Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC 18:56 - Sep 12 with 109681 viewsSwanzay

As the HD pack on Mash Up is now defunct for this season, what to peeps recommend for watching the Swans via XBMC?

Kiwi sports any good?

Bein sports via Navi X?

Thanks in advance
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:42 - Sep 21 with 10582 viewsShaky

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:04 - Sep 21 by jack_lord

Reading other clubs forums and they talk about offside streams and ontapp so getting all the Sky stuff and movies and sports for 12- 13 pounds a month. Anyone got any ideas of similar or better?

Yesterday I couldn't find any free HD streams for the game via P2P Streams, but doubt that the paid options you mentioned would have been any different.

As for movies (and TV) 'iStream' - which is basically an aggregator of a series of different plugins - is the hands down best option and is entirely free.

As regards getting some dedicated hardware, an Android box is probably the best option if you just want to run xbmc.

I personally have a regular PC running Ubuntu with a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) called Myth TV that gives me the Freeview channels that can be streamed inside my network, Blueray playback, quality soundcard for HiFi audio, etc. Not only is this technically more capable, but is also looks much nicer in the lounge, however, it is more expensive and challenging to set up, and you might need somebody to help you since the hardware is usually custom built.

If you are interested the key step is to select an attractive case; see if there is anything here that grabs your eye: http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/cases/home-theatre-cases

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:48 - Sep 21 with 10573 viewsShaky

BTW the only gripe I have with my system is that the range on my remote control is crap. Does anybody have any experience of how to improve this on custom systems they can share?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:43 - Sep 21 with 10539 viewsswans11

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:48 - Sep 21 by Shaky

BTW the only gripe I have with my system is that the range on my remote control is crap. Does anybody have any experience of how to improve this on custom systems they can share?

You can get xbmc remote for your phone works quite good just needs be connected same network as xbmc is fairly straightforward to setup
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:49 - Sep 21 with 10531 viewsNeathJack

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 14:04 - Sep 21 by jack_lord

Reading other clubs forums and they talk about offside streams and ontapp so getting all the Sky stuff and movies and sports for 12- 13 pounds a month. Anyone got any ideas of similar or better?

Offside Streams is the same as the Streamtvbox site I mentioned on the first page of the thread. £10.99 a month and it's top drawer. All the Sky sports & movie channels. BT sport. NBC Sports. All the Bein Sports channels. All the NFL & MLB games and Canadian Sports channels which are excellent for PL streams.

http://streamtvbox.com/site/
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 17:04 - Sep 21 with 10518 viewsShaky

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:43 - Sep 21 by swans11

You can get xbmc remote for your phone works quite good just needs be connected same network as xbmc is fairly straightforward to setup

Thanks, I've already got that but would prefer to have my MCE remote control working (I paid a lot less): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anyware-HA-IR01SV-Multimedia-control-infrared/dp/B00123U

The basic infrared technology is very mature, and I am wondering if it is the actual remote, the IR receiver, or the Linux setup up that is not working properly. . . ??

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 17:45 - Sep 21 with 10474 viewsswans11

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 17:04 - Sep 21 by Shaky

Thanks, I've already got that but would prefer to have my MCE remote control working (I paid a lot less): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anyware-HA-IR01SV-Multimedia-control-infrared/dp/B00123U

The basic infrared technology is very mature, and I am wondering if it is the actual remote, the IR receiver, or the Linux setup up that is not working properly. . . ??

No idea on that remote sorry
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:57 - Sep 21 with 10442 viewsJack123

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 12:02 - Sep 20 by NeathJack

I've got a Gbox MX2 which is fine. I'm eyeing up the Amazon Fire TV box which is out next month. It's been out in thr US for a fee months and is getting good reviews for xbmc.

Will that Fire Box be ok to use xbmc on? Watched a youtube video and it seemed like it was tricky to put it on there?

libera nos a malo

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 19:09 - Sep 21 with 10436 viewsNeathJack

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 18:57 - Sep 21 by Jack123

Will that Fire Box be ok to use xbmc on? Watched a youtube video and it seemed like it was tricky to put it on there?

It should be. I haven't looked yet at how to do it but I've seen that there are videos showing how so it should just be a case of following the video directions I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 22:51 - Sep 21 with 10398 viewsJack123

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 19:09 - Sep 21 by NeathJack

It should be. I haven't looked yet at how to do it but I've seen that there are videos showing how so it should just be a case of following the video directions I guess.

Ok, thanks..

libera nos a malo

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 23:06 - Sep 21 with 10394 viewsNeathJack

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 22:51 - Sep 21 by Jack123

Ok, thanks..

Although I've had no problems with the Gbox MX2 which for £60 odd is good value.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Box-Midnight-MX2-Android-Streaming/dp/B00CH643A8
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 21:20 - Sep 22 with 10317 viewsNeathJack

For anyone not going tomorrow, the game is on Bein 12.
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 16:03 - Sep 23 with 10221 viewsShaky

If anybody is using the P2P Streams plug I mentioned recently, the majority of the parser links in the YouTube vid stopped working a few days ago.

The following replaces them and looks to be a more robust solution with some kind of online repository that should automatically update.

See:

(For some reason I can't get any sound on that vid, but I have been using some special audio software that hijacks my soundcard that may be the reason for that, and the screencast should be self-explanatory anyway.)

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 07:57 - Sep 26 with 10123 viewsShaky

Anybody got any good links to the Ryder Cup?

FWIW it is on F+ in HD via the torrent-tv.ru parser for P2P streams, but with some kind of Slavic commentary.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 08:06 - Sep 26 with 10110 viewsShaky

Oops -- F+ now showing women's tennis :-o

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 08:31 - Sep 26 with 10090 viewsShaky

Doh! Available from multiple sources in Acestream via Wysiwig.

Brain not yet fully engaged.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 11:05 - Sep 27 with 9937 viewsPolskijack

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 08:31 - Sep 26 by Shaky

Doh! Available from multiple sources in Acestream via Wysiwig.

Brain not yet fully engaged.

We are on NBC Sports extra today so it might be worth giving this new addon a try:

https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin.video.nbcsnliveextra

Just download the zip link on the right of the page and add to XBMC in the usual way.

Not tried to watch any games yet but the Ryder cup broadcast works well.
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 11:51 - Sep 27 with 9890 viewsHugeEnkins

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 11:05 - Sep 27 by Polskijack

We are on NBC Sports extra today so it might be worth giving this new addon a try:

Just download the zip link on the right of the page and add to XBMC in the usual way.

This looks the bullocks, assuming it works for the footie. Nice one mukka.
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 12:16 - Sep 27 with 9868 viewsShaky

Dzienki!

I'll try to install this when the morning's fourballs are complete.

Have to say I have been watching the Sky Sports Ryder Cup Acestream feed since early yesterday and it has been rock solid.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 12:37 - Sep 27 with 9838 viewsSwanzay

Thanks for link, could anyone please provide a quick run through guide as to how you add/install it to XBMC, I cant seem to get it to work.

Thanks in advance
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 13:27]
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:36 - Sep 27 with 9768 viewsShaky

Unfortunately none of it seems to be working for me, and I was waiting long enough for the links to load I could have been halfway to Czestochowa!

Hope the developer can get this working though . . .

Misology -- It's a bitch

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:40 - Sep 27 with 9757 viewsossie_jacks

are the swans on bein today anyone?
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:41 - Sep 27 with 9756 viewsSwanzay

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:36 - Sep 27 by Shaky

Unfortunately none of it seems to be working for me, and I was waiting long enough for the links to load I could have been halfway to Czestochowa!

Hope the developer can get this working though . . .

How were you doing it Shaky? Do you go into Systems then file setting, where from there? Where is the web like in order to get the repository?

Thanks!
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:44 - Sep 27 with 9748 viewsNeathJack

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:40 - Sep 27 by ossie_jacks

Nope only on NBC Extra Time.
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:45 - Sep 27 with 9745 viewsNeathJack

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:40 - Sep 27 by ossie_jacks

Full list of channels showing the game today:

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/1207056/sunderland-vs-swansea-city/
Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:46 - Sep 27 with 9739 viewsSwanzay

Watching the Swans tomorrow via XBMC on 13:44 - Sep 27 by NeathJack