Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a king: The review 20:25 - Sep 12 with 32091 viewsPlazex

RATING OUT OF 10-No, I am being serious. A big 10.
It follows the story of Swansea from when they had the rollercoaster ride in 2001-2003 to where they are now. Some parts had the cinema laughing, especially the guys in the masks. Another part that was funny was the 'T.W.A.T.' Headline that had everyone laughing
I'm not gonna say that much, It is around an hour 30 long. Seriously, it's worth the 9 quid or whatever it is.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack to a king: The review on 00:55 - Sep 20 with 1926 viewsPlazex

Weetabix woman ate the vodka weetabix whilst watching the Nottingham Forest semi final game, not the morning of the game. It's all clear in the film, too late to go see now. Out on amazon boxing day.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack to a king: The review on 01:00 - Sep 20 with 1915 viewsLiberty

Jack to a king: The review on 00:55 - Sep 20 by Plazex

Weetabix woman ate the vodka weetabix whilst watching the Nottingham Forest semi final game, not the morning of the game. It's all clear in the film, too late to go see now. Out on amazon boxing day.

The film is being shown in many local cimemas over next month for those who wish to watch it. Some will have Mal Pope doing a Q&A after if you have any.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Jack to a king: The review on 01:30 - Sep 20 with 1888 viewsDyfnant

Jack to a king: The review on 00:55 - Sep 20 by Plazex

So she didn't even watch it live, bloody plastic

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jack to a king: The review on 01:52 - Sep 20 with 1870 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a king: The review on 00:02 - Sep 20 by westx

There are too many people asking about the Vodka girl which shows they got that completely wrong? No part in the story for her really or the old Trust woman but thats publicity hungry people for you

Its time then that this website started a thread to honour those who have been missed out, what they did and when they did it. Fking sick of hearing about this idiot, she must have some fine old contacts to be involved soooo much. Yes, its a great story but fck me it ain't been told right.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jack to a king: The review on 07:24 - Sep 20 with 1793 viewsBillyChong

6.5/10. A bit like watching match of the day after being to the actual match. Spotted a lot of people in the crowds at the vetch, at the trust meetings etc who could have provided some fantastic anecdotes compared to a tale of watching such a big match in the house eating vodka weetabix. The Brian Katzen 9/11 tale is one that I often forget and makes you wonder what he would have done.
Jack to a king: The review on 08:23 - Sep 20 with 1754 viewsNeath_Jack

Not sure why all the hate for Abi, bit of a silly thing to say, but who hasn't said stupid things at that age ffs. She's a massive Swans fan, goes home and away, including the european games. It wouldn't surprise me if that gets cut from the DVD release due to all the abuse she is getting, especially on Twitter.

*Still haven't seen the film, so no ratings from me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Jack to a king: The review on 08:53 - Sep 20 with 1715 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack to a king: The review on 08:23 - Sep 20 by Neath_Jack

Not sure why all the hate for Abi, bit of a silly thing to say, but who hasn't said stupid things at that age ffs. She's a massive Swans fan, goes home and away, including the european games. It wouldn't surprise me if that gets cut from the DVD release due to all the abuse she is getting, especially on Twitter.

*Still haven't seen the film, so no ratings from me.

I think the abuse is aimed at the f*ckwits who gave her something of a starring role and left that pathetic adolescent nonsense in - especially when Rich Lillicrap, one of the real heroes, doesn't even get a name check.
Jack to a king: The review on 09:05 - Sep 20 with 1699 viewswestx

Jack to a king: The review on 08:53 - Sep 20 by WarwickHunt

I think the abuse is aimed at the f*ckwits who gave her something of a starring role and left that pathetic adolescent nonsense in - especially when Rich Lillicrap, one of the real heroes, doesn't even get a name check.

This is it for me. bar the made up story about Vodka on Weetabix that is done for effect she only responded to what she was asked she just jumped to the front of the queue ahead of worthy people

Much like that rrust woman who is equally as cringeworthy

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a king: The review on 09:08 - Sep 20 with 1694 viewsJethroJack

Saw the film with my missus at the Odeon Panton St West End yesterday.......8/10 with the following thoughts.....

1. Should have given at least some credit to Kenny Jackett, who's still proving what a good manager he is at Wolves (not to mention the fact that his old man was born & bred in Ystalyfera and was a friend of my 89yr old Mam before Watford FC signed him up).

2. Should have interviewed more fans plus Monks & Tatey.

3. The extensive chat with Roberto was completely undone by his very poor explanation as to why he left us for Wigan.

4. It was interesting to find out that HJ is/was a 'shrinking violet' (according to his parents) and the 'meanest of the bunch' (according to Leigh Dineen).

5. Whilst I agree that Garry's block was vital against Reading, for me the result was never in doubt.......an unforgettable day! When we were snaking our way back to the train, some old wag in the queue said to Reading fan..."do us a favour butt, give Cardiff a couple of good pastings next season for us".
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 9:10]
Jack to a king: The review on 09:12 - Sep 20 with 1681 viewsDr_Winston

Still not seen it yet (will wait for the DVD) but everytihng I've read about the film suggests that it's less a true document of the events that lead us to our present position and more of a chance for certain self-publicists to give themselves a boost with a bit of football chucked in.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 9:13]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack to a king: The review on 09:15 - Sep 20 with 1668 viewspencoedjack

Jack to a king: The review on 09:08 - Sep 20 by JethroJack

Saw the film with my missus at the Odeon Panton St West End yesterday.......8/10 with the following thoughts.....

1. Should have given at least some credit to Kenny Jackett, who's still proving what a good manager he is at Wolves (not to mention the fact that his old man was born & bred in Ystalyfera and was a friend of my 89yr old Mam before Watford FC signed him up).

2. Should have interviewed more fans plus Monks & Tatey.

3. The extensive chat with Roberto was completely undone by his very poor explanation as to why he left us for Wigan.

4. It was interesting to find out that HJ is/was a 'shrinking violet' (according to his parents) and the 'meanest of the bunch' (according to Leigh Dineen).

5. Whilst I agree that Garry's block was vital against Reading, for me the result was never in doubt.......an unforgettable day! When we were snaking our way back to the train, some old wag in the queue said to Reading fan..."do us a favour butt, give Cardiff a couple of good pastings next season for us".
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 9:10]

Point 5 .... Do you mean 'for me the result was never in doubt.......an unforgettable day! '

You got better nerves than me mate
Jack to a king: The review on 09:32 - Sep 20 with 1637 viewsMoscowJack

Jack to a king: The review on 09:05 - Sep 20 by westx

This is it for me. bar the made up story about Vodka on Weetabix that is done for effect she only responded to what she was asked she just jumped to the front of the queue ahead of worthy people

Much like that rrust woman who is equally as cringeworthy

The old Trust woman is the one we refer to as Mad Mazza. She stuck her face in front of the camera as often as possible but ran a mile when there was real work to be done. Mad Mazza was often seen sitting in the Director's Box while the "bucket collectors" stood on the North Bank. Even her husband, Norman (or No-Man as he was called because she DEFINITELY wore the trousers) couldn't be bothered to lower himself to helping the bucket collectors.

As soon as the Trust became a bit less visible (but no less important, of course) she ran as fast as her wrinkled old legs would take her. That turned out to be a good thing in the end, I suppose.

The Swans story, as someone above said, would be a 9/10 for most of us if it was done on someone's laptop. Put footage together of Hull, Bury, Gillingham, Barnsley at the Millennium and Wembley together with interviews of HJ, MM, RM, LT10, Monk, Tate, Leon, Flynn, Jackett, Sousa and Rodgers and we would be laughing and crying our way through the thing. It's a simple formula.

Spending a lot of time on Mad Mazza and Weetabix girl still could not have spoiled the enjoyment of the good parts - that's a given.

What irks me is that the 5+ minutes they were given should have been given to Phil S or Huw Cooze from the Trust who could have mentioned many things far more relative - for example, the effects of Richard Lillicrap's involvement. His experience with our Trust, before he sadly died, inspired him to help other Trusts so much that they (National Football Trust people) have an annual award in his name now. HOW could that not be an essential part of the story? Why weren't Huw or Phil asked to recall this and other vital moments of the story, like when Phil was on here "live" feeding us info about Roger Freestone, Kris O'Leary, Leon etc all getting fired by Petty? One-by-one Phil was posting as he got texts from Roger, Cusack etc and posted "Roger...fired"...5 minutes later.... "Jenkins....fired". Nobody could believe it and it was SURELY more appropriate than Weetabix girl or the wrinkled old attention-seeker.

As I said, the film's ALWAYS going to be a 9/10 at least for Swans fans, but the REAL story was good enough not to have tried to add crap to fill gaps that weren't there.

Maybe Abi (is that her name?) did a deal with Mal - you do the social media and I'll give you 5 mins of fame. That seems like the most likely scenario to me as it doesn't make sense otherwise.

I suppose it's still possible to add extra footage for the DVD and I would really like to think that all the above comments about Jackett and Rodgers missing are also taking into consideration.

While I'm ranting, I may as well ask why the fcuk would the DVD be released on Boxing Day when it's the perfect stocking-filler for Christmas presents?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Jack to a king: The review on 09:56 - Sep 20 with 1588 viewsJethroJack

Jack to a king: The review on 09:15 - Sep 20 by pencoedjack

Point 5 .... Do you mean 'for me the result was never in doubt.......an unforgettable day! '

You got better nerves than me mate

Yes, I do mean point 5. It's one of the rare occasions that I've felt we would definitely win, even when it went 3-0...3-1...3-2 and nearly 3-3. Garry's block & the woodwork had me thinking....they'll never score rather than they're bound to score a 3rd & 4th.
Jack to a king: The review on 10:30 - Sep 20 with 1540 viewsmax936

Jack to a king: The review on 09:12 - Sep 20 by Dr_Winston

Still not seen it yet (will wait for the DVD) but everytihng I've read about the film suggests that it's less a true document of the events that lead us to our present position and more of a chance for certain self-publicists to give themselves a boost with a bit of football chucked in.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 9:13]

Its well worth seeing Doc, but just enjoy it the Story is a good one, I know there's some glaring omissions, but just take it for what it is, as in fairness its never been done before at any club, so for just that itself it deserves enormous credit to the makers, IMHO.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jack to a king: The review on 00:33 - Sep 21 with 1391 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just got back, as most say its a must for any Swans fan. Enjoyed Curt, Leon and RM. ( Roberto's father looks a bit sinister, wouldn't mess with him). As for him leaving to help us progress, that was bollocks, it did help but that's the way it worked out, not what he had planned. Loved HJ saying as soon as you realise all players and managers will walk out the door for a step up even marginal, they will almost always go, you can deal with it and get the next one in.
The 2 guys in the balaclava's made me laugh, "I knew Lee, I mean John".
Jack to a king: The review on 09:28 - Sep 21 with 1329 viewswestx

Jack to a king: The review on 09:32 - Sep 20 by MoscowJack

The old Trust woman is the one we refer to as Mad Mazza. She stuck her face in front of the camera as often as possible but ran a mile when there was real work to be done. Mad Mazza was often seen sitting in the Director's Box while the "bucket collectors" stood on the North Bank. Even her husband, Norman (or No-Man as he was called because she DEFINITELY wore the trousers) couldn't be bothered to lower himself to helping the bucket collectors.

As soon as the Trust became a bit less visible (but no less important, of course) she ran as fast as her wrinkled old legs would take her. That turned out to be a good thing in the end, I suppose.

The Swans story, as someone above said, would be a 9/10 for most of us if it was done on someone's laptop. Put footage together of Hull, Bury, Gillingham, Barnsley at the Millennium and Wembley together with interviews of HJ, MM, RM, LT10, Monk, Tate, Leon, Flynn, Jackett, Sousa and Rodgers and we would be laughing and crying our way through the thing. It's a simple formula.

Spending a lot of time on Mad Mazza and Weetabix girl still could not have spoiled the enjoyment of the good parts - that's a given.

What irks me is that the 5+ minutes they were given should have been given to Phil S or Huw Cooze from the Trust who could have mentioned many things far more relative - for example, the effects of Richard Lillicrap's involvement. His experience with our Trust, before he sadly died, inspired him to help other Trusts so much that they (National Football Trust people) have an annual award in his name now. HOW could that not be an essential part of the story? Why weren't Huw or Phil asked to recall this and other vital moments of the story, like when Phil was on here "live" feeding us info about Roger Freestone, Kris O'Leary, Leon etc all getting fired by Petty? One-by-one Phil was posting as he got texts from Roger, Cusack etc and posted "Roger...fired"...5 minutes later.... "Jenkins....fired". Nobody could believe it and it was SURELY more appropriate than Weetabix girl or the wrinkled old attention-seeker.

As I said, the film's ALWAYS going to be a 9/10 at least for Swans fans, but the REAL story was good enough not to have tried to add crap to fill gaps that weren't there.

Maybe Abi (is that her name?) did a deal with Mal - you do the social media and I'll give you 5 mins of fame. That seems like the most likely scenario to me as it doesn't make sense otherwise.

I suppose it's still possible to add extra footage for the DVD and I would really like to think that all the above comments about Jackett and Rodgers missing are also taking into consideration.

While I'm ranting, I may as well ask why the fcuk would the DVD be released on Boxing Day when it's the perfect stocking-filler for Christmas presents?

The DVD on Boxing Day is a brilliant point - seriously what the fcuk marketing person thought that would be a good idea. If that is what Vodka on your breakfast cereal does to your brain cells then I will stick with milk if you don't mind.

MoscowJack makes some very good points (I get the feeling he doesn't think this Mad Mazza character though) especialy around the people that have been unforgiveably overlooked in the making of this film but played a massive part to where we are

Call me cynical but could it be that Mad Mazza and Vodka Weetabix are in there because they are of the female species rather than because they add to the tale in terms of content??

Jack to a king: The review on 09:41 - Sep 21 with 1312 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack to a king: The review on 09:28 - Sep 21 by westx

The DVD on Boxing Day is a brilliant point - seriously what the fcuk marketing person thought that would be a good idea. If that is what Vodka on your breakfast cereal does to your brain cells then I will stick with milk if you don't mind.

MoscowJack makes some very good points (I get the feeling he doesn't think this Mad Mazza character though) especialy around the people that have been unforgiveably overlooked in the making of this film but played a massive part to where we are

Call me cynical but could it be that Mad Mazza and Vodka Weetabix are in there because they are of the female species rather than because they add to the tale in terms of content??

Aye, Boxing Day! Mental. Your Xmas present is in the post, luv - honest.
£16 on Amazon too - I can get a box set of a Breaking Bad season for less.

I have it on very good authority they're doing their own theatre distribution (Nantgarw AND London!).

Amateur hour. Again.
Jack to a king: The review on 10:06 - Sep 21 with 1284 viewswestx

Jack to a king: The review on 09:41 - Sep 21 by WarwickHunt

Aye, Boxing Day! Mental. Your Xmas present is in the post, luv - honest.
£16 on Amazon too - I can get a box set of a Breaking Bad season for less.

I have it on very good authority they're doing their own theatre distribution (Nantgarw AND London!).

Amateur hour. Again.

And considering the size of investment the club put into this you would assume that the commercial team would be more on top of this.

Jack to a king: The review on 10:12 - Sep 21 with 1278 viewsStarsky

Jack to a king: The review on 10:06 - Sep 21 by westx

And considering the size of investment the club put into this you would assume that the commercial team would be more on top of this.

Commercial team ... It's the only aspect of Swansea City I laugh at.
They deserve all the extra income they DONT get.
If only they outsourced a top professional to head it up.
Maybe we'd have a DVD out before Boxing Day.
Just like Centenary shirts a couple of years ago... Who'd want them for Xmas? Doh.

It's just the internet, init.

Jack to a king: The review on 10:14 - Sep 21 with 1272 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack to a king: The review on 10:06 - Sep 21 by westx

For investment read subsidy.
Jack to a king: The review on 10:23 - Sep 21 with 1240 viewswestx

Jack to a king: The review on 10:12 - Sep 21 by Starsky

Commercial team ... It's the only aspect of Swansea City I laugh at.
They deserve all the extra income they DONT get.
If only they outsourced a top professional to head it up.
Maybe we'd have a DVD out before Boxing Day.
Just like Centenary shirts a couple of years ago... Who'd want them for Xmas? Doh.

Another example of jobs for the boys - someone tell me what experience Mr Dineen has to head up the commercial arm of a £100m business. He put hot drinks and Mars Bars in a vending machine FFS

Jack to a king: The review on 10:24 - Sep 21 with 1239 viewswestx

Jack to a king: The review on 10:14 - Sep 21 by WarwickHunt

For investment read subsidy.

Isn't that the same thing on an example like this or are words important on this one?

Jack to a king: The review on 11:07 - Sep 21 with 1219 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack to a king: The review on 10:24 - Sep 21 by westx

Isn't that the same thing on an example like this or are words important on this one?

Investment implies a return...
Jack to a king: The review on 12:23 - Sep 21 with 1162 viewswestx

Jack to a king: The review on 11:07 - Sep 21 by WarwickHunt

Investment implies a return...

point taken. Commercially though a £1.5m investment to talk up your own part seems to be a good decision on the commercial director making it. Its a hell of an ego trip

Jack to a king: The review on 19:31 - Sep 21 with 1090 viewswestx

On the subject of this film anybody seen the ratings figures yet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024