Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread 07:25 - Sep 1 with 17949 viewsNeath_Jack

Does what it says on the tin.

My prediction.

Bony out.
Sinclair or Ayew in.
Bessone in.
Just miss out on Cork.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 12:14 - Sep 1 with 2327 viewsthomasJack

"I'm hearing that Swansea City still have a strong interest in signing Tottenham full-back Kyle Naughton."

Ian Dennis

BBC Radio 5 live senior football reporter

Poll: Next signing

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 12:15 - Sep 1 with 2315 viewsairedale

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 10:07 - Sep 1 by thomasJack

why has barrow not been announced yet?????

Perhaps the wheel has gone off the deal

Sorry.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 12:23 - Sep 1 with 2275 viewsHuw57

Just got told Sinclair is on his way down, don't know if true or not, probably not.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 12:24 - Sep 1 with 2264 viewsKennedy

Riath Al-Samarrai has been told by a senior member of the Swansea hierarchy that Jose Canas will most likely leave the club today, with Elche and Espanyol two of the three Spanish clubs pursuing the midfielder.
In terms of incoming, Riath reports they are not planning to move for Manchester City's Scott Sinclair or Andre Ayew from Marseille. They want two players but very little progress is being made.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2739246/Transfer-News-DEADLINE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just call me JFK

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 12:28 - Sep 1 with 2224 viewswestside

ex arsenal player on talksport reckons arsenal will get bony for 17 or 18 million
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 12:36 - Sep 1 with 2168 viewsDaithejack

As a side note can we get some chubby chavs with their best Sports Direct gear on down to the Liberty Asap, all the others clubs seem to have them and Amy is on her own down there. I think Newcastle are winning the numpty talking in the background on your mobile deadline day contest so far.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 12:38 - Sep 1 with 2149 viewsC_jack

Lucas Leiva

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:03 - Sep 1 with 1962 viewsSTEVE1

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 12:28 - Sep 1 by westside

ex arsenal player on talksport reckons arsenal will get bony for 17 or 18 million

Was it Adams he is normally p-ssed
Login to get fewer ads

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:08 - Sep 1 with 1918 viewslondonlisa2001

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 12:38 - Sep 1 by C_jack

Lucas Leiva

do you have any foundation for that? The reason that I ask, is that he posted a twitter reply to one of those stupid 'ITK' accounts yesterday (otherwise known as a spotty 14 year old) who had said that he was talking to 2 premier league clubs saying that the bloke / kid was just talking complete crap.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:14 - Sep 1 with 1874 viewsC_jack

Twitter innit
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 13:15]

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:20 - Sep 1 with 1824 viewsSwan91

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:14 - Sep 1 by C_jack

Twitter innit

Would be a weird move I think. Can't really see it happening myself but I could be wrong.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:25 - Sep 1 with 1782 viewsC_jack

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:20 - Sep 1 by Swan91

Would be a weird move I think. Can't really see it happening myself but I could be wrong.

Not at all. Leon is in a bit of a pickle apparently. LL is surplus to requirements at Liverpool. It's a one phone call possibility.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:27 - Sep 1 with 1758 viewsSwan91

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:25 - Sep 1 by C_jack

Not at all. Leon is in a bit of a pickle apparently. LL is surplus to requirements at Liverpool. It's a one phone call possibility.

True I wonder what his wages are. Must be 50K or more a week. If we did get him then our squad would have quite a lot of big names here, and seeing as he played for Liverpool he should be able to fit into our system pretty quickly.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:31 - Sep 1 with 1709 viewskyswans

"BBC Wales Sport: Spanish midfielder Jose Canas is expected to leave Swansea this deadline day with Spanish club Espanyol the likely destination."

Wonder how much.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:32 - Sep 1 with 1702 viewslondonlisa2001

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:14 - Sep 1 by C_jack

Twitter innit

so not really then

unless he has changed position without me noticing, he's not really a right winger or a left back is he?

Although I do have a tiny suspicion that the insistence on position naming may be a smokescreen - who knows. If I had to bet, I'd bet Sinclair and no one. I'm more concerned to be honest to keep Bony today than anything else.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:40 - Sep 1 with 1596 viewsSwan91

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:32 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

so not really then

unless he has changed position without me noticing, he's not really a right winger or a left back is he?

Although I do have a tiny suspicion that the insistence on position naming may be a smokescreen - who knows. If I had to bet, I'd bet Sinclair and no one. I'm more concerned to be honest to keep Bony today than anything else.

Yeah could be a smoke screen. I think I would be happy if we get Sinclair and Naughton today, but would also be happy if leiva came to us aswell. Would definitely be our best squad ever! Plenty of depth and some well known players.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:44 - Sep 1 with 1554 viewslondonlisa2001

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:40 - Sep 1 by Swan91

Yeah could be a smoke screen. I think I would be happy if we get Sinclair and Naughton today, but would also be happy if leiva came to us aswell. Would definitely be our best squad ever! Plenty of depth and some well known players.

we don't normally do smoke screens, but I dod think it's a bit odd that we've been so insistent on saying 'right wing' all the time. It may just be that Monk prefers to be upfront about it, but as I say, I wouldn't be surprised.

It's looking a bit more likely at least that Bony will stay - God I hope so.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:45 - Sep 1 with 1543 viewsthomasJack

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:32 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

so not really then

Wenger is managing a charity match in Rome on deadline day.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/28678010

Poll: Next signing

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:49 - Sep 1 with 1505 viewsShaky

Lucas Leiva never really regained his form after a long term injury but didn't get anything resembling a real run of games since he had slipped well down the pecking order at Liverpool.

Quality player, however. Would love to see him here.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:53 - Sep 1 with 1461 viewsShaky

. . .and I bet Big Phill is kicking himself for not picking him in his world cup squad. They wouldn't have been the pushovers they were with him in the side.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:54 - Sep 1 with 1454 viewslondonlisa2001

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:49 - Sep 1 by Shaky

Lucas Leiva never really regained his form after a long term injury but didn't get anything resembling a real run of games since he had slipped well down the pecking order at Liverpool.

Quality player, however. Would love to see him here.

I agree and I think he would do well for us. I would much prefer to see this than another winger (since I believe that Emnes could cover out wide if necessary). Be surprised if it happens though.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:57 - Sep 1 with 1426 viewsShaky

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:54 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

I agree and I think he would do well for us. I would much prefer to see this than another winger (since I believe that Emnes could cover out wide if necessary). Be surprised if it happens though.

Gerrard is now playing in that position and is the first name on the sheet, and if he is out Joe Allen is preferred.

Lucas needs games, and I can see the logic of this for everybody concerned with Leon out for an unknown period and in any case getting a bit long in the tooth.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:58 - Sep 1 with 1424 viewsSwan91

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:54 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

Emnes could cover winger but I think he will be used as second choice AM and 3rd choice striker aswell possibly. That's why we would need another winger because if emnes gets injured again then that quite a few positions that would need to be covered during his absence.

If we got that winger/striker Ayew then that pretty much has us covering all positions (except full back cover) and would definitely give us more depth.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 14:01 - Sep 1 with 1375 viewslondonlisa2001

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 13:58 - Sep 1 by Swan91

Emnes could cover winger but I think he will be used as second choice AM and 3rd choice striker aswell possibly. That's why we would need another winger because if emnes gets injured again then that quite a few positions that would need to be covered during his absence.

If we got that winger/striker Ayew then that pretty much has us covering all positions (except full back cover) and would definitely give us more depth.

yes but I can't see us spending £5-£6m on him unless it's been in the pipeline for quite a while.

That's the bit actually that I don't understand - if it normally takes lets say a couple of weeks to get contracts etc all agreed, then how can anyone do it today?

In other words, anything that happens today must already be virtually sorted (certainly with the player - possibly just a fee to agree between clubs), so if there has been no contact up to now, then I can't see that anything can feasibly happen (apart from loans).
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 14:07 - Sep 1 with 1318 viewsSwan91

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 14:01 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

yes but I can't see us spending £5-£6m on him unless it's been in the pipeline for quite a while.

That's the bit actually that I don't understand - if it normally takes lets say a couple of weeks to get contracts etc all agreed, then how can anyone do it today?

In other words, anything that happens today must already be virtually sorted (certainly with the player - possibly just a fee to agree between clubs), so if there has been no contact up to now, then I can't see that anything can feasibly happen (apart from loans).

Maybe teams have rejected offers for their players (maybe looking for more money or didn't have enough cover in that position) but have since then felt the need to sell that player. Or a player has felt the need to put in a transfer request and move on.

I'm sure most of the deals have taken weeks to sort out but I wouldn't be surprised if a large percent of transfers today are because teams have looked at all their options and felt to sell players today. It is pretty interesting, but I don't think much about it.

Wasn't Pablo a transfer deadline day signing? And he was about 5.5mill. Not sure how long it took them to sort that out but it could've possibly been a day signing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024