Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's ref. First game and card happy. 07:24 - Aug 30 with 2148 viewsNOTRAC

Today's referee PaulTierney takes charge of his first ever Premiership game.
He has a horrendous record as far as cards and penalties are concerned.
Last year he refereed in 55 games and handed out 138 yellow cards, sent 11 players off and awarded 17 penalties.
Already this year in the 5 games he has taken charge of he has issued 18 yellow cards,sent 2 players off and awarded 2 penalties.
Obviously a ref who wants to be noticed.Let's hope he doesn't spoil today's game.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 07:33 - Aug 30 with 1743 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Well crap, I guess we might as well give Shelvey his first yellow when he takes the pitch. Kind of leans me more towards thinking we need to start Carroll.

Hope he is a nice to the home club. Is WBA a physical club?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 08:31 - Aug 30 with 1662 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

He doesn't sound great.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 08:31 - Aug 30 with 1662 viewsmonmouth

Christ alive, those stats are terrible. Why do we get these numpties...remember Madley last year.

Looking at that, it really is worth a bet on JJS to walk isn't it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 08:41 - Aug 30 with 1634 viewsTheApothecary

Or we could start Jeff and get their right back sent off before halftime ;-)
Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 08:47 - Aug 30 with 1617 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 08:41 - Aug 30 by TheApothecary

Or we could start Jeff and get their right back sent off before halftime ;-)

Time for some good old North Bank intimidation!!

I really miss the days when the North Bank would get to an opposition player.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 08:48 - Aug 30 with 1617 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

We always seem to get the newbies
Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 08:51 - Aug 30 with 1610 viewsSwansNZ

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 08:48 - Aug 30 by TenkosBlondeWig

We always seem to get the newbies

Not another Robert Madley, I hope

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 09:18 - Aug 30 with 1554 viewsBanosswan

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 07:33 - Aug 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

Well crap, I guess we might as well give Shelvey his first yellow when he takes the pitch. Kind of leans me more towards thinking we need to start Carroll.

Hope he is a nice to the home club. Is WBA a physical club?

Not really

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 09:58 - Aug 30 with 1488 viewsJohnw102

Reffed us in the Carling cup at Shrewsbury 3/4 years ago when we were beat 3-1 no cards given, no penalty

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 10:07 - Aug 30 with 1467 viewsPrivate_Partz

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 08:51 - Aug 30 by SwansNZ

Not another Robert Madley, I hope

This really does not sound good. A young up and coming ref determined to make a name for himself. Playing everything to the letter of the law without a hint of common sense and favouring the away side unintentionally as he strives to appear fair minded. I hope I am wrong on this occasion.
Why on earth do we always seem to be crash test dummies for these rookies?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 13:50 - Aug 30 with 1301 viewsPlazex

Let's hope it isnt another phil dowd/mike dean, is it?

Poll: Where will we finish?

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 14:26 - Aug 30 with 1252 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 13:50 - Aug 30 by Plazex

Let's hope it isnt another phil dowd/mike dean, is it?

Was watching highlights of the 3-3 Stoke City draw last November (with the golden PK by SC). Don't know who the ref was for that abortion of a finish, but I'm guessing it's somebody that everybody in Swansea hates now.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 17:02 - Aug 30 with 1212 viewsPozuelosSideys

Excellent referee.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 17:05 - Aug 30 with 1195 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 17:02 - Aug 30 by PozuelosSideys

Excellent referee.

I thought it did pretty well too.
Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 17:12 - Aug 30 with 1177 viewsRancid

Best ref I've seen down here in a while.A proper homer
Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 17:38 - Aug 30 with 1125 viewsorion3016

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 17:12 - Aug 30 by Rancid

Best ref I've seen down here in a while.A proper homer

Aye

First 10 mins he gave us everything

Be over there now after

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:16 - Aug 30 with 1062 viewsPrivate_Partz

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 17:38 - Aug 30 by orion3016

Aye

First 10 mins he gave us everything

I have to say my concerns were unfounded. Had a decent game and even may have favoured us a bit.
I am also really looking forward to coming back again after a further 7 games and saying my concerns about Garry Monk and the way he was appointed were also unfounded :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:21 - Aug 30 with 1049 viewsSwan91

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 17:02 - Aug 30 by PozuelosSideys

Excellent referee.

Except the part where he didn't give us a penalty for that hand ball I think he did really well.
Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:24 - Aug 30 with 1038 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:21 - Aug 30 by Swan91

Except the part where he didn't give us a penalty for that hand ball I think he did really well.

But then he didn't give the one against Jonjo either, not that Jonjo new much about it..
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 18:25]
Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:27 - Aug 30 with 1017 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:16 - Aug 30 by Private_Partz

I have to say my concerns were unfounded. Had a decent game and even may have favoured us a bit.
I am also really looking forward to coming back again after a further 7 games and saying my concerns about Garry Monk and the way he was appointed were also unfounded :-)

I asked this on the main game thread.
Have the Swansa ever won 4 consecutive prem games in a row?
Because they have now.
Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:31 - Aug 30 with 987 viewsLeonisGod

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:27 - Aug 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Because they have now.

I suspect not. What about top flight games back in the dark ages. You know, before the premier league invented football? Tosh's' team must have had a decent run or two?
Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:32 - Aug 30 with 978 viewsPrivate_Partz

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:27 - Aug 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Because they have now.

Have we'd ever done it regardless? I thought i read somewhere we have equalled a record going back to the early 1900s.

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 21:41 - Aug 30 with 884 viewsSwansNZ

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:21 - Aug 30 by Swan91

Should have been a penalty and red card, not sure how he missed that.

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 21:43 - Aug 30 with 880 viewsSwansNZ

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 18:32 - Aug 30 by Private_Partz

Have we'd ever done it regardless? I thought i read somewhere we have equalled a record going back to the early 1900s.

Our best start since 1921, apparently. Amazing

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 23:43 - Aug 30 with 818 viewsbalboajack

Today's ref. First game and card happy. on 21:41 - Aug 30 by SwansNZ

Should have been a penalty and red card, not sure how he missed that.

Obviously. It was so blatant they talked about it for about ten minutes on MOTD
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024