Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a king: The review 20:25 - Sep 12 with 32563 viewsPlazex

RATING OUT OF 10-No, I am being serious. A big 10.
It follows the story of Swansea from when they had the rollercoaster ride in 2001-2003 to where they are now. Some parts had the cinema laughing, especially the guys in the masks. Another part that was funny was the 'T.W.A.T.' Headline that had everyone laughing
I'm not gonna say that much, It is around an hour 30 long. Seriously, it's worth the 9 quid or whatever it is.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack to a king: The review on 22:51 - Sep 12 with 2773 viewsThursday

Jack to a king: The review on 22:43 - Sep 12 by ScoobyWho

I agree, shouldn't affect your score tho.

My score was lowered cause I couldn't find a torrent for it. I'm close to vetoing this movie for there not being a reliable avenue to steal it.
Jack to a king: The review on 22:54 - Sep 12 with 2759 viewsNewhousemustscore

Thoroughly enjoyed it. There were some real characters interviewed and some funny lines but no-one was embarrassing.a couple of emotional bits (Kevin Johns brave heart speech) and a couple of punch the air moments. Everyone in the cinema applauded when it finished. Petty gave his side of things but still didn't convince. I wonder why Brendan didn't appear. Dvd would be good but it seemed almost surreal seeing it played out on the big screen and would therefore recommend seeing it in the cinema.
Jack to a king: The review on 23:00 - Sep 12 with 2726 viewsPhil_S

A good story - think it glossed too quickly over the role of the supporters particularly around the Petty era and there are some glaring holes in our history missed out that were discussed on here earlier today

Having said that its a good film for a Swansea fan but disappointed as well to see no contributions from the likes of Brendan, Monks, Tatey and Trunds
Jack to a king: The review on 23:11 - Sep 12 with 2675 viewsNewhousemustscore

Jack to a king: The review on 23:00 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

A good story - think it glossed too quickly over the role of the supporters particularly around the Petty era and there are some glaring holes in our history missed out that were discussed on here earlier today

Having said that its a good film for a Swansea fan but disappointed as well to see no contributions from the likes of Brendan, Monks, Tatey and Trunds

That's the film industry though surely. If they'd had the role of the trust, the promotion under Kenny, interviews with Tate, Brendan, Monks, trunds etc the critics would probably have panned it for being too long. It was gonna be hard to get all that into 99 minutes. Personally, I wouldn't have stopped at the Reading game. I'd have liked a mention to say we've since stayed in premier league, held our own, gone on to win a major trophy and into Europe. On another positive note I can confirm no-one in the cinema I went to left 10 minutes before the end.
Jack to a king: The review on 23:15 - Sep 12 with 2660 viewsAngelRangelQS

You're never going to please everyone condensing a film down from 10 years to 99 minutes.

I thought it was excellent myself
Jack to a king: The review on 23:16 - Sep 12 with 2658 viewsAquinas

Were they not approached?

They seem more relevant than the girl talking all the way through one of the most poignant moments in recent swans history.

I'd rather hear Monk talk about what he felt diving in to make the vital block, his feelings pre game and the elation after the game rather than a young (although loyal) swansea supporter's views.
Jack to a king: The review on 23:16 - Sep 12 with 2656 viewsChief

Great film, very funny in parts, brought back many great memories.

But there were omissions of great / momentous moments along the way (no mention of the rise&fall in the 80s, play off loss at old Wembley, play off loss at millennium, JPT trophy win, forest play off semi win, Garry Monk, tate, Huw Cooze?)

Still must be difficult to fit a decade of brilliance into an hour and a half.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jack to a king: The review on 23:23 - Sep 12 with 2642 viewsperchrockjack

Seems lot of negatives.
The demise in the bad days was worthy of Ridley scott

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a king: The review on 23:25 - Sep 12 with 2637 viewsChief

there was a big round applause at the end of the film in Llanelli Odeon tonight and it was packed out.

Jack to a king: The review on 23:26 - Sep 12 with 2635 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 23:11 - Sep 12 by Newhousemustscore

That's the film industry though surely. If they'd had the role of the trust, the promotion under Kenny, interviews with Tate, Brendan, Monks, trunds etc the critics would probably have panned it for being too long. It was gonna be hard to get all that into 99 minutes. Personally, I wouldn't have stopped at the Reading game. I'd have liked a mention to say we've since stayed in premier league, held our own, gone on to win a major trophy and into Europe. On another positive note I can confirm no-one in the cinema I went to left 10 minutes before the end.

Disagree the role of those various people and seasons could have been fitted in with the toning down of other parts of the film

Some of them are quite big bits - a 21% shareholding of a club by a group of fans, a promotion winning season, a manager who took us into the promised land. Wouldn't have had to missed out other interviews just less of them - for example a little less of Leon wouldn't have taken anything away or even Dave Morgan, Leigh or even Abi
Jack to a king: The review on 23:28 - Sep 12 with 2621 viewsChief

anyone know how the film was received in Cardiff Odeon?

anyone go or know anyone who went?

Jack to a king: The review on 23:28 - Sep 12 with 2621 viewsperchrockjack

I'm staggered Philip didn't at least have a cameo role. Probably an equity issue.

And that was cameo not camisole

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jack to a king: The review on 23:28 - Sep 12 with 2621 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 23:16 - Sep 12 by Aquinas

Were they not approached?

They seem more relevant than the girl talking all the way through one of the most poignant moments in recent swans history.

I'd rather hear Monk talk about what he felt diving in to make the vital block, his feelings pre game and the elation after the game rather than a young (although loyal) swansea supporter's views.

I would be really disappointed if they hadn't have approached the likes of Monks, Trunds, Tatey or Brendan. Brendan may have refused I cannot believe the other 3 would have done?

From my perspective as the current head of the Trust I am disappointed (and Mal is well aware of this) that they elected to show someone who ran away when the going got tough as the figurehead of the Trust there were far more worthy candidates
Jack to a king: The review on 23:34 - Sep 12 with 2592 viewsmatt_the_jack

Jack to a king: The review on 23:28 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

I would be really disappointed if they hadn't have approached the likes of Monks, Trunds, Tatey or Brendan. Brendan may have refused I cannot believe the other 3 would have done?

From my perspective as the current head of the Trust I am disappointed (and Mal is well aware of this) that they elected to show someone who ran away when the going got tough as the figurehead of the Trust there were far more worthy candidates

I was surprised to see you weren't in it Phil. I know they interviewed a lot of people and I guess they just couldn't show everything.

Mal did say when I went to the showing that they didn't want the film to be slowed down by Kenny or Sousa. Though I did think maybe a brief mention could've been given.

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

Jack to a king: The review on 23:37 - Sep 12 with 2581 viewsNewhousemustscore

Jack to a king: The review on 23:26 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

Disagree the role of those various people and seasons could have been fitted in with the toning down of other parts of the film

Some of them are quite big bits - a 21% shareholding of a club by a group of fans, a promotion winning season, a manager who took us into the promised land. Wouldn't have had to missed out other interviews just less of them - for example a little less of Leon wouldn't have taken anything away or even Dave Morgan, Leigh or even Abi

They did mention the shareholding. I liked all the interviews with all of the above. Someone mentioned he'd have liked to hear how Garry monk felt when he made the block, but he probably instinctively did it and didn't think. Leon discussing how his life would changed if we'd lost the hull game cos he ended up staying here cos we won and then met his wife and the had children was poignant. Only bit I'd have taken out was the old film of copper industry, tree planting.
Jack to a king: The review on 23:45 - Sep 12 with 2507 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 23:37 - Sep 12 by Newhousemustscore

They did mention the shareholding. I liked all the interviews with all of the above. Someone mentioned he'd have liked to hear how Garry monk felt when he made the block, but he probably instinctively did it and didn't think. Leon discussing how his life would changed if we'd lost the hull game cos he ended up staying here cos we won and then met his wife and the had children was poignant. Only bit I'd have taken out was the old film of copper industry, tree planting.

The shareholding was an afterthought at the end of the film - Leigh mentioned it briefly before he told us how he mortgaged his house to get his own shareholding

Not saying I didn't enjoy any of the interviews but it wouldn't have detracted to have less of them and more from other people to balance it out

As you said impossible to keep everyone happy and keep the film to a decent length but as much as I enjoyed it I cant help but feel it could have been better in my view
Jack to a king: The review on 23:45 - Sep 12 with 2498 viewsthejack1912

Jack to a king: The review on 21:58 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Plazex, by giving it a 10/10 you are putting it either on equal standing or claiming it is a better film than anything ever made.

Is it really better than The Shawshank Redemption? Is it really better than Captain Phillips? Is it really better than Pulp Fiction? I highly doubt it.

Swear you come on here just to pick a fight on every thread

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Jack to a king: The review on 23:47 - Sep 12 with 2491 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 23:34 - Sep 12 by matt_the_jack

I was surprised to see you weren't in it Phil. I know they interviewed a lot of people and I guess they just couldn't show everything.

Mal did say when I went to the showing that they didn't want the film to be slowed down by Kenny or Sousa. Though I did think maybe a brief mention could've been given.

I'm sure they couldn't show everything and to be fair Matt I had no desire to be in it at all but there were some worthy people from the Trust perspective who should have been in it and I will always be disappointed that Mal elected to use Marilyn as the Trust perspective against the wishes of the Trust chairman and the Supporter Director.

As I said in my own review every Swans fan will enjoy it though so I am not saying it is crap

And you are right brief mention would have been enough for Sousa but lets be fair Kenny did alot for this club as a manager and can't just be airbrushed!!
Jack to a king: The review on 23:55 - Sep 12 with 2470 viewsSweyns_Eye

I enjoyed it. It was quite an emotional ride watching it. The story is told by the viewpoint of the participants, although this gives the impression they were the main players and it has the effect of pushing all the other collaborators into the background. I also wonder if they've deliberately tried to avoid it becoming too bloke dominated by their choice of some of their interviewees. I'd have liked to have seen more explanatory notes on the screen from time to time - more than the few they did - but that's my view. However this technique worked well in the QPR film "The 4 Year Plan".

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Jack to a king: The review on 00:20 - Sep 13 with 2417 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Sounds like it's a pleasant film. I'm glad. Let's hope it has enough viewings / DVD's sold so that it doesn't make a loss.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jack to a king: The review on 00:31 - Sep 13 with 2401 viewsbalboajack

Totally agree. I thought parts of the film would be very cringeworthy, but it was made really well.

Use code FILM40 for 40% off as well
Jack to a king: The review on 00:33 - Sep 13 with 2399 viewsLiberty

There does seem to be a touch of jealousy / envy in this thread , which is a shame we can't all unite and support a SCFC film.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Jack to a king: The review on 01:05 - Sep 13 with 2358 viewsshimmie

Jack to a king: The review on 22:01 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah, and if it was out before boxing day they'd still be able to user their Amazon gift tokens to purchase it. Dear me.

I'll tell you what it is. A great adaptation of the remarkable swansea story told through the eyes of the fans in a well produced professional manner. You leave there with loads to discuss with your mates who you've shared this ride with that brings up moments many of us had forgotten.

You'll never know that feeling though, because you're a social retard who spends 90% of your free time on here, getting a hard on when some responds to. Probably a consequence of being so utterly boring and forgettable in real life. You'll have no mates to discuss it with.

Was it a cinematic experience to rival that of gladiator or pulp fiction? No. Was it handy reminder that supporting a football club is as much about loyalty as it is keeping friendships and memories together? Yes it f)cking is. If you weren't so thourably unlinkable I'd pity you. Thanks for making it easy. You utter utter c*nt.
Jack to a king: The review on 01:10 - Sep 13 with 2344 viewsshimmie

Jack to a king: The review on 01:05 - Sep 13 by shimmie

I'll tell you what it is. A great adaptation of the remarkable swansea story told through the eyes of the fans in a well produced professional manner. You leave there with loads to discuss with your mates who you've shared this ride with that brings up moments many of us had forgotten.

You'll never know that feeling though, because you're a social retard who spends 90% of your free time on here, getting a hard on when some responds to. Probably a consequence of being so utterly boring and forgettable in real life. You'll have no mates to discuss it with.

Was it a cinematic experience to rival that of gladiator or pulp fiction? No. Was it handy reminder that supporting a football club is as much about loyalty as it is keeping friendships and memories together? Yes it f)cking is. If you weren't so thourably unlinkable I'd pity you. Thanks for making it easy. You utter utter c*nt.

I'm a bit pissed (cos I went out for a few after with my MATES) but I stand by every mis spelt word. You F*cking cretin.
Jack to a king: The review on 01:10 - Sep 13 with 2343 viewsouttolunch

Jack to a king: The review on 21:58 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Plazex, by giving it a 10/10 you are putting it either on equal standing or claiming it is a better film than anything ever made.

Is it really better than The Shawshank Redemption? Is it really better than Captain Phillips? Is it really better than Pulp Fiction? I highly doubt it.

Heres a question. Why dont you just f#ck off and leave our club alone theres a good boy. Pathetic person.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024