Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Crowd Facing LED adverts 20:05 - Aug 30 with 13540 viewsPhil_S

Keen to understand the views of those who were complaining about these last week

Was there improvements in them?
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:32 - Sep 1 with 1930 viewsUxbridge

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:00 - Sep 1 by sa3swan

Quick video showing the view from the front rows of the South Stand.

http://videobam.com/EYpcq

There should be no need for arguments about the ins and outs of health & safety, restricted views etc - these boards just shouldn't be there.

Can you imagine a cinema or theatre putting these things up infront of the paying audience??

Aye, I'd be pretty annoyed if I had that banner running in front of my face during the game. Think we can all appreciate that the club need to try and maximise their commercial income but that shouldn't be at the expense of the fans.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:34 - Sep 1 with 1925 viewsheadcleaner

Its been bothering me all week wondering why I've had the urge to visit the patti Raj twice. First was wednesday and then saturday night. it was the blinking liberty subliminal message service. what else will they be telling us hidden behind the scrolling screens? Eat more kiosk inedible food? drink more rubbish beer out of plastic wobbly cups? football isn't what it used to be.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:23 - Sep 1 with 1870 viewsZut_Alors

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:32 - Sep 1 by Uxbridge

Aye, I'd be pretty annoyed if I had that banner running in front of my face during the game. Think we can all appreciate that the club need to try and maximise their commercial income but that shouldn't be at the expense of the fans.

Can't they just turn them off during the game. Seems the most sensible decision.

I imagine the only issue will be if the club have sold the advertising space on the basis that they'd be on view for the full 90.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:26 - Sep 1 with 1860 viewsUxbridge

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:23 - Sep 1 by Zut_Alors

Can't they just turn them off during the game. Seems the most sensible decision.

I imagine the only issue will be if the club have sold the advertising space on the basis that they'd be on view for the full 90.

Would suggest there's little point in having them at all if they were turned off during the time when people will look in their direction.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:53 - Sep 1 with 1761 viewsStarsky

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 22:23 - Aug 31 by jacksinceever

"2 epileptics in my family"
We are people who have illness - in this case epilepsy - not the condition.
I know you meant no offence, but PC is right to be used here

Don't accuse me of discrimination. Especially in that patronising tone, thankyouverymuch.

Here is a publication from the Daily Mail from today.
The terminology is what I'm highlighting, not necessarily the content...

"Epileptics face discrimination at work
by ANDREA PERRY, femail.co.uk
Britain's many epileptics are regularly discriminated against at work, new research has revealed.
One person in 50 suffers from the condition, which causes the brain's normal electrical activity to be suddenly interrupted, resulting in a seizure or fit.
In many cases it is possible to keep fits under control with drugs and some sufferers can have surgery to ease symptoms but still many bosses are unwilling to employ them.
The survey, conducted by The National Society for Epilepsy, revealed many sufferers do not get past the interview stage of a job once they have mentioned the condition. Others complained they lost their jobs, one their condition was known.
Of the 2,000 epileptics quizzed, 54 per cent felt that they had suffered prejudice at work as a direct result of the condition.
Now the society is set to focus its attention on raising awareness that epilepsy need not be a bar to employment.
Tens of thousands of leaflets will be dispatched to employers, employees and job seekers giving a comprehensive guide to epilepsy and work.
The leaflet will include research showing that on average, the 100,000 people with epilepsy at work have fewer accidents than other employees, take less time off work and have good job loyalty records.
At least 300,000 people in the UK have epilepsy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-21600/Epileptics-face-discrimination-w
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

It's just the internet, init.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 22:16 - Sep 1 with 1692 viewsjacksinceever

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:53 - Sep 1 by Starsky

Don't accuse me of discrimination. Especially in that patronising tone, thankyouverymuch.

Britain's many epileptics are regularly discriminated against at work, new research has revealed.
One person in 50 suffers from the condition, which causes the brain's normal electrical activity to be suddenly interrupted, resulting in a seizure or fit.
In many cases it is possible to keep fits under control with drugs and some sufferers can have surgery to ease symptoms but still many bosses are unwilling to employ them.
The survey, conducted by The National Society for Epilepsy, revealed many sufferers do not get past the interview stage of a job once they have mentioned the condition. Others complained they lost their jobs, one their condition was known.
Of the 2,000 epileptics quizzed, 54 per cent felt that they had suffered prejudice at work as a direct result of the condition.
Now the society is set to focus its attention on raising awareness that epilepsy need not be a bar to employment.
Tens of thousands of leaflets will be dispatched to employers, employees and job seekers giving a comprehensive guide to epilepsy and work.
The leaflet will include research showing that on average, the 100,000 people with epilepsy at work have fewer accidents than other employees, take less time off work and have good job loyalty records.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-21600/Epileptics-face-discrimination-w

Daily Mail - that says it all if you think that a bastion of what is right.
You NEVER call a person "an illness/ condition".
I am not accusing you of discrimination - how or who are you discriminating against?
I am merely pointing out that you are using outdated terminology to describe a person who has a medical condition.
Just like I wouldn't expect you to describe people of different races or creeds by anything less than the politically correct terms, I expect the same respect to be shown to those like myself who suffer from epliepsy.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 22:16 - Sep 1 with 1692 viewsjacksinceever

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:53 - Sep 1 by Starsky

I am not accusing you of discrimination - how or who are you discriminating against?
I am merely pointing out that you are using outdated terminology to describe a person who has a medical condition.
Just like I wouldn't expect you to describe people of different races or creeds by anything less than the politically correct terms, I expect the same respect to be shown to those like myself who suffer from epilepsy.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 23:13 - Sep 1 with 1644 viewsPhil_S

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:00 - Sep 1 by sa3swan

Quick video showing the view from the front rows of the South Stand.

http://videobam.com/EYpcq

There should be no need for arguments about the ins and outs of health & safety, restricted views etc - these boards just shouldn't be there.

Can you imagine a cinema or theatre putting these things up infront of the paying audience??

Thank you - most useful
Login to get fewer ads

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 23:50 - Sep 1 with 1622 viewsHighjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 22:16 - Sep 1 by jacksinceever

Just like I wouldn't expect you to describe people of different races or creeds by anything less than the politically correct terms, I expect the same respect to be shown to those like myself who suffer from epilepsy.

I'm not particularly bothered what they call it but it is rather annoying when people refer to it as a 'disability'.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:21 - Sep 4 with 1489 viewsStarsky

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 22:16 - Sep 1 by jacksinceever

Ok then.
My mother and sister suffer from epilepsy. While I was growing up (early 70s) being the youngest sibling, I regularly had to get help if my sister or mother suddenly collapsed on commencement of a violent uncontrollable fit. No one prepared me for the first fit that I witnessed at 7 years old and I was terrified. I grew up dreading and not knowing if the same fate was destined for me.
After a while I learned to not panic and help my mother during a fit by putting a stick between her teeth to stop her biting her tongue. Over the years I thankfully found that I didn't have it and the modern drugs have eradicated the fits for my mum and my sister.
I mentioned this 'epileptic, terminology to both of them and they were as unfazed as I was about referring to a sufferer as an epileptic.
So, please accept my apologies if any of you younger folk were/are offended by that term. I had no idea. It's never been objected to by my family. I now accept that it's perhaps an unwanted label.

However on the other side of the coin, please accept that I'm not an ignorant chuffer who hasn't experienced and grown up with epilepsy in the family.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 11:23]

It's just the internet, init.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:37 - Sep 4 with 1469 viewsScoobyWho

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 23:50 - Sep 1 by Highjack

I'm not particularly bothered what they call it but it is rather annoying when people refer to it as a 'disability'.

People with severe epilepsy get disability allowances, I'm not sure its a problem. Surely its best to have it firmly in the minds of certain people it is a disability so the recipient doesn't experience disability discrimination ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:06 - Sep 4 with 1440 viewsjacksinceever

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:21 - Sep 4 by Starsky

Ok then.
My mother and sister suffer from epilepsy. While I was growing up (early 70s) being the youngest sibling, I regularly had to get help if my sister or mother suddenly collapsed on commencement of a violent uncontrollable fit. No one prepared me for the first fit that I witnessed at 7 years old and I was terrified. I grew up dreading and not knowing if the same fate was destined for me.
After a while I learned to not panic and help my mother during a fit by putting a stick between her teeth to stop her biting her tongue. Over the years I thankfully found that I didn't have it and the modern drugs have eradicated the fits for my mum and my sister.
I mentioned this 'epileptic, terminology to both of them and they were as unfazed as I was about referring to a sufferer as an epileptic.
So, please accept my apologies if any of you younger folk were/are offended by that term. I had no idea. It's never been objected to by my family. I now accept that it's perhaps an unwanted label.

However on the other side of the coin, please accept that I'm not an ignorant chuffer who hasn't experienced and grown up with epilepsy in the family.

I hope from the tone my last post you could feel that I wasn't slating you or suggesting you're an ignorant chuffer. As for your reference to" you younger folk2 - I wish mate! I won't see 50 again !
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:31 - Sep 4 with 1408 viewsicecoldjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:21 - Sep 4 by Starsky

Ok then.

Nothing to apologize for IMO .

Far too many sensitive souls and people splitting hairs on this forum at times.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:52 - Sep 4 with 1311 viewsjacksinceever

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:31 - Sep 4 by icecoldjack

Nothing to apologize for IMO .

Far too many sensitive souls and people splitting hairs on this forum at times.

Far from sensitive me mate - just stating how I feel.
Oh and don't come between me & Starky - we're sorted!
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:56 - Sep 4 with 1303 viewsPhil_S

Ah yes in amongst all the toys out of pram throwing this week I forgot about the LED screens

Showed Leigh the video that was posted on here (there were two in total) and he has said that the ads will be almost static come the Southampton game and he is confident that they will not interfere with people's enjoyment of the game.

His actual answer was

--
We will be slowing the ads right down so there will be hardly any movement. We haven't started to integrate anything into the crowd facing ref supporter experience yet. i.e. Peoples tweets, competitions etc. This will come eventually once we have sorted the other issues first.
--

Would be keen to understand people's feedback after the Southampton game
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:12 - Sep 4 with 1265 viewsFlashberryjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:56 - Sep 4 by Phil_S

Ah yes in amongst all the toys out of pram throwing this week I forgot about the LED screens

Showed Leigh the video that was posted on here (there were two in total) and he has said that the ads will be almost static come the Southampton game and he is confident that they will not interfere with people's enjoyment of the game.

His actual answer was

--
We will be slowing the ads right down so there will be hardly any movement. We haven't started to integrate anything into the crowd facing ref supporter experience yet. i.e. Peoples tweets, competitions etc. This will come eventually once we have sorted the other issues first.
--

Anything mentioned about the restricted view due to the increase in height of the boards ? they have obviously been raised to make them more visible to people sitting further back, which you can clearly see is the case in the video clip.

I also think he said he would be contacting other clubs that subject fans o this kind of advertising, to see if they have received similar complaints from their fans, although I have my doubts if any other club does this....I may be wrong on this one.

What's all this about tweets, competitions, supporter's experience.... Leigh! FFS we pay to watch a football match not all this sort of sh*te.

Many thanks Phil for the info, very much appreciated.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:36 - Sep 4 with 1253 viewsmonmouth

"What's all this about tweets, competitions, supporter's experience.... Leigh! FFS we pay to watch a football match not all this sort of sh*te."

Absolutely 100%, gold plated this. If the directors think those boards are acceptable and does anything to enhance experience they need to move their seats to be in front of them. If you pay to see a film or a band, you are not distracted during the performance by other stuff, or an obstruction to your vision.

I'm not even affected but I'm genuinely outraged by those videos (I think I'm turning into Mary Whitehouse) and that LD can't seem to see the real issue. It is not about static or moving images other than a sticking plaster solution. It's about watching a game of football without any stupid unnecessary advertising distraction.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 22:08 - Sep 4 with 1227 viewsSwansNZ

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:36 - Sep 4 by monmouth

"What's all this about tweets, competitions, supporter's experience.... Leigh! FFS we pay to watch a football match not all this sort of sh*te."

Absolutely 100%, gold plated this. If the directors think those boards are acceptable and does anything to enhance experience they need to move their seats to be in front of them. If you pay to see a film or a band, you are not distracted during the performance by other stuff, or an obstruction to your vision.

I'm not even affected but I'm genuinely outraged by those videos (I think I'm turning into Mary Whitehouse) and that LD can't seem to see the real issue. It is not about static or moving images other than a sticking plaster solution. It's about watching a game of football without any stupid unnecessary advertising distraction.

What sort of tweets? When someone like Ben returns with Spurs, will they ask for messages to Ben? Darran can tweet "f**k him"

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 14:07 - Sep 5 with 1089 viewssa3swan

Well said Monmouth.

Thanks for raising it with Leigh, Phil, but ffs he should just say "fair cop, that was a mistake, we're removing the boards"

Problem: The boards are a distraction and obscure the view of the pitch for fans in the front rows

Solution: Remove them

Solution is not: Add some more content and make it move a little slower
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 14:19 - Sep 5 with 1074 viewseddie71

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 14:07 - Sep 5 by sa3swan

Well said Monmouth.

Thanks for raising it with Leigh, Phil, but ffs he should just say "fair cop, that was a mistake, we're removing the boards"

Problem: The boards are a distraction and obscure the view of the pitch for fans in the front rows

Solution: Remove them

Solution is not: Add some more content and make it move a little slower

I agree, the boards are a mistake and I am sure that deep down Leigh Dineen knows it but he now feels he is in a corner and is desperately trying to polish this particular turd. Leigh admit you were wrong remove the boards refund the curry house's and lets all move on as part of this great club.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 14:50 - Sep 5 with 1037 viewsFlashberryjack

Good on you Monmouth .. coming from someone that the boards don't affect gives the case for getting rid of them much more validity

For the life of me I can not see how any sane person could even conceive this as being a good idea, or in good taste, and then show such a level of contempt to suggest it's for the supporters match day experience..... absolutely mental....get rid of them Leigh.

Hello

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:40 - Sep 5 with 999 viewsJack_y_Jwc

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:56 - Sep 4 by Phil_S

His actual answer was

--
--

They'll need to sort the wifi out before even attempting to get the tweets on the boards, one will not work without the other

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:58 - Sep 5 with 984 viewssa3swan

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:40 - Sep 5 by Jack_y_Jwc

They'll need to sort the wifi out before even attempting to get the tweets on the boards, one will not work without the other

I'm beginning to fear for Leigh's sanity. Actually I'll reword that, Leigh is being very naive.

The only tweets that fans will post on the crowd facing boards will be 'remove these boards now #cashbeforefans '

But perhaps less politely written...
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:58 - Sep 5 with 983 viewsSpratty

This 100% and the polish a turd and get rid of them so they don't block the view.

Although a cock up not engaging brain in first place or at least consulting, removing them will be a sign of strength not weakness. It will show the fans matter. Because at the moment this makes it seem quite the reverse. Not to mention the stock letter sent out disregarding important health concerns which was shocking.

Although not affected, it does spoil my enjoyment of the game thinking I am OK whilst others for whom like most of us the game and our club is a real passion and something to look forward to, have to instead suffer that flashing monstrosity blocking the view of the game for which they paid.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:33 - Sep 5 with 914 viewsFlashberryjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:58 - Sep 5 by Spratty

This 100% and the polish a turd and get rid of them so they don't block the view.

Although a cock up not engaging brain in first place or at least consulting, removing them will be a sign of strength not weakness. It will show the fans matter. Because at the moment this makes it seem quite the reverse. Not to mention the stock letter sent out disregarding important health concerns which was shocking.

Although not affected, it does spoil my enjoyment of the game thinking I am OK whilst others for whom like most of us the game and our club is a real passion and something to look forward to, have to instead suffer that flashing monstrosity blocking the view of the game for which they paid.

Well said Spratty... the fans that are the most affected by these hideous boards, desperately need the support of the ones only slightly affected or not affected at all.
Otherwise we are well and truly f*cked....thank's to all concerned.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024