Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread 19:28 - Sep 10 with 4545 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Pre-meditated murder - NOT GUILTY

Culpable homicide - GUILTY

Discharging a firearm in public (1) - GUILTY

Discharging a firearm in public (2) - GUILTY

Illegal possession of ammunition - GUILTY

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:46 - Sep 12 with 1215 viewsFrank_Lazarus

I just rang up Hill's and asked for odds on him shooting someone else within five years of him getting out.

Woman said she'd refer my request to their Policy and Ethics Department.

I enquired whether this department was staffed by elves and unicorn.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:57 - Sep 12 with 1189 viewsjackonicko

So, OP walks out of court, having been found not guilty of murder.

Does that count as two miracles in one day?
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 06:31 - Oct 13 with 1121 viewsSwansNZ

Back in court today for sentencing.

1 day home detention and a 5 bob fine, no doubt

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 07:53 - Oct 13 with 1100 viewsorion3016

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 06:31 - Oct 13 by SwansNZ

Back in court today for sentencing.

1 day home detention and a 5 bob fine, no doubt

I reckon he'll do some time locked up but it'll be over in a flash and then sky news will do another week long episode of Oscar 's coming out party

Be over there now after

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:01 - Oct 13 with 1065 viewsYrAlarch

I see the whole thing (Trial & Sentencing) is played over two legs then.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:40 - Oct 21 with 954 viewsLe_Swans

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:01 - Oct 13 by YrAlarch

I see the whole thing (Trial & Sentencing) is played over two legs then.

5 Years for Culp Homicide and must serve 1/6th of it, so will likely be out within a year.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:15 - Oct 21 with 935 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:40 - Oct 21 by Le_Swans

5 Years for Culp Homicide and must serve 1/6th of it, so will likely be out within a year.

If you want to murder someone and get away with it, first become rich and famous.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:51 - Oct 21 with 898 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Disgusting.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 13:07 - Oct 21 with 889 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:51 - Oct 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Disgusting.

it is indeed.

Wouldn't fancy being him when he gets out.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 13:12 - Oct 21 with 875 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 13:07 - Oct 21 by londonlisa2001

it is indeed.

Wouldn't fancy being him when he gets out.

He'd have got more time if he sold somebody narcotics. Is human life valued that little in South Africa?

I know we moan about sentences here but killing someone and having a good chance of being released after 10 months?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 13:24 - Oct 21 with 865 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 13:12 - Oct 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He'd have got more time if he sold somebody narcotics. Is human life valued that little in South Africa?

I know we moan about sentences here but killing someone and having a good chance of being released after 10 months?

I think it shows that in South Africa at least (and indications from past cases suggest that it is similar in the US) not all human life is measured equally.

I feel so sad for her and her family. I am not one for the vigilante, and I am strongly against capital punishment, but I wouldn't lose much sleep if one of her relations found him in 10 months time.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 14:16 - Oct 21 with 834 viewsLe_Swans

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 13:12 - Oct 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I recall a South African getting about 80 odd years for killing a few Rhinos not so long ago, now obviously poaching animals is a terrible crime also, but surely taking a human life should be punished more severely.

EDIT: 77 Years he had, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28441261
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 14:24]
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 14:18 - Oct 21 with 832 viewsLohengrin

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 13:24 - Oct 21 by londonlisa2001

I think it shows that in South Africa at least (and indications from past cases suggest that it is similar in the US) not all human life is measured equally.

I feel so sad for her and her family. I am not one for the vigilante, and I am strongly against capital punishment, but I wouldn't lose much sleep if one of her relations found him in 10 months time.

A crime without witnesses was always going to be incredibly difficult to call.

Regardless of the court's decision he has to serve a life sentence all his own for this anyway. Don't be surprised if he does away with himself in the next few years. He already has that haunted look about him.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 14:56 - Oct 21 with 801 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 14:18 - Oct 21 by Lohengrin

Regardless of the court's decision he has to serve a life sentence all his own for this anyway. Don't be surprised if he does away with himself in the next few years. He already has that haunted look about him.

Suicide? There's more chance of finding Lord Lucan riding Shergar up and down Shaftesbury Avenue.

Wouldn't bet against a career on the stage though...
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 15:00 - Oct 21 with 795 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 14:18 - Oct 21 by Lohengrin

From the outside he looks perfectly fine.

He doesn't strike me as the type of person who'll commit suicide, he could be back in the Olympics in five years and training in less than 10 months.

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 15:25 - Oct 21 with 778 viewsLohengrin

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 14:56 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Suicide? There's more chance of finding Lord Lucan riding Shergar up and down Shaftesbury Avenue.

Wouldn't bet against a career on the stage though...

I've sniffed an opening and gone for it...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 15:51 - Oct 21 with 757 viewsC_jack

If they had to lock up every bugger who committed murder in SA for more than 10 years, then the jails would be over flowing.

In fact you'd probably be better off putting the innocent people in a high security facility.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024