Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday he should be ours 19:25 - Aug 27 with 6373 viewsOldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-expected-swansea-c

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Friday he should be ours on 19:37 - Aug 27 with 5083 viewsorion3016

My expectations from barrow are very low so on that basis he should be better than Vasquez & schechter
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 19:37]

Be over there now after

Friday he should be ours on 19:37 - Aug 27 with 5076 viewsSCB1985

Wasn't Ostersunds FK once are feeder team ? Do we still have some sort of affiliation with them. If so we should snap him up cheaper. I suppose there will be a few add on clauses in the deal

Poll: whats more important to you

Friday he should be ours on 19:42 - Aug 27 with 5011 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope he's not another Donnelly.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Friday he should be ours on 19:46 - Aug 27 with 4961 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Someone posted that they read he was costing £2m and thought we were paying too much for him but that article stats "While £1.5m has been quoted as the fee, it is actually believed the Swans may have agreed to pay less than that to secure Barrow." Could be closer to £1m then, he could well turn out to be worth the gamble.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Friday he should be ours on 19:46 - Aug 27 with 4959 viewsDarran

If he's a Gambian Swede is that like a Brussels Sprout?

I'll get my coat.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Friday he should be ours on 20:41 - Aug 27 with 4596 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Friday he should be ours on 19:46 - Aug 27 by Darran

If he's a Gambian Swede is that like a Brussels Sprout?

I'll get my coat.

Aye. Don't forget your hat either

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Friday he should be ours on 20:53 - Aug 27 with 4491 viewshammy

Friday he should be ours on 19:42 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Or a Zaha ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Friday he should be ours on 20:59 - Aug 27 with 4435 viewscaerleon_jack

Friday he should be ours on 19:42 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why? He's a cheap punt, just like Donnelly was. If he doesn't make it, he doesn't make it. It's not as if we are gambling our future on him becoming a first team player. For christ sake, grow the f*ck up and if you want to carry on claiming to be a fan of this club, stop being such a kn*b. Until then you just appear to be the worst WUM since the Sheriff.

Insert something witty here

Login to get fewer ads

Friday he should be ours on 21:11 - Aug 27 with 4309 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Friday he should be ours on 20:59 - Aug 27 by caerleon_jack

Why? He's a cheap punt, just like Donnelly was. If he doesn't make it, he doesn't make it. It's not as if we are gambling our future on him becoming a first team player. For christ sake, grow the f*ck up and if you want to carry on claiming to be a fan of this club, stop being such a kn*b. Until then you just appear to be the worst WUM since the Sheriff.

Cheap punt?

Let's say he costs £1,500,000.

Let's also say he's on £10,000 a week and gets a 4 year deal. That's just over £2,000,000

Combined that's over £3,500,000 on a 'cheap punt'.

While it's not in the same league as a Bony type transfer it's certainly not a cheap punt. This isn't League 1.

Friday he should be ours on 21:15 - Aug 27 with 4276 viewsNeathJack

Friday he should be ours on 21:11 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Cheap punt?

Let's also say he's on £10,000 a week and gets a 4 year deal. That's just over £2,000,000

While it's not in the same league as a Bony type transfer it's certainly not a cheap punt. This isn't League 1.

At this level it is the very definition of a cheap punt.
Friday he should be ours on 22:29 - Aug 27 with 3969 viewscaerleon_jack

Friday he should be ours on 21:15 - Aug 27 by NeathJack

At this level it is the very definition of a cheap punt.

Aye, I'm not sure what point he was trying to make there, because all he did manage to do was prove my point.

Insert something witty here

Friday he should be ours on 22:35 - Aug 27 with 3915 viewscyril

His older brother was a German swede I'm sure his name was veale barrow, use to work on building sites before he made it big in vootball

I'll shut the door behind me!!

The devil is in the detail

Friday he should be ours on 22:37 - Aug 27 with 3893 viewsStarsky

Friday he should be ours on 19:37 - Aug 27 by orion3016

My expectations from barrow are very low so on that basis he should be better than Vasquez & schechter
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 19:37]

It's signings like this are what Swansea City have been about these last 10 years

It's just the internet, init.

Friday he should be ours on 22:54 - Aug 27 with 3759 viewsjackonicko

Friday he should be ours on 21:11 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Cheap punt?

Let's say it was 750k and £2,000 pw. Does that now sound like a cheap punt?

I plucked my numbers from the same place you did.
Friday he should be ours on 22:56 - Aug 27 with 3735 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Friday he should be ours on 22:54 - Aug 27 by jackonicko

Let's say it was 750k and £2,000 pw. Does that now sound like a cheap punt?

I plucked my numbers from the same place you did.

Well I plucked my transfer fee from the media and the wages as a low-end estimate.

Considering the likes of Tate and Donnelly are on astonishing amounts it wouldn't surprise me if this young man is offered the same wedge.

Friday he should be ours on 23:03 - Aug 27 with 3675 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Friday he should be ours on 22:35 - Aug 27 by cyril

His older brother was a German swede I'm sure his name was veale barrow, use to work on building sites before he made it big in vootball

I'll shut the door behind me!!

Best close the window as well

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Friday he should be ours on 23:03 - Aug 27 with 3675 viewsskippyjack

Friday he should be ours on 22:56 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well I plucked my transfer fee from the media and the wages as a low-end estimate.

Considering the likes of Tate and Donnelly are on astonishing amounts it wouldn't surprise me if this young man is offered the same wedge.

700k upfront.. 1 million more if he's a success..low wages.. worth a punt.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Friday he should be ours on 23:11 - Aug 27 with 3630 viewsjackonicko

Friday he should be ours on 22:56 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The media today are reporting that the fee is likely lower than £1.5m. Click the link in the Op to this very thread.

And there is no way he is on 10k, let alone it being a "low estimate". You are being blinded by what the top earners make.

Take Ben Davies. When he replaced Taylor, it was well reported that he was on £200 per week. He began to establish himself as first choice left back, so we gave him a new contract, which was £2,000 per week. £2,000 per week for an emerging first team player at a club in its second season in the Premier League.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/9814271/Swansea-Cit

Using that as a guide, we are not now paying 5x that for a Sweden second tier player who is going to start life in the reserves. Let alone that being a low estimate!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 23:12]
Friday he should be ours on 23:55 - Aug 27 with 3507 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Friday he should be ours on 23:11 - Aug 27 by jackonicko

The media today are reporting that the fee is likely lower than £1.5m. Click the link in the Op to this very thread.

And there is no way he is on 10k, let alone it being a "low estimate". You are being blinded by what the top earners make.

Take Ben Davies. When he replaced Taylor, it was well reported that he was on £200 per week. He began to establish himself as first choice left back, so we gave him a new contract, which was £2,000 per week. £2,000 per week for an emerging first team player at a club in its second season in the Premier League.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/9814271/Swansea-Cit

Using that as a guide, we are not now paying 5x that for a Sweden second tier player who is going to start life in the reserves. Let alone that being a low estimate!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 23:12]

If you think Ben was on a basic £2,000 a week contract after he resigned then you're deluded.

Friday he should be ours on 23:57 - Aug 27 with 3499 viewsjackonicko

Friday he should be ours on 23:55 - Aug 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If you think Ben was on a basic £2,000 a week contract after he resigned then you're deluded.

Click the link I provided.
Friday he should be ours on 00:13 - Aug 28 with 3448 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Friday he should be ours on 23:57 - Aug 27 by jackonicko

Click the link I provided.

I can't see where it states he's on £2,000 a week.

I can see a comment that he had a zero added to his weekly wage but I refuse to believe that a first team, first eleven member of a midtable Premier League squad would accept £2,000 a week. I'd be willing to bet everything I have he is on more than £2,000 a week.

I'm sure even my biggest 'haters' here will think he's on considerably more.

Friday he should be ours on 00:21 - Aug 28 with 3428 viewslondonlisa2001

Friday he should be ours on 00:13 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I can see a comment that he had a zero added to his weekly wage but I refuse to believe that a first team, first eleven member of a midtable Premier League squad would accept £2,000 a week. I'd be willing to bet everything I have he is on more than £2,000 a week.

Ben's wage was apparently massively boosted by things like appearance fees etc (I read he got £5k per appearance).

I would be pretty surprised if some youngster from sweden is on much more than that. Don't believe a lot of the hype around money. A lot of the fringe players will be on a lot less than people imagine but they get huge bonuses if they get in the 1st team squad, bench, team etc. We get fooled by nonsense like the cars they drive - do you know that those cars are virtually given to them for nothing in order to make other young people (young men really) aspire to them. I remember seeing somewhere that our reserve teamers get given these Mercs etc for literally a couple of hundred quid a month.
Friday he should be ours on 00:22 - Aug 28 with 3428 viewsjackonicko

Friday he should be ours on 00:13 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So the media is a good source for your £1.5m transfer fee, except when the media say it might be less. Then you ignore it.

Similarly, the media is then not a good source for wages because it doesn't suit your argument either.

As others have suggested, you need to reinvent a new user name now, because this is like shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to dismantling your wind ups.

I'll take your £10 bet though. There were plenty of other stories confirming much the same as that telegraph article at the time of the new contract. I even remember him confirming it pretty much in a post match interview, which is why I went hunting for the article.

Remember he then signed a further new contract 12 months later. He was on much more than £2k when he went to Spurs. But your 10k estimate for our new guy is rubbish, I reckon.
Friday he should be ours on 00:44 - Aug 28 with 3379 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Friday he should be ours on 00:22 - Aug 28 by jackonicko

So the media is a good source for your £1.5m transfer fee, except when the media say it might be less. Then you ignore it.

Similarly, the media is then not a good source for wages because it doesn't suit your argument either.

As others have suggested, you need to reinvent a new user name now, because this is like shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to dismantling your wind ups.

I'll take your £10 bet though. There were plenty of other stories confirming much the same as that telegraph article at the time of the new contract. I even remember him confirming it pretty much in a post match interview, which is why I went hunting for the article.

Remember he then signed a further new contract 12 months later. He was on much more than £2k when he went to Spurs. But your 10k estimate for our new guy is rubbish, I reckon.

Why do I need a new username? Is that what you do, create a new user name so people don't remember the nonsense you post? Maybe if I was 8 years old I would consider it, but alas, I am a fully mature young adult and those sort of petty actions are beneath me.

Friday he should be ours on 01:05 - Aug 28 with 3360 viewsjackonicko

Friday he should be ours on 00:44 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why do I need a new username? Is that what you do, create a new user name so people don't remember the nonsense you post? Maybe if I was 8 years old I would consider it, but alas, I am a fully mature young adult and those sort of petty actions are beneath me.

Dodge. Weave. Deflect.

3/10. Must try harder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024