Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh 16:59 - Aug 30 with 7097 viewsdickythorpe

Until today i had no idea Amen Corner were from Cardiff/Ystrad Mynach.

In work we sing "If Paradise was Blaen y Maes "instead of what it should be.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:22 - Aug 31 with 1954 viewsItchySphincter

Gene Loves Jezebel was from Port Toilet or Margam.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:22 - Aug 31 with 1954 viewsLord_Bony

One question,as a musician....WHY?.

Has this guy ever heard of FX pedals?

Or is it just the poseur value? First time I've ever seen a fret less neck on a guitar in amongst that lot though.....interesting.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:28 - Aug 31 with 1948 viewsDarran

Kylie Minogues family from Maesteg.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:28 - Aug 31 with 1948 viewsItchySphincter

Prop init. Loads of them tw@ts have got hideous guitars. Showbiz mun, it's meant to be entertaining.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:30 - Aug 31 with 1940 viewsLord_Bony

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:28 - Aug 31 by Darran

Kylie Minogues family from Maesteg.

Yes her mother is from Croeserw ..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:37 - Aug 31 with 1930 viewsLohengrin

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:17 - Aug 31 by Darran

Why is he wearing Unle Fester's jacket?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:09 - Aug 31 with 1905 viewsgykes

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 01:42 - Aug 31 by Banosswan

Underworld were formed in Cardiff but they're certainly not welsh

Rick Smith a member of Underworld is from Ammanford, so he most certainly is Welsh. Unsure about the rest of them. John Cale is also from the area (Garnant).

Building it up in black and white since 1996!

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:26 - Aug 31 with 1888 viewsLohengrin

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:09 - Aug 31 by gykes

Rick Smith a member of Underworld is from Ammanford, so he most certainly is Welsh. Unsure about the rest of them. John Cale is also from the area (Garnant).

I thought Cale was from Crynant?

Login to get fewer ads

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:26 - Aug 31 with 1888 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Julian Cope.
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:37 - Aug 31 with 1882 viewsItchySphincter

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:09 - Aug 31 by gykes

I was going to post both these 'facts' yesterday but couldn't be arsed. Good work.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 12:27 - Sep 1 with 1832 viewsgykes

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:26 - Aug 31 by Lohengrin

100% A Ganant boy, went to Ammanford Secondary Modern with my old man. May well have lived in Crynant at some point though Lohengrin, Neath Valley isn't that far from the Amman Valley. No probs IS, was humming and harring myself :)

Edit - Grammar School with my uncle sory, not that it's important.

http://www.terrynorm.ic24.net/john%20cale.htm
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 12:31]

Building it up in black and white since 1996!

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 12:32 - Sep 1 with 1828 viewsDarran

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:26 - Aug 31 by Lohengrin

Verden Allen of Mott The Hoople is from Crynant.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 18:10 - Sep 1 with 1799 viewsgrabsplatter

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:17 - Aug 31 by Darran

Arms like inspector gadget needed for that one - weird :-)
Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:52 - Sep 1 with 1758 viewscentrestandswan

Mark E Nevin Fairground Attraction is from Ebbw Vale band member and producer.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:56 - Sep 1 with 1753 viewsDarran

Anyone ever heard of this fella giving a talk in the Gwyn Hall?

http://www.nptartsandents.co.uk/en/event-13266

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:23 - Sep 1 with 1736 viewsLohengrin

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 12:27 - Sep 1 by gykes

100% A Ganant boy, went to Ammanford Secondary Modern with my old man. May well have lived in Crynant at some point though Lohengrin, Neath Valley isn't that far from the Amman Valley. No probs IS, was humming and harring myself :)

Edit - Grammar School with my uncle sory, not that it's important.

http://www.terrynorm.ic24.net/john%20cale.htm
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 12:31]

Thanks for taking the time post that up for me. There are quite a few sites that give Crynant as his home village for some reason? I'd read it somewhere and just accepted it as fact.

Ta.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 22:37 - Sep 1 with 1726 viewsDrWig

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:22 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

Gene Loves Jezebel was from Port Toilet or Margam.

Gene loves Jezebel were from Porthcawl. On the indie front pooh Sticks and the The Sweetest Ache from Swansea, Darling Buds from Newport. As well as the usual suspects from the 70s there were Racing Cars ( They shoot horses don't they) from Rhondda and the rock band Kooga

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 07:28 - Sep 2 with 1692 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 21:00 - Aug 31 by Lohengrin

Has anybody mentioned Dave Edmunds? Albert Lee is from The Marches right smack on the border, so we'll definitely lay claim to a picker of that calibre.

Now then if we're talking Welsh descended then we can fairly lay claim to having had a big hand in midwifing the golden age of Country Music in the southern states. Off the top of my head there's The Carter Family, George Jones and Tammy Wynette (Virginia Pugh), Jerry Lee Lewis, Mickey Gilley, Conway Twitty(Harry Jenkins), Whitey Morgan, Sonny James, Buck Owens, Don Williams, Gail Davies, Emmylou Harris, Skeeter Davies, Red Foley, Charlie Daniels, Ray Price, Johnny Horton Sara Evans, Carl Perkins and the late, great father of Rockabilly, Sam Phillips.

...and, of course, the brightest star in the six-string firmament, the Hillbilly Bard himself Hank Williams.

Don't forget Elvis (Parents Vernon and Gladys and brother Garron).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 08:22 - Sep 2 with 1674 viewsDarran

Chris Slade and Dave Evans from AC/DC.

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 00:06 - Sep 3 with 1633 viewsEbo

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 08:22 - Sep 2 by Darran

Chris Slade and Dave Evans from AC/DC.

Chris has bee about a bit hasn't he? Never knew he was welsh! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Slade

I played in a band back in the late 80's and we supported Racing Cars and Man for a few gigs!

Paul Weller's mam is from Aberdare too. He said in a recent interview that he used to go there on holidays as a kid.

Poor tvvat!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 01:16 - Sep 3 with 1625 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Names that popped into my head regarding some people may not know of them being welsh include;

Marina and the Diamonds and Skindred.

My favourite Welsh band is probably The Blackout. It's a shame you can't listen to Lostprophets anymore.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 07:44 - Sep 3 with 1603 viewsjackypaddywacky

Bands you may or may not know were Welsh on 10:51 - Aug 31 by QuakerJack

Think Feeder's original lineup were all Welsh.

Wasn't there an ex member of Guns n Roses who was Welsh.

Steven Harris from derwen fawr , he played Canadian leg with guns and roses. Also known as kid chaos he was with the cult for a while but started with zodiac mindwarp. Has retrained as a Dr in new York these days. He was on front page of post years back as got married down the Gower.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024