Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread 19:28 - Sep 10 with 4549 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Pre-meditated murder - NOT GUILTY

Culpable homicide - GUILTY

Discharging a firearm in public (1) - GUILTY

Discharging a firearm in public (2) - GUILTY

Illegal possession of ammunition - GUILTY

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 11:56 - Sep 11 with 976 viewsZut_Alors

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 11:47 - Sep 11 by JackoBoostardo

Which indeed much of the evidence points towards - logically. But it's not conclusive and the court finds it circumstantial.

For the record - i believe he's guilty as f*ck for murder. But the courts there follow a very convoluted method that, whilst crap in itself, makes our justice system appear the best in the world.

So whilst he's now been found not guilty of murder, the judge has stated he did fire the shots that resulted in a death. As such, the judge is now exploring homicide (manslaughter).

Agree with all of that. I hope he gets the longest term possible for whatever he's convicted of, though.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:04 - Sep 11 with 968 viewsFrank_Lazarus

Let's be fair, who else was going to be in his toilet, Robert Runcie?

I'm no expert on house breaking, but I suspect that a haul of a toilet brush, some tampons and a couple of Glade plug-ins doesn't constitute much of a night's work.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:06 - Sep 11 with 961 viewsfbreath

Did he live in a bungalow or was this window several floors up.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:52 - Sep 11 with 909 viewsCatullus

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:06 - Sep 11 by fbreath

Did he live in a bungalow or was this window several floors up.

Ground floor wasn't it?

I think he's guilty as sin. I think he got away with murder. And I hope he gets the longest possible jail term.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:55 - Sep 11 with 907 viewsLeonisGod

On the beeb's live text:

"Culpable homicide involves falling short of the standards of a reasonable person, lawyer Michael Motsoeneng adds"

That's most of us lot f*cked then
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 13:28 - Sep 11 with 877 viewsC_jack

ffs, she's not half dragging this out.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 13:35 - Sep 11 with 865 viewsdickythorpe

Hopefully he'll top himself soon.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 14:41 - Sep 11 with 814 viewsHighjack

He was clever enlisting the services of the Celtic legal team after hearing they lost both legs and got away with it too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 15:07 - Sep 11 with 803 viewsmonmouth

So have I got this right then? By his own admission, he deliberately shot someone (he had no idea who) hiding in his locked bathroom, and it's definitely not murder?

Wow

It would clearly have been the same result had he not been famous.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 15:13 - Sep 11 with 799 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 15:07 - Sep 11 by monmouth

So have I got this right then? By his own admission, he deliberately shot someone (he had no idea who) hiding in his locked bathroom, and it's definitely not murder?

Wow

They couldn't prove beyond reasonable doubt whether he was knowingly shooting his wife or shooting an intruder.

Manslaughter was always going to be the likely outcome here.

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 18:28 - Sep 11 with 736 viewsperchrockjack

I can see a suspended sentence coming

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 18:37 - Sep 11 with 727 viewsMusical_Swan

Why the delay? She practically stated he was guilty of culpable homicide, but didn't drop the hammer on him? Why drag it out?

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 18:39 - Sep 11 with 720 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 18:37 - Sep 11 by Musical_Swan

Why the delay? She practically stated he was guilty of culpable homicide, but didn't drop the hammer on him? Why drag it out?

Maybe she's under instructions from person(s) in a higher echelon of power.

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 18:56 - Sep 11 with 711 viewsMusical_Swan

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 18:39 - Sep 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Maybe she's under instructions from person(s) in a higher echelon of power.

It did cross my mind. Can't really think of an acceptable reason.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 19:19 - Sep 11 with 698 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 12:04 - Sep 11 by Frank_Lazarus

Let's be fair, who else was going to be in his toilet, Robert Runcie?

I'm no expert on house breaking, but I suspect that a haul of a toilet brush, some tampons and a couple of Glade plug-ins doesn't constitute much of a night's work.

100% agree.
When he (allegedly) awoke and heard a noise in the bathroom, his missus not in bed next to him did it never cross his mind that the person in the toilet cubicle might be his beloved?
Did he not think to call out to whoever was in the bathroom "who's in there? If you don't reply I'm going to shoot?"
What kind of burglar goes on a job in an occupied house and thinks "that curry's worked it's way down quicker than I thought it would, I know I'll just have a dump and flush the chain and then carry on ransacking the house"?
It's murder all day long for me. If it WAS a burglar and you're standing there with a loaded gun in your hand it's your duty to offer the culprit to come out with his hands up . If he then decides to try to attack you shoot him in self defence.

This is bollocks of the highest order and I'm wondering if the authorities are trying to intervene to allow him to keep some dignity by pretending it's all some kind of a terrible and tragic accident. Arsewater it is.
It would be an insult to Ms Steenkamp and her family if he got anything less than murder one. The c*nt.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:08 - Sep 11 with 635 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 15:07 - Sep 11 by monmouth

Wow

Indeed.

If you want to kill someone you know, just wait until they go to toilet, and BANG! (of course, you have to be rich and famous).

Another OJ verdict.

The verdict is going the same way as the trial, we’ll be lucky to see all the verdicts this side of Christmas.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 21:48 - Sep 11 with 608 viewsperchrockjack

Tend to see where bryn is coming from but I couldn't see a guilty murder verdict.

I' could write a book about leeches and judges in chambers.

Public literally are clueless..

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 22:33 - Sep 11 with 588 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 21:48 - Sep 11 by perchrockjack

Tend to see where bryn is coming from but I couldn't see a guilty murder verdict.

I' could write a book about leeches and judges in chambers.

Public literally are clueless..

Oh no I agree in terms of black and white there is no way (unless he was recorded confessing to someone) that under the circumstances anyone could prove it was premeditated murder.
The cute c*nt and his defence team knew that if they stuck to the intruder story there could be no other outcome. But he's guilty as hell alright.
Let's hope that while he serves his 10-12 years that he either kills himself or some lag does the world a favour

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 23:14 - Sep 11 with 576 viewsperchrockjack

Bryn.
You may well,jokes aside, understand I've been in court many many times and have seen much.
It really is a game, like a public school debating contest after which the boys oh for a sh@g or a drink. I ve come out of a job and been in the same lift as barristers and we all had a good chortle about the pleb in the dock.
It's important they get a result, a reputation and then silk.

All are simply players in this game..

I could say much but as you know this site is rather insecure now so you ll have to await my book

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 08:59 - Sep 12 with 527 viewsFrank_Lazarus

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 19:19 - Sep 11 by Brynmill_Jack

100% agree.
When he (allegedly) awoke and heard a noise in the bathroom, his missus not in bed next to him did it never cross his mind that the person in the toilet cubicle might be his beloved?
Did he not think to call out to whoever was in the bathroom "who's in there? If you don't reply I'm going to shoot?"
What kind of burglar goes on a job in an occupied house and thinks "that curry's worked it's way down quicker than I thought it would, I know I'll just have a dump and flush the chain and then carry on ransacking the house"?
It's murder all day long for me. If it WAS a burglar and you're standing there with a loaded gun in your hand it's your duty to offer the culprit to come out with his hands up . If he then decides to try to attack you shoot him in self defence.

This is bollocks of the highest order and I'm wondering if the authorities are trying to intervene to allow him to keep some dignity by pretending it's all some kind of a terrible and tragic accident. Arsewater it is.
It would be an insult to Ms Steenkamp and her family if he got anything less than murder one. The c*nt.

(inderterminate noise in background)
'Wet wis thit sand, River?'

'River, ah thunk this a buggler on thin both rim.'

'River.'

'Arm fitching ma postal.'

'River?'

'Rat, arm gun to sh*t hum. Prib lee a blick. Nut thit arm a rice ist, ib vice lee.'

I can't do the accent.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 9:03]
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:23 - Sep 12 with 514 viewsSwansNZ

Guilty - hope the b@stard goes away for a long time

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:26 - Sep 12 with 504 viewsperchrockjack

Frankie the flying qpr winger.well oil beef hooked

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:30 - Sep 12 with 500 viewsmonmouth

"The evidence failed to prove the accused had intention [to kill]," she said. "The accused had the intention to shoot at the person behind the door, not to kill."

I still can't get my head around this, I really can't. How can you ever prove intention in these circumstances then? So if you want to kill some one, shoot the fu*k out of them when you can't see them.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:32 - Sep 12 with 498 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:30 - Sep 12 by monmouth

"The evidence failed to prove the accused had intention [to kill]," she said. "The accused had the intention to shoot at the person behind the door, not to kill."

I still can't get my head around this, I really can't. How can you ever prove intention in these circumstances then? So if you want to kill some one, shoot the fu*k out of them when you can't see them.

Only if you are rich and famous - do not try this at home folks!

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:40 - Sep 12 with 486 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 08:59 - Sep 12 by Frank_Lazarus

(inderterminate noise in background)
'Wet wis thit sand, River?'

'River, ah thunk this a buggler on thin both rim.'

'River.'

'Arm fitching ma postal.'

'River?'

'Rat, arm gun to sh*t hum. Prib lee a blick. Nut thit arm a rice ist, ib vice lee.'

I can't do the accent.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 9:03]

I read that in Oscar's voice (in my head).

It's a joke that for a man to fight his whole life against being called disabled, and wanting to be treated as an able bodied person, that he now uses a "disability" as an excuse.

This is nothing other than simple coaching by his defense briefs.

Murder is unnecessarily difficult to prove in courts (in the UK too, not just South Africa). The element on courts to prove beyond reasonable doubt means that unless the accused has left a death threat just prior to taking the actions, then the accused will receive a manslaughter charge.

He knew someone was in the toilet, and he fired his gun knowing harm was likely - it's therefore murder. However, the fact he felt 'vulnerable as a result of his disability' meant this became self defense. Ridiculous!

I'm hoping his life is hell in prison. While there may be a lack of evidence to support a murder conviction in court - it's clear to all he's guilty in the same way as OJ Simpson was!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024