Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These "Deadline Day" extensions? 00:10 - Sep 2 with 1635 viewsscottishjack

Is it just that SKY didn't get the headlines they wanted? And now they are scrambling around trying to make it all sound very exciting?

To be honest, I'm glad we haven't had any dramas today, it shows that we had the bulk of our business done in good time without any panic. This "Deadline Day" thing is a media created farce...
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:12 - Sep 2 with 1375 viewsBanosswan

I dunno. Falcao still hasn't been unveiled though and that would scupper the welbeck deal

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:13 - Sep 2 with 1361 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

No. This has happened for as long as I can remember.

While it's been a poor deadline day for Swansea, the transfer window as a whole has been okay. We've lost a significant amount of first team players but we've replaced most adequately.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:14 - Sep 2 with 1367 viewsHighjack

Wasn't there a deadline day in recent times where we announced a signing the day after?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:14 - Sep 2 with 1363 viewsscottishjack

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:12 - Sep 2 by Banosswan

I dunno. Falcao still hasn't been unveiled though and that would scupper the welbeck deal

Jim White would need new pants if he has any "news" to report on that one!
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:16 - Sep 2 with 1355 viewsscottishjack

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:14 - Sep 2 by Highjack

Wasn't there a deadline day in recent times where we announced a signing the day after?

David Egdar wasn't it? And then it turned out we hadn't signed him after all?
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:16 - Sep 2 with 1350 viewslifelong

I agree.

Transfer business should be done in the close season, once the season kicks off that's it.
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:17 - Sep 2 with 1344 viewsHighjack

I'm not sure, something in the back of my mind is telling me there was one that signed, but they were waiting for international clearance before announcing it or something to that effect.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:21 - Sep 2 with 1321 viewslondonlisa2001

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:13 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

While it's been a poor deadline day for Swansea, the transfer window as a whole has been okay. We've lost a significant amount of first team players but we've replaced most adequately.

give it a rest Dwight. Poor deadline day? We've ended the day with Bony - ask any Arsenal or Spurs fan what they would think of that.

And, a well run club doesn't make huge signings on the last day - that is the sign of a badly run, badly organised shambles paying over the odds for players to appease their fans despite them not being in the positions where such a club is weak. Remind you of anyone at all?? Vive la revolution eh ....
Login to get fewer ads

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:25 - Sep 2 with 1298 viewsBanosswan

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:21 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

give it a rest Dwight. Poor deadline day? We've ended the day with Bony - ask any Arsenal or Spurs fan what they would think of that.

And, a well run club doesn't make huge signings on the last day - that is the sign of a badly run, badly organised shambles paying over the odds for players to appease their fans despite them not being in the positions where such a club is weak. Remind you of anyone at all?? Vive la revolution eh ....

Give him a break Lisa, that's positively positive for him!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:29 - Sep 2 with 1286 viewsSwansNZ

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:13 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Frankly, I think it’s clubs that do business on the last day who are doing poor business. Window is open for 3 months and they go crazy on the last day/hour, which is 3 weeks into the season.

Madness.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:33 - Sep 2 with 1269 viewsdeanscfc

We kept Bony which is the main thing but its poor from the point of view that Monks 2-3 new signings didn't happen. Injuries will see us very light in midfield and at fullback.
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:34 - Sep 2 with 1263 viewslondonlisa2001

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:29 - Sep 2 by SwansNZ

Frankly, I think it’s clubs that do business on the last day who are doing poor business. Window is open for 3 months and they go crazy on the last day/hour, which is 3 weeks into the season.

Madness.

exactly - it's the same clubs every time - QPR, Cardiff, Hull have joined in the madness. Man Utd desperately trying to do stuff because they're crapping themselves.

It's interesting though that some of the 'big' deals didn't happen even involving the nut cases this time. Can only imagine what Borini was asking for if QPR wouldn't agree to it !

Even more interesting in some ways that the 2 teams at the top of the table (lol) haven't signed anyone today - perhaps that's why we (and Chelsea) have started well - proper planning.
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:36 - Sep 2 with 1256 viewsscottishjack

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:34 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

exactly - it's the same clubs every time - QPR, Cardiff, Hull have joined in the madness. Man Utd desperately trying to do stuff because they're crapping themselves.

It's interesting though that some of the 'big' deals didn't happen even involving the nut cases this time. Can only imagine what Borini was asking for if QPR wouldn't agree to it !

Even more interesting in some ways that the 2 teams at the top of the table (lol) haven't signed anyone today - perhaps that's why we (and Chelsea) have started well - proper planning.

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:37 - Sep 2 with 1250 viewslondonlisa2001

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:25 - Sep 2 by Banosswan

if the notion that replacing JDG with Gylfi, Chico with Fernandez, Pablo with Montero, Michu with Gomis, Canans with Ki / Carroll, Vorm with Fabianski is 'adequate' then God help us all.
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:51 - Sep 2 with 1202 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:21 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

Well considering Garry felt that the squad still needed at least another two players as of last night and we have failed to sign them then yes it has been a poor deadline day.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:52 - Sep 2 with 1198 viewsSwansNZ

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:51 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well considering Garry felt that the squad still needed at least another two players as of last night and we have failed to sign them then yes it has been a poor deadline day.

There is always the freebie list, if we really wanted to get more in - not that I think we need a LB or RW that much.

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 06:31 - Sep 2 with 1021 viewsHugeEnkins

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:37 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

if the notion that replacing JDG with Gylfi, Chico with Fernandez, Pablo with Montero, Michu with Gomis, Canans with Ki / Carroll, Vorm with Fabianski is 'adequate' then God help us all.

Only adequate? Really? I know it's early days but they aren't doing too bad, are they? Who else would you have liked brought in? There is always the loan window.
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 06:35 - Sep 2 with 1015 viewsSwansNZ

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 06:31 - Sep 2 by HugeEnkins

Only adequate? Really? I know it's early days but they aren't doing too bad, are they? Who else would you have liked brought in? There is always the loan window.

That's Dwight for you.

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 07:11 - Sep 2 with 922 viewsorion3016

Glad we stayed outside the sky circus and kept our key players. Could have done with another Lb but weve done well over the past window

Be over there now after

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 07:51 - Sep 2 with 842 viewsQuakerJack

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 06:31 - Sep 2 by HugeEnkins

Not to mention the freebies. Shefki Kuqi anyone?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 08:33 - Sep 2 with 753 viewsItchySphincter

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:17 - Sep 2 by Highjack

I'm not sure, something in the back of my mind is telling me there was one that signed, but they were waiting for international clearance before announcing it or something to that effect.

Maybe Dwight signed outside the window as he was without a contract. Also With was an odd one - announced late then a big hoohaa over paper work then he never played.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 08:41 - Sep 2 with 726 viewsPrivate_Partz

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 00:25 - Sep 2 by Banosswan

Indeed. Gary wanted two players and we did not get them. Maybe poor was not the right word but ' disappointing' certainly was. Unless of course these players have signed and we have to wait for clearance issues etc.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 12:52 - Sep 2 with 594 viewslondonlisa2001

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 08:41 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

Indeed. Gary wanted two players and we did not get them. Maybe poor was not the right word but ' disappointing' certainly was. Unless of course these players have signed and we have to wait for clearance issues etc.

I think ' a little disappointing in some respects and fantastic in others' would be appropriate.

I'm in the 'most important thing was to keep Bony' camp I'm afraid.

transfer deadline day works both ways - it's inappropriate to only look at one side.

And the reality is that buying people for the sake of 'numbers' hardly ever works. If the players that we want are not available at the price that we want there's not a lot we can do about it. We could buy 'anyone' but what's the point. If we bought A N Other left back for example because the one we wanted was not available to us, why would they be better as an option than Jazz? If the replacement is no better than what's in the squad anyway, I can't see the point.
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 12:58 - Sep 2 with 574 viewsPrivate_Partz

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 12:52 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

I think ' a little disappointing in some respects and fantastic in others' would be appropriate.

I'm in the 'most important thing was to keep Bony' camp I'm afraid.

transfer deadline day works both ways - it's inappropriate to only look at one side.

And the reality is that buying people for the sake of 'numbers' hardly ever works. If the players that we want are not available at the price that we want there's not a lot we can do about it. We could buy 'anyone' but what's the point. If we bought A N Other left back for example because the one we wanted was not available to us, why would they be better as an option than Jazz? If the replacement is no better than what's in the squad anyway, I can't see the point.

I agree with all that. I just feel it should not even have come down to the final day. We have had more than enough time to complete the signings and Gary has been asking for them for long enough. I am disappointed they have not come in but pleased Bony is staying. Having said that I would have been a very unhappy bunny this morning if Bony had gone on the last day despite us failing to complete our transfer business :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 13:04 - Sep 2 with 555 viewsPhil_S

Sky are under the wonderful impression that the window closes and no deals happen unless they have reported it there and then

Amusingly they always forget that the paperwork just needs to be registered with the relevant authorities to make it a done deal not announced through the reporter stood outside making a drama out of a day that really isn't one

Great TV mind and proof that Sky think they run football
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024