Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey question 14:38 - Aug 28 with 6141 viewsStarsky

Early days yet but Jonjo doesn't seem to be 'jellying' with the team so far and he doesn't look quite match fit.
Also Ki has just signed a new contract and they don't yet seem to 'fit' in the same team.

If say Crystal Palace suddenly come in for Jonjo Shelvey before the deadline.

1: Would you sell him, only if we have time to spend the money on a replacement before deadline.
2: Sell him and not necessarily buy a replacement.
3: Tell them to feck off

Discuss...
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 14:39]

It's just the internet, init.

Shelvey question on 16:54 - Aug 30 with 1019 viewsrossshaw

Shelvey question on 16:42 - Aug 30 by football2301

Get a brain it was for all the knockers who wanted to sell him citing him off for one second half poor performance

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't exactly come across well on the internet. I apologise for not getting it, I'll try and get a brain next time. Thank you oh great football230102013921382193213

Trundle could still do a job..

Shelvey question on 18:03 - Aug 30 with 924 viewsdameedna

Round up round up, s h i t for sale
Shelvey question on 18:10 - Aug 30 with 915 viewsswansmad

Jonjo for me has bags of potential if he's willing to learn.
Has he got the right attitude to learn from his mistakes and improve (I'm not sure)

Today against WBA he was selfish on several occasion and didn't make the right decisions for the team. He's always looking for the spectacular option rather than the best option.
Shelvey question on 18:18 - Aug 30 with 887 viewsLeonisGod

Great first half today from JJS imo. He was behind everything going forward, really driving the team on, breaking up play, closing down, using the ball well. He seemed everywhere. Ran out of steam and was more wasteful in the second half. Overall, Ki was the just about the better of the 2 for me today - didn't put a foot wrong and worked all across in front of the back 4 without slowing down.

But in answer to the OP. Tell anyone to feck off. We can't afford to lose JJS at this stage. I think we're looking pretty good with him and Ki together.
Shelvey question on 18:23 - Aug 30 with 872 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Shelvey question on 18:18 - Aug 30 by LeonisGod

Great first half today from JJS imo. He was behind everything going forward, really driving the team on, breaking up play, closing down, using the ball well. He seemed everywhere. Ran out of steam and was more wasteful in the second half. Overall, Ki was the just about the better of the 2 for me today - didn't put a foot wrong and worked all across in front of the back 4 without slowing down.

But in answer to the OP. Tell anyone to feck off. We can't afford to lose JJS at this stage. I think we're looking pretty good with him and Ki together.

I said on the game thread at half time that I thought JJ played a bit better than Ki, but he did tail off a bit in the second half.
It was almost as if he got over excited at the prospect of scoring, his replacement plays tidy football too.
Shelvey question on 19:36 - Aug 30 with 809 viewsZut_Alors

One of my favourite players. Looks like he corrected his poor aspects from last week. Absolutely brilliant today.
Shelvey question on 19:59 - Aug 30 with 768 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Shelvey question on 20:56 - Aug 28 by Jokeren1943

Two massive problem with Shelvey.

Nr1 - He play in such a central position (not fx right wing) that when Shelvey play like crap the rest of the team is going to play crap too.

Nr2 - Shelvey still do not have some basic he can return too, when the first passes misses. Either he is outstanding or he is crap.

youre right - playing in the 'red zone' means not making mistakes

unfortunately JJS makes more mistakes than our system expects or derserves
Shelvey question on 20:01 - Aug 30 with 754 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Shelvey question on 00:20 - Aug 29 by Highjack

I reckon he's the most gifted midfielder we've had in 30 odd years. Yes he makes mistakes but name me a player who doesn't.

naive at best
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey question on 20:52 - Aug 30 with 699 viewsdobjack2

Happier when he has the ball in opposition half than ours. Still has a tendency to switch off for a split second. Went to a "big" club too soon like a lot of youngsters and is having to learn things here.
Shelvey question on 20:53 - Aug 30 with 694 viewsDr_Winston

Problems are still with his footballing "intelligence". Four or five good openings wasted because he chose to shoot rather than look for a pass.

He's a prodigiously talented player, but I wish his brain worked as well as his feet.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey question on 21:29 - Aug 30 with 660 viewsMagicDaps

Outstanding today, he wasted a few chances but 95% of his decisions were spot on. It's not like he makes wrong decisions regularly, it's just that the wrong decisions he does make do tend to get highlighted. He played a huge part in us bossing and controlling the game, for me the likes of Shelvey and Ki have done their jobs when we do control games and that was certainly the case today.

He'll improve, he's still young and has bags of talent. His footballing brain has come on leaps and bounds, and it's far from a case of him looking to do the complicated thing all the time, 9 times out of 10 he plays simple passes.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Shelvey question on 22:30 - Aug 30 with 621 viewsDavillin

Shelvey question on 20:53 - Aug 30 by Dr_Winston

Problems are still with his footballing "intelligence". Four or five good openings wasted because he chose to shoot rather than look for a pass.

He's a prodigiously talented player, but I wish his brain worked as well as his feet.

Thanks for that.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024