Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another book question... 08:00 - Aug 29 with 1686 viewsswanny

I'm starting to de clutter big time - all my music is on MP3, all my recent book purchases are on Kindle and I'm now trying to get rid of my books.....
Apart from the obvious classics.....which books can you not bear to part with.
It's seems to me that it's books that I read from my early teens to my twenties that I can't bear to be parted from.....All my Agatha Christies, Ian Flemmings, Gormengahst, JP Donleavy.....not great books, but obviously part of my formative years. Which non classics are your shelves which you wouldn't consider chucking, although you may never read them again.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Another book question... on 09:28 - Aug 29 with 1658 viewsdickythorpe

I wouldnt want to chuck away any sporting biographies/autobiogs that I have accumulated over the years.
Another book question... on 12:31 - Aug 29 with 1628 viewsswanny

Wierd isn't it - we have shelf upon shelf of travel books that we'll probably never even look at again...

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Another book question... on 12:47 - Aug 29 with 1622 viewsLohengrin

Another book question... on 12:31 - Aug 29 by swanny

Wierd isn't it - we have shelf upon shelf of travel books that we'll probably never even look at again...

It's a racing certainty though, love, a week after you'd have binned them you'd find yourself wanting to look something up in one of them.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Another book question... on 14:12 - Aug 29 with 1598 viewsTheArtChappy

I've got a few signed copied by some of my favorite authors. Michael jecks, Susanna gregory, terry pratchett, Joseph Delaney, Bernard knight and a Paul kidby illustrated book. There's a few others I want

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Another book question... on 15:09 - Aug 29 with 1588 viewsswanny

Another book question... on 12:47 - Aug 29 by Lohengrin

It's a racing certainty though, love, a week after you'd have binned them you'd find yourself wanting to look something up in one of them.

When we went to Spain last year I Kindled a guide book, and I really didn't like it it at all in that medium.....no siree bob - went straight back to old school guide books.

Another book question... on 18:32 - Aug 29 with 1562 viewsDavillin

Another book question... on 12:47 - Aug 29 by Lohengrin

Aha! You use that old excuse, too!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Another book question... on 18:34 - Aug 29 with 1560 viewsJackfath

I really wish I read more.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Another book question... on 10:03 - Aug 30 with 1520 viewsjacksinceever

Have a stack of Family Encyclopedias and old Classics (Dickens, Bronte, Etc) in the bookcase next to the computer in my lounge. Most of them never see the light of day since I've had a decent computer - much easier to search on t'internet.
Still makes us look learned though ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024