Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabio Borini 10:29 - Sep 2 with 2966 viewsperchrockjack

Turns down a move to QPR after failing to agree personal terms.

Last season he was on loan to the mackems,did well they wanted him but turned down the move to "fight for his place at Liverpool. Liverpool then buy Mario putting hi further down the pecking order so a move to QPR and regular football to me would have helped his career.
But he turned it down after failing personal terms.

D1cikhead ,simply greed and a career killer

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fabio Borini on 10:34 - Sep 2 with 2106 viewsKennedy

Not really. Maybe he is settled in Liverpool. Did he not just get married.

He might be on 35k a week at Liverpool so said make it 60k i might go. don't forget higher cost of living in London too.

He did great here and should always be remembered for that.

Just call me JFK

Fabio Borini on 10:37 - Sep 2 with 2091 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabio Borini on 10:34 - Sep 2 by Kennedy

Not really. Maybe he is settled in Liverpool. Did he not just get married.

He might be on 35k a week at Liverpool so said make it 60k i might go. don't forget higher cost of living in London too.

He did great here and should always be remembered for that.

He did do absolutely brilliantly here, but on the other point - word out of QPR this morning is that his demands were 'unbelievable'.
Fabio Borini on 10:38 - Sep 2 with 2087 viewsSwan91

I'm pretty sure if he went to QPR he would be on similar money. I don't blame him for not going to QPR, I would've rather stayed at Liverpool aswell. Maybe he's happy at Liverpool atm and doesn't want to go down to London.

People complain when players are not loyal or whatever but if a player wants to stay at the club and fight for his place and prove himself he's classed as greedy... Doesn't make sense
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 10:45]
Fabio Borini on 10:43 - Sep 2 with 2054 viewsperchrockjack

Well first of all I reckon you could survive on 35k per week in London.

Second, a player s career will not be enhanced by sitting on the bench and he will at Liverpool all season.

Players just see money

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fabio Borini on 10:44 - Sep 2 with 2052 viewseddie71

Fabio Borini on 10:38 - Sep 2 by Swan91

I'm pretty sure if he went to QPR he would be on similar money. I don't blame him for not going to QPR, I would've rather stayed at Liverpool aswell. Maybe he's happy at Liverpool atm and doesn't want to go down to London.

People complain when players are not loyal or whatever but if a player wants to stay at the club and fight for his place and prove himself he's classed as greedy... Doesn't make sense
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 10:45]

I did read 90k a week which does seem extortionate. That said I agree fighting for his place is admirable and he was a wonderful player for us. Never forget his performance against Norwich and the wonderful free kick.
Fabio Borini on 10:46 - Sep 2 with 2036 viewsblobby2

He's classed as greedy as the personal terms he wanted were outrageously high. Loyalty didn't come into it, he spent the close season keeping Sunderland on a string, hedging his bets and waiting for better offers, when QPR wouldn't meet his terms it was to late to go anywhere else. So now he will rot in the reserves unless someone takes him on an emergency loan.
Great player, but greedy twonk !

on the north bank in 64 currently in 2 seats in the upper east and proudly supporting Wales ONLY premier league team. Prosser is a twonk!

Fabio Borini on 11:00 - Sep 2 with 1943 viewsFlashberryjack

Fabio Borini on 10:46 - Sep 2 by blobby2

He's classed as greedy as the personal terms he wanted were outrageously high. Loyalty didn't come into it, he spent the close season keeping Sunderland on a string, hedging his bets and waiting for better offers, when QPR wouldn't meet his terms it was to late to go anywhere else. So now he will rot in the reserves unless someone takes him on an emergency loan.

He's trying to engineer a move back here mun.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fabio Borini on 11:01 - Sep 2 with 1941 viewsSwan91

Well he rejected Sunderland because he wanted to fight for his place. I even remember the club saying that they would keep on trying but he said pretty much straight away he wanted to stay at Liverpool.
Login to get fewer ads

Fabio Borini on 11:12 - Sep 2 with 1890 viewsmonmouth

Fabio Borini on 10:37 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

He did do absolutely brilliantly here, but on the other point - word out of QPR this morning is that his demands were 'unbelievable'.

Bloody hell. QPR thought it was unbelievable? Bloody hell.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fabio Borini on 11:12 - Sep 2 with 1889 viewshooplehead

rodgers doesn't want him and said at the press conference last week that there was a good offer on the table from sunderland
sunderland fans believed right up until about 9.00 pm last night that they'd be getting him

i suspect it's true that he was demanding 90k a week

he has no chance of ever playing for liverpool again...zero

proper waste of a promising career

"Brendan Rodgers has warned Liverpool's fringe players they will be frozen out if they do not move today.

The likes of Fabio Borini and Oussama Assaidi have turned down moves away from Anfield this summer.

They are not part of Rodgers' first-team plans and he has told them they will end up in the wilderness if they do not find new clubs before the transfer window closes at 11pm."
Fabio Borini on 11:14 - Sep 2 with 1878 viewscontroversial_jack

As strikers go we can do better than Borini and we have
Fabio Borini on 11:17 - Sep 2 with 1867 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabio Borini on 11:12 - Sep 2 by monmouth

Bloody hell. QPR thought it was unbelievable? Bloody hell.

To be honest, I thought the same. If Tony Fernandez says that a player needs to recognise 'reality' then I can only imagine what was being asked for, since it would be hard to find a bloke more removed from 'reality'
:-)

Still - good news for us, since he is a good player and would have helped the QPR team. He won't make a difference at Liverpool (plus they are not one of 'our league' teams).
Fabio Borini on 11:23 - Sep 2 with 1845 viewsSwansea93

Championship beckons for Borini and Sinclair now.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Fabio Borini on 11:24 - Sep 2 with 1839 viewsscottishjack

Fabio Borini on 11:23 - Sep 2 by Swansea93

Championship beckons for Borini and Sinclair now.

Or their contracts are terminated by mutual consent (Massive pay off), and then they are free agents?
Fabio Borini on 11:47 - Sep 2 with 1752 viewsjackonicko

I would rather he stayed at Liverpool than go to QPR. He might have done well there.
Fabio Borini on 11:50 - Sep 2 with 1729 viewshooplehead

apologies for gutter linkage but this is a good article by durham slating borini

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ycut-sad-indictment-game-11-year-old-say.h
Fabio Borini on 11:52 - Sep 2 with 1713 viewsQuakerJack

Fabio Borini on 10:44 - Sep 2 by eddie71

I did read 90k a week which does seem extortionate. That said I agree fighting for his place is admirable and he was a wonderful player for us. Never forget his performance against Norwich and the wonderful free kick.

I heard that and that they offered him 60k which is probably double his Liverpool wage. Greedy tw@t.... destined to rot on a subs bench on extortionate wages.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Fabio Borini on 11:57 - Sep 2 with 1699 viewsLeonisGod

Fabio Borini on 11:52 - Sep 2 by QuakerJack

I heard that and that they offered him 60k which is probably double his Liverpool wage. Greedy tw@t.... destined to rot on a subs bench on extortionate wages.

It's probably got very little to do with the player and more with their agents/advisors tbh
Fabio Borini on 12:10 - Sep 2 with 1639 viewsPrivate_Partz

Fabio Borini on 11:57 - Sep 2 by LeonisGod

It's probably got very little to do with the player and more with their agents/advisors tbh

There could be a lot in this. Has he been badly advised? He always strikes me as a very passionate player who puts in 100% every game. I never forget the look on his face when he got the penalty in the playoff. Nor the look on his face at the end when he knew he was not going to continue the adventure with us.. I think he is a great player but he (or his agent) have made some very bad decisions career wise.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Fabio Borini on 12:11 - Sep 2 with 1633 viewsicecoldjack

Let's be fair to borini here, the clubs who wanted him are a massive step down from where Liverpool are, the mackems and QPR could be relegated this season along with us and about 9 other teams,

maybe borini thinks at 23 yrs old he needs to try and establish himself at a big club, once he leaves Liverpool he may never get the chance to get a big move ever again.

It's a risk he doesn't t need to take IMO .

Liverpool are a club on the up and you can't blame him for wanting to ne a part of that.

As a previous poster said, so,etimes they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't !

There would also ne things like relegation clauses to consider if he moved to a so called lesser team.
Fabio Borini on 12:29 - Sep 2 with 1573 viewsJackFish

I imagine that he didn't really want to go to QPR and asked for a huge wage packet to compensate for that, plus the fact that they've never been shy spending big on average players. Must have been asking for a bucketful though if QPR though it was too much!
Fabio Borini on 12:36 - Sep 2 with 1547 viewsDafyddHuw

We don't know what he was asking from QPR. I don't know, you don't know & the newspapers certainly don't know.

So unless you've got Borini's mobile number, you're just repeating gossip.
Fabio Borini on 13:09 - Sep 2 with 1479 viewsJackSomething

Fabio Borini on 11:52 - Sep 2 by QuakerJack

I doubt that's true, but if it was, how does turning down double his current wages make him a greedy tw@t? Surely it would be the opposite.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Fabio Borini on 13:11 - Sep 2 with 1461 viewsMattG

Whatever the reason, from a personal point of view I'm delighted he didn't join QPR.

Not only would he have strengthened them in attack but it would have been difficult to balance my admiration of Fabio against my hatred of QPR.
Fabio Borini on 13:39 - Sep 2 with 1338 viewsUxbridge

I wonder how many of the righteously indignant on here would, in similar circumstances, happily move to the other end of the country just to make life better for their employer. Not many I'd wager.

He's in the box seat now. As for footballer's wages, they long since left the realms of reality or good taste.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024