Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabio Borini 10:29 - Sep 2 with 2965 viewsperchrockjack

Turns down a move to QPR after failing to agree personal terms.

Last season he was on loan to the mackems,did well they wanted him but turned down the move to "fight for his place at Liverpool. Liverpool then buy Mario putting hi further down the pecking order so a move to QPR and regular football to me would have helped his career.
But he turned it down after failing personal terms.

D1cikhead ,simply greed and a career killer

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fabio Borini on 13:42 - Sep 2 with 846 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabio Borini on 13:39 - Sep 2 by Uxbridge

I wonder how many of the righteously indignant on here would, in similar circumstances, happily move to the other end of the country just to make life better for their employer. Not many I'd wager.

He's in the box seat now. As for footballer's wages, they long since left the realms of reality or good taste.

Isn't the point here though that it's nothing to do with making life easy for Liverpool, and everything to do with the guy seemingly preferring to pick up his money for not playing than to recognise that he is not at the 'Liverpool' level and to move elsewhere to play football?

I suspect that QPR and Fernandes called his bluff (for the first time ever) and that he'd assumed they would pay whatever (because they always have) and for once they put their foot down and left him short of time.
Fabio Borini on 13:47 - Sep 2 with 835 viewsSwan91

Fabio Borini on 13:09 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

I doubt that's true, but if it was, how does turning down double his current wages make him a greedy tw@t? Surely it would be the opposite.

Exactly it is the opposite. QPR if they did offer double his wages and he rejected it because he wants to fight for a place at Liverpool then that shows that it's about the football and not the money surely. He probably asked for too much from QPR knowing they'll reject it and he would stay at Liverpool.

I don't see this as greedy I see this as a player who likes to play a particular style of football and feels that he would not benefit at all by going to QPR (who does not play a good style of football). If I'm happy at a top club that plays good football why would I go to a newly promoted side who could just as easily get relegated again and doesn't play a nice style of football.

Saying that... Wouldn't mind taking him on a month loan in January whilst Bony is away for ACN. Or even if he came on loan for the rest of the season because he could be both back up striker and he can also play RW right?
Fabio Borini on 13:47 - Sep 2 with 834 viewsUxbridge

Fabio Borini on 13:42 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

Isn't the point here though that it's nothing to do with making life easy for Liverpool, and everything to do with the guy seemingly preferring to pick up his money for not playing than to recognise that he is not at the 'Liverpool' level and to move elsewhere to play football?

I suspect that QPR and Fernandes called his bluff (for the first time ever) and that he'd assumed they would pay whatever (because they always have) and for once they put their foot down and left him short of time.

Maybe he thinks he's at Liverpool's level and now that he's there for 4 months he thinks he'll have a crack at it?

£90k a week's an obscene amount of course, but I suspect he's already on not far off the £55k QPR were allegedly offering. Given that he may only have another year or two on his contract left, at which time he could pretty much write his own cheque, is it such a daft move not to take the QPR deal and commit to another long term contract without the payday down the line?

Think people look at this far too simplistically and get blinded by the obscene amount of money involved.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Fabio Borini on 13:52 - Sep 2 with 814 viewsLeonisGod

Fabio Borini on 13:09 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

I doubt that's true, but if it was, how does turning down double his current wages make him a greedy tw@t? Surely it would be the opposite.

To be fair if I was offered £60k a week to join that joke of a club, I'd think twice.
Fabio Borini on 14:24 - Sep 2 with 769 viewsDavillin

Fabio Borini on 12:11 - Sep 2 by icecoldjack

Let's be fair to borini here, the clubs who wanted him are a massive step down from where Liverpool are, the mackems and QPR could be relegated this season along with us and about 9 other teams,

maybe borini thinks at 23 yrs old he needs to try and establish himself at a big club, once he leaves Liverpool he may never get the chance to get a big move ever again.

It's a risk he doesn't t need to take IMO .

Liverpool are a club on the up and you can't blame him for wanting to ne a part of that.

As a previous poster said, so,etimes they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't !

There would also ne things like relegation clauses to consider if he moved to a so called lesser team.

Oh, Dear!

It never crossed my mind -- " the mackems and QPR could be relegated this season along with us and about 9 other teams,"

That's an endless string of sleepless nights for me, then. [Well, nine months which at my age might well be "endless."] Thanks a lot, icecoldjack. Your heart is as cold as your user name.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Fabio Borini on 15:17 - Sep 2 with 711 viewsicecoldjack

Fabio Borini on 14:24 - Sep 2 by Davillin

Oh, Dear!

It never crossed my mind -- " the mackems and QPR could be relegated this season along with us and about 9 other teams,"

That's an endless string of sleepless nights for me, then. [Well, nine months which at my age might well be "endless."] Thanks a lot, icecoldjack. Your heart is as cold as your user name.

Point im making is that unless your top 7/8 everyone else is a potential relegation candidate and thats what Borini may well have thought from the comfort of Liverpool .

Ask Newcastle fans, never think your too good to go down .

Feel free to have as many sleepless nights as you like fella, my point was in relation to how Borini may well view the clubs who fancied him .

Fabio Borini on 15:46 - Sep 2 with 671 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't see the problem really.

If he enjoys living in Liverpool and isn't motivated by playing regularly, why would he move?

Would a lot of you move and uproot your family again just to get a couple of extra thousand a week which doesn't even matter to you anyway?

I'll forever be thankful to Fabio for conning that numpty into fouling him at Wembley.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fabio Borini on 17:03 - Sep 2 with 622 viewsperchrockjack

Why move?
Well ,if he s a good pro sitting on the bench wont please him. Its like players quite happily trotting off after being subbed. I can think of many ex pros from the 60s 70s who would have to be shot to get them off the field of play.
Good players want to play.

Sitting on the bench is fine if you want the money but please don't tell me it enhances a career.
FABIANSKI might well have got far more money by moving a club where he d be a number 2 or 3 or zero as is the case with Vorm, but no Fab s pride as a pro saw him come to us.

Fabio could well indeed have a large pile in our county and have beaches ,forests ,golf courses, great restaurants on the doorstep but its no good if your just a sub or not even a sub

Login to get fewer ads

Fabio Borini on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 615 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fabio Borini on 17:03 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

Why move?
Well ,if he s a good pro sitting on the bench wont please him. Its like players quite happily trotting off after being subbed. I can think of many ex pros from the 60s 70s who would have to be shot to get them off the field of play.

Sitting on the bench is fine if you want the money but please don't tell me it enhances a career.
FABIANSKI might well have got far more money by moving a club where he d be a number 2 or 3 or zero as is the case with Vorm, but no Fab s pride as a pro saw him come to us.

Fabio could well indeed have a large pile in our county and have beaches ,forests ,golf courses, great restaurants on the doorstep but its no good if your just a sub or not even a sub

He's clearly happy to collect his couple of million a year while training a couple of times a week. Some people are motivated by money and he is one. I have no problem with that as it's not my clubs money being wasted.

Why don't you create a thread attacking Alan Tate in the same way? He's doing exactly the same thing as Borini and has been doing it for some time.

Fabio Borini on 17:51 - Sep 2 with 588 viewsicecoldjack

Fabio Borini on 17:03 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

Why move?

Is that the same Fabianski who spent 7 yrs at Arsenal and made just 32 appearences in all that time.

Yes, plenty of pride shown by Fab there ..

Id say fab stayed there for so long because like Borini he probably thought Leaving a champions league club to go elsewhere wasn't that appealing .
Fabio Borini on 17:54 - Sep 2 with 584 viewsperchrockjack

Because I don't want to Dwight as there s no point.

Its the same thing though granted but "attack" is wrong word.

And FAB is now greedy is he?

Fabio Borini on 18:00 - Sep 2 with 564 viewsApeShit

A bit like Alan Tate?
Fabio Borini on 18:02 - Sep 2 with 561 viewsperchrockjack

Your fishing ape but its time for dinner (tea)

Fabio Borini on 18:02 - Sep 2 with 561 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fabio Borini on 18:00 - Sep 2 by ApeShit

A bit like Alan Tate?

Careful, Alan Tate played okay for us a decade ago and so now is free to collect tens of thousands of pounds of the clubs money every week without any sort of judgement.

Fabio Borini on 18:05 - Sep 2 with 555 viewsperchrockjack

Ok then, same applies.
Happy?

Fabio Borini on 18:30 - Sep 2 with 520 viewsskippyjack

Fabio Borini on 10:34 - Sep 2 by Kennedy

Not really. Maybe he is settled in Liverpool. Did he not just get married.

He might be on 35k a week at Liverpool so said make it 60k i might go. don't forget higher cost of living in London too.

He did great here and should always be remembered for that.

35k a week.. and higher cost of living .. 20k a week.. 80k a month.. a million a year.. plus his earnings before and his home in Liverpool... someone who earns a million a year after tax

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Fabio Borini on 18:33 - Sep 2 with 514 viewsperchrockjack

Wax monk offered another club . Was he offered far more money? He s a lucky boy as his contract was signed before we hit this level.

Clearly he is nowhere near our standards..

Yeah, rip up his contract seems good idea now

Fabio Borini on 21:57 - Sep 2 with 435 viewsswanduck

Fabio Borini on 22:10 - Sep 2 with 415 viewsSwansNZ

Fabio Borini on 10:46 - Sep 2 by blobby2

He's classed as greedy as the personal terms he wanted were outrageously high. Loyalty didn't come into it, he spent the close season keeping Sunderland on a string, hedging his bets and waiting for better offers, when QPR wouldn't meet his terms it was to late to go anywhere else. So now he will rot in the reserves unless someone takes him on an emergency loan.
Great player, but greedy twonk !

An emergency loan would have to be outside the PL, of course

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fabio Borini on 22:12 - Sep 2 with 411 viewsSwansNZ

Fabio Borini on 11:24 - Sep 2 by scottishjack

Or their contracts are terminated by mutual consent (Massive pay off), and then they are free agents?

You have to be a "free" player before the end of the window, don’t you?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fabio Borini on 07:44 - Sep 3 with 329 viewsjacksinceever

Fabio Borini on 15:46 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't see the problem really.

If he enjoys living in Liverpool and isn't motivated by playing regularly, why would he move?

Would a lot of you move and uproot your family again just to get a couple of extra thousand a week which doesn't even matter to you anyway?

I'll forever be thankful to Fabio for conning that numpty into fouling him at Wembley.

Please forgive me, but I agree with Dwight on this one.
Why should Borini move to Sunderland (who at best will finish mid-table IMO) or to QPR (who could IMO find themselves relegated back down)?
If he has said to Brendan that he wants to stay and fight for a place in the team, then good on him.
Also as has been posted before, cost of living is a lot less in Liverpool than London, and IMO Liverpool seems a better place to live than Sunderland (though I can't say I know much about Sunderland as a city.
Fabio Borini on 07:48 - Sep 3 with 320 viewsScoobyWho

Fabio Borini on 10:34 - Sep 2 by Kennedy

Not really. Maybe he is settled in Liverpool. Did he not just get married.

He might be on 35k a week at Liverpool so said make it 60k i might go. don't forget higher cost of living in London too.

He did great here and should always be remembered for that.

From 35k to 60k because of high cost of living, yeah the move would have been extremely financially challenging, poor lad on 35k a week

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Fabio Borini on 07:58 - Sep 3 with 306 viewsDr_Winston

Fabio Borini on 11:57 - Sep 2 by LeonisGod

It's probably got very little to do with the player and more with their agents/advisors tbh

Who are employed by the player.

Never ceases to amuse me when players are made out to be helpless puppets of the likes of Moralee. Players tell agents what to do, not the other way around.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024