Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Crowd Facing LED adverts 20:05 - Aug 30 with 13541 viewsPhil_S

Keen to understand the views of those who were complaining about these last week

Was there improvements in them?
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:48 - Aug 31 with 1505 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:47 - Aug 31 by Highjack

1. You cannot 'catch' epilepsy from flashing lights. It's far more complex than that. Most people with epilepsy are not affected by lights. It's around 5000 people in the UK, and even then it's rare within those people that lights trigger a seizure.

2. Epilepsy is completely harmless in itself, there is no damage done to your body or your brain, no pain and most seizures last less than a minute. There are potential side issues for example you might hit your head if you fall or you may have saliva fall back down your throat sort of thing but these are rare. Most seizures come and go without incident to health and people learn to live with it. The main problem people feel is embarrassment when it happens in a public place.

3. Someone mentioned lots of drivers suddenly having seizures and crashing killing themselves and loads of people. Absolute bollocks. If you are diagnosed you have your licence suspended and can't drive until you haven't had a seizure in a year.

People should read up on this condition and find out the facts before making assumptions that they could all catch it by sitting by some flashing lights.

Many thanks for that. I have always avoided flashing lights since my second fit. I know mine were triggered by a TV set in the first instance and dehydration in the second. There is another poster on here who was concerned about his wife and in view of your statistics it is unlikely she has epilepsy of that sort.
Not many are as informed as you Highjack. You would be surprised how little info there is from the NHS.
Severe epilepsy is definitely not harmless however as I have first hand experience of a sufferer of that as well. Hopefully this does not apply here however.
I am grateful for your response. Certainly something to think about.
If you are correct it it would appear that it is just a visual issue we have here and not combined with a medical one.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 19:52]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:27 - Aug 31 with 1461 viewsevanss8

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 18:07 - Aug 31 by Phil_S

I dont which is why I asked

But that video was also from the Rotherham game, my question was whether it has improved yesterday

The adverts and movement appeared to be the same.

Daylight makes them less obtrusive for sure.

Can only imagine the decision to deploy the crowd facing signage was taken by an accountant who does not sit in the east stand.

From the video do you think they enhance our match day experience ?
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:38 - Aug 31 with 1438 viewsHighjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:48 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

Many thanks for that. I have always avoided flashing lights since my second fit. I know mine were triggered by a TV set in the first instance and dehydration in the second. There is another poster on here who was concerned about his wife and in view of your statistics it is unlikely she has epilepsy of that sort.
Not many are as informed as you Highjack. You would be surprised how little info there is from the NHS.
Severe epilepsy is definitely not harmless however as I have first hand experience of a sufferer of that as well. Hopefully this does not apply here however.
I am grateful for your response. Certainly something to think about.
If you are correct it it would appear that it is just a visual issue we have here and not combined with a medical one.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 19:52]

"If you are correct it it would appear that it is just a visual issue we have here and not combined with a medical one."

If you rounded up all the photosensitive epileptics in the entire U.K it would barely fill the Away end at the Liberty.

The chances of anybody having an episode because of advertising boards is incredibly unlikely, but for some reason everyone on here seems to think they are at risk and will call you an imbecile if you don't agree.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:41 - Aug 31 with 1433 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:38 - Aug 31 by Highjack

"If you are correct it it would appear that it is just a visual issue we have here and not combined with a medical one."

If you rounded up all the photosensitive epileptics in the entire U.K it would barely fill the Away end at the Liberty.

The chances of anybody having an episode because of advertising boards is incredibly unlikely, but for some reason everyone on here seems to think they are at risk and will call you an imbecile if you don't agree.

To be fair I think it was your statement that epilepsy is "harmless" that provoked someone to call you an imbecile.

Poll: Tory leader

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:42 - Aug 31 with 1429 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:41 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

To be fair I think it was your statement that epilepsy is "harmless" that provoked someone to call you an imbecile.

To be fair he has a point.

It's the same thing as clapping for "justice for Jeff"

Because someone says it it MUST be true and therefore if you dare question it you are insensitive and a massive bumder.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:46 - Aug 31 with 1430 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:42 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

To be fair he has a point.

It's the same thing as clapping for "justice for Jeff"

Because someone says it it MUST be true and therefore if you dare question it you are insensitive and a massive bumder.

Yes, he has a point about the ads no doubt, but that wasn't the point I was making.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:48 - Aug 31 with 1423 viewsDewi1jack

Phil,
I sit in the East, just a few feet away from the signs (row b level with the away end penalty spot.)
Same place we have sat since the Morfa opened, long before we had these enhancements to make the match day experience more enjoyable.
I don't know how we survived having to watch football without having some ad for E fags or cheap carpets with 10% off for ST holders rammed into my brain
Yesterday I didn't notice them as much, I think they have been dimmed down, but they are definitely not making my "match day experience" (real PR bollox if ever you've heard it) more enjoyable.
If, as the club say, it is to make the match day experience more enjoyable, why aren't the West stand having to put up with these bloody signs?
Boards could stop a couple of feet from the dugout and tunnel area, to allow players access to the pitch.
And as the West don't sing, it would give them something to read through the game, really enhancing their match day experience

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:50 - Aug 31 with 1418 viewsHighjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:41 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

I said 'mainly harmless' I believe which is 100% factually correct.

Of course there are rare instances where a seizure might cause someone to bang their head or to inhale vomit etc but 99.9% of all seizures do not harm someone's health in any way.

If people just read up on this condition there wouldn't be need for these ignorant comments.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:51 - Aug 31 with 1417 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:48 - Aug 31 by Dewi1jack

Phil,
I sit in the East, just a few feet away from the signs (row b level with the away end penalty spot.)
Same place we have sat since the Morfa opened, long before we had these enhancements to make the match day experience more enjoyable.
I don't know how we survived having to watch football without having some ad for E fags or cheap carpets with 10% off for ST holders rammed into my brain
Yesterday I didn't notice them as much, I think they have been dimmed down, but they are definitely not making my "match day experience" (real PR bollox if ever you've heard it) more enjoyable.
If, as the club say, it is to make the match day experience more enjoyable, why aren't the West stand having to put up with these bloody signs?
Boards could stop a couple of feet from the dugout and tunnel area, to allow players access to the pitch.
And as the West don't sing, it would give them something to read through the game, really enhancing their match day experience

TV cameras wont pick up any advertising from the West.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:56 - Aug 31 with 1406 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:38 - Aug 31 by Highjack

Any name calling is not on as far as I am concerned.
Having said that you had a lot to offer this thread but chose to print a couple of one liners which attracted the rudeness.
By your own definition epilepsy is not harmless. A normal fit is very unlikely to cause after effects but the consequences, falls etc certainly can be. A fall at the Liberty can be very nasty. I had one but it was due to celebrating a goal against Cardiff whilst being well bevvied up ;-)
As I said I am grateful for your response but I suspect if you had backed your comment up from the start then I doubt it would it have attracted the reaction that it did :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:05 - Aug 31 with 1384 viewsHighjack

I've been called a lot worse on here over the years in fairness.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:06 - Aug 31 with 1381 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:05 - Aug 31 by Highjack

Haven't we all.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:08 - Aug 31 with 1370 viewsRancid

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:05 - Aug 31 by Highjack

I'm surprised you made such a fuss about it to be honest.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:14 - Aug 31 with 1353 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:08 - Aug 31 by Rancid

Fuss about what? I only made one post in response to Highjack's comment, which he comprehensively trumped me on anyway by virtue of the fact that he does have epilepsy.

Not sure that qualifies as a fuss.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:24 - Aug 31 with 1340 viewsRancid

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:14 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

Fuss about what? I only made one post in response to Highjack's comment, which he comprehensively trumped me on anyway by virtue of the fact that he does have epilepsy.

Not sure that qualifies as a fuss.

Are you on your period, Andrew? I quoted High Jack and the fuss you talk of was aimed at him.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:26 - Aug 31 with 1334 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:24 - Aug 31 by Rancid

Are you on your period, Andrew? I quoted High Jack and the fuss you talk of was aimed at him.

I apologise most profusely. I've no idea what I thought I'd read.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:27 - Aug 31 with 1329 viewsRancid

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:26 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

I apologise most profusely. I've no idea what I thought I'd read.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:42 - Aug 31 with 1285 viewsSwansNZ

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:51 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

TV cameras wont pick up any advertising from the West.

TV cameras in the West will more likely pick up signs actually facing them

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:48 - Aug 31 with 1266 viewsJackfath

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:42 - Aug 31 by SwansNZ

TV cameras in the West will more likely pick up signs actually facing them

Really? Well fuk me would of thunk it.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:49 - Aug 31 with 1256 viewsSwansNZ

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:48 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Really? Well fuk me would of thunk it.

not you obviously

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:50 - Aug 31 with 1251 viewsStarsky

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:49 - Aug 31 by SwansNZ

not you obviously

It's just the internet, init.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 22:16 - Aug 31 with 1210 viewsjacksinceever

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:09 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Close to a TV screen, presumably indoors is different to advertising hoards outside some distance away.

All this talk of the LED adverts triggering epileptic fits is guff in my opinion until I see some evidence from a health professional stating they are a cause.

Sorry if that offends.

I suffered four grand mals as an adult (thankfully over a two year period a few years ago and I have not had an episode sine,. in answer to another poster's thoughts the DVLA are aware and have been given the all-clear to drive, as long as there is no re-occurrence).
One of these was brought on by LED lighting, so I strongly belief I and others who have this condition have a genuine case.
No offence taken. None of us understands the full implications of all conditions.
ME is a prime example
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 22:19]
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 22:23 - Aug 31 with 1197 viewsjacksinceever

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 11:44 - Aug 31 by Starsky

Any flashing stroboscopic light effect, whether LED or another light source can put an epileptic at risk.
2 epileptics in my family.

"2 epileptics in my family"
We are people who have illness - in this case epilepsy - not the condition.
I know you meant no offence, but PC is right to be used here
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 23:13 - Aug 31 with 1148 viewsHighjack

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 21:08 - Aug 31 by Rancid

Not really a fuss. Just correcting your stupidity.

You're welcome by the way.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 10:00 - Sep 1 with 1029 viewssa3swan

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:27 - Aug 31 by evanss8

The adverts and movement appeared to be the same.

Daylight makes them less obtrusive for sure.

Can only imagine the decision to deploy the crowd facing signage was taken by an accountant who does not sit in the east stand.

From the video do you think they enhance our match day experience ?

Quick video showing the view from the front rows of the South Stand.

http://videobam.com/EYpcq

There should be no need for arguments about the ins and outs of health & safety, restricted views etc - these boards just shouldn't be there.

Can you imagine a cinema or theatre putting these things up infront of the paying audience??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024