answers on 00:29 - Aug 27 by _

The scum Darran chipping in with his modding contribution again here?

Why eh, Phil Sumbler?

I don't want to talk football with this tramp so here goes another thread down the same route as others.

You get the forum you deserve.

See ya.

More Questions than Answers on 00:40 - Aug 27 with 2260 viewsDavillin

More Questions than Answers on 00:32 - Aug 27 by _

Unlike the most pretentious prat on the planet, our resident septic, I went straight to Google.. ;-)

I don't think I'll use it again though on grounds of not being ever able to spell it!!

"Unlike the most pretentious prat on the planet, our resident septic, I went straight to Google.. ;-)," says our resident clown, with "...nothing to look backward to with pride, And nothing to look forward to with hope, So now and never any different."

More Questions than Answers on 00:43 - Aug 27 with 2256 viewsLeonisGod

More Questions than Answers on 00:13 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I can't agree with your reasoning regarding not creating much chances.

We created 2 goal scoring chances at Old Trafford (a difficult place to create a chance let alone score)

We created 3 chances against Burnley which were sitters along with numerous half chances.

Tonight we created little but what do you expect when you had the likes of Sheehan, whose natural football level judging by his performance is Conference South at best, in the centre of midfield.

While there is much to improve on I think we've started okay.

F*ck me. Has someone hacked Dwight's account?
More Questions than Answers on 02:48 - Aug 27 with 2116 viewsHighjack

We made ten changes, few debuts, numerous players first starts for the club and we comfortably eased past a Championship outfit who were going hell for leather. Don't see the problem myself.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024