Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? 11:31 - Aug 29 with 5103 views_

These are the only areas I think Monk will be considering or has considered already by now, hopefully.

Has Tom Carroll's impressive debut done enough to promote him to Premier League level to give us that much needed balance and energy (zip) in the middle?

Would some think that's a gamble?

Would others think it more of a gamble to go with Ki and Shelvey together again? ( I would)

The same for Fede or do we stick with Amat for now? (Amat for me at this stage due to the clean sheet last time out)

And has Gomis done enough to start this one swapping Bony to the bench? (Completely torn on this one - I'm plumping towards Gomis, but only ever so slightly, because lets face it, he's done nothing wrong and possibly deserves the chance) Bony's not done much wrong though, although he needs a goal which he wouldn't get sat on the bench. I bet Monk isn't relishing making this one decision, in particular.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 11:55 - Aug 29 with 3922 viewsMattG

Can't see Carroll starting against WBA - could get out-muscled by their midfield and doesn't (yet) have Leon's ability to get out of that situation, IMO. For that reason, I think it'll be Ki and Shelvey behind Gylfi.

I agree Amat should play as he's the one in possession and has done nothing wrong in the two previous games.

As you say, Bony / Gomis is pretty much the toss of a coin. We know what Wilf can do but Gomis has really hit the ground running. A tricky choice but I'd be happy either way.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:00 - Aug 29 with 3892 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I don't feel well as I have to agree with you.
But on a brighter note, isn't it nice for the club to ba able and have to make those decisions, instead of having a 1st team player and only 2nd string backup.
We now have strength and depth in most positions, but I wouldn't want to have to make those calls.
I think 60 minutes of Bony and if we have no injury or yellow card replacements 34 minutes of Gomis to terrify them at the end of the match.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:05 - Aug 29 with 3871 viewsBravoJack

Fabianski
Tiendalli
Fernandez
Williams
Taylor
Ki
Shelvey
Dyer
Siggurdson
Montero
Bony

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:05 - Aug 29 with 3871 views_

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 11:55 - Aug 29 by MattG

Can't see Carroll starting against WBA - could get out-muscled by their midfield and doesn't (yet) have Leon's ability to get out of that situation, IMO. For that reason, I think it'll be Ki and Shelvey behind Gylfi.

I agree Amat should play as he's the one in possession and has done nothing wrong in the two previous games.

As you say, Bony / Gomis is pretty much the toss of a coin. We know what Wilf can do but Gomis has really hit the ground running. A tricky choice but I'd be happy either way.

Do you think he got outmuscled against Rotherham? I thought they were a fairly big old Championship side?

So would you go Ki/Shlevey/Siggy then?

As I think that would be a big mistake.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:17 - Aug 29 with 3831 viewsPegojack

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:05 - Aug 29 by _

Do you think he got outmuscled against Rotherham? I thought they were a fairly big old Championship side?

I take your point about the Shelvey/Ki (Shelki?) underperformance in the second half against Burnley, but I think I would give them one more chance to player better before making changes. Carroll is still raw and inexperienced at Premier League level, and this is a huge game for us. Another three points and we've taken a big step to Premiership survival for another season.

I expect Garry to agree with me! (and the players know to be fair, because I've told them, and they know what I expect...David Brent...blah. blah...Handbags anbd Gladrags...blah, blah...)
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:25 - Aug 29 with 3791 viewsMattG

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:05 - Aug 29 by _

I wasn't at the Rotherham game and I don't think he featured in the online highlights that I saw. My concern would be parachuting him in against an experienced and physical PL (rather than Championship) midfield.

I agree that partnering Shelvey and Ki in midfield hasn't exactly set the world alight so far but, IMO, it's the lower risk option.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:26 - Aug 29 with 3791 views_

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:17 - Aug 29 by Pegojack

I take your point about the Shelvey/Ki (Shelki?) underperformance in the second half against Burnley, but I think I would give them one more chance to player better before making changes. Carroll is still raw and inexperienced at Premier League level, and this is a huge game for us. Another three points and we've taken a big step to Premiership survival for another season.

I expect Garry to agree with me! (and the players know to be fair, because I've told them, and they know what I expect...David Brent...blah. blah...Handbags anbd Gladrags...blah, blah...)

"because that's what i'm like, that's what i'm like as a person and that's what i was like as a player" "They know what I want and what I expect and I know how to speak to people"

Hahaha cringe!!

Hmm, i do hear you Mike but I guess the way i'm feeling on this is that second half v Burnley brought back the horror nightmares against Villareal.

If it were me here, I'd bite the bullet and put Carroll in and drop Shelvey giving Ki key instructions to keep it simple in front of the back four and keep the ball moving side to side. TC with the legs to get up and down and side to side ticking things over for us feeding Dyer, Siggy and Routs.

******* Fab********
Angel * Amat * Ash * Taylor
******** Ki *******
Dyer ** Carroll ** Routs
******* Siggy *******
******* Bafi *******

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:29 - Aug 29 with 3774 views_

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:25 - Aug 29 by MattG

I wasn't at the Rotherham game and I don't think he featured in the online highlights that I saw. My concern would be parachuting him in against an experienced and physical PL (rather than Championship) midfield.

I agree that partnering Shelvey and Ki in midfield hasn't exactly set the world alight so far but, IMO, it's the lower risk option.

There wasn't a lot of highlights to go around.

I liked him, I thought he had a good game, reminded me of Joe Allen against Reading when they were in the Prem and we were in the Championship.

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:31 - Aug 29 with 3761 viewsMattG

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:29 - Aug 29 by _

I liked him, I thought he had a good game, reminded me of Joe Allen against Reading when they were in the Prem and we were in the Championship.

There was certainly a lot of positive stuff flying around after that game - hopefully he can live up to that and do a job for us when needed.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:39 - Aug 29 with 3741 viewsSlugster664

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:29 - Aug 29 by _

First game I started creaming of JA...think he was only 17/18 too???

STID

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:42 - Aug 29 with 3728 views_

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:39 - Aug 29 by Slugster664

First game I started creaming of JA...think he was only 17/18 too???

yeah, i watched him against Man City the other night and he's a completely different physique now. He looked a bit lost in that game.

I wonder how long it will be before he's back here. I just get the feeling, especially with a young baby and a local girl.

Ki and Shelvey just don't have the legs and energy levels in midfield.

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:44 - Aug 29 with 3727 viewshooplehead

these extended highlights make us look pretty good

carrol is featured a fair bit

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:50 - Aug 29 with 3711 viewsMattG

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:44 - Aug 29 by hooplehead

these extended highlights make us look pretty good

carrol is featured a fair bit

That's the start of my lunchbreak sorted - cheers HH.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:59 - Aug 29 with 3675 viewsorion3016

I'd go with bony just to make still feel wanted before the big day on Monday
I don't suppose we will pay £8m for a World Cup winning cb for him to sit on bench although it'll be tough on a at who has done very well

Be over there now after

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 13:03 - Aug 29 with 3665 viewsJackFish

The only changes I'd consider making would be bringing in Tiendalli or Fernandez, but Amat has had a very solid start to the season so I'd keep him in for now.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 13:17 - Aug 29 with 3622 viewsnantywatcher

Yes Tiendalli looked good.
Gomis every time (NO-ONE is going to pay £16 mill for Mr Bony.)
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 13:29 - Aug 29 with 3591 viewsBonjour

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:42 - Aug 29 by _

yeah, i watched him against Man City the other night and he's a completely different physique now. He looked a bit lost in that game.

I wonder how long it will be before he's back here. I just get the feeling, especially with a young baby and a local girl.

Let's hope not eh Chris - we don't need any more sideways/backward passes!

FWIW, I wouldn't change much from last week. I don't think Ki or Shelvey playing the Leon role works as they don't read the game as well. We simply don't have an adequate replacement yet.

So, I would play Ki and JJS. Bony up top. I would drop Dyer. I would also drop Amat but I don't think he will just yet.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 13:31 - Aug 29 with 3585 viewsMolliemick

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 12:42 - Aug 29 by _

I could not understand Joe being subbed about 70mins. He was Liverpool's outstanding player and has developed enormously since moving there.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 14:06 - Aug 29 with 3485 viewsMattG

Just watched the highlights that hooplehead linked to and it looked a much more dominant performance than I thought from reading posts on here although that might be partly due to the fact that they were SwansTV highlights!

Can certainly see the Tom Carroll / Joe Allen comparisons that others have made.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 14:28 - Aug 29 with 3431 viewsmonmouth

Speaking of Wilfy...seen this? African Nations Cup 2015: Ivory Coast risk disqualification. Ivory Coast will be disqualified from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations if they forfeit their qualifier against Sierra Leone because of fears over Ebola.

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 14:35 - Aug 29 with 3410 viewsjackonicko

Some good points above, but I would still stick with the same first XI against Man U and Burnley. Amat over Fede2, Bony over Gomis and keep Ki/Shelvey in the middle.

Old cliche, but I wouldn't change a winning side.

Amat deserves to keep his place after a couple of tremendous games. Bony, whilst unspectacular, knows the system and we seem to tick along better with him as the lone striker.

Ki/Shelvey is the toughest to call, but I would like to give them another game to get it right. That partnership has good potential, and it feels a bit too soon to rip up the plan and bring Carroll in.
Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 14:38 - Aug 29 with 3399 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 14:28 - Aug 29 by monmouth

Speaking of Wilfy...seen this? African Nations Cup 2015: Ivory Coast risk disqualification. Ivory Coast will be disqualified from the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations if they forfeit their qualifier against Sierra Leone because of fears over Ebola.

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the other thing about the ANC.

There are six qualifying matches to be played this autumn then the finals in the new year.

Bony will be doing a lot of travelling shortly so Gomis is going to get plenty of game time.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 15:13 - Aug 29 with 3353 views_

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 14:35 - Aug 29 by jackonicko

Some good points above, but I would still stick with the same first XI against Man U and Burnley. Amat over Fede2, Bony over Gomis and keep Ki/Shelvey in the middle.

Old cliche, but I wouldn't change a winning side.

Amat deserves to keep his place after a couple of tremendous games. Bony, whilst unspectacular, knows the system and we seem to tick along better with him as the lone striker.

Ki/Shelvey is the toughest to call, but I would like to give them another game to get it right. That partnership has good potential, and it feels a bit too soon to rip up the plan and bring Carroll in.

Have to agree with most of that... can even see the merit of leaving Ki/Shelves play together.

Interesting game....

Up the Jacks!!

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 17:50 - Aug 29 with 3205 viewsC_jack

Don't follow the 'don't change a winning team' mantra. If we keep the same team every game then it just gets easier for someone to spend a week on preparing for it. It should not change from a winning team just by changing a select few of the players involved.

Gomis starts for me, good showing in midweek and he deserves the chance. Bony hasn't started well enough to fend him off.

I can't imagine an £8m defender sitting on the bench waiting for someone to mess up. Hard lines, Jordi.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Gomis or Bony? Our midfield 3? Fede or Jordi? on 17:54 - Aug 29 with 3196 viewsDrizzy

Ki and Shelvey to start because it's our best available midfield pairing.

I think Bony keeps his place. Fernandez to start ahead of Amat.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024