Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. 23:15 - Sep 1 with 2699 viewsmagicdaps10

Cheikh Gueye

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheikh_Gueye

John Goosens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Goossens

Sotiris Ninis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sotiris_Ninis

Vladimir Koman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Koman

Albin Ebondo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albin_Ebondo

Christian Poulsen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Poulsen

Andrea Dossena

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Dossena

Roland Lamah :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Lamah

Otman Bakkal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otman_Bakkal

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 23:17 - Sep 1 with 2297 viewsSwan91

Did Lamah ever play RW? Don't think he did. I have always thought that Lamah was treated unfairly mainly because he played pretty well most of the times he started but wasn't chosen for more games.

Btw I like the look of Sotiris Ninis. Looks like an alright player.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 23:20]
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:03 - Sep 2 with 2062 viewsmagicdaps10

Lamah played out left. The squad is very thin and im sure we will be hearing the free agent word in a few weeks or months at latest.

If we have no injuries then we will get through ok but the club have taken a big gamble with not strengthening the squad.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:18 - Sep 2 with 2017 views1jack

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:03 - Sep 2 by magicdaps10

Lamah played out left. The squad is very thin and im sure we will be hearing the free agent word in a few weeks or months at latest.

If we have no injuries then we will get through ok but the club have taken a big gamble with not strengthening the squad.

I don't believe the club have taken a big gamble not signing any more players, it's just the ones we wanted didn't come here for one reason or another any we didn't go out and panic buy. Not a bad thing in my humble opinion.
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:32 - Sep 2 with 1979 viewsSwansNZ

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:18 - Sep 2 by 1jack

I don't believe the club have taken a big gamble not signing any more players, it's just the ones we wanted didn't come here for one reason or another any we didn't go out and panic buy. Not a bad thing in my humble opinion.

Exactly. Buy players you really want, not just squad fillers, because they are available.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:43 - Sep 2 with 1941 viewsJackSomething

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:32 - Sep 2 by SwansNZ

Exactly. Buy players you really want, not just squad fillers, because they are available.

Exactly. If the likes of MD10 had their way, we'd have a squad full of Lita, Vasquez, Lamah type players.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:47 - Sep 2 with 1933 viewsPrivate_Partz

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:18 - Sep 2 by 1jack

Well it is a bit of a gamble as we will have to go for free agent players if injuries hit. Our squad is now two short of players who not only provide cover but can go straight into the first team. We have gambled before and it has paid off. This is less if a gamble so we may not have to revert to looking for free agents. It would not surprise me if loans come in and certainly there could be more action during the next transfer window.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:51 - Sep 2 with 1909 viewsSTEVE1

I don't believe we have any spaces left in the 25 man squad you are not allowed to leave spaces empty for free agents.
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:54 - Sep 2 with 1898 viewseverytimeref

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:47 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

Well it is a bit of a gamble as we will have to go for free agent players if injuries hit. Our squad is now two short of players who not only provide cover but can go straight into the first team. We have gambled before and it has paid off. This is less if a gamble so we may not have to revert to looking for free agents. It would not surprise me if loans come in and certainly there could be more action during the next transfer window.

Except that as we are Premier League club we cannot loan players outside the transfer window. So no loans can come in till January - unless it's an emergency like not having a goalkeeper fit to play.
Login to get fewer ads

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:56 - Sep 2 with 1887 viewsPrivate_Partz

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:54 - Sep 2 by everytimeref

Except that as we are Premier League club we cannot loan players outside the transfer window. So no loans can come in till January - unless it's an emergency like not having a goalkeeper fit to play.

Thanks for that. I sit corrected.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:58 - Sep 2 with 1871 viewsPrivate_Partz

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:51 - Sep 2 by STEVE1

I don't believe we have any spaces left in the 25 man squad you are not allowed to leave spaces empty for free agents.

So we could have brought in signings but we cannot bring in free agents? Or have we failed to ship out enough players as well as bringing them in? Apologies for this. I am a dunce in this area :-)
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 9:03]

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:03 - Sep 2 with 1850 viewsJackSomething

Are you sure about that? If that's right, how did we sign Dwight two years ago?

Edit: Just checked, we only named 22 players last season, so you can leave spaces.

Second edit: Apologies, you may well be right. Just had a quick look at our squad and looks like we do have 25 players who are over the age limit.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 9:11]

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:07 - Sep 2 with 1836 viewsSTEVE1

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 08:58 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

So we could have brought in signings but we cannot bring in free agents? Or have we failed to ship out enough players as well as bringing them in? Apologies for this. I am a dunce in this area :-)
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 9:03]

You can bring in as many signings as you like up to deadline. After that you name your 25 man squad you do not have to include players under 21 on 1 St January of that season.In the past we have only had 22/23 players this year I have a feeling we may have our full 25 you are not allowed to leave gaps and the players would have had to leave by last night. So somebody like Tate who is no use to us at all could potentially stop us bringing in a free agent if we have our 25
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:12 - Sep 2 with 1815 viewsSwansNZ

We don't have 25, do we?
List please

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:15 - Sep 2 with 1798 viewsPrivate_Partz

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:12 - Sep 2 by SwansNZ

We don't have 25, do we?
List please

I must admit I thought that was the case. I thought it was 25 with Tatey and Canas in the squad. Even slightly below that number.

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:20 - Sep 2 with 1782 viewsSTEVE1

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:12 - Sep 2 by SwansNZ

We don't have 25, do we?
List please

I am not sure but I think we have a few who used to be under 21 are now past the age example Cornell and Lucas for a year when Monk is saying we are short of numbers I think it may be the 1st time we have no room for free agents.surly we could have got a few out on loan and paid off tate
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:25 - Sep 2 with 1766 viewsJackSomething

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:20 - Sep 2 by STEVE1

I am not sure but I think we have a few who used to be under 21 are now past the age example Cornell and Lucas for a year when Monk is saying we are short of numbers I think it may be the 1st time we have no room for free agents.surly we could have got a few out on loan and paid off tate

Fabianski
Amat
Taylor
Ki
Tate
Ash
Britton
Shelvey
Bony
Emnes
Dyer
Cornell
Carroll
Routledge
Gomis
Tiendalli
Montero
Rangel
Gylfi
Tremmel
Bartley
Obeng
Jazz
Fernandez
Donnelly

All of those are over the age limit and I put that at 25.

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:34 - Sep 2 with 1736 viewsSTEVE1

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:25 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

Fabianski
Amat
Taylor
Ki
Tate
Ash
Britton
Shelvey
Bony
Emnes
Dyer
Cornell
Carroll
Routledge
Gomis
Tiendalli
Montero
Rangel
Gylfi
Tremmel
Bartley
Obeng
Jazz
Fernandez
Donnelly

Thanks for that I think you can add Barrow he is 22 shortly so we would have to leave one out all together more than likely Tate or Obeng we can still ship out on lone but their space cannot be replaced by free agents I think this is poor from a swans point of view because some on that list you would not have cutting the grass.
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 10:13 - Sep 2 with 1662 viewsSwan91

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:34 - Sep 2 by STEVE1

Thanks for that I think you can add Barrow he is 22 shortly so we would have to leave one out all together more than likely Tate or Obeng we can still ship out on lone but their space cannot be replaced by free agents I think this is poor from a swans point of view because some on that list you would not have cutting the grass.

I thought that you had to submit a minimum of 22 players and a maximum of 25. If that's true we could've not registered Tate (I think he's injured for a while) and obeng (will probably be loaned out again) which would leave us with 2 spaces for free transfers surely.

Also a player has to be 21 or under at a certain time so even if barrow is 22 soon he still is classed as the 21 and under player who doesn't need to be registered because he was 21 at that time.

Anyway I disagree I think that list looks pretty good except for the 2 I mentioned (I'm hoping I'm right that they didn't get picked)
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 10:15]
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 10:30 - Sep 2 with 1625 viewsSTEVE1

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 10:13 - Sep 2 by Swan91

I thought that you had to submit a minimum of 22 players and a maximum of 25. If that's true we could've not registered Tate (I think he's injured for a while) and obeng (will probably be loaned out again) which would leave us with 2 spaces for free transfers surely.

Also a player has to be 21 or under at a certain time so even if barrow is 22 soon he still is classed as the 21 and under player who doesn't need to be registered because he was 21 at that time.

Anyway I disagree I think that list looks pretty good except for the 2 I mentioned (I'm hoping I'm right that they didn't get picked)
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 10:15]

The 21 rule is you have the under 21 on 1st January of that year so barrrow would have had to been 20. Not sure what you mean of minimum 22 there is no minimum you obviously have to be able to field a team but all signed on players need to be in your 25 and the only a way around it is to de register them to late for that or if you have more than 25.it does not matter if players are injured
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 19:16 - Sep 4 with 1342 viewsbargoedjack

Interesting to see John Goossens on the list ... we were after him before he went to Feyenoord weren't we?
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 19:50 - Sep 4 with 1284 viewstomdickharry

Think all this 25 squad etc is a load of rubbish,we are a Limited Company can employ who and as many employees as we like.Same as the tf window a charade.
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 19:51 - Sep 4 with 1277 viewsJackfath

Besic

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 19:52 - Sep 4 with 1275 viewsSTEVE1

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 19:50 - Sep 4 by tomdickharry

Think all this 25 squad etc is a load of rubbish,we are a Limited Company can employ who and as many employees as we like.Same as the tf window a charade.

And we have we now have players we are paying who we can't play even if we wanted to.
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 23:21 - Sep 4 with 1147 viewsforkbeard

Wasn't Goosens linked with us a lot prior to his move to Feyenoord?
Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 11:32 - Sep 5 with 962 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Free Agent options when/if injuries occur. on 09:25 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

Fabianski
Amat
Taylor
Ki
Tate
Ash
Britton
Shelvey
Bony
Emnes
Dyer
Cornell
Carroll
Routledge
Gomis
Tiendalli
Montero
Rangel
Gylfi
Tremmel
Bartley
Obeng
Jazz
Fernandez
Donnelly

If they are all over the age limit how are Amat & Carrol eleigible to play in their under 21 International squads?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024