Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh 16:59 - Aug 30 with 7297 viewsdickythorpe

Until today i had no idea Amen Corner were from Cardiff/Ystrad Mynach.

In work we sing "If Paradise was Blaen y Maes "instead of what it should be.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 10:56 - Aug 31 with 1554 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

This reminds me of that Goodness Gracious Me sketch....

"Prince Charles??...INDIAN!!"
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 11:33 - Aug 31 with 1538 viewsllangyfelach

Tom Jones
Cerys Matthews
Charlotte Church
Aled Jones

All Welsh

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 11:37 - Aug 31 with 1532 viewsDarran

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 11:33 - Aug 31 by llangyfelach

Tom Jones
Cerys Matthews
Charlotte Church
Aled Jones

All Welsh

Don't forget Michael Barratt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 11:42 - Aug 31 with 1527 viewsllangyfelach

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 11:37 - Aug 31 by Darran

Don't forget Michael Barratt.

He builds houses, silly

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 11:48 - Aug 31 with 1520 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Taffy Jenkins and the Taffettes.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 11:49 - Aug 31 with 1518 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 09:56 - Aug 31 by Lohengrin

Not a band, more the beloved national, or should that be international institution that is Keith Richards.

Straight from the horse's mouth: "I'm a Dartford cat but my parents Bert and Doris are Welsh. I'm a Welshman, that accounts for my love of music and my temper. Probably accounts for my roving eye in my younger days too! Guitars and pretty chicks, man; you learn the former to impress the latter. It works, no doubt about it."

Who doesn't have a soft spot for Keef?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 9:58]

Post of the week! Didn't know that at all!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 1473 viewsdickythorpe

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 11:42 - Aug 31 by llangyfelach

He builds houses, silly

Better than Elvis (don't say this to a certain gentleman in St.Clears!)
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 13:51 - Aug 31 with 1472 viewsdickythorpe

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 10:54 - Aug 31 by Darran

Lemmys not Welsh.

Lived in and went to school in Anglesey for a few years
Login to get fewer ads

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 13:54 - Aug 31 with 1467 viewsDarran

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 13:51 - Aug 31 by dickythorpe

Lived in and went to school in Anglesey for a few years

Yeah I know I read his autobiography but he's still not Welsh.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 13:58 - Aug 31 with 1464 viewsItchySphincter

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 10:06 - Aug 31 by Lohengrin

He's a Turk isn't he?

Pembs I thought though could well be wrong. His cousin was my French teacher.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 14:25 - Aug 31 with 1440 viewsdickythorpe

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 10:04 - Aug 31 by Joe_bradshaw

Like Keef, the Edge is of Welsh descent.

His father was a turk and i think a priest or vicar in Pembs and Carmarthenshire
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 14:27]
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 14:28 - Aug 31 with 1437 viewsDarran

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 14:25 - Aug 31 by dickythorpe

His father was a turk and i think a priest or vicar in Pembs and Carmarthenshire
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 14:27]

Cheap Tryk.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 18:50 - Aug 31 with 1393 viewsgrabsplatter

Roger Glover is from Brecon
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 19:28 - Aug 31 with 1373 viewsDarran

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 18:50 - Aug 31 by grabsplatter

Roger Glover is from Brecon

I met him a few years ago.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 20:09 - Aug 31 with 1355 viewsbluenile

Before moving to London and having all those hits Amen Corner would regularly make the journey from Cardiff down to Skewen to play in The Ritz, acknowledged as the best music venue in South Wales in the mid to late 60's.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 20:10 - Aug 31 with 1290 viewsRancid

Welsh Tony and the Laverbreads.
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 20:11 - Aug 31 with 1287 viewsJackfath

Shakin' Stevens is Welsh. Not sure about his band though.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 20:17 - Aug 31 with 1281 viewsLohengrin

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 20:11 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Shakin' Stevens is Welsh. Not sure about his band though.

All the original Sunsets were, I've no idea who would be backing him now.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 20:22 - Aug 31 with 1274 viewsLord_Bony

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 17:17 - Aug 30 by phact0rri

Lemmy Kilminster(motorhead/hawkwind) doesn't go on all that much about Wales. He's from the North though. Course he lives in my neighbourhood now.

Also.. a fun yet strange fact. Richard James (Aphex Twin) is Irish, but often claims he's welsh.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 17:21]

Motorheads guitarist phil Cambell is often seen in the local Spar in beddau,Pontypridd...it s where he lives ...just a nice down to earth fella i plucked up the courage to speak to him once...and also the ex Ac/Dc drummer chris lives just up the road there,I know his cousin an undertaker...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 20:25 - Aug 31 with 1266 viewsgrabsplatter

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 19:28 - Aug 31 by Darran

I met him a few years ago.

Saw him play with Purple & Rainbow, not your average rock star type but a quality bass player
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 20:31 - Aug 31 with 1250 viewsperchrockjack

Saw Amen Corner in St Benedicts just before Gin House was released, a seriously underated record.

Lowe was from YM not sure about the rest

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:00 - Aug 31 with 1223 viewsLohengrin

Has anybody mentioned Dave Edmunds? Albert Lee is from The Marches right smack on the border, so we'll definitely lay claim to a picker of that calibre.

Now then if we're talking Welsh descended then we can fairly lay claim to having had a big hand in midwifing the golden age of Country Music in the southern states. Off the top of my head there's The Carter Family, George Jones and Tammy Wynette (Virginia Pugh), Jerry Lee Lewis, Mickey Gilley, Conway Twitty(Harry Jenkins), Whitey Morgan, Sonny James, Buck Owens, Don Williams, Gail Davies, Emmylou Harris, Skeeter Davies, Red Foley, Charlie Daniels, Ray Price, Johnny Horton Sara Evans, Carl Perkins and the late, great father of Rockabilly, Sam Phillips.

...and, of course, the brightest star in the six-string firmament, the Hillbilly Bard himself Hank Williams.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:00 - Aug 31 with 1223 viewsDarran

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 20:25 - Aug 31 by grabsplatter

Saw him play with Purple & Rainbow, not your average rock star type but a quality bass player

I saw him at sound check messing with Rick Nielsens guitar.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:09 - Aug 31 with 1215 viewsLord_Bony

WTF is that monstrosity to music?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:17 - Aug 31 with 1201 viewsDarran

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:09 - Aug 31 by Lord_Bony

WTF is that monstrosity to music?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024