Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Crowd Facing LED adverts 20:05 - Aug 30 with 13370 viewsPhil_S

Keen to understand the views of those who were complaining about these last week

Was there improvements in them?
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:30 - Aug 31 with 1500 viewsbarry_island

Perhaps they turn the e cig adverts off in front of the family stand. Can you imagine if the kids wanted Celtic Vapours written on the back of a shirt. There'd be a hullabaloo then.

Remember 10% off for season ticket holders at budget carpets.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:30 - Aug 31 with 1500 viewsShaky

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 23:56 - Aug 30 by Highjack

Epilepsy is in the main completely harmless.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:58 - Aug 31 with 1463 viewss1ackjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 08:30 - Aug 31 by jacksinceever

Apart from to the many that die from the results of seizures every year (imagine you were in a car with me or driving towards me and I had a seizure not so harmless then)

I think in the main people prone to seizures have their driving licences suspended.
That's not the point though and I agree entirely with your sentiment on HJ's post.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:00 - Aug 31 with 1457 viewsJackfath

Is there any evidence that LED advertising hoardings are a definite trigger for an epileptic seizure?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:06 - Aug 31 with 1443 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:00 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Is there any evidence that LED advertising hoardings are a definite trigger for an epileptic seizure?

Flashing lights are a trigger. Not sure about LED but I would imagine so. I have a very very mild case of it. I am 61 and only ever had two fits but one was triggered by being too close to a TV screen. I think differing circumstances affect different folks.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 11:08]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:09 - Aug 31 with 1428 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:06 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

Flashing lights are a trigger. Not sure about LED but I would imagine so. I have a very very mild case of it. I am 61 and only ever had two fits but one was triggered by being too close to a TV screen. I think differing circumstances affect different folks.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 11:08]

Close to a TV screen, presumably indoors is different to advertising hoards outside some distance away.

All this talk of the LED adverts triggering epileptic fits is guff in my opinion until I see some evidence from a health professional stating they are a cause.

Sorry if that offends.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:13 - Aug 31 with 1426 viewsRancid

My mother would have fits even if she went to the cinema with all the bright flashing lights.Thankfully she grew out of them and hasn't had one in 35 years.Back then it wasn't connected to flashing lights and it only became apparent in the last 15 - 20 years.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:26 - Aug 31 with 1400 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:09 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Close to a TV screen, presumably indoors is different to advertising hoards outside some distance away.

All this talk of the LED adverts triggering epileptic fits is guff in my opinion until I see some evidence from a health professional stating they are a cause.

Sorry if that offends.

These lights are 'not 'some distance away' for those in the front row.
Neither of us posses info on whether LED lights trigger fits. I honestly suspect they do.
However if the club has hard evidence they can reassure the punters with epilepsy that any fits they have will not be down to the advertisements.
I don't think you are offending. You are just coming over as bit of an 'I am alright Jack'.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:28 - Aug 31 with 1391 viewsTheArtChappy

If sat close enough people can get fits from bicycle led lights. I was sitting row m Tuesday night and I left feeling ill,I can't say 100 % it was the signs
Bu if I had to sit right in front of them it could have ended up painful for me

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:34 - Aug 31 with 1369 viewsSwansNZ

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:09 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Sorry if that offends.

I think there is a link about this in the LD answers thread

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:38 - Aug 31 with 1348 viewsDyfnant

People should forget any idea of these being switched off, it is not going to happen.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:39 - Aug 31 with 1344 viewsFlashberryjack

As I've said previously, I sit in the front row in the east stand, so probably the worst possible area to be affected by these bloody advertising boards.
I really was dreading being forced, once again, to watch a football match with flashing lights right in my face, especially after enduring the f*cking things in the Burnley game.
In all honesty, they were still very distracting, a bit like a persistent fly buzzing around, which you are unable to swat, having said that, they were not as bad as the Burnley game, when they were intolerable, so there is a little improvement, and I thank the ones responsible for these adjustments, although I still feel that they should be completely removed, and a bit more respect shown to the fans by the board, who seems to have ridden rough shod over their loyal fans in pursuit of a relatively small amount of advertising revenue.

One thing I can't understand, what the hell do the local firms that use this extremely annoying advertising boards, that the club rams into our faces, expect to gain out of this, as surely it's counter productive to their business to anger the very people they hope to become future customers.
For instance, my wife was going shopping for new carpets last week, I told her I couldn't care less what a colour or make she chose, just as long as she didn't buy them from a certain local company.
So that was £300 of business they lost.
Anther local businessman friend of mine was approached by the clubs commercial team, offering him advertising space on these boards, which he declined. I was speaking to him yesterday, and he said how relieved he was that he had declined, as he thought having his companies name on something that was such an annoyance would certainly have an adverse affect on his business , although he didn't put it so politely.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:44 - Aug 31 with 1328 viewsStarsky

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:00 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Any flashing stroboscopic light effect, whether LED or another light source can put an epileptic at risk.
2 epileptics in my family.

It's just the internet, init.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:59 - Aug 31 with 1302 viewseddie71

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:38 - Aug 31 by Dyfnant

People should forget any idea of these being switched off, it is not going to happen.

They would if the club feel they are more trouble than they are worth.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:13 - Aug 31 with 1277 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:26 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

These lights are 'not 'some distance away' for those in the front row.
Neither of us posses info on whether LED lights trigger fits. I honestly suspect they do.
However if the club has hard evidence they can reassure the punters with epilepsy that any fits they have will not be down to the advertisements.
I don't think you are offending. You are just coming over as bit of an 'I am alright Jack'.

Nonsense.

I've stated previously I think they are ghastly and shouldn't be there. However the club aren't going to switch them off during the match are they?! That would mean companies who've spent a fortune placing adverts there would lose out on hitting the audience. Those that are suggesting they're on before and half time and after the match may need to re think the revenue the club would lose out on as no company would advertise during these times of "non - attendance" surely?!

I hear all the people saying their mums, themselves etc feel ill when their on. Yet none have provided me any evidence of papers saying that LED hoardings some distance away from a person could cause a fit.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:17 - Aug 31 with 1243 viewsevanss8

Phil

If you sat in Row A you would not need to ask.

Watch this and tell me what you think.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24p8jp_new-led-signage-at-the-liberty-stadium-
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:19 - Aug 31 with 1238 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:17 - Aug 31 by evanss8

Phil

If you sat in Row A you would not need to ask.

Watch this and tell me what you think.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24p8jp_new-led-signage-at-the-liberty-stadium-

That's crazy.

Thanks by the way. I've just had a seizure.

They should be removed.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:21 - Aug 31 with 1231 viewsGiff

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:13 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Nonsense.

I've stated previously I think they are ghastly and shouldn't be there. However the club aren't going to switch them off during the match are they?! That would mean companies who've spent a fortune placing adverts there would lose out on hitting the audience. Those that are suggesting they're on before and half time and after the match may need to re think the revenue the club would lose out on as no company would advertise during these times of "non - attendance" surely?!

I hear all the people saying their mums, themselves etc feel ill when their on. Yet none have provided me any evidence of papers saying that LED hoardings some distance away from a person could cause a fit.

Why should anyone provide you with evidence? Are you an ambassador for the club?
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:21 - Aug 31 with 1225 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:21 - Aug 31 by Giff

Why should anyone provide you with evidence? Are you an ambassador for the club?

Because I do not take anything anyone says on here at face value.

Do you?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:40 - Aug 31 with 1186 viewsGiff

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:21 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Because I do not take anything anyone says on here at face value.

Do you?

Of course, especially yours.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:50 - Aug 31 with 1165 viewsRancid

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:21 - Aug 31 by Giff

I typed something quite similar to this out but then pulled the plug on submitting it.It wasn't worth giving him the attention.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:55 - Aug 31 with 1158 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:50 - Aug 31 by Rancid

I typed something quite similar to this out but then pulled the plug on submitting it.It wasn't worth giving him the attention.

Attention?

What on earth does that have to do with this?

All I've asked for is some evidence. I have agreed with everyone that they shouldn't be there, I've questioned those who think the club should switch them off when the stands are full.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:57 - Aug 31 with 1149 viewseddie71

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:55 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Attention?

All I've asked for is some evidence. I have agreed with everyone that they shouldn't be there, I've questioned those who think the club should switch them off when the stands are full.

I think your missing the point here Fath. It's up to the club to prove thier safety not the other way round.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:59 - Aug 31 with 1145 viewsRancid

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:55 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Attention?

Why would you even challenge someones concerns that the lights may trigger a seizure? A simple ''hopefully you're all ok and it doesn't come to this'', would suffice.Not you though.YOU demand evidence.

People are concerned about it but that's not good enough for you Matth.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 13:17 - Aug 31 with 1115 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:13 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Nonsense.

There is a post from Starsky above. Someone with first hand experience of it in their family. If there is no evidence that LED lights cause problems then I am sure the installers will provide papers and they may then let you view them.
The onus is on the club and the installers is to provide reassurance. I know I would be seeking it if I was sitting there. It is not as if we can draw on the experience of other users. There are very few installations out there.
Even after only two fits (I was 16 and 53 when they happened) I try to make sure I do not put myself in the same position so they can occur again. If someone has regular fits then even more so.
I had a suggestion on resolving this and nobody commented on it as it was lost at then end of page one btw.
My idea may be nonsense but this thread most certainly is not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024