Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Continuing to accumulate points...... 14:40 - Sep 1 with 4279 viewsJethroJack

Chelsea will obviously be quite a challenge.......then we have in Sep/Oct
Saints
(Everton COC)
Sunderland
Newcastle
Stoke
Leicester

Loads of points available there
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 14:44]
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 07:26 - Sep 2 with 1172 viewsSCB1985

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 07:04 - Sep 2 by Johnw102

So much little old Swansea thinking here, first season in PL we were red hot favourites to be relegated, we had a good season and have now had three mid table seasons, time to push on. We have the players, manager and attitude in the team to do it. Top 6 why not, why should we not become a top 4 club? Everton and Spurs are the only top 6 clubs that we have yet to beat. We can live with these clubs so come on more positive thinking and onwards and upwards. Think like you do when getting a BJ from an ugly woman "Look up not down!"

I say I fancy our chaces for top 6 ,but In most things in life you may not reach your target. So we get close and finish 7th or 8th. It's a better attitude than this minimum points we always aim for.

We are sopposed to be an established premier league club, and established clubs should expect survival and aim higher.

We are second in the league. We should have the mind set to maintain this and forget about survival as it isn't a threat. We will loose some but taking a game at a time we will cement our place up there

Poll: whats more important to you

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 07:51 - Sep 2 with 1155 viewscockneyswan

I like ur thinking , I'm going to chelski not expecting anything but didn't expect anything at manure either. However I think comparing celskis form compared to manures this chelski match will give us much more insight to where we really are .
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 08:23 - Sep 2 with 1126 viewsjacksinceever

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 03:01 - Sep 2 by Glyn1

Last season. Away to Chelsea = Lost. Home to Southampton = Lost. Away to Sunderland = Won. Home to Newcastle = Won. Away to Stoke = Drew. So those people who say that we can win most of them may be correct, but we probably won't.

I'd be happy if we got 7 points from those 5 matches. And if we win against Chelsea then I think that I would explode!

Comparing how we did last season makes for interesting what if games but nothing more.
Each match is like a cup match. GM and his staff will plan accordingly.
We lost to Man U twice last season so statistically we should have no chance of winning there.
"Stoke had lost all 12 previous league matches at the Etihad Stadium and Old Trafford" - so statically they were never going to beat Man City last Saturday?
I'm not saying we will win at Chelsea, but based on current form we have a better chance than any of our three previous PL visits there.
Believe ....
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 8:29]
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 08:25 - Sep 2 with 1124 viewsJethroJack

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 03:01 - Sep 2 by Glyn1

Last season. Away to Chelsea = Lost. Home to Southampton = Lost. Away to Sunderland = Won. Home to Newcastle = Won. Away to Stoke = Drew. So those people who say that we can win most of them may be correct, but we probably won't.

I'd be happy if we got 7 points from those 5 matches. And if we win against Chelsea then I think that I would explode!

Last season is irrelevant.......we have a different (and improved) team/squad.

Also, Wilf is still a Jack b'stard.......at least until January.

Its onward & upwards for me
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 08:42 - Sep 2 with 1111 viewsbuilthjack

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 08:25 - Sep 2 by JethroJack

Last season is irrelevant.......we have a different (and improved) team/squad.

Also, Wilf is still a Jack b'stard.......at least until January.

Its onward & upwards for me

I think there's more to come from a few players, Bony, Shelvey, and the recent subs. So if the others maintain their form, who knows how good we can be.
Hope it shuts the doom and gloom people up for a while.
10 points from the next 18 I reckon.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 09:49 - Sep 2 with 1063 viewsmonmouth

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 08:42 - Sep 2 by builthjack

I think there's more to come from a few players, Bony, Shelvey, and the recent subs. So if the others maintain their form, who knows how good we can be.

19 from 9 or 20 from 10 would be a start beyond my wildest dreams. I'll believe that when I see it to be honest. We just don't do things that smoothly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 17:10 - Sep 2 with 984 viewsPlazex

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 08:42 - Sep 2 by builthjack

Are you CRAZY? 3 Wins and a draw? From 18? That is less than 50% points that we could get.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 17:13 - Sep 2 with 980 viewsmonmouth

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 17:10 - Sep 2 by Plazex

Are you CRAZY? 3 Wins and a draw? From 18? That is less than 50% points that we could get.

10 out of 18 is less than 50%?

Login to get fewer ads

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 17:16 - Sep 2 with 976 viewsbuilthjack

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 17:13 - Sep 2 by monmouth

10 out of 18 is less than 50%?

55.55% . I would settle for that.
Back to school for somebody until you can count

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 17:17 - Sep 2 with 975 viewsbuilthjack

Plazex I meant. Not you monmouth

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 17:25 - Sep 2 with 968 viewsPlazex

I thought he meant 10 from 18 games. I am so embarassed right now, I want to go flash my season ticket around budget :l

Poll: Where will we finish?

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 18:18 - Sep 2 with 946 viewsmonmouth

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 17:25 - Sep 2 by Plazex

I thought he meant 10 from 18 games. I am so embarassed right now, I want to go flash my season ticket around budget :l

Fair do's, you were right then, if we get 10 points from 18 games we'll all need our shoelaces and belts removed........

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 18:30 - Sep 2 with 938 viewsperchrockjack

We re disappointed.well shows how far we ve come.

I d have hoped we got a full back in but it ll be fine..

Point v Chelsea is achievable. That ll fern shake them although I expect chelski to storm the title

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 18:41 - Sep 2 with 931 viewsOldjack

Monks attitude towards the big guns is and rightly so fuk em! go and get those points lads !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 19:52 - Sep 2 with 903 viewsperchrockjack

As opposed to ......... Fantastic club and we have a very tough task today

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 21:03 - Sep 2 with 875 viewsandip01

I think the Chelsea game will be a pivotal moment in the season.

Win there and all the boys tails will be up and they will believe that they can beat anyone.
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 05:24 - Sep 3 with 813 viewsJethroJack

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 21:03 - Sep 2 by andip01

I think the Chelsea game will be a pivotal moment in the season.

Win there and all the boys tails will be up and they will believe that they can beat anyone.

Clearly, it won't do any harm to win or draw at the Bridge.
But, equally, I doubt if it will do any real harm to our season if we lose, either.

Chelsea have just tonked Everton 3-6 away in a bit of a "freak" result. If we play like we can, then there's no way that Chelsea will get the freedom they experienced at Goodison Park.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 5:25]
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 10:24 - Sep 3 with 772 viewsStarsky

The only way to look at this is take one game at a time and try and win every game.
The day we go to Chelsea looking for a point will be the day we come back defeated.
Our philosophy should be 3 points or bust for every game. If we only win 1 in 3 it would be enough to keep us up. If we win 2 in 3 then that means a nosebleed as we climb the table much higher than before.

It's just the internet, init.

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 11:58 - Sep 3 with 755 viewsJethroJack

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 10:24 - Sep 3 by Starsky

The only way to look at this is take one game at a time and try and win every game.
The day we go to Chelsea looking for a point will be the day we come back defeated.
Our philosophy should be 3 points or bust for every game. If we only win 1 in 3 it would be enough to keep us up. If we win 2 in 3 then that means a nosebleed as we climb the table much higher than before.

You're quite right, the sensible approach is to "take one game at a time & go for it" (unless you're ML & playing "big" teams).

However, extending the anticipation to beyond the next game (maybe next 5 games?) is hard to resist & a lot of fun.......especially when we're doing so well
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 20:37 - Sep 3 with 717 viewsStarsky

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 11:58 - Sep 3 by JethroJack

You're quite right, the sensible approach is to "take one game at a time & go for it" (unless you're ML & playing "big" teams).

However, extending the anticipation to beyond the next game (maybe next 5 games?) is hard to resist & a lot of fun.......especially when we're doing so well

Absolutely.
I want to win every game. There I said it.

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:33 - Sep 3 with 695 viewsJethroJack

You've stated the bleeding obvious there, but I know what you mean.......let's win all the COC & FAC games too, shall we?
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:46 - Sep 3 with 687 viewsStarsky

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:33 - Sep 3 by JethroJack

You've stated the bleeding obvious there, but I know what you mean.......let's win all the COC & FAC games too, shall we?

Yes & yes.
FA cup run is what I want to see

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:47 - Sep 3 with 684 viewsSwansNZ

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:46 - Sep 3 by Starsky

Yes & yes.
FA cup run is what I want to see

only if we win the final tho' - else, why bother
question mark

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:50 - Sep 3 with 682 viewsStarsky

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:47 - Sep 3 by SwansNZ

only if we win the final tho' - else, why bother
question mark

When have we ever lost at the new Wembley?

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:06 - Sep 3 with 675 viewsSwansNZ

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:50 - Sep 3 by Starsky

When have we ever lost at the new Wembley?

Ok, so as long as we get to the final, or even semi-final now - we'd be home and dry.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024