Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a king: The review 20:25 - Sep 12 with 32396 viewsPlazex

RATING OUT OF 10-No, I am being serious. A big 10.
It follows the story of Swansea from when they had the rollercoaster ride in 2001-2003 to where they are now. Some parts had the cinema laughing, especially the guys in the masks. Another part that was funny was the 'T.W.A.T.' Headline that had everyone laughing
I'm not gonna say that much, It is around an hour 30 long. Seriously, it's worth the 9 quid or whatever it is.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack to a king: The review on 23:46 - Sep 18 with 2220 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 23:38 - Sep 18 by Swanseajill

There could have been five minutes relating to what fans have for breakfast before a game.

Choose any pub of your liking!

Now that would have been better. Am sure beer would have featured highly. Shame some footage of the carnage in the Hercules Pillars after that final couldn't have been crowbarred in ... never known a celebration like that. As you know, some people couldn't speak the next day ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jack to a king: The review on 23:48 - Sep 18 with 2218 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 23:41 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

G might lorr.

And thanks

Things will be ok Rich, keep chins pointing up mate.
Jack to a king: The review on 23:54 - Sep 18 with 2207 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 23:46 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

Now that would have been better. Am sure beer would have featured highly. Shame some footage of the carnage in the Hercules Pillars after that final couldn't have been crowbarred in ... never known a celebration like that. As you know, some people couldn't speak the next day ...

Some never to be forgotten memories of all Wembley trips, except some who can't take their liqueur ...can't quite remember the actual game
...refer to repeat viewings is a miracle for some

Just saying like ...
Jack to a king: The review on 23:58 - Sep 18 with 2200 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 23:54 - Sep 18 by Swanseajill

Some never to be forgotten memories of all Wembley trips, except some who can't take their liqueur ...can't quite remember the actual game
...refer to repeat viewings is a miracle for some

Just saying like ...

I suspect that's one game we've all seen a dozen times!

Jack to a king: The review on 00:09 - Sep 19 with 2182 viewsTNT

Jack to a king: The review on 23:44 - Sep 18 by Tom1912

Me too!

Just about double figures in the audience too

20+ mun!

Nothing like a new song...

...'We took your cin e ma, we took your cin e ma (repeat ad nauseum)

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Jack to a king: The review on 00:58 - Sep 19 with 2154 viewsChief

Jack to a king: The review on 23:28 - Sep 18 by Tom1912

Saw it tonight with a mate who's not a Swans fan and his first comment was, "it was good but who was that weetabix girl and why was she on it so much?""

I really enjoyed it. Certainly had goosebumps reliving the Hull and Wembley games on the big screen. Main criticism would be the skipping of Jackett's promotion. Could understand skipping Sousa's boring reign of stability but the League 2 promotion was very important in our rise.

Did laugh at Martinez' justification for leaving mind.

I think its ballux too. she didn't have vodka on her wheatbix. if she did wouldn't have been allowed on the supporters bus to go to London that morning

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jack to a king: The review on 02:20 - Sep 19 with 2121 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a king: The review on 00:09 - Sep 19 by TNT

20+ mun!

Nothing like a new song...

...'We took your cin e ma, we took your cin e ma (repeat ad nauseum)

And Cardiff's film ?
;-)
Nobody will write a film about a Bunch of red seats even if you include some celebrity seeking ponce eating vodka rice crispies.

Mal pope. Give me a fu cking break.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 2:21]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jack to a king: The review on 07:42 - Sep 19 with 2044 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 00:58 - Sep 19 by Chief

I think its ballux too. she didn't have vodka on her wheatbix. if she did wouldn't have been allowed on the supporters bus to go to London that morning

Yeah I'm sure nobody was drunk that morning. ..

Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a king: The review on 09:59 - Sep 19 with 1960 viewsTom1912

Why would you actually put Vodka on your cereal? It would taste disgusting. Surely you’d just have your cereal and have a drink at the same time if you wanted some alcohol.
Jack to a king: The review on 10:20 - Sep 19 with 1946 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack to a king: The review on 09:59 - Sep 19 by Tom1912

Why would you actually put Vodka on your cereal? It would taste disgusting. Surely you’d just have your cereal and have a drink at the same time if you wanted some alcohol.

Of course the silly bitch didn't put vodka on her Weetabix.
Don't know why she wasn't interviewed let alone allowed to get away with spouting such utterly juvenile bollocks.
Jack to a king: The review on 10:23 - Sep 19 with 1942 viewsCaptain_Sham

Jack to a king: The review on 10:20 - Sep 19 by WarwickHunt

Of course the silly bitch didn't put vodka on her Weetabix.
Don't know why she wasn't interviewed let alone allowed to get away with spouting such utterly juvenile bollocks.

She wrote in the program for while, and it appears the only reason for that was that she had stupid hair.

Its just a ride.

Jack to a king: The review on 11:05 - Sep 19 with 1898 viewsjedijack

Went to watch the film on Monday and came out totally underwhelmed. The 90 minutes could have been spent on better things than the Weetabix girl bullsh*t and bobby's parents surely!

On a few occasions a tear came to my eye but that was soon wiped away by the general crassness of the whole thing. Came out of there more annoyed by it than anything else.

Thought the fall and rise did it much better personally.
Jack to a king: The review on 11:18 - Sep 19 with 1878 viewsTom1912

I enjoyed the bit on Martinez and Huw's parents
Jack to a king: The review on 11:32 - Sep 19 with 1863 viewspencoedjack

Went last night thoroughly enjoyed it ... a tear in the eye.
Jack to a king: The review on 11:39 - Sep 19 with 1854 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a king: The review on 11:18 - Sep 19 by Tom1912

I enjoyed the bit on Martinez and Huw's parents

Me too. With the RM parents bit, I was disappointed when his mother didn't say her name was Roberto too. Classic Sparticus moment missed there. Shame.

Jack to a king: The review on 23:35 - Sep 19 with 1735 viewswestx

I watched this again this evening and its quite sad just how much screen time was devoted to Miss Vodka especially when as others were said no mention of Kenny Jackett or a promotion winning season

Right up there with a good X-factor sob story a good but of Mal Pope taking the piss out of the club for his own personal gain

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Jack to a king: The review on 23:48 - Sep 19 with 1713 viewsPapaLazarou

6.7/10 for me.

As previously stated, glaring omissions of Kenny Jackett & Forbes' goal at Bury, could easily have been fitted in.

No word from Monk or Tate, would have been great to hear their thoughts on the Reading game.

The Jenkins family bit was funny, but seemed a bit over-egged and went on for too long.

The North Bank Alliance bit seemed terribly staged, and wreaked to me of Mal Pope's "creative directing".

I haven't heard one person say something positive about the role of Vodka girl either...
Jack to a king: The review on 23:49 - Sep 19 with 1710 viewsmax936

Jack to a king: The review on 11:32 - Sep 19 by pencoedjack

Went last night thoroughly enjoyed it ... a tear in the eye.

Mrs and I went tonite realy enjoyed tears and laughter sometimes at the same time [lo], but I think a lot of people who have contributed greatly to the club have been missed out, which is a bit disappointing, but that said its a must watch and I'd watch it again.

Whose the Vodka girl though, there seemed to be a lot of focus on her.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jack to a king: The review on 00:02 - Sep 20 with 1691 viewswestx

Jack to a king: The review on 23:49 - Sep 19 by max936

Mrs and I went tonite realy enjoyed tears and laughter sometimes at the same time [lo], but I think a lot of people who have contributed greatly to the club have been missed out, which is a bit disappointing, but that said its a must watch and I'd watch it again.

Whose the Vodka girl though, there seemed to be a lot of focus on her.

There are too many people asking about the Vodka girl which shows they got that completely wrong? No part in the story for her really or the old Trust woman but thats publicity hungry people for you

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Jack to a king: The review on 00:09 - Sep 20 with 1676 viewsTim_Harry

I enjoyed it, but mainly because of what it was about and not because it was particularly well made. I think I'd enjoy any film that has highlights of the Hull and Reading games in it... even if it was just put together on someone's laptop. Having said that, it did get the emotions going. Mumbling "for f**k's sake" to myself at Jenkins and Howard's mistakes and punching the air when the goals were going in. I've watched those games loads of times since, but they still get me.

Not sure why the makers couldn't see that the vodka girl was just an attention seeker making up a lie to get in the film. Vodka with Weetabix. Come on! FFS!

I'd give it 8/10.
Jack to a king: The review on 00:16 - Sep 20 with 1662 viewsmax936

Jack to a king: The review on 00:02 - Sep 20 by westx

There are too many people asking about the Vodka girl which shows they got that completely wrong? No part in the story for her really or the old Trust woman but thats publicity hungry people for you

Why didn't Brendan have a spot I'd like to know, I'd be surprised and disappointed if he refused, Tatey as well, he always speaks well for me, the omission of Kenny as well, he wasn't even mentioned, even Sousa even for all his fauts, other significant members of the trust weren't mentioned either including Phil Sumbler.

It was what it was at the end of the day though and for the most part it was well put together and enjoyable, so on the whole its worth an 8,1/2 out of 10 for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jack to a king: The review on 00:27 - Sep 20 with 1635 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So my predictions that the vodka lady would make not aid the film has proven correct. What a surprise. #DwightisRight.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jack to a king: The review on 00:33 - Sep 20 with 1623 viewsLiberty

Jack to a king: The review on 00:27 - Sep 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So my predictions that the vodka lady would make not aid the film has proven correct. What a surprise. #DwightisRight.

Honestly think it's time for you to find another forum to spoil. All bored of it now.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Jack to a king: The review on 00:36 - Sep 20 with 1614 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Jack to a king: The review on 00:33 - Sep 20 by Liberty

Honestly think it's time for you to find another forum to spoil. All bored of it now.

I spoil the forum? I posted an opinion regarding a scene from the film a few weeks ago which many people attacked me for.

Now it is a generally accepted opinion and it feels nice to be vindicated.

People who spoil the forum are the people who take threads off topic such as what you have done here.

You've been one of my favourite posters for the past month. I hope you aren't returning to the foul mouthed midnight keyboard warrior you once were.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jack to a king: The review on 00:43 - Sep 20 with 1606 viewsLiberty

Jack to a king: The review on 00:36 - Sep 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I spoil the forum? I posted an opinion regarding a scene from the film a few weeks ago which many people attacked me for.

Now it is a generally accepted opinion and it feels nice to be vindicated.

People who spoil the forum are the people who take threads off topic such as what you have done here.

You've been one of my favourite posters for the past month. I hope you aren't returning to the foul mouthed midnight keyboard warrior you once were.

None has been more foul mouthed than you to me.

Just think you are losing the plot lately. Outlandish posts for sake of it, carry on if makes you happy to get such reactions. Which you will get with posts you are making.

Just seems a bit immature when reading them. Attention seeking.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024