Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glasgow Rangers... 15:54 - Sep 2 with 2278 viewsscottishjack

...buggered again by the sound of things!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-28997473

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:01 - Sep 2 with 2224 viewseddie71

One my earliest football memories was 1992 Leeds V Rangers matches seems like an awfully long time ago now.

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:38 - Sep 2 with 2039 viewsQuakerJack

Says the fans are opposed to Mike Ashley upping his shares? They really want to look at his record and think on...

I won't lose much sleep over this story tonight.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:42 - Sep 2 with 2014 viewsscottishjack

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:38 - Sep 2 by QuakerJack

Says the fans are opposed to Mike Ashley upping his shares? They really want to look at his record and think on...

I won't lose much sleep over this story tonight.

A complete basket case of a club... I won't lose any sleep at all, just amazed that after being basically liquidated, it has only taken them just over 2 seasons to run the club straight back into the ground.
Glasgow Rangers... on 16:47 - Sep 2 with 1986 viewsQuakerJack

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:42 - Sep 2 by scottishjack

A complete basket case of a club... I won't lose any sleep at all, just amazed that after being basically liquidated, it has only taken them just over 2 seasons to run the club straight back into the ground.

You'll know better than me - have they tried to live outside their means? They've obviously stormed the lower leagues but their gates alone probably cover the additional wage bill for a higher quality player, but are they perhaps living as an SPL club? Or is it just complete mis management across the board?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:51 - Sep 2 with 1960 viewsJajess

Our former manager, Brian Laudrup, played there 1994-1998
Glasgow Rangers... on 16:54 - Sep 2 with 1942 viewsscottishjack

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:47 - Sep 2 by QuakerJack

You'll know better than me - have they tried to live outside their means? They've obviously stormed the lower leagues but their gates alone probably cover the additional wage bill for a higher quality player, but are they perhaps living as an SPL club? Or is it just complete mis management across the board?

Complete and utter mismanagement just about covers it, they were outbidding SPL clubs for players when they restarted in division 3!

McCoist was on nearly a million a year on his last contract, operating losses of £14 million last year? Mindblowing!

From what I hear, everyone has basically just been filling their pockets over the past couple of years...
Glasgow Rangers... on 16:57 - Sep 2 with 1920 viewssully49

If Mike Ashley wants to buy more share's, what is the problem, especially if it goes to alleviate some of pain, what's so wrong in that? The club seems to be in free fall and screaming out for take over. They are loosing millions of Scottish pound per season, and considering the last time they tried this it failed badly, why has no single, or corporate, take overs haven't happened, what do they know that we don't? They are after all they are one of the famous clubs in Scotland, and arguably in the world, with an impressive pedigree. Perhaps the "say yes" campaign could promise to bail them out.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Glasgow Rangers... on 17:00 - Sep 2 with 1906 viewsQuakerJack

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:54 - Sep 2 by scottishjack

Complete and utter mismanagement just about covers it, they were outbidding SPL clubs for players when they restarted in division 3!

McCoist was on nearly a million a year on his last contract, operating losses of £14 million last year? Mindblowing!

From what I hear, everyone has basically just been filling their pockets over the past couple of years...

So McCoist - Mr Rangers, didn't take a pay cut? Wow!

If they go under again I assume they will be reformed, given their fan base.But surely they should sent further down this time.

Login to get fewer ads

Glasgow Rangers... on 17:01 - Sep 2 with 1895 viewsmonmouth

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:42 - Sep 2 by scottishjack

They were liquidated and imo should not been allowed to trade as 'Glasgow Rangers' again let alone somehow retained the asset of the ground. Anyway, trying to raise long term capital for short term emergency, means they are totally ferked again, even if they get through this. No loss.

Just wish the other mirror image bigots from parkhead would go the same way. Oh, and as for anyone who buys the shares. Mugs.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Glasgow Rangers... on 17:02 - Sep 2 with 1888 viewsscottishjack

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:57 - Sep 2 by sully49

If Mike Ashley wants to buy more share's, what is the problem, especially if it goes to alleviate some of pain, what's so wrong in that? The club seems to be in free fall and screaming out for take over. They are loosing millions of Scottish pound per season, and considering the last time they tried this it failed badly, why has no single, or corporate, take overs haven't happened, what do they know that we don't? They are after all they are one of the famous clubs in Scotland, and arguably in the world, with an impressive pedigree. Perhaps the "say yes" campaign could promise to bail them out.

The current board are clinging onto to power and not letting anyone get near enough, hence to new share offer is only available to existing shareholders, and will just about allow them to meet this years liabilities. (If they sell them all)

As for Mike Ashley, I have no idea what the resistance is on that one?
Glasgow Rangers... on 17:04 - Sep 2 with 1881 viewsscottishjack

Glasgow Rangers... on 17:00 - Sep 2 by QuakerJack

So McCoist - Mr Rangers, didn't take a pay cut? Wow!

If they go under again I assume they will be reformed, given their fan base.But surely they should sent further down this time.

He took a 50% pay cut for his current deal, but it's still way too much for that level.
Glasgow Rangers... on 18:00 - Sep 2 with 1765 viewsperchrockjack

pity celtic cant go same way

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Glasgow Rangers... on 18:48 - Sep 2 with 1640 viewsscottishjack

Glasgow Rangers... on 18:00 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

pity celtic cant go same way

It's coming...they are stuggling without each other!
Glasgow Rangers... on 19:00 - Sep 2 with 1596 viewsCatullus

It's probably the main reason why they both want into the Premier league. Scottish league doesn't pay enough.

But as far as I'm concerned, they can both go bust and not be re-formed.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Glasgow Rangers... on 19:05 - Sep 2 with 1570 viewsepaul

I was talking to my boy about this and he is fuming at what is going on there, since they last went to the wall apparently he reckons 80 million has been spent!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Glasgow Rangers... on 19:45 - Sep 2 with 1439 viewsPrivate_Partz

Glasgow Rangers... on 19:05 - Sep 2 by epaul

I was talking to my boy about this and he is fuming at what is going on there, since they last went to the wall apparently he reckons 80 million has been spent!

They need their arses spanked and sent down to an even lower level this time. Trouble is I am not sure how many lower levels there are left for them.
It is all very similar to Wales except our only tin pot 'Capitol Club' continues to hang on by the skin of its teeth.
The difference is the Jocks have two of em ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Glasgow Rangers... on 19:59 - Sep 2 with 1398 viewsAngelRangelQS

Glasgow Rangers... on 16:01 - Sep 2 by eddie71

One my earliest football memories was 1992 Leeds V Rangers matches seems like an awfully long time ago now.

Snap!
Glasgow Rangers... on 22:48 - Sep 2 with 1144 viewsscottishjack

Glasgow Rangers... on 19:05 - Sep 2 by epaul

That's absolutely shocking...
Glasgow Rangers... on 22:59 - Sep 2 with 1111 viewsHighjack

When they got liquidated they immediately went out and bought a load of stars from SPL clubs, Cammy Bell, Dean Shiels, Templeton etc who were more than willing to drop down three levels to get a pay rise. They've gone on bringing in any big name they possibly can whilst they played against amateur (not even semi-pro) clubs.

They already had Lee Wallace and Mcculloch on big wages there along with a few others.

All through this Mccoist has been moaning that he has been unable to strengthen as much as he would like, despite landing all time SPL top scorer Kris Boyd and super Kenny 'tw at' Miller.

They had the best opportunity that could ever be presented to them in the history of their club. They would have romped away with divisions 3 and 2 with cheap youngsters and 45000 paying customers every week, they would have raked in the cash and arrived back in the SPL in good shape.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Glasgow Rangers... on 23:14 - Sep 2 with 1080 viewsQuakerJack

Glasgow Rangers... on 18:48 - Sep 2 by scottishjack

It's coming...they are stuggling without each other!

Yeah I agree. And strange as this sounds, if I was a Celtic fan I'd be praying they don't go to the wall because it's almost as big a nail in their coffin as it is Rangers'.

They're both fallen forces who are desperately clinging onto glory in the form of the odd European tie like the Barcelona one a few years ago, but ultimately, your league is the bedrock of your club and they're simply playing in a very poor league, due mainly to money, TV revenue or lack of and the natural evolution of the professional game.

I really don't know what these clubs do next. It must be tough to take but they need to review their long term plan and decide how to move forward because they can't survive living like premier league clubs but playing in a pub league and more importantly, they can't survive without each other.

Glasgow Rangers... on 04:39 - Sep 3 with 949 viewsScoobyWho

This is what happens when fans don't grow a pair and do it for themselves.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024