Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Crowd Facing LED adverts 20:05 - Aug 30 with 13542 viewsPhil_S

Keen to understand the views of those who were complaining about these last week

Was there improvements in them?
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 13:26 - Aug 31 with 1642 viewsHighjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 08:05 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

That's pretty easy to say if you don't suffer from epilepsy I'd imagine.

I do suffer from it though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 13:35 - Aug 31 with 1627 viewsHighjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:00 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Is there any evidence that LED advertising hoardings are a definite trigger for an epileptic seizure?

Absolutely none, there is so much uninformed ignorant bull crap on this thread.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 14:09 - Aug 31 with 1578 viewsDyfnant

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:59 - Aug 31 by eddie71

They would if the club feel they are more trouble than they are worth.

The figures I heard companies are paying for the advertising time, guarantees the club won't turn then off.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:01 - Aug 31 with 1535 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 13:35 - Aug 31 by Highjack

Absolutely none, there is so much uninformed ignorant bull crap on this thread.

Would you care to expand upon the Highjack? As a sufferer you could perhaps throw some more light (pun not intended) on the subject.
This is a genuine question. Thanks.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:08 - Aug 31 with 1529 viewsjackonicko

I sit in the West, so that video is eye-opening (although not for those sitting down the front of the East and South stands, who I imagine have to squint!)

Regardless of medical implications, those screens are pretty distracting for those affected, some of whom will have deliberately picked those seats 10 years ago for the 'best' view. Couple that with those who picked the back row of the South for similar reasons - now partially obstructed by the big screens - and there must be quite a few disgruntled, long term supporters out there.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:40 - Aug 31 with 1499 viewsApeShit

I swear some people are just born stupid.

Photosensitive epilepsy is caused by flashing images, it doesn't matter whether its LED lights or not.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 16:44 - Aug 31 with 1432 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:40 - Aug 31 by ApeShit

Photosensitive epilepsy is caused by flashing images, it doesn't matter whether its LED lights or not.

Causes of Seizures
Although the underlying causes of epilepsy are usually not known, certain factors are known to provoke seizures in people with epilepsy. Avoiding these triggers can help you avoid seizures and live better with epilepsy:

missing medication doses
heavy alcohol use
cocaine or other drug use, such as ecstasy
lack of sleep
other drugs that interfere with seizure medications

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 17:20 - Aug 31 with 1395 viewseddie71

Regardless of whether they trigger epileptic attacks or not. Can we agree they show a complete lack of respect for fans, detract from the matchday experience and need to be removed or at the very least switched off for the legnth of the game.
Login to get fewer ads

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 17:30 - Aug 31 with 1372 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 17:20 - Aug 31 by eddie71

Regardless of whether they trigger epileptic attacks or not. Can we agree they show a complete lack of respect for fans, detract from the matchday experience and need to be removed or at the very least switched off for the legnth of the game.

Have you read the thread?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 17:56 - Aug 31 with 1353 viewseddie71

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 17:30 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Have you read the thread?

I have and unless I am mistaken that would be your view as well.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:02 - Aug 31 with 1340 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 17:56 - Aug 31 by eddie71

I have and unless I am mistaken that would be your view as well.

Of course it would.

I don't think there's anyone saying they should remain is there?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:06 - Aug 31 with 1337 viewsmonmouth

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 17:20 - Aug 31 by eddie71

Detract?? Are you insane. It's enhanced mun. Leigh says so and he wouldn't spin a crap defensive party line. How could being cajoled to buy discounted sh1t carpets at forty zillion dancing volts not enhance your enjoyment of the game? Good grief, some people simply can't be satisfied.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:07 - Aug 31 with 1335 viewsPhil_S

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 12:17 - Aug 31 by evanss8

Phil

If you sat in Row A you would not need to ask.

Watch this and tell me what you think.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24p8jp_new-led-signage-at-the-liberty-stadium-

I dont which is why I asked

But that video was also from the Rotherham game, my question was whether it has improved yesterday
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:13 - Aug 31 with 1324 viewsStarsky

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:07 - Aug 31 by Phil_S

I dont which is why I asked

But that video was also from the Rotherham game, my question was whether it has improved yesterday

Me thinks that any improvement on the boards from the Rotherham game was always going to improve on a game in daylight conditions. Unfair comparison really.

It's just the internet, init.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:16 - Aug 31 with 1314 viewseddie71

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:06 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Detract?? Are you insane. It's enhanced mun. Leigh says so and he wouldn't spin a crap defensive party line. How could being cajoled to buy discounted sh1t carpets at forty zillion dancing volts not enhance your enjoyment of the game? Good grief, some people simply can't be satisfied.

lol In fairness I am having a 60 grand fire alarm system fitted. Even though the missus thinks its overkill in our semi.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:24 - Aug 31 with 1300 viewsPhil_S

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:13 - Aug 31 by Starsky

Me thinks that any improvement on the boards from the Rotherham game was always going to improve on a game in daylight conditions. Unfair comparison really.

The original question was aimed more at the comparison between Burnley and West Brom

I only mentioned Rotherham because I was shown a video from the Rotherham game
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:26 - Aug 31 with 1291 viewsStarsky

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:24 - Aug 31 by Phil_S

The original question was aimed more at the comparison between Burnley and West Brom

I only mentioned Rotherham because I was shown a video from the Rotherham game

Ah.

It's just the internet, init.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:31 - Aug 31 with 1281 viewsHighjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:40 - Aug 31 by ApeShit

Photosensitive epilepsy affects such a tiny minority of sufferers, it's something like 1% of all epilepsy sufferers who's seizures are brought on by sensitivity to light.

But people seem to think that you can sort of catch photosensitive epilepsy by being exposed to flashing light which is definitely not the case if you're not a sufferer already.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 18:31]

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:47 - Aug 31 with 1250 viewsHighjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 15:01 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

Would you care to expand upon the Highjack? As a sufferer you could perhaps throw some more light (pun not intended) on the subject.
This is a genuine question. Thanks.

1. You cannot 'catch' epilepsy from flashing lights. It's far more complex than that. Most people with epilepsy are not affected by lights. It's around 5000 people in the UK, and even then it's rare within those people that lights trigger a seizure.

2. Epilepsy is completely harmless in itself, there is no damage done to your body or your brain, no pain and most seizures last less than a minute. There are potential side issues for example you might hit your head if you fall or you may have saliva fall back down your throat sort of thing but these are rare. Most seizures come and go without incident to health and people learn to live with it. The main problem people feel is embarrassment when it happens in a public place.

3. Someone mentioned lots of drivers suddenly having seizures and crashing killing themselves and loads of people. Absolute bollocks. If you are diagnosed you have your licence suspended and can't drive until you haven't had a seizure in a year.

People should read up on this condition and find out the facts before making assumptions that they could all catch it by sitting by some flashing lights.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:54 - Aug 31 with 1236 viewsdobjack2

I am fortunate in that I don't have to put up with this cr@p whilst watching a game and only have the videos to go on. I do have a number of thoughts and questions that i think need honest answers to. I have read that the boards enhance the match day experience, have our directors explained how they believe that this is the case? Everyone makes mistakes so can they be honest what was the thinking behind this decision and what they thought the lucky fans sitting closest to them might think. i can see that Phil is trying to get constructive feedback but is it now a case of as contracts have been signed they are here to stay? If so how long are they staying? Is this experience scheduled for other parts of the ground? If so is it already too late to oppose?
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:21 - Aug 31 with 1199 viewsanthonyager1

Email from Lucy Norman at Swansea

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for sending that through, it's helpful for us to get a better understanding so we can see for ourselves first-hand the issues supporters are having. We have been speaking with other Premier League clubs where crowd facing LED is used & over the coming weeks, following the supporter feedback, we will be looking at the possibilities of both diming the LED as well as producing a more static image.

Should you find the LED still to be obtrusive in a few weeks' time, once we have made the necessary adjustments, then we would be happy to look into relocating you. In the meantime however, we wish to assure you that we are a club committed to its supporters & take very seriously every comment or complaint, especially where fan welfare is concerned.

Please do not hesistate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Lucy
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:22 - Aug 31 with 1196 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

My epileptic brother and I used to sit in the first row of the lower tier a few years back. We would have a real situation on our hands if we were still there but thankfully we have moved.

I have a solution to this if the club don't play ball ...... Boycott the advertisers and complain to them via their websites, social media etc. that their adverts are having the opposite of their desired effect.
If advertisers knew people hated the fact they are utilising this kind of advertising, they're going to stop.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:22 - Aug 31 with 1195 viewsanthonyager1

It was her response to this email from me

Hi Lucy, my friend and I both have season tickets for Swansea. We sit in row B seats 89 and 90 ( East stand). When we went to the game on Saturday, we found the new advertising boards to be very off putting and obtrusive when trying to watch the game. Will his be a permanent fixture? I personally found it a huge distraction when trying to enjoy the football and can only imagine that when the autumn/winter gets closer, these adverts will be a bigger distraction in the dark.

Is there anything that can be done about it?

Sincerely

Anthony Ager
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:36 - Aug 31 with 1161 viewsSwansNZ

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:21 - Aug 31 by anthonyager1

Email from Lucy Norman at Swansea

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for sending that through, it's helpful for us to get a better understanding so we can see for ourselves first-hand the issues supporters are having. We have been speaking with other Premier League clubs where crowd facing LED is used & over the coming weeks, following the supporter feedback, we will be looking at the possibilities of both diming the LED as well as producing a more static image.

Should you find the LED still to be obtrusive in a few weeks' time, once we have made the necessary adjustments, then we would be happy to look into relocating you. In the meantime however, we wish to assure you that we are a club committed to its supporters & take very seriously every comment or complaint, especially where fan welfare is concerned.

Please do not hesistate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Lucy

Looks to be the standard reply, regardless of what you email them.

Email them and say the LED advertising facing you is great — you’ll probably get the same response.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:40 - Aug 31 with 1157 viewsbermudajack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:23 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

Here is an idea.
Why not get rid of them completely thereby reducing the height of the hoardings. Replace them with conventional advertising boards facing the stands at the back of said hoardings. The same advertisers can use the new space provided.
Result. No flashing lights. The view is improved for those down the front. No loss of revenue and the advertisers actually have an advert that can be seen by all. I sit up the back and I hardly notice the lights let alone read what is on them.
Alternatively I could be missing something here. I am open to correction.
Btw that epilepsy comment is so misinformed it is not true!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 12:59]

Personally I found them a bit annoying last week, but yesterday never noticed them at all, obviously they had been turned down so they were less bright, couldn't tell you if they were even on during the game. I sit row F lower east (6 rows back)

Poll: Priority for new manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024