Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Analysis vs Burnley 23:58 - Aug 26 with 528 viewsComeonyouSwans

Detailed tactical analysis as Swansea City continue their unbeaten run with a hard-fought 1-0 home win against Burnley.

http://www.comeonyouswans.com/2014/08/26/match-analysis-swansea-city-1-0-burnley

Let me know your thoughts...
Match Analysis vs Burnley on 00:43 - Aug 27 with 490 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Great stuff, especially for someone like me who's trying to become more knowledgeable about the tactical side of the game. As such, I was completely baffled by seeing such a variance in possession percentage from one half to the next. We slipped all the way from 65% in the first half to about 45% in the 2nd.

There were no halftime substitutions, and both sides were sticking with the same formations as far as I could tell, so I was completely stumped about why that happened. Appreciated your explanation of what Burnley did differently after halftime, putting extra numbers in the wide areas.

Will you being doing this for the Rotherham game?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Match Analysis vs Burnley on 00:45 - Aug 27 with 487 viewsTummer_from_Texas

You can see below a comparison of Swansea’s passing in both halves.

Looks like you left out a graph, though.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Match Analysis vs Burnley on 00:48 - Aug 27 with 478 viewsRancid

We've been a first half team for a couple of seasons now.Tonight again.
Match Analysis vs Burnley on 02:20 - Aug 27 with 418 viewsphact0rri

Match Analysis vs Burnley on 00:43 - Aug 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

Great stuff, especially for someone like me who's trying to become more knowledgeable about the tactical side of the game. As such, I was completely baffled by seeing such a variance in possession percentage from one half to the next. We slipped all the way from 65% in the first half to about 45% in the 2nd.

There were no halftime substitutions, and both sides were sticking with the same formations as far as I could tell, so I was completely stumped about why that happened. Appreciated your explanation of what Burnley did differently after halftime, putting extra numbers in the wide areas.

I'd also suggest looking into some of the manager video games, to help get an idea about tactics. Football manager educated me quite a lot about the sport. which speaks volumes IMHO about the educational and knowledge learning video games can give one.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Match Analysis vs Burnley on 11:12 - Aug 27 with 320 viewsComeonyouSwans

Match Analysis vs Burnley on 00:43 - Aug 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

Glad it helped, I'm still learning myself and doing this sort of thing helps me as well. I'd recommend tuning into Monday Night Football on Sky Sports if you can, Carragher and Neville do a great job with their analysis.

Both sides stayed with the same formation, but the tactics changed as Burnley did a far better job of closing us down, limiting the space and not allowing Routledge and Dyer the space to get forward.

Unfortunately I can only do it for League games (or those televised/available to re-watch in full online) as I watch the games back again to get the screenshots.

But I'll be doing it for the West Brom game this Saturday and all the other League games hopefully.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024