Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Season Start 01:45 - Aug 28 with 691 viewsSwan91

What was the best season start for swansea in the past 10 years?

With a cup game and possibly the first 3 league games won (hopefully on Saturday) this would be a great start for us, especially because getting 3 league wins in a row is tough in the PL. I'm curious what people think swanseas best start has been in the past 10 years, or even their best run of games.
Best Season Start on 03:14 - Aug 28 with 660 viewsSwansNZ

IF we can win on Saturday, this would Shirley have to be the best start. We have only once won 3 consecutive games in a PL season, so to do this in the first 3 games it would be a big achievement.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Best Season Start on 04:02 - Aug 28 with 643 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The last 10 years includes Swansea City playing in four different levels of competition, correct? If so, I'm guessing we had to get off to plenty of great starts to get from the bottom to the top.

Someday, I've got to put together a complete, simplified diagram or chart or something of this incredible journey.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 4:07]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Best Season Start on 04:25 - Aug 28 with 623 viewshooplehead

Best Season Start on 04:02 - Aug 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

The last 10 years includes Swansea City playing in four different levels of competition, correct? If so, I'm guessing we had to get off to plenty of great starts to get from the bottom to the top.

Someday, I've got to put together a complete, simplified diagram or chart or something of this incredible journey.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 4:07]

i find this site useful

use the drop down to change the seasons

this is 2004/5 in league 2

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/swansea-city/2004-2005/results
Best Season Start on 04:27 - Aug 28 with 621 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I see we picked up 6 points in the first 2 games in 2012, with two complete asskickings (8-0 aggregate score).

That's a better start even than this one. Especially after Man U just got beat by the Vienna Boys Choir by 4 goals.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 4:43]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Best Season Start on 04:29 - Aug 28 with 620 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Best Season Start on 04:25 - Aug 28 by hooplehead

i find this site useful

use the drop down to change the seasons

this is 2004/5 in league 2

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/swansea-city/2004-2005/results

Seriously, THANKS!!!!

Best Season Start on 04:49 - Aug 28 with 606 viewshooplehead

Best Season Start on 04:27 - Aug 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

I see we picked up 6 points in the first 2 games in 2012, with two complete asskickings (8-0 aggregate score).

That's a better start even than this one. Especially after Man U just got beat by the Vienna Boys Choir by 4 goals.

unfortunately in the next game against sunderland chico got a red card and taylor broke his leg
debut sub was ben davies

still manged a draw
Best Season Start on 05:32 - Aug 28 with 590 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Best Season Start on 04:49 - Aug 28 by hooplehead

unfortunately in the next game against sunderland chico got a red card and taylor broke his leg
debut sub was ben davies

still manged a draw

These Swans against those Swans, who is favored?

Best Season Start on 13:49 - Aug 28 with 422 viewsSwan91

Best Season Start on 04:49 - Aug 28 by hooplehead

debut sub was ben davies

still manged a draw

So pretty much depends on our result on Saturday then.
Login to get fewer ads

Best Season Start on 15:35 - Aug 28 with 365 viewsslate_dk

Best Season Start on 04:27 - Aug 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yes we only won 2-1... Monk out!!!
Best Season Start on 15:52 - Aug 28 with 343 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Best Season Start on 15:35 - Aug 28 by slate_dk

Yes we only won 2-1... Monk out!!!

Hey, I was the moron who joined this board two weekends ago to ask everyone if that was one of the biggest wins in Swansea City history.

I would like a do-over on that please.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 15:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024