Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread 07:25 - Sep 1 with 17994 viewsNeath_Jack

Does what it says on the tin.

My prediction.

Bony out.
Sinclair or Ayew in.
Bessone in.
Just miss out on Cork.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:02 - Sep 1 with 1808 viewsairedale

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 17:58 - Sep 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Keeping Wilf will mean it's been a great day whether anything else happens or not.

Amy Lewis said he was pulling handbrake turns in the Liberty car park. At least I think that's what she said.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:22 - Sep 1 with 1653 viewsPrivate_Partz

Keeping Wilf will mean it's been a great day whether anything else happens or not.

Can't agree with that one. It is brilliant Wilf is likely to be staying but Gary has said he needs at least two more players. Everyone has stepped up to the plate and performed brilliantly and therefore it will be disappointing if we cannot get the players in that he needs to assist him in his quest.
We are not talking cover here but players who can come straight into the team.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:28 - Sep 1 with 1611 viewsmagicdaps10

Surely they are going to bring in one player!?!?

I don't think the club would be foolish not to actively look to strengthen a squad which Garry has stated is not complete in numbers. Serious questions should be asked if they don't do the necessary and strengthen the squad.

I fully expect the club to get in a couple of players in the coming hours.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:29 - Sep 1 with 1600 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Oh Well, SSN confirm Huw Jenkins has gone home

Thats the end of that then

Surely we wouldn't be blinded by our 3 wins out of 3 ??
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:30 - Sep 1 with 1588 viewsthomasJack

There is good news for Swansea City fans as Amy Lewis reports Wilfried Bony will be staying at the Liberty Stadium. Our reporter has spoken to the striker's agent, who says there have been talks with Tottenham but they fell through and a move to Monaco is also off the cards.

Poll: Next signing

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:33 - Sep 1 with 1562 viewsmagicdaps10

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:29 - Sep 1 by TenkosBlondeWig

Oh Well, SSN confirm Huw Jenkins has gone home

Thats the end of that then

Surely we wouldn't be blinded by our 3 wins out of 3 ??

Seriously!?

That is piss poor! The window closes as 11pm and whilst other clubs are working hard to get deals done, deals can even be sourced at this late time of the day and he has gone home!!

Really showing the dedication in guaranteeing we get the players in that we require................if I was Monk then I would be raving.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:33 - Sep 1 with 1552 viewslonglostjack

Correct - will be the best news of the day for sure !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:35 - Sep 1 with 1537 viewsoldcob

We WILL get injuries, and we WILL get lose of form thats natural. Could have done with a couple to step up IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:38 - Sep 1 with 1498 viewsMagicDaps

I'm happy with the squad, they clearly did attempt to improve the squad but obviously the deals weren't right.

The same people that would be criticizing the club for panic buying in the deadline days of August 2011 and January 2014 are going to be criticizing us for not signing anyone I'm sure.

It was important to keep hold of Wilfried Bony, and we're in a significantly better position now then we would be had we brought in say Sinclair and Kolodziejczak but lost him.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:39 - Sep 1 with 1490 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Looks like we don't need that FB and Winger now

It must be because we are 2nd in the league

Good news about Bony though
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:45 - Sep 1 with 1449 viewsmagicdaps10

If they play on the fact that it turned out to be a good window because we kept Bony on the last day then im sorry to say that they are showing no ambition.

Im happy with the 12/13 players we have in and around the first team but as stated, we will have injuries and suspensions.

Im absolutely disgusted mind that Huw has gone home at this time, anything can crop up in the last few hours.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:46 - Sep 1 with 1442 viewsPedroJack

I reckon Huw hasn't gone home but nipped over to Landore to watch the u21's against Brum. Back just in time to possibly conclude a deal or two!
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:03 - Sep 1 with 1287 viewsPrivate_Partz

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:30 - Sep 1 by thomasJack

There is good news for Swansea City fans as Amy Lewis reports Wilfried Bony will be staying at the Liberty Stadium. Our reporter has spoken to the striker's agent, who says there have been talks with Tottenham but they fell through and a move to Monaco is also off the cards.

Someone is telling porkies then as the club have told BBC Cardiff that there has been no contact.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:07 - Sep 1 with 1262 viewsSwansNZ

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:03 - Sep 1 by Private_Partz

Someone is telling porkies then as the club have told BBC Cardiff that there has been no contact.

maybe it was the agent talking to them.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:10 - Sep 1 with 1241 viewsnyc_swans

if barrow looks the business with the U-21s, maybe he can provide cover for RW in a couple months.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:10 - Sep 1 with 1241 viewsFuggie

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:46 - Sep 1 by PedroJack

I reckon Huw hasn't gone home but nipped over to Landore to watch the u21's against Brum. Back just in time to possibly conclude a deal or two!

How can this be possible.

Surely he should be chained to his desk until 11pm waiting, paying extortionate fees to agents to buy average players at ridiculous prices just to ensure we have the cover in the positions Monk wants. If only someone invented a mobile communications device then I am sure he could watch the u21's playing 10 mins walk down the road and still be able to make deals.

Let's be honest we are all generally happy with our dealings in this transfer window.

Yes we need a LB & possibly another RW. But perhaps, as has happened previously, the players we want were too expensive or think (dare I say it).... okay then... we are a little club [hope there are no redturds around].

I would rather have the squad as it is than buy mediocre players for stupid fees just to fill a gap. We have the cover already who can do the job in the short-term so hope we do not panic buy just to please some supporters.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:11 - Sep 1 with 1229 viewspencoedjack

Diame going to Hull from West Ham

Would of liked him here.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:11 - Sep 1 with 1224 viewsPrivate_Partz

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 18:46 - Sep 1 by PedroJack

Indeed let's not take what SSN say as gospel. Many deals are done very late on.
Having said that there does seem to have been a drip feed to SWEP and SSN suggesting deals are not going well and thereby lowering expectations.
It will be disappointing if nothing materialises.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:11 - Sep 1 with 1220 viewsJonnyTheJack

Not bothered about no one coming in. We have 4 wingers with Emnes coming back.

Tiendalli and Jazz look like they'll be our full backs, Kingsley would do a job for a game or two, too. Would have been nice to get another one in but it's tough to get a player in who was clearly going to be backup to Taylor.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:16 - Sep 1 with 1164 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I don't know about you, but if it stays like this I feel let down on behalf of GM.
It is not as if he has suddenly asked for these players, he has been making the same statements for at least a month.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:24 - Sep 1 with 1107 viewsPacemaker

Its all well and good wanting players but if they dont want to move here there is not a lot the club can do.

GM said he wanted a number of specific players if they are not available for whatever reason then there is not a lot to be done.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:24 - Sep 1 with 1103 viewsnyc_swans

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:16 - Sep 1 by A_Fans_Dad

I don't know about you, but if it stays like this I feel let down on behalf of GM.
It is not as if he has suddenly asked for these players, he has been making the same statements for at least a month.

maybe im misconstruing what you've said, but in fairness to him, he laid out the targets, it was down to the board to tie up the deals and they didn't. says much more about HJ and co than it goes Garry.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:24 - Sep 1 with 1098 viewsPrivate_Partz

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:16 - Sep 1 by A_Fans_Dad

Spot on Dad. He has worked his nuts off and you would hope heaven and earth will be moved to back up his efforts.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:26 - Sep 1 with 1083 viewsnyc_swans

apolgies, i missed your point a_fans_dad.

i definitely agree.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:33 - Sep 1 with 991 viewspencoedjack

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 15:56 - Sep 1 by QuakerJack

Borini to QPR for 13mil

Nice to see QPR doing it all the wrong way again ....

I hope they get relegated
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024