Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey question 14:38 - Aug 28 with 6202 viewsStarsky

Early days yet but Jonjo doesn't seem to be 'jellying' with the team so far and he doesn't look quite match fit.
Also Ki has just signed a new contract and they don't yet seem to 'fit' in the same team.

If say Crystal Palace suddenly come in for Jonjo Shelvey before the deadline.

1: Would you sell him, only if we have time to spend the money on a replacement before deadline.
2: Sell him and not necessarily buy a replacement.
3: Tell them to feck off

Discuss...
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 14:39]

It's just the internet, init.

Shelvey question on 14:48 - Aug 28 with 3942 viewsSwansea93

Number 3 for me, he's what 22? Got bags of potential still to come, was a key player last season on times for us.

Yeah he does give away posession quite abit but hopefully that part of his game will be gone soon.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Shelvey question on 14:48 - Aug 28 with 3942 viewsSenhin

Why don't they fit in the same team? Assuming we get another defensive mid then we have those 2 as our options for the centre mid, and by the looks of it Shelvey as backup to Gylfi too.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Shelvey question on 14:55 - Aug 28 with 3908 viewsStarsky

I should have said... Number 3 for me too.
Although I am a tad concerned that he doesn't appear 100% on board

Shelvey question on 15:10 - Aug 28 with 3836 viewslifelong

Agree he doesn't look fit, looked knackered in the last 20 minutes of the Burnley game.

Still No. 3 for me though.
Shelvey question on 15:37 - Aug 28 with 3739 viewsJack_Daniels

1. Its surely too late to sell and get a replacement of equal or better quality?
2. Would be suicide
3. Absolutely

Im a big fan of JJS, he can also play in the AMC role, capable of getting a few goals, and still young. Seems to enjoy playing his football here.

He had a bad game against Burnley but played his part against Man U and i thought he was very good on Tues night when he came on
Shelvey question on 15:46 - Aug 28 with 3688 viewsTheArtChappy

On Tuesday he seemed to be calm his choice of when to pass long or short was excellent. He showed what he is capable of doing

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Shelvey question on 15:47 - Aug 28 with 3678 viewsthomasJack

no 3 when he is good he is really really good still Young and still learning

Poll: Next signing

Shelvey question on 17:38 - Aug 28 with 3491 viewsTreforys_Jack

No 1 for me
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey question on 17:51 - Aug 28 with 3452 viewsSpratty

Doesn't strike me as being totally happy (and has seemed that way for quite a long time).

I was half expecting to see him go if anything that at all suited him came along. Perhaps he is too far away here from those people and things he would rather be close to.

Good player, lots of talent, performances up and down.
Shelvey question on 17:58 - Aug 28 with 3438 viewsSweyns_Eye

Keep him. Buy him some Road Runner cartoons, he looks a miserable get. Teach him to smile more.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Shelvey question on 18:00 - Aug 28 with 3425 viewsJackoBoostardo

Remind me again how many games it took for Bony to start coming through for us?

For some it takes longer to come to terms with a new system - but FFS give him a chance before talk of selling him!. Jonjo has done well for us in the past!

Let the knee jerk reactions continue!???

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Shelvey question on 18:11 - Aug 28 with 3393 viewsStarsky

Shelvey question on 18:00 - Aug 28 by JackoBoostardo

Remind me again how many games it took for Bony to start coming through for us?

For some it takes longer to come to terms with a new system - but FFS give him a chance before talk of selling him!. Jonjo has done well for us in the past!

Let the knee jerk reactions continue!???

Oy!
I was just opening up a debate about football.
Let the knee jerk posters moaning about debates begin!
Sheesh

Shelvey question on 18:13 - Aug 28 with 3372 viewsJackoBoostardo

Shelvey question on 18:11 - Aug 28 by Starsky

Oy!
I was just opening up a debate about football.
Let the knee jerk posters moaning about debates begin!
Sheesh

Did I claim I was talking about you in my post?

Or was this a knee jerk reaction?

Either way - it was intended as a pre-emptive as we will undoubtedly see the usual negative posters who find fault with anyone!

Chill the f*ck out man!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Shelvey question on 18:16 - Aug 28 with 3358 viewsOldjack

It's Gelling ,and leave Jonjo alone

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Shelvey question on 18:22 - Aug 28 with 3334 viewsStarsky

Shelvey question on 18:13 - Aug 28 by JackoBoostardo

Did I claim I was talking about you in my post?

Or was this a knee jerk reaction?

Either way - it was intended as a pre-emptive as we will undoubtedly see the usual negative posters who find fault with anyone!

Chill the f*ck out man!

You chill the feck out!!!
This could run & run

The reason I started this thread was I half expect palace to come in for him and I wanted to know what the good folk of planet swans thought about that... AT THIS TIME

Shelvey question on 18:22 - Aug 28 with 3330 viewsC_jack

We sold Ben for less, so who knows. Everyone's got a price.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Shelvey question on 18:28 - Aug 28 with 3316 viewsHighjack

He's more or less first name on the team sheet for me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Shelvey question on 18:33 - Aug 28 with 3292 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Shelvey question on 18:28 - Aug 28 by Highjack

He's more or less first name on the team sheet for me.

Yep me also .

The knocking of him is way off the mark .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Shelvey question on 18:35 - Aug 28 with 3283 viewsJackoBoostardo

Shelvey question on 18:22 - Aug 28 by Starsky

You chill the feck out!!!
This could run & run

The reason I started this thread was I half expect palace to come in for him and I wanted to know what the good folk of planet swans thought about that... AT THIS TIME

Keep him ! Definitely!

We've got something out of him LIverpoop couldn't. He's only 22 and we're still looking at the unfinished product here.

He's useful with long shots and although his accuracy is touch and go at times, he is his own worst critic and personally wants to better himself. I like him! He's got a good attitude.

Shelvey question on 18:36 - Aug 28 with 3282 viewsSpratty

Shelvey question on 17:58 - Aug 28 by Sweyns_Eye

Keep him. Buy him some Road Runner cartoons, he looks a miserable get. Teach him to smile more.

It is not the lack of smiling that indicates to me something is not right with him
Shelvey question on 18:38 - Aug 28 with 3271 viewsOldjack

Shelvey question on 17:58 - Aug 28 by Sweyns_Eye

his head drops every time he fuks up, Monks needs to sort this out

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Shelvey question on 18:52 - Aug 28 with 3236 viewsJackoBoostardo

Shelvey question on 18:38 - Aug 28 by Oldjack

his head drops every time he fuks up, Monks needs to sort this out

We saw his mentality when we went up against Liverpool. He f*cked up - and pulled it back.

Shelvey question on 19:03 - Aug 28 with 3202 viewsshandyjack

Top player and only 22, will have good days and bad days like everyone of out players

Poll: Expectation for the season

Shelvey question on 19:06 - Aug 28 with 3187 viewsOldjack

Shelvey question on 18:52 - Aug 28 by JackoBoostardo

We saw his mentality when we went up against Liverpool. He f*cked up - and pulled it back.

that's over a long term, try observing him closely ,bad pass, head drops ,bad shot, head drops etc. if he gets instant contact after a bad pass his heads not right in those vital seconds

Shelvey question on 19:13 - Aug 28 with 3163 viewsJackoBoostardo

Shelvey question on 19:06 - Aug 28 by Oldjack

that's over a long term, try observing him closely ,bad pass, head drops ,bad shot, head drops etc. if he gets instant contact after a bad pass his heads not right in those vital seconds

So he hasn't got the capability to progress and improve on his skills - become a more confident player?

If someone is unfairly and regularly criticised over errors, something ALL players are guilty off at times, then clearly this will effect confidence and overall performance. I can foresee improvements under Monk though - it's still early days into the Monk era though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024