Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only in America 07:19 - Aug 28 with 4964 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28948946

9 years old, FFS, what is it with these Americans?

Sorry if a Les
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 7:21]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Only in America on 08:55 - Aug 28 with 2348 viewsepaul

America the land of the free and all that shoite, yay own a gun, let a 9 year old fire a sub machine gun. F*ck em deserve all they get. Biggest terrorists in the world

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Only in America on 08:57 - Aug 28 with 2345 viewsllangyfelach

There's a strange sort of irony to this story

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Only in America on 09:07 - Aug 28 with 2329 viewsWarwickHunt

Only in America on 08:57 - Aug 28 by llangyfelach

There's a strange sort of irony to this story

My first reaction was to laugh. Does that make me a bad person?
Only in America on 09:12 - Aug 28 with 2319 viewslifelong

Very sad story, in so many ways.
Only in America on 09:17 - Aug 28 with 2304 viewsllangyfelach

Only in America on 09:07 - Aug 28 by WarwickHunt

My first reaction was to laugh. Does that make me a bad person?

Not at all, mate. I had a similar reaction. Felt awkward about it, but I was the same

Only in America on 09:23 - Aug 28 with 2297 viewsperchrockjack

Yet we spawned pre pubescent kids who take a toddler basically to shove him on to a railway line to chop his head off.
Both these now at freedom.

We ve also nurtured Welshmen who try to rape a baby and have 1400 kids abused in a sizeable town with nothing at all being done about it.

Biggest terrorists in the world yet we have family that marry Americans by the score and its a place millions of us go for holidays and few dislike it .

Russia? now correct me if Im wrong but really is it that attractive,its people so great and its freedom that large.

With respect Paul,yourview is not one I share

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Only in America on 09:46 - Aug 28 with 2272 viewsdickythorpe

If someone had told you to guess what country this had happened in , I'd wager everyone would have got it right.

Americans have a "hard on" for guns. Foolish parents and a not to be fooled with culture of guns.
Only in America on 10:06 - Aug 28 with 2260 viewsBatterseajack

so being better than Russia makes it ok?
Login to get fewer ads

Only in America on 10:10 - Aug 28 with 2252 viewsperchrockjack

Who suggested that?

Its just the fact America get crap for all the world s ills yet countries that have butchered and have a horrendous human rights record basically get away with any stick at all.

Why do so many of us visit America if its so bad

Simple question

Only in America on 10:13 - Aug 28 with 2248 viewsSwansNZ

Only in America on 10:10 - Aug 28 by perchrockjack

Who suggested that?

Its just the fact America get crap for all the world s ills yet countries that have butchered and have a horrendous human rights record basically get away with any stick at all.

Why do so many of us visit America if its so bad

Simple question

I've never said America is bad, but it's attitude to guns is stupid - oh, it's in the constitution , to give a Uzi to a 9 year old?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Only in America on 10:20 - Aug 28 with 2237 viewsperchrockjack

Could agree more wit last post but what I objected to was the inference the whole country is bad and its people rotten terrorists. Read it
Clearly ludicrous.

United States should have by now learned that the days of Wild Bill Hickock and the Alamo are in history s annals and the fact the West was won by the gun was a long time ago.
No American administration has had the guts and the sense to restrict gun sales and to scrap the Amendment to bear arms. Its their living tumour and its literally killig their people.

SAD but it doesn't make the country a terrorist stringhold.

We have no reason to get all precious over this as our history is full of shame and our society is pretty much warped too .For a start ,we have allowed back on to our streets killers who then kill again.

Only in America on 12:07 - Aug 28 with 2195 viewsjackb

it's all based on a misspelling of course. The day the constitution was drawn up was a hot, sultry day and they just wanted to specify that it was Ok to roll your sleeves up. It should have been "the right to bare arms". That's how important spelling is!
Only in America on 12:40 - Aug 28 with 2159 viewsShaky

Only in America on 10:20 - Aug 28 by perchrockjack

Could agree more wit last post but what I objected to was the inference the whole country is bad and its people rotten terrorists. Read it
Clearly ludicrous.

United States should have by now learned that the days of Wild Bill Hickock and the Alamo are in history s annals and the fact the West was won by the gun was a long time ago.
No American administration has had the guts and the sense to restrict gun sales and to scrap the Amendment to bear arms. Its their living tumour and its literally killig their people.

SAD but it doesn't make the country a terrorist stringhold.

We have no reason to get all precious over this as our history is full of shame and our society is pretty much warped too .For a start ,we have allowed back on to our streets killers who then kill again.

I am not really interested in commenting on the emotional appeals you make, but the substance of your post is completely wrong.

Any administration's power to do anything material about the issue of gun control is absurdly limited, due to the claimed authority vested in the second amendment, which requires first of all a 2/3rds majority in both houses of congress and secondly the ratification of 3/4qtrs of the individual states to overturn.

However, the real problem is the recently increasingly far right leanings of the supreme court, which as you clearly don't understand is charged with interpreting constitutional law.

Here is a little bit of real history for you:

". . . .the Second Amendment states:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

For a couple of centuries, you might be surprised to learn, the Supreme Court didn’t say exactly what the Second Amendment means. As far as Stevens can tell, “federal judges uniformly understood that the right protected by the text was limited in two ways: first, it applied only to keeping and bearing arms for military purposes, and second, while it limited the power of the federal government, it did not impose any limit whatsoever on the power of states or local governments to regulate the ownership or use of firearms.”

He recalls a colorful remark on the topic by the late Warren Burger, who served as chief justice from 1969 to 1986. Responding to the NRA’s lobbying campaign opposing gun control laws in the name of Second Amendment rights, Burger, a lifelong conservative, remarked during a television interview in 1991 that the amendment “has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud–I repeat, fraud–on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime.”"

Full story: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-02-20/gun-control-and-the-constitution

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Only in America on 12:53 - Aug 28 with 2141 viewsStarsky

Only in America on 09:23 - Aug 28 by perchrockjack

Yet we spawned pre pubescent kids who take a toddler basically to shove him on to a railway line to chop his head off.
Both these now at freedom.

We ve also nurtured Welshmen who try to rape a baby and have 1400 kids abused in a sizeable town with nothing at all being done about it.

Biggest terrorists in the world yet we have family that marry Americans by the score and its a place millions of us go for holidays and few dislike it .

Russia? now correct me if Im wrong but really is it that attractive,its people so great and its freedom that large.

With respect Paul,yourview is not one I share

Well said Richie. I'm in the same boat.

It's just the internet, init.

Only in America on 13:07 - Aug 28 with 2116 viewsStarsky

Only in America on 08:55 - Aug 28 by epaul

America the land of the free and all that shoite, yay own a gun, let a 9 year old fire a sub machine gun. F*ck em deserve all they get. Biggest terrorists in the world

If somebody had generalised about the Asians like you just did with the Americans, you would have been screaming "racist" at them!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 14:06]

Only in America on 13:16 - Aug 28 with 2102 viewsDarran

Only in America on 13:07 - Aug 28 by Starsky

If somebody had generalised about the Asians like you just did with the Americans, you would have been screaming "racist" at them!

I agree I know lots of wonderful Americans.
The generalisation is quite simply wrong.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Only in America on 13:30 - Aug 28 with 2085 viewsApeShit

Only in America on 13:07 - Aug 28 by Starsky

American isn't a race.
Only in America on 14:01 - Aug 28 with 2069 viewsStarsky

Only in America on 13:30 - Aug 28 by ApeShit

American isn't a race.

Does it matter?

Only in America on 14:04 - Aug 28 with 2062 viewsDarran

Only in America on 13:30 - Aug 28 by ApeShit

American isn't a race.

That's a silly reply SUK.

Only in America on 14:20 - Aug 28 with 2027 viewsperchrockjack

w

Only in America on 14:24 - Aug 28 with 2020 viewsLohengrin

I've been travelling back and forth to The US, mainly the Mid and Deep South for the last thirty years and I've yet to see a gun, aside from on a policeman's belt, or a religious fanatic. Perhaps I haven't been looking hard enough?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Only in America on 14:27 - Aug 28 with 2013 viewsperchrockjack

What with starsky and I in the same boat I feel I could row from Fishguard to Cape Cod.

Im getting on a bit now but why America is so hated and Russia so loved (apparently) is beyond me.
Most of our modern culture, music, arts is linked with America. Biggest contemporary icons too, many places we eat drink American owned and I d suggest you d go there for a holiday rather than North Korea .

Kids and families are welcomed there in the millions and are treated well by friendly well mannered people.

To read the shuite about them ALL being terrorists is simply manic.

And yeah I got extended family there and they re lovely .

LOOK AT OURSLEVES FIRST AS AN ISLAND before hammering them.

We have people allowed on the street stating its good to kill people who they see as infidels ,that's you PAUL as your atheist. THEY COULD KILL YOU just for being who you are.

Only in America on 14:28 - Aug 28 with 2008 viewsDarran

Only in America on 14:24 - Aug 28 by Lohengrin

I've been travelling back and forth to The US, mainly the Mid and Deep South for the last thirty years and I've yet to see a gun, aside from on a policeman's belt, or a religious fanatic. Perhaps I haven't been looking hard enough?

Fair point that.

Only in America on 14:34 - Aug 28 with 2000 viewsperchrockjack

I stopped one when I was there as a kinda test. HE WAS JUST FINE although he did say it was strange to approach an officer there. Either that or I was strange.
Difference to me is you don't feck around with them and that s how policing should be.

Only in America on 14:36 - Aug 28 with 1995 viewsllangyfelach

Only in America on 14:24 - Aug 28 by Lohengrin

Oh aye, mush????!!!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024