Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DIY SOS 20:08 - Sep 4 with 3935 viewsdickythorpe

Weekly tearjerker under way on BBC1. I'm sure theres a Gorseinon episode soon.
DIY SOS on 13:31 - Dec 19 with 1038 viewsAquinas

Watched 5 mins on and they've answered my question.

Silly me.
DIY SOS on 14:47 - Dec 19 with 994 viewspremierjack

DIY SOS on 08:18 - Dec 19 by 3swan

Seconded

For those who missed it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04vj1dg/diy-sos-series-26-1-the-big-build-

Thank you for the link.

Wow, what a amazing family.

Well done to every single person involved.
DIY SOS on 14:53 - Dec 19 with 987 viewsCountyJim

Just watched it on iplayer what a smashing lad and lovely Mum
DIY SOS on 18:59 - Dec 19 with 925 viewsRancid

I know the mother and she's lovely.Works in Gorseinon job centre she does.Great episode and I'll admit to being cynical in the past about it but last nights was superb.
DIY SOS on 19:07 - Dec 19 with 920 viewsmax936

DIY SOS on 18:59 - Dec 19 by Rancid

I know the mother and she's lovely.Works in Gorseinon job centre she does.Great episode and I'll admit to being cynical in the past about it but last nights was superb.

Does she get any home help or any care for the lad Chris, do you know?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

DIY SOS on 19:25 - Dec 19 with 904 viewsRancid

DIY SOS on 19:07 - Dec 19 by max936

Does she get any home help or any care for the lad Chris, do you know?

Not sure Steve.I know her but not well enough to know what help she might or might not get.She's a genuinely lovely girl though and I was surprised to see it was her and her son they were doing the work for.
DIY SOS on 19:57 - Dec 19 with 880 viewslondonlisa2001

Watched this on iplayer.

What a smashing family - lovely, lovely kid and lovely Mum and brother as well.

Brilliant that they could get some help - very sad when the Mum said that social services couldn't or wouldn't help unless she had a breakdown.

What a p**s awful hand some people get dealt. Glad to see the club giving him a shirt at the end with Montero, and always a joy to see the lovely Gaynor as well :-) Be brilliant if this young man could get a day out at a game as a guest of the club.
DIY SOS on 20:03 - Dec 19 with 866 viewsexiledclaseboy

DIY SOS on 19:57 - Dec 19 by londonlisa2001

Watched this on iplayer.

What a smashing family - lovely, lovely kid and lovely Mum and brother as well.

Brilliant that they could get some help - very sad when the Mum said that social services couldn't or wouldn't help unless she had a breakdown.

What a p**s awful hand some people get dealt. Glad to see the club giving him a shirt at the end with Montero, and always a joy to see the lovely Gaynor as well :-) Be brilliant if this young man could get a day out at a game as a guest of the club.

He can - for £500.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

DIY SOS on 20:08 - Dec 19 with 861 viewsSwanzay

DIY SOS on 20:03 - Dec 19 by exiledclaseboy

He can - for £500.

Im not on about being a mascot, just tickets for the family to watch a match and meet the players, as guest of the club, surely that cant be to much to ask?

He could sit next to Daz....
DIY SOS on 20:11 - Dec 19 with 855 viewsexiledclaseboy

DIY SOS on 20:08 - Dec 19 by Swanzay

Im not on about being a mascot, just tickets for the family to watch a match and meet the players, as guest of the club, surely that cant be to much to ask?

He could sit next to Daz....

Hasn't the poor kid been dealt a rough enough hand already? And you want to sit him next to Prosser? Dear god.

Poll: Tory leader

DIY SOS on 20:16 - Dec 19 with 851 viewsSwanzay

Well maybe the club could find it in the bank balance to wave the fee.....
DIY SOS on 20:18 - Dec 19 with 846 viewsmax936

DIY SOS on 19:25 - Dec 19 by Rancid

Not sure Steve.I know her but not well enough to know what help she might or might not get.She's a genuinely lovely girl though and I was surprised to see it was her and her son they were doing the work for.

Its a travesty if she can't, my lads a lot different needing care 24/7 but we'd be lost without care and respite, I know he's quite self suffuicent, but Mam as still got to be there for him, she's deserves some time away now and again, lovely family though, his brother is exactly like my lads big brother the bond is fantastic.

DIY SOS on 20:22 - Dec 19 with 837 viewsDr_Winston

DIY SOS on 18:59 - Dec 19 by Rancid

Only met her a couple of times via work, but plenty of people who know her better than me have nothing but good things to say about her.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

DIY SOS on 20:22 - Dec 19 with 835 viewsPhil_S

Club will be pointed the direction of this thread
DIY SOS on 20:24 - Dec 19 with 825 views3swan

DIY SOS on 20:22 - Dec 19 by Phil_S

Nice one Phil.

Let's hope they can do something................... maybe the club in the community initiative
DIY SOS on 20:25 - Dec 19 with 771 viewsNewhousemustscore

Just watched and I feel emotionally exhausted. In a week of depressing news my faith in humanity has been restored.i was wiping away the tears and smiling at the same time.

Aswell as the normal fee paying mascots the club could counter any criticism by allocating one mascot place for worthy cases like this free of charge. They could then justify charging what they like for the other places if they allocated free places for those less fortunate.
DIY SOS on 20:30 - Dec 19 with 755 viewsmax936

DIY SOS on 20:11 - Dec 19 by exiledclaseboy

Hasn't the poor kid been dealt a rough enough hand already? And you want to sit him next to Prosser? Dear god.

DIY SOS on 20:34 - Dec 19 with 745 viewsRancid

DIY SOS on 20:22 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

Only met her a couple of times via work, but plenty of people who know her better than me have nothing but good things to say about her.

I think her brother is a carpenter like me so we'd often chat about what he's doing and any decent jobs that came in she'd email them to me personally.She probably signs on 100's every day but to remember me and keep me in mind i was always grateful for.Some people have the caring gene in them and she certainly does.
DIY SOS on 20:34 - Dec 19 with 741 viewsSwanzay

DIY SOS on 20:22 - Dec 19 by Phil_S

What sort of response is that, just kind of shows we are drifting away from being a fans club...
Just get them to organise it FFS!
DIY SOS on 20:37 - Dec 19 with 730 viewsDr_Winston

DIY SOS on 20:34 - Dec 19 by Rancid

I think her brother is a carpenter like me so we'd often chat about what he's doing and any decent jobs that came in she'd email them to me personally.She probably signs on 100's every day but to remember me and keep me in mind i was always grateful for.Some people have the caring gene in them and she certainly does.

We're not all dole stopping bastards.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

DIY SOS on 20:38 - Dec 19 with 729 views3swan

DIY SOS on 20:34 - Dec 19 by Swanzay

What sort of response is that, just kind of shows we are drifting away from being a fans club...
Just get them to organise it FFS!

Bit unfair.

It will be down the the club to do, so that's all Phil can do is make it clear to the club that there is a suggestion.

The Trust can't make players available.

Let's see what reaction the club gives
DIY SOS on 20:40 - Dec 19 with 717 viewslondonlisa2001

DIY SOS on 20:03 - Dec 19 by exiledclaseboy

He can - for £500.

I think I've made my views on that particular issue known already :-)
DIY SOS on 20:41 - Dec 19 with 708 viewsSwanzay

DIY SOS on 20:38 - Dec 19 by 3swan

Bit unfair.

It will be down the the club to do, so that's all Phil can do is make it clear to the club that there is a suggestion.

The Trust can't make players available.

Let's see what reaction the club gives

Nonsense, the club give free tickets to bloody kunt Peter Hain for FFS.
DIY SOS on 20:43 - Dec 19 with 699 views3swan

DIY SOS on 20:41 - Dec 19 by Swanzay

Nonsense, the club give free tickets to bloody kunt Peter Hain for FFS.

So the club gave the tickets not the Trust.

Lets'not kill the carrier of the message before we even get a reply from the club.
DIY SOS on 20:51 - Dec 19 with 666 viewsSwanzay

DIY SOS on 20:43 - Dec 19 by 3swan

So the club gave the tickets not the Trust.

Lets'not kill the carrier of the message before we even get a reply from the club.

Well it was myself that suggested the idea originally, but it should be a no brainer for the club?

I hope the club will now follow through!

Ironically though this may not have anything directly to do with the trust, yet you seem to highlight the lack of power the trust has....even on this....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024