Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
how well has swansea done in the transfer window 09:13 - Sep 2 with 2493 viewsthomasJack

compared to the other years how well do you think the Club have done????
anything you are disappointed of???
anything you are happy about???
scale from 1 to 10 10 being max how well has Swansea done this window???

Poll: Next signing

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 09:21 - Sep 2 with 1977 viewsjacksinceever

On playing going out 10/10 - really pleased Bony is still here until January at least
Players coming in 9/10 - would have liked to see a couple of players in as back up, but given that GM was written off as a loser before he had a chance, he's done really well so far and attracted some really top-class players to the club
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 09:28 - Sep 2 with 1949 viewsSwan91

Our best transfer window ever in my opinion. Our overall squad looks pretty great and anyone who comes on as a sub could go in the first team, which is better than before where we had the likes of Vasquez and ngog as subs now we have Gomis and montero. When emnes and Britton come back from injury our subs bench is going to actually look like a premier league club subs bench.
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 09:33 - Sep 2 with 1933 viewsjacksinceever

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 09:28 - Sep 2 by Swan91

Our best transfer window ever in my opinion. Our overall squad looks pretty great and anyone who comes on as a sub could go in the first team, which is better than before where we had the likes of Vasquez and ngog as subs now we have Gomis and montero. When emnes and Britton come back from injury our subs bench is going to actually look like a premier league club subs bench.

TBH Monk's biggest headache when he has a fully fit team is who to leave out of the first XI.
Nice problem for a Swansea manager to face
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 09:37 - Sep 2 with 1917 viewsJackoBoostardo

Can't fault the work Garry has done really - he's got vision and an ambition, and he's gone out full pelt to secure his targets early on!

I'm feeling very confident this season, compared to an inkling of insecurity previous seasons. Garry also has full backing of the board.

In terms of players leaving - Very happy! 9/10 (would like to have maybe held on to Canas).

In terms of players arriving - Extremely happy! (Some top drawer players and talent for the future shows good forward vision by Garry)

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 10:23 - Sep 2 with 1820 viewsPrivate_Partz

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 09:37 - Sep 2 by JackoBoostardo

Can't fault the work Garry has done really - he's got vision and an ambition, and he's gone out full pelt to secure his targets early on!

I'm feeling very confident this season, compared to an inkling of insecurity previous seasons. Garry also has full backing of the board.

In terms of players leaving - Very happy! 9/10 (would like to have maybe held on to Canas).

In terms of players arriving - Extremely happy! (Some top drawer players and talent for the future shows good forward vision by Garry)

If we finish in the same position, or even improve on last year, then it will have to be a 10 from me. We have lost a a whole mess of top players and our manger then appointed someone untried. It will be deemed an unprecedented success if it comes off.
Having said that we have to wait and see how results pan out. It is still early days.
I am disappointed that we have failed to complete all our transfer business but the success of any window can only be ascertained by the results that follow. I must say it is looking good at the moment :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 10:46 - Sep 2 with 1773 viewsperchrockjack

I believe they ve done their best.
Looking at it now, most teams will be worrying about US and how to contain our attackers. Could be the case our defenders can be saved from the pressure by us having such pace in the final third.
And Bony has yet to get going.
Bring em on

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 11:16 - Sep 2 with 1726 viewsCatullus

I'll give us a 9/10. If we had gor a CDM and left back for cover, it would have been a 10*

In terms of how we did against previous seasons, I think it was possibly our best window. two genuinely good strikers, a winger who looks like he will cause the oppo lots of trouble (and his arrival looks like it's woken Dyer up, he's been immense so far) and a very good quality centre back too.
It shouldn't be forgotten that we strengthened the under 21's as well. So we have looked after the first team and looked after the future too.

Garry is a quick study!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 12:19 - Sep 2 with 1641 viewsTom1912

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 09:37 - Sep 2 by JackoBoostardo

We've sold a lot of our better players from the last 2 years for below their market value so I'm not sure how you give it a 9/10 on players leaving. There are mitigating circumstances involved for sure but we haven't done that well on the players we've moved on.

Players arriving is a different story however. We've done excellent business there.
Login to get fewer ads

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 12:25 - Sep 2 with 1624 viewsJackFish

Carroll is obviously seen as the fourth option in central midfield along with Britton, Ki and Shelvey, so while I would have liked another DM in, I can live with that.

We're still looking a bit short at full back with Tiendalli covering both sides and then only Jazz as the next option. Other than that I think we've done really well, we've either kept or upgraded everyone we wanted to.
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 12:31 - Sep 2 with 1609 viewsDafyddHuw

Ash & Ki were 2 excellent signings for us.
Gylfi just a dream come true. Ditto Fernandez.
Can'r believe we managed to hang on to Wilf.

Woulda loved to have got Nathan Redmond.
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 12:44 - Sep 2 with 1585 viewsJackoBoostardo

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 12:19 - Sep 2 by Tom1912

We've sold a lot of our better players from the last 2 years for below their market value so I'm not sure how you give it a 9/10 on players leaving. There are mitigating circumstances involved for sure but we haven't done that well on the players we've moved on.

Players arriving is a different story however. We've done excellent business there.

That's a simple on to answer - because they were clearly dispensable and we have not lost out as a result. There are clearly other factors that made it necessary to get rid - issues we don't know about. Yet we haven't suffered as a result of them going now have we?

For me, I'm not necessarily looking at any loss received as a result of selling the players, but instead looking at the potential gain their replacement will bring to the squad and club.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 12:51 - Sep 2 with 1557 viewsLiberty

Only 1.3 million net spend for us in transfer window according to this. It's been a good one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740320/The-transfer-window-nu

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 12:52 - Sep 2 with 1553 viewsPrivate_Partz

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 12:19 - Sep 2 by Tom1912

I agree. I was only talking of players coming in. I would guess we have lost potentially 10s of millions on the outgoings. This figure depends on how Michu fares in Napoli however. If he proves a lame duck then so be it. Fortunately he is still our player so we may get something out if it yet.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 13:35 - Sep 2 with 1488 viewsTom1912

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 12:44 - Sep 2 by JackoBoostardo

That's a simple on to answer - because they were clearly dispensable and we have not lost out as a result. There are clearly other factors that made it necessary to get rid - issues we don't know about. Yet we haven't suffered as a result of them going now have we?

For me, I'm not necessarily looking at any loss received as a result of selling the players, but instead looking at the potential gain their replacement will bring to the squad and club.

We have suffered in the sense we didn't get the amount of return we could have done. There were mitigating circumstances for sure but while I'm more than happy with the replacements, I don't think moving Chico, Hernandez, Michu, Canas, Pozuelo and Vorm on and getting at guess, £5m odd back, great business.
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 13:47 - Sep 2 with 1460 viewsJackoBoostardo

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 13:35 - Sep 2 by Tom1912

We have suffered in the sense we didn't get the amount of return we could have done. There were mitigating circumstances for sure but while I'm more than happy with the replacements, I don't think moving Chico, Hernandez, Michu, Canas, Pozuelo and Vorm on and getting at guess, £5m odd back, great business.

May not have been in the short term - but in the long term who's to say the money we get further down the line as a result of these players moving on won't be significantly more? There's no denying losing Chico, Vorm and Davies was a kicker, but to bring in Fabianski (Free) Fernandez (£ unknown) and the other talent, while keeping hold of Bony and our other players... I'd say this ended pretty well.

We have undoubtedly the strongest squad we've every had now, jam packed full of big names and full internationals, as well as established scorers. Our continued place in the Premier League is the priority for me, as well as our end of season position etc. Would we have purchased Fernandez for example if we hadn't lost Davies or Chico?

Who knows what goes behind the decisions made at the club? I can only assume! This is just my opinion however.

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 14:02 - Sep 2 with 1432 viewsLiberty

We haven't sold Michu yet, so don't know how much we will get.

We have freed up wages, moved on players some of whom didn't want to stay or Monk didn't see them in his plans , oh and we are joint top of prem league after 3 matches.

Hard to find anything to moan about really, on the player front.

Back to screens, boards, queues, entry system, price and quality of beer - these are all good signs that what is happening on pitch is great.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 14:47 - Sep 2 with 1385 viewsswanduck

It has been a decent window, I would give it a 6 or 7/10.

My reasoning is we kept Bony, but I'm not sure the club fulfilled it's promise that we would only bring in players that strengthened the first team. We bought in a lot of youth players which is fine, but to be honest I was expecting on or two more first team additions.
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 16:19 - Sep 2 with 1317 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

6/10 at a push.

We've lost a substantial amount of first team players, but most have been replaced to a decent enough standard.

We're still lacking depth in key areas and the fact Garry was very vocal within 24 hours of the window closing regarding needed at least 2 more players in and we didn't get them suggests it hasn't been a good window. On the other hand we kept hold of the key players we wanted to (Williams and Bony).

People giving it a 9 or a 10 bemuse me. For me, a 10 would only be warranted if we'd signed the likes of Rooney, Messi and Ronaldo on free transfers. Even a 9 is ludicrous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 17:02 - Sep 2 with 1268 viewsjacksinceever

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 16:19 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

6/10 at a push.

We've lost a substantial amount of first team players, but most have been replaced to a decent enough standard.

We're still lacking depth in key areas and the fact Garry was very vocal within 24 hours of the window closing regarding needed at least 2 more players in and we didn't get them suggests it hasn't been a good window. On the other hand we kept hold of the key players we wanted to (Williams and Bony).

People giving it a 9 or a 10 bemuse me. For me, a 10 would only be warranted if we'd signed the likes of Rooney, Messi and Ronaldo on free transfers. Even a 9 is ludicrous.

Dwight strikes again.
Please, please try hard to make a positive post about Swans
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 17:08 - Sep 2 with 1262 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 17:02 - Sep 2 by jacksinceever

Dwight strikes again.
Please, please try hard to make a positive post about Swans

6/10 is positive. It's just not ludicrously overhyped and biased like most seem to be.

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 17:23 - Sep 2 with 1236 viewsjacksinceever

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 17:08 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

6/10 is positive. It's just not ludicrously overhyped and biased like most seem to be.

sorry we missed out on Ronaldo and Rooney, may have got a 9 from you then is it?
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 17:41 - Sep 2 with 1209 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 17:23 - Sep 2 by jacksinceever

sorry we missed out on Ronaldo and Rooney, may have got a 9 from you then is it?

If we got them in on deals within our budget then I may be inclined to give a 10. Alas, we signed Gomis and Barrow instead.

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 17:50 - Sep 2 with 1186 viewshammy

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 16:19 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

6/10 at a push.

That's pretty unrealistic isn't it, the Swans signing players that would be valued at £80M+ and command wages in the region of £15M per year. So how can the lack of signing of these type of players mark down the successful transfer window for the Swans. Strange way to analyse our transfer dealings.

For me it's a definite 8.5 out of 10, with a 10 being awarded if we could have picked up effective RB, DM and RW players as backups.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 18:16 - Sep 2 with 1164 viewseddie71

I think Monk has done a good job so its an 8/10 for me. Loving Montero, Gomis and esp Gylfi.

My worry is the lack of CDM, when we have four attacking players eg Routledge,Dyer, Gylfi and Bony. I wuld suggest we need at least one and preferably two CDM's otherwise we are replicating what England did in the WC four attackers and two MF playing out of position for Gerard and Henderson read Shelvey and Ki. We will come under much more pressure later in the season than we have so far. If we had signed Stambouli or Cork it would be a 9.5 for me.
how well has swansea done in the transfer window on 19:45 - Sep 2 with 1098 viewsOdgaard

I would give it 8/10

I think the team is stronger now, than before and to a fantastic price.

The only reason i wont give it higher, is the lack of CDM.

But great work by Monk, no doubt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024