Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Established Premier League Club 17:52 - Sep 1 with 3127 viewsSgorioFruit

Are we established? If not when will we be established? And what do we have to do to get established? Another 4 seasons in the prem and then we are established?

Anyone shed any light on establishment?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Established Premier League Club on 00:34 - Sep 2 with 687 viewsjackforever

Biggest load of old bollucks ever. If west ham, newcastle man city and leeds can get relegated so can we at any time. Fulham 13 years in top flight, european final and look at them now. Take it season by season and live within your means.
Established Premier League Club on 00:37 - Sep 2 with 686 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Established Premier League Club on 00:19 - Sep 2 by Banosswan

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/all-time-table/pl-ye

We need to move up this table. We could go down next year and we would be just remembered as a flash in the pan.

Charlton etc are still well ahead of us, we have years to go before we're ' established '.

Charlton are still well ahead of us? I bet you theirs fans would swap places with us any day of the week. Or am I whooooshed?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Established Premier League Club on 00:38 - Sep 2 with 681 viewsBanosswan

Established Premier League Club on 00:37 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Charlton are still well ahead of us? I bet you theirs fans would swap places with us any day of the week. Or am I whooooshed?

Read the table, they were much more established than we are now

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Established Premier League Club on 00:47 - Sep 2 with 675 viewsSwansNZ

Established Premier League Club on 00:19 - Sep 2 by Banosswan

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/all-time-table/pl-ye

We need to move up this table. We could go down next year and we would be just remembered as a flash in the pan.

Charlton etc are still well ahead of us, we have years to go before we're ' established '.

cardiff at the bottom

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Established Premier League Club on 00:52 - Sep 2 with 666 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Established Premier League Club on 00:38 - Sep 2 by Banosswan

Read the table, they were much more established than we are now

The big difference that can be easy to overlook between us and other teams is that we've had such consistency of thought, methodology, philosophy and an unique style of play that also protects our goal difference so we've never had a bad GD since we've been in the PL (in general context).

Therefore with good creative play we were never really going to struggle.

Not only have we won a major trophy but we've also impressed greatly in Europe. Could Charlton have done the same? Charlton we're also rans as we are but we always seem to improve. This season could be our greatest ever, who knows?

And I haven't looked at the table. No need.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Established Premier League Club on 02:32 - Sep 2 with 643 viewsGlyn1

Post deleted, because I realised I was talking crap. Mods, please delete it.

So, I'll stick this here in the meantime: http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/about.html
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 2:53]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Established Premier League Club on 06:01 - Sep 2 with 617 viewsphact0rri

I just dream of the day I can find a swans jersey at a US distributor. Even the Scum are available from US sports stores.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Established Premier League Club on 06:32 - Sep 2 with 613 viewsSwansNZ

Established Premier League Club on 06:01 - Sep 2 by phact0rri

I just dream of the day I can find a swans jersey at a US distributor. Even the Scum are available from US sports stores.

http://www.swansdirect.com/store/

The club shop ships abroad, and as you would be VAT (tax) exempt, this would cover the shipping costs.

Login to get fewer ads

Established Premier League Club on 21:10 - Sep 2 with 568 viewsOldjack

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/02/latest-swansea-city-news-giggs-comment

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Established Premier League Club on 21:30 - Sep 2 with 555 viewslonglostjack

Established Premier League Club on 06:01 - Sep 2 by phact0rri

Direct sales to outlets is also crucial. It's called impulse buying - get a deal with a Spanish and Turkish distributor going for next summer for example.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Established Premier League Club on 03:12 - Sep 3 with 527 viewsphact0rri

Established Premier League Club on 21:30 - Sep 2 by longlostjack

Direct sales to outlets is also crucial. It's called impulse buying - get a deal with a Spanish and Turkish distributor going for next summer for example.

I agree.... its very hard to support a brand and we should be trying to spread our brand... when its 15-25 pound for shipping tardiff outside of the UK.

I don't mind spending a little extra, but when shipping is more than the shirt its really counter productive. I tend to just shop ebay or beg family in wales to help me out.

Established Premier League Club on 03:22 - Sep 3 with 522 viewsSwansNZ

Established Premier League Club on 03:12 - Sep 3 by phact0rri

I agree.... its very hard to support a brand and we should be trying to spread our brand... when its 15-25 pound for shipping tardiff outside of the UK.

I don't mind spending a little extra, but when shipping is more than the shirt its really counter productive. I tend to just shop ebay or beg family in wales to help me out.

Agree, they should open up their market, and allow them to be sold outside the club shop.

If you buy the shirt with PL badges, it's £53. As you are overseas, you don’t pay VAT, so save nearly £9 of that (£44.17), which in effect brings your shipping down from £15 to £6.17. Buy something else, and basically shipping is free.

Established Premier League Club on 06:34 - Sep 3 with 499 viewsphact0rri

Established Premier League Club on 03:22 - Sep 3 by SwansNZ

Agree, they should open up their market, and allow them to be sold outside the club shop.

If you buy the shirt with PL badges, it's £53. As you are overseas, you don’t pay VAT, so save nearly £9 of that (£44.17), which in effect brings your shipping down from £15 to £6.17. Buy something else, and basically shipping is free.

Yeah I understand what you say... its all about planning and trying for the best. and I have no problem paying a little extra for my club. However, it is a little annoying when Championship clubs like Reading or Wycombe can be purchased for a fraction of that. :)

Established Premier League Club on 08:00 - Sep 3 with 476 viewsjacksinceever

Established Premier League Club on 03:22 - Sep 3 by SwansNZ

I don't understand why we don't sell shirts and souvenirs from previous seasons through outlets like Sportsdirect to get ourselves more widely known as a brand
Established Premier League Club on 08:05 - Sep 3 with 472 viewsDr_Winston

Established Premier League Club on 08:00 - Sep 3 by jacksinceever

I don't understand why we don't sell shirts and souvenirs from previous seasons through outlets like Sportsdirect to get ourselves more widely known as a brand

Because our commercial department is a shambles run by amateurs?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Established Premier League Club on 08:25 - Sep 3 with 443 viewsWarwickHunt

Established Premier League Club on 21:30 - Sep 2 by longlostjack

You can probably buy fakes in Turkey already.
Established Premier League Club on 08:36 - Sep 3 with 432 viewswaynekerr55

Established Premier League Club on 08:25 - Sep 3 by WarwickHunt

You can probably buy fakes in Turkey already.

Yes, they'll be located next to the Ray's Bands sunglasses

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Established Premier League Club on 08:40 - Sep 3 with 427 viewsWarwickHunt

Established Premier League Club on 08:36 - Sep 3 by waynekerr55

Yes, they'll be located next to the Ray's Bands sunglasses

I actually saw a pair of Ray Benn Wayfarers for sale in Turkey.

Outstanding.
Established Premier League Club on 08:42 - Sep 3 with 423 viewsLord_Bony

It s daft you walk in any sports direct store in wales and see lots of prem league club shirts there all except for Swansea...

What s going on??surely the club realise the potential for more sales and brand exposure and a new fan base from these kind of outlets?? They would sell big time.

I agree the merchandising dept of the club needs a major shakeup and put someone in charge who KNOWS what branding and sales volume is all about....grr
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 8:42]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Established Premier League Club on 08:51 - Sep 3 with 405 viewswaynekerr55

Established Premier League Club on 08:42 - Sep 3 by Lord_Bony

It s daft you walk in any sports direct store in wales and see lots of prem league club shirts there all except for Swansea...

What s going on??surely the club realise the potential for more sales and brand exposure and a new fan base from these kind of outlets?? They would sell big time.

I agree the merchandising dept of the club needs a major shakeup and put someone in charge who KNOWS what branding and sales volume is all about....grr
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 8:42]

That would imply that they knew that the marketing mix wasn't something that you used to be able to buy in the sweet section of Woolworths.

Rome wasn't built in a day n all that

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Established Premier League Club on 09:00 - Sep 3 with 400 viewsLord_Bony

Established Premier League Club on 08:51 - Sep 3 by waynekerr55

That would imply that they knew that the marketing mix wasn't something that you used to be able to buy in the sweet section of Woolworths.

Rome wasn't built in a day n all that

Lol
Yeah but 4 campaigns into the prem you d think you d be able to at least buy a wristband or pair of socks/underpants etc as official SCFC merchandise in sports direct...how many more years is it going to take before they wise up I wonder....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Established Premier League Club on 09:34 - Sep 3 with 374 viewsmonmouth

Clubs like us are never really established though are they? Coventry, Bolton, Leeds, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday and United probably all thought themselves bulletproof. Have to keep fighting and overachieving, it only takes one bad season or poor team and kaput.

Having said that, the sheer money for premier survival now will end up pricing out championship clubs, even those with parachutes. So keep it going for a few years and it may effectively become a closed shop for 12-15 clubs, of which we could be one. How we maintain interest then is in itself a thought-provoking question. Think how boring, quiet and emotionally uninvolving the home games have been after we have guaranteed our safety in the last three seasons. Or maybe that's just me out on my own.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Established Premier League Club on 09:34 - Sep 3 with 372 viewsScoobyWho

Established Premier League Club on 09:00 - Sep 3 by Lord_Bony

Lol
Yeah but 4 campaigns into the prem you d think you d be able to at least buy a wristband or pair of socks/underpants etc as official SCFC merchandise in sports direct...how many more years is it going to take before they wise up I wonder....

They sell MK Dons tops.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Established Premier League Club on 09:48 - Sep 3 with 358 viewsPrivate_Partz

Established Premier League Club on 08:05 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

Because our commercial department is a shambles run by amateurs?

I have said it for a while. We have an enthusiastic commercial dept but they lack expertise and the capability of looking at other organisations and thinking outside the box. They have done the job when no one else wanted it. It is time for a change and someone with the necessary abilities brought in.
I am not asking for heads to roll btw. I am sure there is enough work for the existing staff regardless.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Established Premier League Club on 09:52 - Sep 3 with 356 viewsCatullus

Established Premier League Club on 09:34 - Sep 3 by monmouth

Clubs like us are never really established though are they? Coventry, Bolton, Leeds, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday and United probably all thought themselves bulletproof. Have to keep fighting and overachieving, it only takes one bad season or poor team and kaput.

Having said that, the sheer money for premier survival now will end up pricing out championship clubs, even those with parachutes. So keep it going for a few years and it may effectively become a closed shop for 12-15 clubs, of which we could be one. How we maintain interest then is in itself a thought-provoking question. Think how boring, quiet and emotionally uninvolving the home games have been after we have guaranteed our safety in the last three seasons. Or maybe that's just me out on my own.

Your not on your own.

It's why lower league was often fun, we had something to play for most seasons. Even when we were pure rubbish, we had the relegation battle to occupy us!!

So we have to grow. We have to be looking for a cup run every season. Some people may be happy with a constant stream of "nothing to play for" seasons. But I wouldn't.

The money is causing more problems than it's fixing. it's not right that promoted clubs face a real uphill struggle (disproportionately so, to promotion from other divisions) because of the money.
Funds need to be spread out across the divisions to make English football stronger across the whole league.
Many clubs are in a cycle of debt-cva and/or-new owner-debt that needs to be broken.

Only Liverpool, Everton, Manc Citeh+ United, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea are really established, maybe Newcastle too. The rest of us all have survival as our first battle.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024