Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? 11:31 - Aug 29 with 5233 views_

These are the only areas I think Monk will be considering or has considered already by now, hopefully.

Has Tom Carroll's impressive debut done enough to promote him to Premier League level to give us that much needed balance and energy (zip) in the middle?

Would some think that's a gamble?

Would others think it more of a gamble to go with Ki and Shelvey together again? ( I would)

The same for Fede or do we stick with Amat for now? (Amat for me at this stage due to the clean sheet last time out)

And has Gomis done enough to start this one swapping Bony to the bench? (Completely torn on this one - I'm plumping towards Gomis, but only ever so slightly, because lets face it, he's done nothing wrong and possibly deserves the chance) Bony's not done much wrong though, although he needs a goal which he wouldn't get sat on the bench. I bet Monk isn't relishing making this one decision, in particular.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 18:02 - Aug 29 with 1193 viewsBonjour

I also don't buy into this Amat has had 2 tremendous games either. He has made numerous errors in both games, often getting caught the wrong side. In those 2 games quite a few of those errors led to the oppo having decent opportunities on goal.

He did some good things yes but tremendous, I don't think so.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 18:11 - Aug 29 with 1185 viewsshingle

I would go for the same team as last week, give Ki and Shelvey one more chance together, thing is with Shelvey we may get an awesome performance, all depends how he feels when he gets out of bed tomorrow morning i suppose.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 18:33 - Aug 29 with 1167 viewsWitneyjack

Fernandez in for Amat and Carroll in for Jonjo. Wilf up top to start. Gives us a great bench to call on, Montero, Shelvey and Gomis. Whatever GM chooses, I can't wait. Let's hope it's another 3 points!
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 19:13 - Aug 29 with 1137 viewsSwan91

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:44 - Aug 29 by hooplehead

these extended highlights make us look pretty good

carrol is featured a fair bit

From these highlights Sheehan did not look as bad as people made him out to be. He made some nice passes which led to attacks.

Btw who took the free kick quickly to lead to the goal? I thought it was Sheehan but wasn't sure.

Bony didn't look that good against Rotherham but we need to keep playing him so he can get that momentum going. He did well at utd even though he didn't score and his strength and off the ball contributions are vital for the team.

I would like to see Caroll and Ki as our 2 cms. We need a player who is different to Shelvey and Ki to play differently and I think Caroll does that. I also feel Ki is playing better than Shelvey so he should be first choice. Not sure about defence though. Maybe keep Amat in squad and replace him at 60th minute with Fernandez.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 21:58 - Aug 29 with 1078 viewsfootball2301

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:26 - Aug 29 by _

"because that's what i'm like, that's what i'm like as a person and that's what i was like as a player" "They know what I want and what I expect and I know how to speak to people"

Hahaha cringe!!

Hmm, i do hear you Mike but I guess the way i'm feeling on this is that second half v Burnley brought back the horror nightmares against Villareal.

If it were me here, I'd bite the bullet and put Carroll in and drop Shelvey giving Ki key instructions to keep it simple in front of the back four and keep the ball moving side to side. TC with the legs to get up and down and side to side ticking things over for us feeding Dyer, Siggy and Routs.

******* Fab********
Angel * Amat * Ash * Taylor
******** Ki *******
Dyer ** Carroll ** Routs
******* Siggy *******
******* Bafi *******

So you would drop shelvey for one bad second half performance was good at Man utd poor second half v burnley heads shoulders above second half v Rotherham so let's drop him amazing
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 22:09 - Aug 29 with 1074 viewsCatullus

I'd start with the same team, unless injuries/illness dictate otherwise.

But with Carroll and Fernandez on the bench ready. Keep them warming up regularly!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 22:34 - Aug 29 with 1055 viewsJJ08

People on here are truly unbelievable. Played 3 won 3 yet ki and shelvey dont have the legs. You might want to tell the manure midfield that. Yeah lets change everything so when it goes wrong you can all moan about monk changing the team and putting a young kid in. Only swansea fans can moan that its not going right after 3 out of 3. Surely they could have won 4 out of 3.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 22:46 - Aug 29 with 1045 viewsNeathJack

I would guess it'll be the same team as the first two PL games and rightly so.
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 22:58 - Aug 29 with 1040 viewsclement

******* Fab********
Angel * Fede* Ash * Taylor
******** Ki *******
Routs ** Shelvey** Monty
******* Siggy *******
******* Bafi *******

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 23:03 - Aug 29 with 1030 viewsnantywatcher

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 22:58 - Aug 29 by clement

******* Fab********
Angel * Fede* Ash * Taylor
******** Ki *******
Routs ** Shelvey** Monty
******* Siggy *******
******* Bafi *******

Perfect!!
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 16:12 - Aug 30 with 952 viewsJJ08

2-0 up. Midfield needs to be changed next week this just isnt good enough. This starting 11 just isn't (jellyin) as someone famously said.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 16:43 - Aug 30 with 943 viewsfootball2301

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 16:12 - Aug 30 by JJ08

2-0 up. Midfield needs to be changed next week this just isnt good enough. This starting 11 just isn't (jellyin) as someone famously said.

Wait till it starts jellying
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 21:26 - Aug 30 with 893 viewsjackonicko

Very pleased now that GM stuck with the same XI. Amat was excellent and Bony was superb up top - but what does he need to do to get a goal!

Ki and Shelvey were excellent. Ki got stuck in, and Shelvey defensively was much more disciplined. Some poor decision making when he got forward, which meant we wasted some good opportunities. But that's uber-picky after today.

If Routledge played for one of the big 4, the media would be creaming themselves for the next fortnight over his goal.

Dyer and Siggurdson sublime.

Fab was super solid again in goal.

What a team performance. Dare I say there was 'zip' today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024