Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys 17:13 - Aug 30 with 46396 viewsDarran

You know the ones,Warwick,Spratty,T2C.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 00:41 - Sep 2 with 1903 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 00:01 - Sep 2 by Davillin

Humbled, I must agree with this post and apologize.

No worries man, forget it. This is what supporting a football club is all about, all of us having grand opinions and meeting people with different ones.
Let's all just enjoy the success the lads are achieving . That's the big picture

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 00:54 - Sep 2 with 1872 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm of the opinion I've been very fair towards Garry and have been so since our run of form began late last season.

I won't deny I've been very critical of the board but I was and still continue to be very justified in doing so. They're under performing in their duties and it must be addressed.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 06:37 - Sep 2 with 1806 viewsDJack

WOW, just WOW!

This thread is an absolute car crash.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Let's all laugh at theAgenda Boys on 07:09 - Sep 2 with 1788 viewsPhil_S

Let's all laugh at theAgenda Boys on 23:22 - Sep 1 by Spratty

Are you sure about that Phil. You did not say anything like you would not have chosen him as temp.

The little argument with Darran is actually a serious complaint against your website and the behaviour you condone from your chief mod. You not going to take any responsibility for this Phil then OK for him to constantly badger me and call me vile and abusive names. OK if he did this to your daughter for politely expressing her opinion?

No comment of the repeated accusations of child abuse made against me by an adult poster pretending to be a child who also had a 2nd ID to support himself. Again you ignored my abuse complaint delivered to your inbox when Darran supported this by letting it continue. Do you think you are discharging your duty of care as website owner. Abuse is not banter Phil, nor is facilitating racial abuse. Is it OK for your chief mod to hope someone is put in hospital?

There's a massive difference between saying I would not have made the appointment and being against it. Especially in the context that you have decided to use it.
Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 07:22 - Sep 2 with 1782 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 00:39 - Sep 2 by Darran

DYS hasn't stopped criticising Monk and the dealings of the board for months and he's out of order in a lot of his posts.

I ask you again are you behind our new young manager?

So why do you pick on Spratty so much then? Or is DYSS really Fath?

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 07:51 - Sep 2 with 1746 viewsJackfath

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 07:22 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

So why do you pick on Spratty so much then? Or is DYSS really Fath?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 10:44 - Sep 2 with 1662 viewsShaky

As a financier of considerable status, sagacity and above all seriousness I have so far maintained a dignified absence from this discussion. That's mainly because I am snowed under right now, but at the same time my views on all this may surprise a few people.

First of all let there be no doubt that I have been on the receiving end of Darran on numerous occasions. Not only was I banned from the old board on the false Dimi pretext, but when I re-registered here he constantly harassed me on the same subject for what 6 months? Furthermore, by constantly fingering me as Dimi he gave an official imprimateur to this falsehood that was unsurprisingly accepted by many others, even though I knew that he could have no real evidence of any of it because it was simply not true, as Darran no doubt now accepts.

So to put it kindly Darran is not perfect. But the fact is that none of us are.

I like Baker a lot and don't want to undermine him, but as a counterpoint to this I can not help but recall when I joined the other board. I already had reservations about this due to what I perceived as a completely over the top Puritanical approach to moderation - eg no swearing at all - so I approached the board with some caution seeking to clarify the boundaries. Within a day or two of tentatively participating I had already received a one week ban on account of some wild-eyed moderators absolute insistence I was a poster I had never heard of on a message board I didn't even know existed! When my ban expired I then went back and fired off a couple of PMs to the moderator in question as well as the owner that in no uncertain terms set out my opinion on their competence to which they responded with another ban.

Now I accept there may have been extenuating circumstances that caused them to behave like bunch of hysterical paranoid delusionals and their approach may well have improved since them, but the point remains; even with the best of intentions moderating is a tricky business as has widely been understood on messageboards even before the dawn of the proper internet.

Therefore I tend to look at this question in the same way as the great philosopher Karl Popper analysed the leadership of states in his criticism of Plato. He had asked the question who should lead, to which his reply was the best amongst us. (BTW, Popper convincingly shows that by this Plato certainly meant himself, in a manner you could imagine St Davlon championing). But Popper points out that is is bleeding obvious. After all who in their right mind would want the worst person to lead?

His approach instead is that knowing all men are imperfect to plan for the worst while hoping for the best, to ensure that whoever is chosen can do the least damage. In practical terms that means taking an institutional approach laying down rules and procedures for what can and should happen rather than argue about who is the best person to receive absolute authority.

This would clearly require some thought, but to me the central issue is how to deal with the tricky issue of banning, which I consider to be the intellectual/debating equivalent of violence and therefore unacceptable. Clearly banning posters is warranted in some circumstances for example in the case of genuine trolls without any redeeming qualities. On the other hand banning T2C for using rich language as St Davlon would like to see, or Sprats for making reasoned criticism is not acceptable.

As such it seems to me the focus of attention should be on devising a sensible mechanism for dealing with bannings that provides a transparent mean of appeal; that would require some further thought and as I said I am busy right now, so maybe others have some ideas.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 10:52 - Sep 2 with 1648 viewsMusical_Swan

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 10:44 - Sep 2 by Shaky

As a financier of considerable status, sagacity and above all seriousness I have so far maintained a dignified absence from this discussion. That's mainly because I am snowed under right now, but at the same time my views on all this may surprise a few people.

First of all let there be no doubt that I have been on the receiving end of Darran on numerous occasions. Not only was I banned from the old board on the false Dimi pretext, but when I re-registered here he constantly harassed me on the same subject for what 6 months? Furthermore, by constantly fingering me as Dimi he gave an official imprimateur to this falsehood that was unsurprisingly accepted by many others, even though I knew that he could have no real evidence of any of it because it was simply not true, as Darran no doubt now accepts.

I like Baker a lot and don't want to undermine him, but as a counterpoint to this I can not help but recall when I joined the other board. I already had reservations about this due to what I perceived as a completely over the top Puritanical approach to moderation - eg no swearing at all - so I approached the board with some caution seeking to clarify the boundaries. Within a day or two of tentatively participating I had already received a one week ban on account of some wild-eyed moderators absolute insistence I was a poster I had never heard of on a message board I didn't even know existed! When my ban expired I then went back and fired off a couple of PMs to the moderator in question as well as the owner that in no uncertain terms set out my opinion on their competence to which they responded with another ban.

Now I accept there may have been extenuating circumstances that caused them to behave like bunch of hysterical paranoid delusionals and their approach may well have improved since them, but the point remains; even with the best of intentions moderating is a tricky business as has widely been understood on messageboards even before the dawn of the proper internet.

Therefore I tend to look at this question in the same way as the great philosopher Karl Popper analysed the leadership of states in his criticism of Plato. He had asked the question who should lead, to which his reply was the best amongst us. (BTW, Popper convincingly shows that by this Plato certainly meant himself, in a manner you could imagine St Davlon championing). But Popper points out that is is bleeding obvious. After all who in their right mind would want the worst person to lead?

His approach instead is that knowing all men are imperfect to plan for the worst while hoping for the best, to ensure that whoever is chosen can do the least damage. In practical terms that means taking an institutional approach laying down rules and procedures for what can and should happen rather than argue about who is the best person to receive absolute authority.

This would clearly require some thought, but to me the central issue is how to deal with the tricky issue of banning, which I consider to be the intellectual/debating equivalent of violence and therefore unacceptable. Clearly banning posters is warranted in some circumstances for example in the case of genuine trolls without any redeeming qualities. On the other hand banning T2C for using rich language as St Davlon would like to see, or Sprats for making reasoned criticism is not acceptable.

As such it seems to me the focus of attention should be on devising a sensible mechanism for dealing with bannings that provides a transparent mean of appeal; that would require some further thought and as I said I am busy right now, so maybe others have some ideas.

Yaaaay!!!! This thread's gonna run and run...

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Login to get fewer ads

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 10:53 - Sep 2 with 1640 viewsDarran

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 10:52 - Sep 2 by Musical_Swan

That was my first thought too.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 11:52 - Sep 2 with 1586 viewsjackonicko

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 12:45 - Sep 2 with 1544 viewslondonlisa2001

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 10:44 - Sep 2 by Shaky

It's a good job you're busy Shaky otherwise you might have been tempted to write a long post on this matter
Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 13:01 - Sep 2 with 1532 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 12:45 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

It's a good job you're busy Shaky otherwise you might have been tempted to write a long post on this matter

Fair play you waited in the undergrowth patiently, and when your quarry reared his head out you pounce!

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 13:16 - Sep 2 with 1509 viewsJackSomething

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 10:52 - Sep 2 by Musical_Swan

Heh.

Take away his usual hubris in the first and last paragraphs and that was a great post from Shaky.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 13:31 - Sep 2 with 1482 viewslondonlisa2001

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 13:01 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Fair play you waited in the undergrowth patiently, and when your quarry reared his head out you pounce!

Actually it was a coincidence as I hadn't looked at this thread for ages and was reading it in disbelief :-)

I just found Shaky's post amusing (genuinely) and albeit quite long, he made some very valid points I thought.

Shaky and I haven't had a disagreement in many many weeks - I assume one or both of us is feeling unwell !!
Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 14:51 - Sep 2 with 1402 viewsShaky

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 13:16 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

Heh.

Take away his usual hubris in the first and last paragraphs and that was a great post from Shaky.

Evidently one man's hubris is another's irony.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 14:59 - Sep 2 with 1384 viewsJackSomething

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 14:51 - Sep 2 by Shaky

Evidently one man's hubris is another's irony.

If you were being ironic then I'm afraid I missed it.

I should add that I was in the process of writing a reply to the thread you just started when it disappeared. What happened there then?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 15:01]

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:02 - Sep 2 with 1372 viewsDarran

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 14:59 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

I should add that I was in the process of writing a reply to the thread you just started when it disappeared. What happened there then?

Write it in here.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:04 - Sep 2 with 1353 viewsJackSomething

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:02 - Sep 2 by Darran

Write it in here.

Alright.

Basically, I'd be disappointed if T2C was banned (as has been suggested by Shaky), unless he did something I didn't see. As horrific as this thread is, I don't see anything from him specifically that deserves a ban. Not without a few more suffering the same fate.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:06 - Sep 2 with 1345 viewsShaky

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 14:59 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

Chris has just been banned, and my post informing everybody of that was deleted on the non-footy board.

Probably Darran's finger was hovering over the ban button in respect of me, hence my temporary disappearance from time and space.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:12 - Sep 2 with 1319 viewsBaker

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:02 - Sep 2 by Darran

Write it in here.

So you can delete more posts?

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:22 - Sep 2 with 1293 viewsJackSomething

If T2C really has been banned, it would be nice to hear the reason. If it's based on this thread, then he surely can't be the only one as he's not the worst offender.

Sadly this is probably where this thread was destined to end up.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:26 - Sep 2 with 1277 viewsShaky

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:22 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

If T2C really has been banned, it would be nice to hear the reason. If it's based on this thread, then he surely can't be the only one as he's not the worst offender.

Sadly this is probably where this thread was destined to end up.

If this thread is the reason, you only have to scan the header to realise it a rather primitive form of entrapment.

Case dismissed.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:34 - Sep 2 with 1254 viewsJackSomething

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:26 - Sep 2 by Shaky

If this thread is the reason, you only have to scan the header to realise it a rather primitive form of entrapment.

Case dismissed.

Which would be ironic given that perhaps the worst offender in this thread is the poster who wrote the thread header.

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:48 - Sep 2 with 1219 viewsmonmouth

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:34 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

Which would be ironic given that perhaps the worst offender in this thread is the poster who wrote the thread header.

In my view, 'The thread Header' could be applied to quite a few of the contributors on this thread.

T2C, agree or disagree, starts thought provoking football arguments. On a football board. As a general point banning anyone is pretty cowardly isn't it? After all as Phil quite rightly sort of said, it's the constant like for like abusive escalations that cause the issues. No one has to respond, and indeed, no one needed to respond to this thread, and probably shouldn't have. Multiple pages of utter sh1t is the result, which I've just stupidly added to.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:56 - Sep 2 with 1199 viewsMusical_Swan

Let's all laugh at the Agenda Boys on 15:48 - Sep 2 by monmouth

In my view, 'The thread Header' could be applied to quite a few of the contributors on this thread.

T2C, agree or disagree, starts thought provoking football arguments. On a football board. As a general point banning anyone is pretty cowardly isn't it? After all as Phil quite rightly sort of said, it's the constant like for like abusive escalations that cause the issues. No one has to respond, and indeed, no one needed to respond to this thread, and probably shouldn't have. Multiple pages of utter sh1t is the result, which I've just stupidly added to.

I know. Infectious isn't it!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024