Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran 08:16 - Aug 27 with 1611 views1973scott

This was always going to be a tough test, but a good opportunity for GM to asses the squad, "GM made ten changes to the starting line-up that has beaten both Manchester United and Burnley, learned he’s got plenty in reserve"

A cracking result, from a very committed and enthusiastic Swansea side but Arsenal youngster Kyle Bartley who had an outstanding night to suggest that the Swans have plenty of depth in the squad.

Do you think we have a better squad in terms of both quality and depth, compared to previous seasons?

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 08:24 - Aug 27 with 1583 viewsperchrockjack

I refer you to previous posts regarding Monk and his inexperience or cluelessness and the sheer incompetency of our Board.
YEP, some serious internet noses out of joint

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 08:28 - Aug 27 with 1569 viewsSwansNZ

If you want to discuss the strength if this squad compared with previous ones, Starsky has a great thread running and I am sure he'd love your views on that one.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 09:01 - Aug 27 with 1463 viewshammy

GM must be nailed on for the PL Manager of the Month, if we beat the Baggies on Saturday ... although I guess the negotiations for the new players brought in are more to do with Hugh et al. GM will obviously have a say in the players he wants but not sure that he is the one chasing them down. He's got enough to do making sure that the squad is fit, tactically aware and mentally ready for matches.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 09:27 - Aug 27 with 1374 viewsStarsky

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 08:28 - Aug 27 by SwansNZ

If you want to discuss the strength if this squad compared with previous ones, Starsky has a great thread running and I am sure he'd love your views on that one.

Link?

It's just the internet, init.

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 10:08 - Aug 27 with 1265 viewsSwansNZ

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 09:27 - Aug 27 by Starsky

Link?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/118510/this-will-be-our-

Looks like it's going to be a 20 pager to me.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 10:11 - Aug 27 with 1259 viewsQuakerJack

Best squad we've had compared to previous seasons in the premier league.... we still need 1 more, maybe 2 but if we don't get them I won't be concerned.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 10:35 - Aug 27 with 1209 viewsepaul

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 10:08 - Aug 27 by SwansNZ

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/118510/this-will-be-our-

Looks like it's going to be a 20 pager to me.

You left off

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 10:41 - Aug 27 with 1183 viewsicecoldjack

Think it's a bit early to say if our signings are going to be great or not. Many said pozuelo was the new coutinho this time last year, by January he was classed as sht by the same people.

We have paid good money for gomis in wages,fredirico and montero in transfer fees, gylfi too ,so they should be good enough to improve us IMO .

Credit to the board for backing the manager because we arnt bring ing top players for peanuts we are paying the going rate .

A couple of hidden gems would be nice, maybe Carroll could be one of those.
Login to get fewer ads

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 12:37 - Aug 27 with 1074 viewssully49

I have to admit being a GM doubter, but once he was made manager I was right behind him. He has taken things a big step forward and we have a squad of players, the like of which will do us JB's proud. Once they click watch out PL. More goals please, Garry.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 12:55 - Aug 27 with 1013 viewsscottishjack

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 12:37 - Aug 27 by sully49

I have to admit being a GM doubter, but once he was made manager I was right behind him. He has taken things a big step forward and we have a squad of players, the like of which will do us JB's proud. Once they click watch out PL. More goals please, Garry.

Doubter?

I thought there was a nervous breakdown coming at one point...
GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 14:13 - Aug 27 with 910 viewssully49

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 12:55 - Aug 27 by scottishjack

Doubter?

I thought there was a nervous breakdown coming at one point...

Thank God for tabs, pacemaker and lots of your lager, not necessarily in that order.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 14:21 - Aug 27 with 898 viewsDavillin

Before I logged on, I was thinking about this, and comparing how very different we are from Man. Limited. Read some of Louis Von Gall's recent comments about needing four months to get things straight. Four months plus some astronomical amount of money. £179M so far, just in the summer, if I remember correctly.

As I have written before, it's a fundamental difference in team philosophy. They look for big names at big money; we look for good players who will fit into our way of playing. Thanks, Swansea City AFC, and everyone connected with it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 14:40 - Aug 27 with 861 viewsSwan91

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 14:21 - Aug 27 by Davillin

Before I logged on, I was thinking about this, and comparing how very different we are from Man. Limited. Read some of Louis Von Gall's recent comments about needing four months to get things straight. Four months plus some astronomical amount of money. £179M so far, just in the summer, if I remember correctly.

As I have written before, it's a fundamental difference in team philosophy. They look for big names at big money; we look for good players who will fit into our way of playing. Thanks, Swansea City AFC, and everyone connected with it.

Yeah true, also explains why most of the players don't do well when they move on from us. Seems like they are talented in that system and if we'd ever change style (I hope we don't) I'm not sure if the players we have would be able to adapt to it. It's easier to spend little money on a little known player and make him into a legend in the club than it is getting a well known player and getting him to fit our style.

In my personal opinion I feel that this is the best transfer window we have had! Bringing some great players in and probably all of them together for less than what man utd spent on Luke shaw

It's crazy thinking like that.
GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 14:44 - Aug 27 with 850 viewsJokeren1943

Not sure if it was GM or the board who bought the players.

If you consider the previous seasons the board seems to have more saying then might seem apperent.

When said, good players we bought.

And yes I know the spelling succk - but work killing me at the moment.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 14:45]
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:07 - Aug 27 with 650 views1973scott

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 14:40 - Aug 27 by Swan91

Yeah true, also explains why most of the players don't do well when they move on from us. Seems like they are talented in that system and if we'd ever change style (I hope we don't) I'm not sure if the players we have would be able to adapt to it. It's easier to spend little money on a little known player and make him into a legend in the club than it is getting a well known player and getting him to fit our style.

In my personal opinion I feel that this is the best transfer window we have had! Bringing some great players in and probably all of them together for less than what man utd spent on Luke shaw

It's crazy thinking like that.

GM: the rookie boss who has played the transfer market like a veteran on 20:41 - Aug 27 with 594 viewscontroversial_jack

It's early days yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024