Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal 18:12 - Aug 29 with 4888 viewsApeShit

[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 18:15]
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:08 - Aug 29 with 859 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 21:55 - Aug 29 by karnataka

Give them a chance mun, they've only been with us a matter of months and you're saying that they haven't 'come through' Jeez.

As for Ben & Joe, the thread was about actually signing players from other clubs for development purposes. Ben & Joe were not in that category. Pay attention.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 21:55]

I was talking about the likes of Proctor, Situ, Obeng and the numerous others more than the ones we've signed within the past year.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:15 - Aug 29 with 839 viewsNeathJack

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:08 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I was talking about the likes of Proctor, Situ, Obeng and the numerous others more than the ones we've signed within the past year.

So other than criticising the fact that not many of the cheap young players we've taken a punt on for the development team have broken into an established Premier League side, what is your point?

And what is your proposed solution to improve this?
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:19 - Aug 29 with 828 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:15 - Aug 29 by NeathJack

So other than criticising the fact that not many of the cheap young players we've taken a punt on for the development team have broken into an established Premier League side, what is your point?

And what is your proposed solution to improve this?

Stop purchasing other clubs rubbish and scout more thoroughly.

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:24 - Aug 29 with 825 viewsbluenile

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:19 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't know how you can possibly accuse us of that, as, in fairness, we haven't signed one Manure player..............

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:29 - Aug 29 with 806 viewsNeathJack

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:19 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So it's the scouting that is the problem rather than the development coaching of these young players?
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:59 - Aug 29 with 766 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:29 - Aug 29 by NeathJack

So it's the scouting that is the problem rather than the development coaching of these young players?

I don't know how talented our coaches are although an old friend of mine currently in the U21's has strong opinions regarding O'Learys suitability to be managing him. I'm assuming he is not alone in thinking that either.

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 23:06 - Aug 29 with 747 viewsNeathJack

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:59 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't know how talented our coaches are although an old friend of mine currently in the U21's has strong opinions regarding O'Learys suitability to be managing him. I'm assuming he is not alone in thinking that either.

So to surmise, you've no idea if it's the scouting, the coaching or anything else that may, or may not be hindering the progress of these youngsters into the Premier League?

I'd be quite happy to wager that in the next 3-4 years and beyond, a more than acceptable number will come through given the investment that has been made into the infrastructure etc of the youth development at the club.

These things don't happen overnight.
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 23:10 - Aug 29 with 732 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 23:06 - Aug 29 by NeathJack

So to surmise, you've no idea if it's the scouting, the coaching or anything else that may, or may not be hindering the progress of these youngsters into the Premier League?

I'd be quite happy to wager that in the next 3-4 years and beyond, a more than acceptable number will come through given the investment that has been made into the infrastructure etc of the youth development at the club.

These things don't happen overnight.

We've currently had zero youngsters who we purchased from other clubs come through. Ben and Joe have come through but they weren't purchased from other sides which is what we're discussing.

Hopefully the investment in the youth and training facilities will be fruitful.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 23:15 - Aug 29 with 716 viewsNeathJack

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 23:10 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We've currently had zero youngsters who we purchased from other clubs come through. Ben and Joe have come through but they weren't purchased from other sides which is what we're discussing.

Hopefully the investment in the youth and training facilities will be fruitful.

I didn't mention Ben or Joe so no idea why you're telling me they aren't what is being discussed?

As for the others, Fulton has already broken into the first team squad and hopefully others will follow in time.

These players are low risk given the outlay with the potential for high reward.

It should also be considered that they are there to assist the development of our own crop of youngsters coming through by strengthening the development squad in order to make them more competitive which in itself will provide a stronger platform for players to perform, grow and develop.

Which is kind of the whole point.
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:33 - Aug 30 with 643 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 22:59 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Dwight - tell me, how come your 'old friend currently in the U21s' hasn't noticed that Chris Llewellyn is the coach of the U21s not Kris O'Leary and that change happened ages ago?

Hasn't he been in to training for some months or did you forget that when making up your latest round of crap?

Just interested to know !
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:34 - Aug 30 with 641 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:33 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

Dwight - tell me, how come your 'old friend currently in the U21s' hasn't noticed that Chris Llewellyn is the coach of the U21s not Kris O'Leary and that change happened ages ago?

Hasn't he been in to training for some months or did you forget that when making up your latest round of crap?

Just interested to know !

I was told this a while ago. I don't post lies on the internet. I'm not twelve.

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:41 - Aug 30 with 629 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:34 - Aug 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

oh right!! In which case your post should be changed.

You should have said that your friend 'had' strong opinions regarding Kris O'Leary's suitability and then should, perhaps, have pointed out that it was somewhat of an irrelevance given that O'Leary has nothing to do with the 21s any more.

Perhaps you could have then commented on the current 21s set up and gone on to say that if your 'friend' didn't like O'Leary managing him (and that again by the way, should have been 'managed' - past tense) then you're not sure how he's managing to coach the likes of Bony / Routledge etc or any number of the players that your 'friend' aspires to be, in his wildest, wildest dreams.
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:47 - Aug 30 with 621 viewsItchySphincter

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 21:29 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Playing the odd game here and there doesn't really count as 'coming through' or establishing themselves in my opinion though. The likes of Chris Jones, Lee Lucas, David Cornell and others aren't first team squad players. Neither are Fulton or Kingsley yet.

The ones who have come through in my generation are limited to Ben and Joe.

I'm torn as to whether to count Taylor as a youngster who was brought through. He was already an established first team defender when we signed him but he was very young, similar to Amat.

Count Taylor. We didn't develop him but he was a raw Conference player when we took him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:49 - Aug 30 with 616 viewsNeathJack

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:41 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

oh right!! In which case your post should be changed.

You should have said that your friend 'had' strong opinions regarding Kris O'Leary's suitability and then should, perhaps, have pointed out that it was somewhat of an irrelevance given that O'Leary has nothing to do with the 21s any more.

Perhaps you could have then commented on the current 21s set up and gone on to say that if your 'friend' didn't like O'Leary managing him (and that again by the way, should have been 'managed' - past tense) then you're not sure how he's managing to coach the likes of Bony / Routledge etc or any number of the players that your 'friend' aspires to be, in his wildest, wildest dreams.

More chance of him actually posting a photo of the ticket from the game on Tuesday he claimed to have attended and has been asked about 7 times to do so but has ignored every time than of him actually admitting he f*cked up with the u21s!
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:54 - Aug 30 with 613 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:49 - Aug 30 by NeathJack

More chance of him actually posting a photo of the ticket from the game on Tuesday he claimed to have attended and has been asked about 7 times to do so but has ignored every time than of him actually admitting he f*cked up with the u21s!

I know - it's hilarious though.

Can't believe that he forgot that KOL moved up to the 1st team and Chris Llewellyn took over !!

It's like the whole 'Ben and Joe are the only 2 that have come through'. Given that he went to the game the other night you'd think that he'd notice that Jazz and Sheehan both played. I did and I wasn't even there !
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:57 - Aug 30 with 608 viewsSwansNZ

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:34 - Aug 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

When will you be 12 Dwight?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 01:00 - Aug 30 with 605 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:57 - Aug 30 by SwansNZ

When will you be 12 Dwight?

he'll have gone now. He'll be back tomorrow and no more mention will be made of the whole episode! He'll move onto something different. Please God we don't lose - he'll be going for days.
Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 02:15 - Aug 30 with 568 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 01:00 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

he'll have gone now. He'll be back tomorrow and no more mention will be made of the whole episode! He'll move onto something different. Please God we don't lose - he'll be going for days.

My stance remains the same whether we win or lose. I'm not a glory supporter. If I was I wouldn't have attended the Rotherham match, I would have stayed home and saved my four English pounds and put them towards a match against a bigger team.

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 04:39 - Aug 30 with 529 viewsDJack

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 19:03 - Aug 29 by Private_Partz

I think the assumption is that this player is going to be one for he future in view of his background. If Monk says that he thinks the player is good enough to go straight into the first team then so be it. I will run with it. Tom looks the biz so who is to say this guy cannot do it either?
I will repeat my original point however that we are really cutting fine if we are planning on two more experienced signings.
If that makes Me a negative effer then no apologies this end ;-)

Mr Partz, Wenger has gone on record very recently saying the end of the transfer window is like a poker game. Everyone is cutting it fine.

You can be negative but you don't have it as bad as poor old Spratty.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 06:46 - Aug 30 with 491 viewsApeShit

Swans sign Giancarlo Gallifuoco on one-year deal on 00:54 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

I know - it's hilarious though.

Can't believe that he forgot that KOL moved up to the 1st team and Chris Llewellyn took over !!

It's like the whole 'Ben and Joe are the only 2 that have come through'. Given that he went to the game the other night you'd think that he'd notice that Jazz and Sheehan both played. I did and I wasn't even there !

Jazz and Sheehan are never going to be PL players though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024