Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Runner Beans. 16:03 - Aug 27 with 1056 viewslifelong

Great time of the year for them, when cooked smeared with proper butter and a sprinkle of pepper... Delightful.
Runner Beans. on 16:10 - Aug 27 with 720 viewssa3swan

Sounds like a terrible time to be a runner bean if you ask me...ka boom boom tishhh
Runner Beans. on 16:18 - Aug 27 with 713 viewsperchrockjack

Try Aldi. Cheap as chips.
Runner beans remind me of wet Sundays at my grandfathers back garden picking these weird vegetables

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Runner Beans. on 17:09 - Aug 27 with 678 viewsmax936

Nice with a freshly caught and cooked Bass Lifey, I've had a few lately only up to 3,1/2 but happy days, took my mate with me Friday and jammy git coped a 6lber how he didn't lose it is a bleeding mystery

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Runner Beans. on 17:33 - Aug 27 with 665 viewslifelong

Runner Beans. on 17:09 - Aug 27 by max936

Nice with a freshly caught and cooked Bass Lifey, I've had a few lately only up to 3,1/2 but happy days, took my mate with me Friday and jammy git coped a 6lber how he didn't lose it is a bleeding mystery

My neighbour's got quite a large allotment, I supply him with Mackerel and the occasional Bass and Lobster in exchange for some fresh veg. He gave me a large bag of runner beans this morning, beautiful.
Runner Beans. on 17:35 - Aug 27 with 664 viewsepaul

Mines are cooking as we speak, I loves them and have them at least twice a week, got some new pots and bit of haddock with a butter pesto sauce....starving!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Runner Beans. on 18:34 - Aug 27 with 643 viewsmax936

Runner Beans. on 17:33 - Aug 27 by lifelong

My neighbour's got quite a large allotment, I supply him with Mackerel and the occasional Bass and Lobster in exchange for some fresh veg. He gave me a large bag of runner beans this morning, beautiful.

He's onto a good thing Rog, then again you don't catch that many

Runner Beans. on 19:31 - Aug 27 with 630 viewslifelong

Runner Beans. on 18:34 - Aug 27 by max936

He's onto a good thing Rog, then again you don't catch that many

Bitch.
Runner Beans. on 20:05 - Aug 27 with 610 viewsmax936

Runner Beans. on 19:31 - Aug 27 by lifelong

Bitch.

I had 11 last week mostly small stuff, but a few 3lbers, these soft lures are somin else honestly and that's using them in the neath estuary twice and down Mumbles which was a complete shock, me and the mrs just went down for a quick walk and a few drinks in the Pilot on Sunday had the rod in the van and lures so took them and stopped off casting here and there only playing at it really trying different retrieves, but had 3, unbelieveable stuff, can't wait to try my old marks with them, just hope we don't get to much rain and it doesn't get to cold, they could be a biggy or two just waiting.

Login to get fewer ads

Runner Beans. on 20:12 - Aug 27 with 608 viewslifelong

Runner Beans. on 20:05 - Aug 27 by max936

I had 11 last week mostly small stuff, but a few 3lbers, these soft lures are somin else honestly and that's using them in the neath estuary twice and down Mumbles which was a complete shock, me and the mrs just went down for a quick walk and a few drinks in the Pilot on Sunday had the rod in the van and lures so took them and stopped off casting here and there only playing at it really trying different retrieves, but had 3, unbelieveable stuff, can't wait to try my old marks with them, just hope we don't get to much rain and it doesn't get to cold, they could be a biggy or two just waiting.

Good weather forecast for next week, can't see me doing much.

I'm going to get me a few of those lures and hopefully give them a try later in the month.
Runner Beans. on 20:24 - Aug 27 with 601 viewsmax936

Runner Beans. on 20:12 - Aug 27 by lifelong

I'm going to get me a few of those lures and hopefully give them a try later in the month.

Got a few new ones now delivered today

Runner Beans. on 23:06 - Aug 27 with 556 viewsSwanseajill

Runner Beans. on 20:12 - Aug 27 by lifelong

Well if you only catch tiddlers Lifey, and have no catch to swop. I ve a glut of kidney beans youre. welcome to.
I'm slowly turning into one being as I've eaten so many this year.

I tried to freeze them last season, and threw loads away due to them tasting like a day old dogs dinner.
You can't beat newly picked.
Runner Beans. on 23:15 - Aug 27 with 550 viewslifelong

Runner Beans. on 23:06 - Aug 27 by Swanseajill

Well if you only catch tiddlers Lifey, and have no catch to swop. I ve a glut of kidney beans youre. welcome to.

I tried to freeze them last season, and threw loads away due to them tasting like a day old dogs dinner.

That's very kind of you SJ but we've got quite a few, as you say fresh is best.

I leave the tiddler catching to Max, those small ones he catches I use as bait.
Runner Beans. on 09:49 - Aug 28 with 516 viewsswanny

Runner Beans. on 23:06 - Aug 27 by Swanseajill

Did you blanch them before freezing? The always come out fine for me..

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Runner Beans. on 09:59 - Aug 28 with 513 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

I stopped growing Runners cos I'm the only bugger who eats them in our house....

The kids call them diamond beansns but aren't that keen

This year I grew Dwarf and French climbers down the allotment and have a freezer full for the winter....

Swanny is right though Lorr...most green veg freezes better if you blanch them first...
Runner Beans. on 10:02 - Aug 28 with 509 viewsperchrockjack

Kidney beans ?Worse still.
That reminds me of been locked in the greenhouse on a bible black slate grey Swansea Sunday

Runner Beans. on 10:10 - Aug 28 with 503 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Kidney beans/runners.....same horse.

English look at me daft when I refer to runners as kidney beans ....I think it's a Welsh term, though entirely correct of course, just that we eat The seed pods and young seeds rather than the mature crop we use in chili con carne....
Runner Beans. on 10:13 - Aug 28 with 499 viewsperchrockjack

Yes Mick.
One day ,surreal and warped humor/humour will find a place .

I m growing rhubarb even though I tried to kill it off ,mainly because it was unsightly. Anyway, throwing a bottle of Cuquenas at it didn't help but we had played badly that day-Cardiff game like.

Anyway, off to Aldi soon as I have my column to write for discerning shoppers.

Peace in the Valley.

Runner Beans. on 10:15 - Aug 28 with 498 viewsBaker

Why do older people get so excited over runner beans?

There's an old fella in his 70's that grows them goes round our street handing them out to anyone who will take them.

If you politely refuse them, he goes all psycho on you as if you are dissing his beans.

The cranky old twát!

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Runner Beans. on 10:21 - Aug 28 with 492 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Runner Beans. on 10:15 - Aug 28 by Baker

There's an old fella in his 70's that grows them goes round our street handing them out to anyone who will take them.

If you politely refuse them, he goes all psycho on you as if you are dissing his beans.

The cranky old twát!

Goes back to the war and post war rationing....

People had eff all so homegrown was prized and a gift....

Not denying he's mad as a sh#thouse rat like, but probably is having a "youth of today!" Type moment....
Runner Beans. on 10:23 - Aug 28 with 488 viewsperchrockjack

Killer beans are ok and for a kid they re interesting to watch growing.

I fail to understand giant pumpkin and marrows being a centre of a love in.

have a feeling Jill will take no further part in this thread

Runner Beans. on 16:41 - Aug 28 with 455 viewsSwanseajill

Runner Beans. on 09:49 - Aug 28 by swanny

Did you blanch them before freezing? The always come out fine for me..

I've been told that by a few Swanny. I reckon that's where I went wrong.
Just call me jolly green giant, I've ate so many this year.
Runner Beans. on 16:51 - Aug 28 with 448 viewsSwanseajill

Runner Beans. on 10:15 - Aug 28 by Baker

The cranky old twát!

Growing beans and blackberrying is an art.
Yesterday a young man 20 ish, his dog was chasing around my setter, he couldn't put him on a lead as his arms were taken up with dishes of blackberrys he had been picking. He said he needed to get to work and get out and pick them early, so it isn't only old people that grow beans and forage.

Each to his own.
Runner Beans. on 18:37 - Aug 28 with 429 viewsswanny

Just bring them up to the boil, then rinse them in cold water, drain and freeze.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Runner Beans. on 20:11 - Aug 28 with 407 viewsSwanseajill

Runner Beans. on 18:37 - Aug 28 by swanny

Just bring them up to the boil, then rinse them in cold water, drain and freeze.

do you need to dry them before freezing.
Runner Beans. on 21:09 - Aug 28 with 395 viewsswanny

Runner Beans. on 20:11 - Aug 28 by Swanseajill

do you need to dry them before freezing.

Just leave them drain and cool off......then they should be quite dry

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024