Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this Plastic Nonsense 10:35 - Aug 28 with 3891 viewsjacksinceever

I know it's been an in-joke on this forum in its' various guises for several years, but honestly why people think that just because you don't attend every game or haven't watched them since the year dot makes you plastic is beyond me.
Anyone that supports the Swans, whether it's home and away every game, following them all over Europe, or just manage to take in a few games every season, is worthy of being called a supporter of Swans. We are all needed and you support the club in your heart as well as by your physical presence at matches.
Before I get lambasted I know much of it is in jest and have exchanged much banter on the subject myself.
Just please remember there is no qualifying measurement to be a Swans supporter - e.g attending the Reading match at Wembley, being at the Hull game, being at the Leeds 5-1 game, seeing us beat Spurs 3-1 in the League Cup. These are all just great markers in our history, which we can all enjoy looking back on, whether we were there or not
All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:40 - Aug 28 with 2272 viewsJackfath

More important things to worry about surely.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:51 - Aug 28 with 2233 viewsjacksinceever

All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:40 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

More important things to worry about surely.

Indeed there are but every time there's a ticket issue (as in I was there for Rotherham so I should have a ticket for Everton) it rears it's ugly head.
All supporters should realise that in any line of business ST holders, Loyalty Cub Members, whatever get first dibs. It has always been so.
All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:52 - Aug 28 with 2225 viewsJackfath

All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:51 - Aug 28 by jacksinceever

Indeed there are but every time there's a ticket issue (as in I was there for Rotherham so I should have a ticket for Everton) it rears it's ugly head.
All supporters should realise that in any line of business ST holders, Loyalty Cub Members, whatever get first dibs. It has always been so.

Right.

So what's your point?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:54 - Aug 28 with 2210 viewsSpratty

All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:52 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

Right.

So what's your point?

I imagine the one made in the OP
All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:57 - Aug 28 with 2196 viewsjacksinceever

All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:52 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

Right.

So what's your point?

Without going round in circles on this - even before the draw was made clowns like like Dwight were calling us that failed to attend on Tuesday plastics and saying we weren't entitled to our guaranteed ticket.
Where were they (as is the non-ST holders) when I and many others committed our money to the club before we were guaranteed Premier League football
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 10:58]
All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:59 - Aug 28 with 2182 viewsJackfath

I didn't go the other night.

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:00 - Aug 28 with 2181 viewsDarran

All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:59 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

I didn't go the other night.

Plastic.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:01 - Aug 28 with 2172 viewsJackfath

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:00 - Aug 28 by Darran

Plastic.

Yep.

The opposition weren't a big pull for me and I thought I'd let those who don't get to see the big teams have a turn.

Login to get fewer ads

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:02 - Aug 28 with 2170 viewsDarran

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:01 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

Yep.

The opposition weren't a big pull for me and I thought I'd let those who don't get to see the big teams have a turn.

That's fine by me we have bigger plastics than you.

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:05 - Aug 28 with 2155 viewsscottishjack

All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:57 - Aug 28 by jacksinceever

Without going round in circles on this - even before the draw was made clowns like like Dwight were calling us that failed to attend on Tuesday plastics and saying we weren't entitled to our guaranteed ticket.
Where were they (as is the non-ST holders) when I and many others committed our money to the club before we were guaranteed Premier League football

It's a tricky one, and I agree with the sentiment, I really do. Went to the Rotherham game and I am also a season ticket holder. I agree with you that ST holders have to be looked after, but I applaud the ticket prices for the Rotherham match, and it was also great to see so many youngsters there...

No easy answer, in an ideal world, we could accommodate everyone for the Everton match. Who knows, it might not even sell out?

As for the term "Plastic", I wouldn't worry too much about it, it gets chucked around a fair bit when these situations arise.
All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:41 - Aug 28 with 2054 viewspencoedjack

All this Plastic Nonsense on 10:57 - Aug 28 by jacksinceever

I didn't go Tuesday night only the 3rd home game I missed in 6 years

I have done 60 + away grounds following the Swans.

I am petty sure DYSS (& others like him) wouldn't be brave enough to call me a plastic other than from behind a keyboard.

& tbh I couldn't give a fuk what they think.
All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:46 - Aug 28 with 2046 viewsMusical_Swan

I've only been to the one game so far this season, but it was against Rotherham. Does that make me plastic or not? I'm confused!????

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:59 - Aug 28 with 2021 viewsjacksinceever

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:46 - Aug 28 by Musical_Swan

I've only been to the one game so far this season, but it was against Rotherham. Does that make me plastic or not? I'm confused!????

I may not attend the Everton game as I have been lucky enough to see them (Everton) six times at the Vetch/Liberty before. Confused as to whether I'll be plastic, opportunist or just fortunate and kind enough to give someone else a chance to watch them.
Just to be clear I do mean I may not want to see Swans play Everton W/C 22nd September, 2014 - not never watch my beloved Swans ever again
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 12:07]
All this Plastic Nonsense on 12:03 - Aug 28 with 2009 viewsDarran

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:59 - Aug 28 by jacksinceever

I may not attend the Everton game as I have been lucky enough to see them (Everton) six times at the Vetch/Liberty before. Confused as to whether I'll be plastic, opportunist or just fortunate and kind enough to give someone else a chance to watch them.
Just to be clear I do mean I may not want to see Swans play Everton W/C 22nd September, 2014 - not never watch my beloved Swans ever again
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 12:07]

I assume you've see Swansea playing more than six times at the Vetch/Liberty before so just stop going altogether.

#plastic

All this Plastic Nonsense on 12:09 - Aug 28 with 1991 viewsjacksinceever

All this Plastic Nonsense on 12:03 - Aug 28 by Darran

I assume you've see Swansea playing more than six times at the Vetch/Liberty before so just stop going altogether.

#plastic

Please see edited post
All this Plastic Nonsense on 12:10 - Aug 28 with 1989 viewsskippyjack

I'm plastic as f*ck.. (Oxford away 0-0 at 90 minutes..3-0 full time.. Alsop..Britton was shit.. ball boy chasing ball nickers.. Kassam Stadium..)..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

All this Plastic Nonsense on 12:52 - Aug 28 with 1888 viewsGowerjack

I attended all the "historic" games mentioned in the OP.
Does that make me more of a fan than someone who started watching us only at the Liberty?

No of course not.

The only thing that stuck in my craw was the mass of Laudrup followers who jumped on board then started to proclaim themselves experts on the clubs history and current team....

Where are they now?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

All this Plastic Nonsense on 12:55 - Aug 28 with 1860 viewsJoe_bradshaw

All this Plastic Nonsense on 12:52 - Aug 28 by Gowerjack

I attended all the "historic" games mentioned in the OP.
Does that make me more of a fan than someone who started watching us only at the Liberty?

No of course not.

The only thing that stuck in my craw was the mass of Laudrup followers who jumped on board then started to proclaim themselves experts on the clubs history and current team....

Where are they now?

Quatar I imagine.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:12 - Aug 28 with 1816 viewsCTB184

Does it make you a "plastic" fan if you have only come across Swansea in the past few years? For example, I would not have known about Swansea and their style of attractive football if I had not seen them on TV in the Premiership. I've only been following Swansea for a couple of years yet I would say I'm a big fan of the club. I live over 2 hours away from Swansea and have only ever been to see 3 of their matches (work/time contraints have restricted me from seeing more than I'd like) which were Crystal Palace, Reading and Burnley this year.

I may not know much about Swansea's history other than what I've read on the internet and the like but I try to look at Swansea news daily to follow them. I hope I wouldn't be considered a "plastic" fan because I've only been following them a few years, rather than my entire life. I've also never lived in Swansea. There any many clubs who play great football, but I like Swansea's play and the philosophy of the club, hence why I follow them. Just to note, I love football and have played it all my life but have never actually found a club who I liked enough to support until I saw Swansea play.

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:13 - Aug 28 with 1806 viewsJackfath

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:12 - Aug 28 by CTB184

Does it make you a "plastic" fan if you have only come across Swansea in the past few years? For example, I would not have known about Swansea and their style of attractive football if I had not seen them on TV in the Premiership. I've only been following Swansea for a couple of years yet I would say I'm a big fan of the club. I live over 2 hours away from Swansea and have only ever been to see 3 of their matches (work/time contraints have restricted me from seeing more than I'd like) which were Crystal Palace, Reading and Burnley this year.

I may not know much about Swansea's history other than what I've read on the internet and the like but I try to look at Swansea news daily to follow them. I hope I wouldn't be considered a "plastic" fan because I've only been following them a few years, rather than my entire life. I've also never lived in Swansea. There any many clubs who play great football, but I like Swansea's play and the philosophy of the club, hence why I follow them. Just to note, I love football and have played it all my life but have never actually found a club who I liked enough to support until I saw Swansea play.

Don't be bothered about what other people think. They're more than likely very thick.

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:20 - Aug 28 with 1783 viewsCTB184

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:13 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

Don't be bothered about what other people think. They're more than likely very thick.

I agree. It's quite sad that some fans reject other fans because they haven't lived in the town/city of the club or think they're glory supporters. If Swansea expand and make their presence around the world more well known, surely that can only be a good thing? Even if it is purely down to the success and glory they've achieved?

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:22 - Aug 28 with 1772 viewsjojaca

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:13 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

We should get a fun questionnaire with ten questions to see if you qualify being labelled plastic.

Even when you know, you never know?

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:28 - Aug 28 with 1751 viewsMrSwerve

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:20 - Aug 28 by CTB184

I agree. It's quite sad that some fans reject other fans because they haven't lived in the town/city of the club or think they're glory supporters. If Swansea expand and make their presence around the world more well known, surely that can only be a good thing? Even if it is purely down to the success and glory they've achieved?

I think it's just some people being upset that it's not their 'little Swansea City' any more.

The days of pissing down Tuesday night games at the Vetch against the likes of Rushden and Diamonds are long gone. As great as they were, people need to move on.

It's human nature to some extent, that when people jump on the bandwagon, others will say things like 'I was here when we were sh*t' etc. The fact is we are a Worldwide brand now, and we will continue to get fans from all over the World visiting us. We need to lap it up and be grateful of 1) The money, and 2) The support. If we want to step up a level to be like Everton for example, we can't do this simply with our 'hardcore' support.

If we do get relegated one day, and are back to 10-12k attendances, I'm sure many will look back at our 21k attendances (maybe more after the expansion) with fondness. Enjoy the ride, the new fans are there to cheer the boys on just as much as us old hands.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

All this Plastic Nonsense on 13:56 - Aug 28 with 1691 viewsMattG

All this Plastic Nonsense on 11:46 - Aug 28 by Musical_Swan

What about someone who didn't go to the Rotherham game but went to both the Reading and Villareal pre-season games?

More clarity is needed on this.
All this Plastic Nonsense on 14:02 - Aug 28 with 1677 viewsperchrockjack

Its important on here and that s because some want to be looked up to as super fans who do the "hard miles". Its that mentality that is stoppiing some from going to our games.
Its like Stadler and Waldorf in the Muppet Show the way people are judged.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024