Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Falcao. 09:20 - Sep 2 with 2184 viewslifelong

Will be on £350k a week with United.

£1.4 million a month.

£17 million a year.

How obscene is that?
Falcao. on 09:26 - Sep 2 with 1689 viewsjacksinceever

That is just criminal by any standards.
Average wage in Britain is what, £16k?
One week's wages would pay 22 average wages.
Just sick
Falcao. on 09:27 - Sep 2 with 1687 viewsbuilthjack

Very obscene. If Manure don't finish in top 4 it will be very very obscene.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Falcao. on 09:31 - Sep 2 with 1663 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Falcao. on 09:26 - Sep 2 by jacksinceever

That is just criminal by any standards.
Average wage in Britain is what, £16k?
One week's wages would pay 22 average wages.
Just sick

I'm not sure average pay means much but it's £26,500 in the UK.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Falcao. on 09:39 - Sep 2 with 1647 viewsjacksinceever

Falcao. on 09:31 - Sep 2 by Joe_bradshaw

I'm not sure average pay means much but it's £26,500 in the UK.

Average wage is the median between those on minimum wage (as that should be the lowest reported salary) and the top earners in the country.
Realistically most ordinary jobs pay a heck of a lot less than £26k.
But okay to be absolutely correct, a week's wages will pay 13.2 average salaries .
No less obscene
Falcao. on 09:39 - Sep 2 with 1643 viewsJackoBoostardo

Falcao. on 09:27 - Sep 2 by builthjack

Very obscene. If Manure don't finish in top 4 it will be very very obscene.

If ManUre don't get top 4 they'll just throw money at more expensive players in the hope it fixes the problems there. Typical big club mentality.

Instead of looking for the root cause, they'll throw money at huge name players.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Falcao. on 09:45 - Sep 2 with 1608 viewsllanwrtyd_jack

What's worse, is that he's still "employed" and therefore tax resident in Monaco, and therefore won't pay a penny in tax.
Falcao. on 10:14 - Sep 2 with 1532 viewsPrivate_Partz

Falcao. on 09:45 - Sep 2 by llanwrtyd_jack

What's worse, is that he's still "employed" and therefore tax resident in Monaco, and therefore won't pay a penny in tax.

Completely obscene. One thing I detest about the Prem. We get bombarded with adverts asking for our hard earned constantly on TV to help the poor and suffering whereas some of these could solve world poverty at a stroke. OK an exaggeration, but they could make a damn big hole in it.
I hope this will eventually even out somewhat in the future otherwise we are building up potential serious population unrest problems.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Falcao. on 10:17 - Sep 2 with 1521 viewsSwan91

Isn't Rooney on the same wage? If that's the case they are spending 34million a year on 2 players wages. Probably more than our first team combined.
Login to get fewer ads

Falcao. on 10:23 - Sep 2 with 1504 viewsKennedy

They should make a fair chuck of that back in shirt sales.

Madrid made £40m from selling shirts when James Rodriguez signed

Just call me JFK

Falcao. on 10:25 - Sep 2 with 1497 viewsPrivate_Partz

Falcao. on 10:17 - Sep 2 by Swan91

Isn't Rooney on the same wage? If that's the case they are spending 34million a year on 2 players wages. Probably more than our first team combined.

I think Roony is on more.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Falcao. on 10:26 - Sep 2 with 1490 viewsperchrockjack

Insulting to every poor fecker who s worked his balls off on shifts and in boring or dangerous jobs.

A salary cap world wide is only answer

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Falcao. on 10:30 - Sep 2 with 1473 viewsPrivate_Partz

Falcao. on 10:26 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

Insulting to every poor fecker who s worked his balls off on shifts and in boring or dangerous jobs.

A salary cap world wide is only answer

Agree 100%. The extra monies could then go to charity and used to promote the lower leagues and development of the game across the country.
I am sure I saw 3 pigs doing the loop de loop outside ;-)
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 11:36]

Falcao. on 10:30 - Sep 2 with 1472 viewshammy

Let's hope it doesn't work out for them.

The money to pay these wages is fundamentally coming from the broadcasters and Sky in particular. I appreciate the Man Ure currently have a number of other sources of income, which has been generated due to their success over the past 20 years. Will be interesting to see how this spending spree goes if they fail to qualify for CL again this year. Seems that they could be on a very fast downward spiral.

What beggars belief in all this is that Falcao, although a brilliant forward, is not going to shore up the defence nor solidify the midfield. This smacks of a desperate attempt at a glamorous loan deal to appease the fairweather fans. Has LVG underestimated the PL and possibly bitten off more than he can chew ? Only time will tell.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Falcao. on 10:32 - Sep 2 with 1465 viewsKennedy

Salary cap wont do much as they just have bigger sign on fees to compensate it, or larger bonuses etc.

Football is a mutli billion £ business. Yes people say i work long hours and this and that and footballers only train 2-3 hours a day and play 2 games a week for 200x what i earn a year. But that is life, some people are gifted some are not.

Don't like what footballers are getting paid, simple don't put any of your hard earned money into the business.

Just call me JFK

Falcao. on 10:33 - Sep 2 with 1460 viewsperchrockjack

Falcao. on 10:30 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

Agree 100%. The extra monies could then go to charity and used to promote the lower leagues and development of the game across the country.
I am sure I saw 3 pigs doing the loop de loop outside ;-)
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 11:36]

Its been argued it couldn't work. CRAP.
It works in rugby league .If FIFA wanted it they could sanction it as they have the power.

Something has to be done really

Falcao. on 10:36 - Sep 2 with 1456 viewsJackFish

Falcao. on 09:39 - Sep 2 by jacksinceever

Average wage is the median between those on minimum wage (as that should be the lowest reported salary) and the top earners in the country.
Realistically most ordinary jobs pay a heck of a lot less than £26k.
But okay to be absolutely correct, a week's wages will pay 13.2 average salaries .
No less obscene

The average wage may be that high, but I doubt that's an accurate reflection of how much an "average" job pays. The median would give a more accurate reflection and I bet that's around £20k.
Falcao. on 10:37 - Sep 2 with 1455 viewsDarran

Man United have to do something like this to try and compete with Chelsea and Man City who have been squandering away billions for several years now.

I said on the old site when Man City were trying to lure John Terry away from Chelsea with £200k a week that something needed to be done about it,stroll on when one of the big clubs financially implodes,sadly it'll never happen to Man United though in my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Falcao. on 10:40 - Sep 2 with 1439 viewsperchrockjack

The money clubs Darren,these foul smelling oligarch playthings are the single most significant reason for people falling out of love with the game.
Players,quite average ones, can fill their pension pot by the time most couples have got their first mortgage. People will have to work 40/50 years for financial security.

Dog shite players can do that in one move.

Ideally chelsea, citeh would implode. THEY are the real problem

Falcao. on 10:42 - Sep 2 with 1435 viewsDarran

I agree,Chelsea started it and City followed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Falcao. on 10:54 - Sep 2 with 1409 viewsbalboajack

Falcao. on 10:23 - Sep 2 by Kennedy

They should make a fair chuck of that back in shirt sales.

Madrid made £40m from selling shirts when James Rodriguez signed

I say that figure as well, crazy. That figure was in the first week.

Crazy enough to work out... that it is bullocks.

£40 million. Say the PROFIT for the club on each shirt is £40. So they want us to believe that they sold a million shirts in a week? I call shenanigans
Falcao. on 11:04 - Sep 2 with 1365 viewsJack_Daniels

Man U are starting to resemble the Spurs team from the early 90s with Sheringham, Klinsman, Anderton, Barmby & those romainian boys from the world cup. Basically it was a we will score more than you mentality and it didnt work.

All well and good having enviable firepower but if your defence is like a block of swiss cheese it will surely all end in tears.
Falcao. on 11:05 - Sep 2 with 1352 viewsKennedy

Million shirts in a week is hard to imagine as yes they would have sold a few online but most of the shirts in 3rd world countries are copies which they pick up for as little as $5-10.

Just call me JFK

Falcao. on 11:15 - Sep 2 with 1328 viewslifelong

Falcao. on 10:32 - Sep 2 by Kennedy

Salary cap wont do much as they just have bigger sign on fees to compensate it, or larger bonuses etc.

Football is a mutli billion £ business. Yes people say i work long hours and this and that and footballers only train 2-3 hours a day and play 2 games a week for 200x what i earn a year. But that is life, some people are gifted some are not.

Don't like what footballers are getting paid, simple don't put any of your hard earned money into the business.

Nobody is suggesting that people with talent shouldn't we well rewarded but, come on, surely not to this level. Clubs able to afford such crazy wages should be ploughing it back into the community they represent not lining the pockets of players and their agents with it.
There are people in this country suffering with cancer and the NHS are refusing to fund them drugs which would extend their lives by a number of years because they are too expensive.They should pay these players £100k a week maximum and use the residue to help these sick people.
Falcao. on 11:43 - Sep 2 with 1272 viewsPrivate_Partz

Falcao. on 10:32 - Sep 2 by Kennedy

I can't help putting my money in as I love my club and it is doing a damn site more than anyone else for promoting this massively under invested area.
I don't agree with market forces running riot which is what is happening here. At the end of the day it is human nature to 'screw them for anything you can'. It is up to those in elected authority to manage this. Don't hold your breath though as Cameron and his crew would do nothing to stop it.
Make no mistake. Huge differences between the 'haves' and the 'have nots' leads to civil unrest.

Falcao. on 11:45 - Sep 2 with 1257 viewsjackonicko

Falcao. on 09:45 - Sep 2 by llanwrtyd_jack

I doubt it can be structured like this. I never underestimate the ingenuity of tax accountants in such scenarios (particularly as it's structured as a loan deal) but I'd be surprised.

He will be "resident" in the UK for income tax purposes, as by necessity he will be in the UK to train and play football and receive income for that "work". Therefore he will pay income tax on his UK derived earnings, the same as the rest of us.

He will remain "domiciled" in Monaco, so he can take advantage of the tax regime in Monaco for his other "worldwide" earnings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024