Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signings 00:02 - Aug 28 with 1890 viewschessgenius

Having seen the Swans after three games in the Premier League my assessment of the new signings is:

Bafitemi Gomis - Has the strength to hold the ball up well and lay it off and can also score good goals. Yet to be proven as a goalscorer of headed goals though but excited to see how he progresses through the season.

Tom Carroll - A creative player which the side badly needs and has a promising future in the game. He can be a bit lightweightt in midfield though so a lot is relying on Jonjo Shelvey as the creative player in midfield. (This was one area where Pablo Hernandez was very good but inconsistency in passing and losing posession in dangerous areas let him down) .

Jefferson Montero - Has pace to burn but in the World Cup against top full backs he seemed too easy to knock off the ball. Promising though.

Gylfi Sigurdsson - All we could have hoped for if he plays behind the striker. As Michu seemed to lose interest at the start of 2014 Gylfi is an excellent replacement and will score a good few goals (especially away from home) ghosting into the box unmarked.

Ki Sung Yung - Definately improved over the last twelve months and is an excellent defensive midfielder.

Federico Fernandez - Seemed to cope well against Rotherham but unsure how he would cope against Premier League strikers. Kyle Bartley had a superb game against Rotherham though and with Jordi Amat we seem to be well blessed with support for Ash.

Lucas Fabianski - Brilliant performances so far. I have not seen such a good goalkeeper in dealing with crosses for a long time.

All in all a promising start though but there are concerns.

Bony is yet to get off the mark (he seems to be going through a bad patch at the moment).

Midfield is the key especially creatively so a lot is riding on Jonjo and Tom Carroll's ability to stand up to scrutiny in the Premier League.

What does everyone think?
New signings on 00:11 - Aug 28 with 1859 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Can you tell me the result of the third game, please?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

New signings on 07:43 - Aug 28 with 1666 viewschessgenius

Man Utd 1 Swansea City 2

Swansea City 1 Burnley 0

Swansea City 1 Rotherham Utd 0
New signings on 08:07 - Aug 28 with 1590 viewsbudegan

Good post mate. Doubt few could argue with that assessment.
New signings on 08:14 - Aug 28 with 1568 viewsSwansNZ

Bony is not going through a bad patch
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 8:15]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

New signings on 09:07 - Aug 28 with 1430 viewsMartyrman57

He is indeed, until 11pm next Monday
New signings on 09:12 - Aug 28 with 1416 viewsSwansNZ

New signings on 09:07 - Aug 28 by Martyrman57

He is indeed, until 11pm next Monday

Yeah, sorry, he is crap - looks like we'll be stuck with him

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

New signings on 09:24 - Aug 28 with 1378 viewshammy

Yes, good assessment on the whole.

However,I think Bony has been playing really well. Although he hasn't scored yet his hold up and touch play has been excellent. It is only a matter of time before he starts knocking them in again !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

New signings on 11:43 - Aug 28 with 1185 viewsMusical_Swan

New signings on 09:24 - Aug 28 by hammy

Yes, good assessment on the whole.

However,I think Bony has been playing really well. Although he hasn't scored yet his hold up and touch play has been excellent. It is only a matter of time before he starts knocking them in again !

You got a down arrow for that why!? Some people!

I actually think Bony is playing his best football for us right now. Just needs a goal and I think the floodgates will open!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024